The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "New Order Of The Lamp Crates"

• SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happily surprised from tiers of Wisp, Monkey, and Mining; I was expecting them to be more expensive.

I really hope the new recall hasn't a "dark" sound or animation. I just want it for the springy-vibe color.

About crafting animations: I find funny (and sad?) that a mining/enchanting animation can look cooler than a skill one, but I don't understand why should I select those flashy ones when they "waste time" since they aren't affected from Master Gatherer...

Sure, Master Gatherer is slotted only on my crafter, since other characters use different CPs, but then... All my characters will use flashy crafting actions while my only crafter will continue to "look poor" for convenience - that doesn't make sense to me.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaiFaith wrote: »
    Happily surprised from tiers of Wisp, Monkey, and Mining; I was expecting them to be more expensive.

I really hope the new recall hasn't a "dark" sound or animation. I just want it for the springy-vibe color.

About crafting animations: I find funny (and sad?) that a mining/enchanting animation can look cooler than a skill one, but I don't understand why should I select those flashy ones when they "waste time" since they aren't affected from Master Gatherer...

Sure, Master Gatherer is slotted only on my crafter, since other characters use different CPs, but then... All my characters will use flashy crafting actions while my only crafter will continue to "look poor" for convenience - that doesn't make sense to me.

if you have master gatherer slotted and use the alternative animations, it still harvests the same time with or without the alt animation

its a pretty noticeable difference in the time it takes to gather with the master gatherer and without

the only part that can get a bit wonky with the alt animations is when your chaining a lot of resource gathering back to back (such as a survey) with master gatherer on
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if you have master gatherer slotted and use the alternative animations, it still harvests the same time with or without the alt animation

its a pretty noticeable difference in the time it takes to gather with the master gatherer and without

the only part that can get a bit wonky with the alt animations is when your chaining a lot of resource gathering back to back (such as a survey) with master gatherer on

I meant that by my understanding not every alternative customized action get affected by slotting Master Gatherer; some don't get the 50% cut time.
    At least this is how they are shown in the preview.

If you look the 2 ones that are permanently on sale for crowns they indeed work with the Master Gatherer bonus, but if you preview for example the rune gathering one in the now expiring crates, it is not affected by slotting Master gatherer, it will always take a long time.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I meant that by my understanding not every alternative customized action get affected by slotting Master Gatherer; some don't get the 50% cut time.

If you look the 2 ones that are permanently on sale for crowns they indeed work with the Master Gatherer bonus, but if you preview for example the rune gathering one in the now expiring crates, it is not affected by slotting Master gatherer, it will always take a long time.

yeah the animation doesnt change in the preview, but the actual time it takes to perform the harvest is still shorter

i have 2 harvest alt animations right now, the bound pickaxe (smithing nodes) and the bitter harvest (enchanting nodes) and the animation does not change at all if you have master gatherer or not slotted, but still shortens the harvest time

it does weird things with the animation though with master gatherer slotted, like the bitter harvest one is still "finishing" the animation a second or 2 after i actually finish harvesting and loot and im running off still spinning the little blade around
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any idea when the new crates will be available? 2am UTC? 4am or after maintenance? I can't wait!!
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah the animation doesnt change in the preview, but the actual time it takes to perform the harvest is still shorter

i have 2 harvest alt animations right now, the bound pickaxe (smithing nodes) and the bitter harvest (enchanting nodes) and the animation does not change at all if you have master gatherer or not slotted, but still shortens the harvest time

it does weird things with the animation though with master gatherer slotted, like the bitter harvest one is still "finishing" the animation a second or 2 after i actually finish harvesting and loot and im running off still spinning the little blade around

Ahahah! Ok, I didn't know this but it sounds hilarious to me! NOW I want them all 🤣
    Thanks for the info!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahahah! Ok, I didn't know this but it sounds hilarious to me! NOW I want them all 🤣
    Thanks for the info!

the animation does tend to break/overlap almost if you are doing like surveys

i personally like the alt animations just for something different than the same ole animations for 10 years lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »
    Any idea when the new crates will be available? 2am UTC? 4am or after maintenance? I can't wait!!

should be the same time as when Jester's Festival begins.

There's also a countdown for the All Maker crates though
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which rune gathering one. The Icefist one shows as affected by the passive in the preview on console.
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Which rune gathering one. The Icefist one shows as affected by the passive in the preview on console.

Not to me... At least definitely not by 50%. It looks the same (btw I didn't preview it after the update, I don't know if it has been changed).
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just previewed that recall animation once and I hate it already.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kinda interesting that order of the lamp is portrayed not as some mythic order but... Clowns? Edit: mounts are straight from wow, big no for me personally idk how it even went through lmao.
    Edited by colossalvoids on 28 March 2024 14:25
  • vulonsil
    vulonsil
    ✭✭
    I like some of the furnishings, like the bright lights. I also like that there are more rare mounts like the vvardvark. Would be nice to get more fun skins for the old cat, wolf, guar and nix-ox animations. (Old nix-ox with slim legs was nicer than the newer one.)

Would be nice if you added a function that if you get a radiant apex or an apex you already have, you can choose whether you want the gems or to switch it for another one - either one you pick yourself or one it randomly selects out of the missing ones.

For instance, I like the radiant apex ornaug and would like to get it and I have both the gems and the endeavours for it, but I can't get it yet on the off chance that I buy more crates and get it from the crates - I don't want to pay a lot of gems and then get less gems back for nothing. If it was possible to exchange it for another instead of losing gems I would get it right now. Since I can't, there's a possibility that I decide I don't need it after all by the time the crates are about to go - has happened multiple times.

As for the apex... I bought a few packs of the all-maker crates before they left. The only apex I had before that was the robe. After I opened them I still had only the robe, but I had gotten the robe an extra 3 times. I would have rather gotten some other apex, even if it was one I'd never use.

Also, please consider the possibility of adding a function to change crown furnishings to gems. For instance, the current pig furnishing pack has many ugly wooden chair etc furnishings very few people will have any use for, but it's not possible to sell them or exchange them for anything useful or even gift them (though I doubt anyone would want them even for free). The piggy is cool, the toilet is nice, the tomatoes and fish and robe are useful, the lights are ok though not very useful - everything else is useless and will just eat space. No one has use for even the free banners that drop from the event, why would they want to pay for more which only become a problem space-wise? I like the piggy and would consider buying it alone for 3k, but I don't want the useless stuff and pointless inventory management that comes with it, so the pack is not worth it.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Now that the crates are out and I looked through, I picked up the Order of the Lamp horse and the idle magic emote, both are quite nice :)
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I will say about the quality of these crates is… I’m glad I have more time to save up Seals of Endeavor for the next batch of crates.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i really like the order of the lamp armor, but not a fan of the markings. i wish there was a non glowy varient
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    The purple horse is too purple and the dark steel color is bad match for the Quasigriff - a mount costing 2500 gems should be more complex, like the Solstheim Shiver Wolf.

I love my Galerion's Indrik though.
    Edited by moo_2021 on 28 March 2024 20:02
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had very low hope for the recall, ready for a disappointment but... I LOVE IT! I'm already spamming it ahahah

In those crates I got the Monkey, the Wisp and the Apex purple Skin that I wanted. The rest was not of my interest but I got enough gems to buy the Mining meteor.
    I'm undecided about 40gems for those blue lights...

The Ornaug mount animation is really cool! Its colors too. Same for the Quasigriff. Sadly I don't like the animals themselves.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had very low hope for the recall, ready for a disappointment but... I LOVE IT! I'm already spamming it ahahah

...and ZOS is encouraging this behavior while people suffer headaches and eye strain.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...and ZOS is encouraging this behavior while people suffer headaches and eye strain.

You should see Arcanists' parties XD
    Btw, I am no Arcanist and the "spamming" part was just a joke, take it easy :P
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noone likes the two new skins? I was debating getting one or both.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything I’m interested in is Epic tier. Some good stuff there my seals will go to
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • VisitHammerfell
    VisitHammerfell
    ✭✭✭
    After being a boo boo the fool and getting scammed in ZC, I traded gold w a guildie for the big bundle.

Got the Sunset Welwa mount and all the 40 & 16 tier items I wanted, only had to buy the sabatons. Love the German Shepherd and Zaboomafu :) have very sensitive dry eyes and the recall surprisingly doesn't bother them much if I'm in 3rd person, it's pretty cool

Sadly no Apex or Radiant Apex for 2nd cycle in a row, but I have enough gems or seals to get the 2 items I want while they're out (Vvardvark & storm atro poly)
    FOR THE COVENANT!
    PS NA 2200+ CP
    🦁 Colonel 1 (25)

PS EU 1300+ CP
    🦁 Tribune 2 (28)

PS NA Alt 500+ CP
    🦁 Captain 1 (19)

Bring back Crafty Lerisa (with same voice actress)
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wanna add that the mage robe costume is beautiful and I'd love to see more robes like it, costumes or otherwise. Like the celestial robes and necrom evening attire as well
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noone likes the two new skins? I was debating getting one or both.

I randomly got the purple one and I am appreciating it more than expected, really liking it.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do people like these skins and polymorphs that completely obliterate the appearance of your character??? There have been a few more subtle skins, like from completing the Challenger achievement for Scalecaller Peak and the henna skin from the Unfeathered crates, that are nice to use. But these astral/aether/harrowed/etc. skins and all these polymorphs — why???

I would like more detailed costumes that fit the world (as from the last two crate seasons) and personalities that aren’t exaggerated — Deadlands Firewalker is great for instance!

Makeup really needs a transparency slider and some of these look awful when completely opaque (except in just the right cases, just the right skin tone, etc.) but might give a nice effect if translucent.

I was hopeful for the Eveyea Evoker’s flair, but to me it looks tacky rather than elegant from the size and surface properties of the various elements.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deadlands Firewalker is great for instance!

I wish we could still get that personality, it's mostly subtle and looks good. Unfortunately I missed it and apparently we can't get it anymore.
    Edited by Kendaric on 29 March 2024 22:58
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • NotaDaedraWorshipper
      NotaDaedraWorshipper
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

You should see Arcanists' parties XD
      Btw, I am no Arcanist and the "spamming" part was just a joke, take it easy :P

I see them more than I want to.
      It's also impossible to tell if it is a joke over text, more so when there are people who does this in game for "fun". I'm not taking something that causes me and others headaches and eye pain easy.
      Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on 29 March 2024 20:49
      [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    • Araneae6537
      Araneae6537
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »
      Deadlands Firewalker is great for instance!

I wish we could still get that personality, it's mostly subtle and looks good. Unfortunately I missed it and apparently we can't get it more.

I believe it rotates availability through the Impressario’s assistant — you may want to check that schedule. :)
    • sleepy_worm
      sleepy_worm
      ✭✭✭

ZOS is encouraging people to have fun playing the game, yes. That is what character customization is for. Having fun playing the game. I know you enjoy character customization as well. And you should. It's fun. And in a multi-player game, you have to tolerate other people having fun in ways you don't.

Eye strain and headaches are problems for you to solve, not the community.