The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Am I seeing it right...?

• Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    Woo!

Where do we get the Chamber Pot???

This is a must have in every one of my homes.
  • Diebesgut
    Diebesgut
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    Ah well. It was fun while it lasted. :)

I'm wondering if it bothered anyone? I saw no complaints, but a lot of people hitting the "awesome" button.

It was awesome roleplay and i absolutely don't understand why someone deleted it.
    Must be someone who does not play, like or understand this game and roleplayers.

Toilet: my Khajiit would never use this foul smelling unhygienic chair ! 🙀

Khajiit Sicherheitsdienst ~ Überprüfung von Schlössern aller Art ~ Khajiit Security ~ Inspection of any kind of locks
    Khajiit Gebrauchtwaren ~ Handel mit Waren aller Art ~ Khajiit Store ~ Trading of any kind of goods
    Playstation
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Diebesgut wrote: »

Toilet: my Khajiit would never use this foul smelling unhygienic chair ! 🙀

But... it looks like it's an exquisite piece from Alinor, finest High Elf quality!

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A latrine is just a hole where stuff goes down into the ground. A toilet is connected to plumbing.
    I don’t know if that is an official definition but it is a working one in my experience.

I just know that it's derived from Latin "latrinum", which is short for "lavatrinum", which comes from "lavare" (to wash/bathe), and also meant "bathroom" as a whole. In my country, "latrine" generally isn't much used (there are other words for the "hole in the ground" constructions), but when (in region dialect or colloquial language), then it's synonymous with "toilet". About English, I don't know.
    It was awesome roleplay

Thank you! I'm not sure how others perceived it (probably everyone differently...), but for me it's about nothing else then love for the game, love for the lore (yes, that one sermon was actually a slightly altered excerpt from the "The Truth in Sequence" lorebooks, some other things were allusions to some typical Telvanni hobbies in TES 3 ;) ). And of course having fun and also bringing a bit of fun to others, to read or even jump in.

Edited by Syldras on 3 February 2024 16:40
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if it bothered anyone? I saw no complaints, but a lot of people hitting the "awesome" button.

Anyway... Toilets. My main doesn't need them, he just opens a portal when neccessary :p But don't expect me to make a story out of that...

@Syldras @Wolf_Eye

No matter what, I'll always be the corpse in your cellar~ XD

You guys always make me laugh, and I couldn't help but enjoy myself while it lasted. Having fun with the lore is the best kind of ESO humor.

But ahem, yes *cough* toilets. Whose excited to ditch their portable chamber pots, amIright? No more buckets for me, yessir!

On the subject of latrines, I have heard the term used interchangeably in reference to toilets and bathrooms in general. My great grandparents lived during a time when outhouses were still being used although indoor plumbing was available. They used the word "latrine" to refer to toilets in all forms, including those made of porcelain and attached to plumbing indoors. It was used colloquially as a polite euphemism for the bathroom in general by themselves and those around them who were their age. In contrast, they used the word "toilet" as in "making your toilet" or washing up/brushing your hair/applying perfume, but not for what we call a toilet today.

I've found its a word that ends up getting defined by how the locals around you use it, rather than by its dictionary definition. Though these days, it only comes up in our household as a reference to the movie Men in Tights.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Diebesgut
    Diebesgut
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »

But... it looks like it's an exquisite piece from Alinor, finest High Elf quality!

High Elf quality... 🤔
    (that explains a lot 😸)

Khajiit Sicherheitsdienst ~ Überprüfung von Schlössern aller Art ~ Khajiit Security ~ Inspection of any kind of locks
    Khajiit Gebrauchtwaren ~ Handel mit Waren aller Art ~ Khajiit Store ~ Trading of any kind of goods
    Playstation
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ArchangelIsraphel

Aww, that's one of the most romantic things I've heard in a while :p Isn't there a Heart's Day contest going on? (Not sure if other people find corpses and cellars very romantic, to be honest).
    You guys always make me laugh, and I couldn't help but enjoy myself while it lasted. Having fun with the lore is the best kind of ESO humor.

Seriously, I think there will be new occasions. We just have to keep in mind to be closer to the given topic. Like toilets. This toilet:

ij8ahud0pygd.jpg

Seems to be Alinor style. Do you happen to be an Altmer corpse by any chance? Maybe you can enlighten us about the bathroom traditions of your people? Although - no, better forget that I asked! I know it's a huge taboo in Altmer culture; I've once even seen a man almost fainting as he tried to talk about the Shimmerene sewers.

Anyway, while I think this furniture piece looks good, it might not fit in every house. Too obviously Altmer style. When it comes to bathtubs, there was at least another one in Dunmer style, that looked more neutral.

Edited by Syldras on 4 February 2024 00:34
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Diebesgut
    Diebesgut
    ✭✭✭✭
    🧐 🧐 🧐

No.
    Noway.
    Never.

you can talk it as shiny as the High Elfs...

...but maybe my Khajiit family could sell it to.... people who don't care 😸

(hey, look at this, it's the newest chair from Alinor, so practical and High Elf quality! Anyone who is self respecting has this thing throne in his house 😬 best price today! )

Playstation
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

High Elf quality... 🤔
    (that explains a lot 😸)

I understand from your statement that you doubt the superb High Elf quality... One should not forget that this piece even has armrests and integrated candles (so that you can read while enjoying it!). It could also be made much simpler, like these furniture from the 19th century (and there are existing way worse examples...)...

5gy8bl0do5rt.jpg
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyway... Toilets. My main doesn't need them, he just opens a portal when neccessary :p But don't expect me to make a story out of that...

@Syldras @Wolf_Eye

Today on "things you cannot say out of context" :D:D:D:D:D

Thank you. I really appreciate it. Especially since I have not been doing well lately, so it is good to hear that I have made someone's day better. <3

On the subject of latrines, I have heard the term used interchangeably in reference to toilets and bathrooms in general. My great grandparents lived during a time when outhouses were still being used although indoor plumbing was available. They used the word "latrine" to refer to toilets in all forms, including those made of porcelain and attached to plumbing indoors. It was used colloquially as a polite euphemism for the bathroom in general by themselves and those around them who were their age. In contrast, they used the word "toilet" as in "making your toilet" or washing up/brushing your hair/applying perfume, but not for what we call a toilet today.

I've found its a word that ends up getting defined by how the locals around you use it, rather than by its dictionary definition. Though these days, it only comes up in our household as a reference to the movie Men in Tights.

Oh yes, the topic. Latrines. That's actually very interesting history, thank you. It makes sense; people wanting to use a "polite" catch all word to refer to bathroom things.

I think where I am at, latrine can be used the same as bathroom (but most people would assume you mean an outdoor bathroom).
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wolf_Eye You have summoned me? Oh, by accident, I see... :D Well, in case you need anything, you can always contact me. Just send a courier, a carrier pigeon, or a dreamsleeve transmission.
    @Syldras @Wolf_Eye

You can't say anything anymore nowadays! Okay, okay... I understand that "corpse" sounds so... negative (unless you're a necromancer, that is). How about we call him our "favorite piece of furniture" instead? :p

So, back to topic... Is there any info yet how to get that item? Furniture plan, event tickets, maybe a quest reward (although I'm not sure if I want to imagine what that quest would be about)?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wolf_Eye You have summoned me? Oh, by accident, I see... :D Well, in case you need anything, you can always contact me. Just send a courier, a carrier pigeon, or a dreamsleeve transmission.

A dreamsleeve? Really. I swear you Telvanni can be so OLDSCHOOL sometimes! A simple letter via Mages guild portals is where it's at nowadays!

@Syldras @Wolf_Eye

You can't say anything anymore nowadays! Okay, okay... I understand that "corpse" sounds so... negative (unless you're a necromancer, that is). How about we call him our "favorite piece of furniture" instead? :p

"Our favorite furnishings" LOL. I don't have much to add here, other than it made me laugh. :D
    So, back to topic... Is there any info yet how to get that item? Furniture plan, event tickets, maybe a quest reward (although I'm not sure if I want to imagine what that quest would be about)?

If I had my way, I would call the quest "Skip to my Loo, My Darlin'".

Lost my chamberpot, what'll I do?
    Skip to my loo, my darlin!

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A dreamsleeve? Really. I swear you Telvanni can be so OLDSCHOOL sometimes! A simple letter via Mages guild portals is where it's at nowadays!

To be honest, the main reason why I suggested dreamsleeve was the fact that part of me is in a permanent meditational state anyway. Or like the fancy Telvanni kids here in Sadrith Mora put it: Terminally online :p

If I had my way, I would call the quest "Skip to my Loo, My Darlin'".

A lost chamberpot? Well, I hope it will be more than just a simple fetch quest!
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Diebesgut
    Diebesgut
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... if there would be a chamberpot throne quest my Khajiit family would sent at first a High Elf to look for the details inside. 🤔
    Playstation
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well... since someone just asked about the toilet... I have a really bad feeling about that.
    It's not among the new furniture in the Housing Store and I recently discovered the "throne" in a new furnishing pack. :/
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't this a datamine and aren't those against the TOS here?
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't this a datamine and aren't those against the TOS here?

The info is for long time available on ESO-Hub under "Scions of Ithelia DLC for ESO".
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    So.. i got redirected here after asking a simple question. Is this available yet, if so where please.
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So.. i got redirected here after asking a simple question. Is this available yet, if so where please.

The March Crown store showcase briefly mentions this item as part of the preview for the Furnishing Pack: Jester's Festival Stagecraft. Here is the quote below:
    Life is a stage! Or so those who celebrate Jester's Festival believe. With this pack you can set the stage for a bevy of memorable shenanigans. Dispense dazzlers, spar with King Boar, even hold court like a royal upon a (chamber pot) throne!!

So this item looks to be upcoming and available in the new Jester's themed furnishing pack. Which means it will likely get released sometime during the Jester's Fest proper.
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    aaah so part of a furnishing pack that costs a lot of crowns and filled with a lot of other stuff one would likely not want/have room for.... *mutter*

Thank you for the answer tho!! <3
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How big is the chance that the Pot Throne will come to the Housing Store after the Jesters Festival pack is sold? I'm not buying the furnishing pack to get a single toilet for all of my 50 houses!

I'm tired of always having to build my own toilet...

kzspl1y7ayvo.jpg

xujinom3j5wq.jpg

Edited by Lugaldu on 28 March 2024 07:11
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How big is the chance that the Pot Throne will come to the Housing Store after the Jesters Festival pack is sold? I'm not buying the furnishing pack to get a single toilet for all of my 50 houses!

I'm tired of always having to build my own toilet...

kzspl1y7ayvo.jpg

xujinom3j5wq.jpg

I looked in-game just now because the furnishing pack was released today. And it does not seem like they have added the chamber pot throne to the housing store separately.

Nor did they add the dazzlers either (which was the part I was interested in).

Interestingly enough, there's a chain pull in the chamber pot throne. Which seems to imply that this is not actually a chamber pot but a proper toilet (as in, the chain pull empties the waste someplace).
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I looked in-game just now because the furnishing pack was released today. And it does not seem like they have added the chamber pot throne to the housing store separately.

Interestingly enough, there's a chain pull in the chamber pot throne. Which seems to imply that this is not actually a chamber pot but a proper toilet (as in, the chain pull empties the waste someplace).

Oh no... :'(
    Hopefully they will add it later!
    I am not sure, but how was the situation with the Furnishing pack that contained the two druid huts? Where the huts later added to the Housing store? I bought that package because I wanted to have the huts, but recently saw that you can buy the druid huts also in the Housing store.

• Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh no... :'(
    Hopefully they will add it later!
    I am not sure, but how was the situation with the Furnishing pack that contained the two druid huts? Where the huts later added to the Housing store? I bought that package because I wanted to have the huts, but recently saw that you can buy the druid huts also in the Housing store.

Actually I think I remember the huts being available BEFORE the furnishing pack was even released. But I am not 100% sure. I do remember looking through the catalog right around the pack's release because I was curious how much of the pack was available for separate purchase.

There was another furnishing pack that I remember released separate parts. Let me see if I can find it/remember it for comparison.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lugaldu

I checked again. Just in case. It's listed as a throne, so I looked under thrones. But I also typed the word "Chamber" just in case. Sorry Lugaldu :/

8sfbp9pzjfvo.png

ffbjzb8wii3o.png

~~

And I remember it now. It was the Aquatic Splender furnishing pack. it was the pack released alongside Seaveil Spire (way back when it first came out). I was interested in this pack because it had so many new items.

Initially, when the furnishing pack was released, a lot of these new items were released for separate purchase (Such as Sand Drift, Oceanic). But I lost interest because they were on a timer, suggesting that these separate purchases would leave the store the same time the furnishing pack left the store. However, many of these pieces later came back to the housing store permanently as separate purchases.

You can now buy those Sand Drifts (without buying the furnishing pack) anytime you want from the housing editor. Another item from this pack was the Minnow School (which you can permanently buy separately as well).

So separate purchases of new furnishing items has indeed happened in the past, but it does not seem to happen often. I don't think ZOS realized that there would be many people interested in a ready made toilet for their homes, so they might not have thought it would be worth making it a separate purchase.

I think if you raised the issue with them and requested it a lot, they might consider it. Especially if the demand is high.

For myself, I would love for those fireworks to be a separate purchase; having tons of fireworks in my home would be so awesome.

• Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Lugaldu

I checked again. Just in case. It's listed as a throne, so I looked under thrones. But I also typed the word "Chamber" just in case. Sorry Lugaldu :/

8sfbp9pzjfvo.png

ffbjzb8wii3o.png

~~

And I remember it now. It was the Aquatic Splender furnishing pack. it was the pack released alongside Seaveil Spire (way back when it first came out). I was interested in this pack because it had so many new items.

Initially, when the furnishing pack was released, a lot of these new items were released for separate purchase (Such as Sand Drift, Oceanic). But I lost interest because they were on a timer, suggesting that these separate purchases would leave the store the same time the furnishing pack left the store. However, many of these pieces later came back to the housing store permanently as separate purchases.

You can now buy those Sand Drifts (without buying the furnishing pack) anytime you want from the housing editor. Another item from this pack was the Minnow School (which you can permanently buy separately as well).

So separate purchases of new furnishing items has indeed happened in the past, but it does not seem to happen often. I don't think ZOS realized that there would be many people interested in a ready made toilet for their homes, so they might not have thought it would be worth making it a separate purchase.

I think if you raised the issue with them and requested it a lot, they might consider it. Especially if the demand is high.

For myself, I would love for those fireworks to be a separate purchase; having tons of fireworks in my home would be so awesome.

Thanks for checking!

Well, then there is still (theoretically) hope that the Chamber Pot Throne and the dazzlers will one day make it into the standard offering in the Housing Store.

I would be surprised if ZOS aren't aware of how desirable the toilet is! @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similarly, I would really like for ALL the furnishings from furnishing packs to be available for individual purchase! The furnishing packs would be a good deal for those who wanted all or at least a good portion of the furnishings, but not the only way to get them. As one example, I really wanted the Jel Primer book for my library, but don’t have use for the other furnishings from the Murkmire explorer pack in any of my builds, so it wouldn’t make sense for me to buy the furnishing pack, but I would buy the book individually (probably several) if I could.
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similarly, I would really like for ALL the furnishings from furnishing packs to be available for individual purchase!
    Zenimax will never do this when there are people out there that will buy the bundle twice just to have two Jel Primer books (yes, I know someone who did this). Bundles/packs are just a way to get players to have to spend more and sadly it works.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    fizzylu wrote: »
    Similarly, I would really like for ALL the furnishings from furnishing packs to be available for individual purchase!
    Zenimax will never do this when there are people out there that will buy the bundle twice just to have two Jel Primer books (yes, I know someone who did this). Bundles/packs are just a way to get players to have to spend more and sadly it works.

Yes, unfortunately. But it's just not fair that they tie an essential piece of furniture solely to a single furnishing pack. There are many books, but now there is only this one toilet and I don't buy 50 x the package because I have 50 houses...
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want "build in washlet toilet"...There're not much decent toilet paper in the Tamriel...So...
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".