The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Warden Ice Skill replace

yadibroz
yadibroz
✭✭✭
They should remove ice skill to someone else and make a new class with most ice skill and they can even copy the entire ice skill tree from warden and put it on the new class so as example make a ice class like lightning and fire from dragonknight and Sorcerer and if they do that it will make sense but for now ice don't fit with warden.

Do you agree?
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    To give it to someone else i mean
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i doubt zos would remove an entire skill line from a class.
    but if they did, what do you want them to replace Winter's Embrace with?
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice absolutely fits with Warden. They do nature magic. They have animals, plants, and ice.
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree. Also, ice is an inherent aspect of the class' identity.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have rather cyromancer been a separate class. It feels like warden tries to encompass ranger, druid, and cryomancer archetypes and so can’t fully be any one. But it wouldn’t be right to make such a drastic class change unless people were also give the option to change class (and for free for wardens) as many have no doubt created a warden character to be an ice mage.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on 20 December 2023 16:25
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No… I think warden being a balance between nature and ice themed really fits. I think if they updated somewhat of how ice damage works it would make warden become what you may be looking to play.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks. Not without a class change token anyways. I love my wardens as they are, I’d consider quitting if they get fundamentally changed or nerfed.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every class has something they do better than everyone else. You could argue that Sorcerers are more proficient in Conjuration, or Dragonknights are more proficient in pyromancy Destruction magic.

In this case, it's Warden who is most proficient in cyromancy Destruction magic. That doesn't necessarily mean that no one besides Wardens can use frost magic, though.
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No… I think warden being a balance between nature and ice themed really fits. I think if they updated somewhat of how ice damage works it would make warden become what you may be looking to play.

Not that I disagree with you... But it may be helps your point... Ice is part of nature.

What do you suppose druids did in the winter? Hibernate?
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice is a perfect complement to Warden’s interesting offensive tree— It takes an Ice Age for cliff racers or shalks to actually reach an enemy (in pvp).

This is why those who play Warden in pvp are either clairvoyant and know exactly where the enemy will be in 9 seconds, or else they just slap the crap out of you with dizzy and spam polar wind and if shalks hit you neat but it don’t matter.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    i doubt zos would remove an entire skill line from a class.
    but if they did, what do you want them to replace Winter's Embrace with?

Keep the entire skill and name just transfter it to a new class that can have all ice skills like sorceress and dk and maybe make a skill tree for warden that has to do with more insect and water and tree.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    So no one want a class that has all ice skills like sorceress and dk?
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    we already have warden so we don't need another ice class.

and a water skill line for warden wouldn't very different, ice is just solid water.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand the logic since Warden’s are linked to Vvardenfell, which has no ice areas. However, I don’t think this would be a wise decision. The class is the class and that’s that.

On a side note, if they did say a Witch class in the future. This could tie into Solstheim and some of the skills could be Fryss Witch inspired. But this might upset people if it’s replaced Warden as the Ice class. If a theoretical Witch class had a mix of elemental options then it wouldn’t be as bad. But how would you differentiate the play style?
    Warden Frost builds focus on Chilled primarily with added burst through Shalks.
    If a Witch were added, any Frost style gameplay would have to be different. Perhaps a channeled DoT similar to Vampiric Drain but more powerful as a primary DPS skill. Maybe, a Frost based DoT execute. A Frost Atronach perhaps as an ULT. This would at least separate it from Warden. But then you would also need to account for other elements too so it doesn’t step on Warden toes too much.
    Edited by MindOfTheSwarm on 23 December 2023 22:40
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MindOfTheSwarm - LOVE the idea of a Witch class!

Sadly, I suspect Arcanist probably will be the last new class. The trajectory of overall game stability/quality suggests it’s winding down…
    Edited by SandandStars on 23 December 2023 23:48
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    we already have warden so we don't need another ice class.

and a water skill line for warden wouldn't very different, ice is just solid water.

I take water over ice for warden
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    @MindOfTheSwarm - LOVE the idea of a Witch class!

Sadly, I suspect Arcanist probably will be the last new class. The trajectory of overall game stability/quality suggests it’s winding down…

We need more classes,more weapons, rework warden and necromancer and a fourth skill tree.
  • Kalthea
    Kalthea
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like everyone has forgotten that Solstheim exists, which is definitely part of the province of Morrowind, and is exceptionally themed around being a winter-covered island, though arguably belongs more to the Nords than the Dunmer.

Honestly, I would rather they change the bear pet to a Kwama Warrior so that the entire pet line could be Morrowind themed, though in its current state you would also call Warden the "Ebonheart Pact Class"
    May your crops be sun-blessed, sweet soul.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kalthea wrote: »
    Seems like everyone has forgotten that Solstheim exists, which is definitely part of the province of Morrowind, and is exceptionally themed around being a winter-covered island, though arguably belongs more to the Nords than the Dunmer.

Honestly, I would rather they change the bear pet to a Kwama Warrior so that the entire pet line could be Morrowind themed, though in its current state you would also call Warden the "Ebonheart Pact Class"

it's definitely a part of Skyrim during the second era.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean get the logic behind this idea, but I personally think it's fine that warden isn't quite "perfect" and that their skill lines are perhaps drawing from some different aspects of what one might expect from a ranger or a druid.

But I think on a practical level, fundamentally altering an existing class by removing an entire skill line (and replacing it with...?) would not be very popular, to put it mildly.

This is not to say that I'd be against adding like... some kind of class with a strong elemental focus in the future... but I certainly wouldn't want it done at the cost of ripping apart a class that many have played and enjoyed for years.

Plus, the fun of a new class is that it's new - having it inherit an existing skill line would be pretty underwhelming imo.
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on 6 January 2024 19:32
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn’t mind it that way maybe we can get a real Ice Mage type class down the road but I doubt ZOS would do it.

The only thing I don’t like about Warden is in order to prepare for the ice tank skill line they made Frost Staff a tank weapon. They should have left that as is and introduced a magicka tanking staff like Alteration Staff with its own tanking skills.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    I wouldn’t mind it that way maybe we can get a real Ice Mage type class down the road but I doubt ZOS would do it.

The only thing I don’t like about Warden is in order to prepare for the ice tank skill line they made Frost Staff a tank weapon. They should have left that as is and introduced a magicka tanking staff like Alteration Staff with its own tanking skills.

That is better for sure
  • Hottytotz
    Hottytotz
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly ice line is the only warden line I really like. I dont mind animal companions line but the animations really throw you off after you realize from all of the animals in the world they are ALL from dark elf island???? I hate the jelly fish following me around 24/7 and i wish shalks were just a generic explosion(ice even) instead of beetles jumping out of the ground ever 3s.

Id like it either to be all about ice or yes id have to agree remove the ice line and give it to sorcerers or something to integrate into their dark magic line etc. Dark magic for sorc is arguably the most useless outside of shards.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    Hottytotz wrote: »
    Sadly ice line is the only warden line I really like. I dont mind animal companions line but the animations really throw you off after you realize from all of the animals in the world they are ALL from dark elf island???? I hate the jelly fish following me around 24/7 and i wish shalks were just a generic explosion(ice even) instead of beetles jumping out of the ground ever 3s.

Id like it either to be all about ice or yes id have to agree remove the ice line and give it to sorcerers or something to integrate into their dark magic line etc. Dark magic for sorc is arguably the most useless outside of shards.

I feel the same, like wish have more ice skill for fun like dragonknight.
  • Rektadon
    Rektadon
    Well a warden is usually a person who deals with extreme weather and protect and preserve animal inhabitants. I understand what youre saying but its technically a winter skill line so it makes sense for the character to control extreme weather.
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yadibroz wrote: »

Since when sorcerers have all skills of one damage type? Thinking that sorcerer is somehow a shock dmg class is very misleading and incorrect.

Some of sorc shock dmg abilities have that shock dmg pushed as secondary effect to just fill the ability with something and DPS wise they either suck or are non existant. Good examples are streak and boundless storm. On the other hand there is a lightning splash which is the least creative out of all class ground AoE abilities. It just deals shock dmg and have a synergy that only Your allies can use. One morph is longer other is wider. That's it. It's extremly boring and unpleasing ability that also doesn't shine dmg wise. Sorc's shock dmg execute is pretty mediocre dmg wise so people rarely slot it outside of certain specific occasions. Class have zero connection with concussed status effect when both warden and DK have nice connection with their respective elemental status effects.

Warden is better ice mage than sorc is a shock mage. Even his ice animations are more pleasing and he can actually build decent ice mage setup since there is more decent sets connected to ice dmg than there is those connected to shock dmg and his ice dmg abilities are actually doing decent dmg.
    Edited by Galeriano on 10 January 2024 02:19
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Galeriano wrote: »

Since when sorcerers have all skills of one damage type? Thinking that sorcerer is somehow a shock dmg class is very misleading and incorrect.

Some of sorc shock dmg abilities have that shock dmg pushed as secondary effect to just fill the ability with something and DPS wise they either suck or are non existant. Good examples are streak and boundless storm. On the other hand there is a lightning splash which is the least creative out of all class ground AoE abilities. It just deals shock dmg and have a synergy that only Your allies can use. One morph is longer other is wider. That's it. It's extremly boring and unpleasing ability that also doesn't shine dmg wise. Sorc's shock dmg execute is pretty mediocre dmg wise so people rarely slot it outside of certain specific occasions. Class have zero connection with concussed status effect when both warden and DK have nice connection with their respective elemental status effects.

Warden is better ice mage than sorc is a shock mage. Even his ice animations are more pleasing and he can actually build decent ice mage setup since there is more decent sets connected to ice dmg than there is those connected to shock dmg and his ice dmg abilities are actually doing decent dmg.

We fought to make frost mage an actual thing. Sorcerer has far more shock damage abilities than we have frost. They just need concussed passive support and damage standardisation. Honestly the elemental classes need damage standardisation. Warden should be Bleed/Frost, sorc Physical/Shock, Dk Poison/Fire
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭

We fought to make frost mage an actual thing. Sorcerer has far more shock damage abilities than we have frost. They just need concussed passive support and damage standardisation. Honestly the elemental classes need damage standardisation. Warden should be Bleed/Frost, sorc Physical/Shock, Dk Poison/Fire

1000% agree I even have two warden, One only Ice Abilities and other one is a bleed build as one war and work perfectly but for the ice warden it feel like it missing something.
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As I've already said fact that sorc have more shock abilities than warden has frost ones really doesn't mean much when You look at those abilities. Sorc's damage is standarised and that's the issue. You have bunch of standarised dmg with no good secondary effects. Sorc looses to warden big time when it comes to connection of his element with passives and abilities secondary effects. Sorc's shock dmg kit is a complete mess with barely any connection between abilities and passives. It would need way more than just connection to concused status effect to be an actual viable shock mage.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree on damage standardisation. But not locked at 2. I think 3 is a more fair number to allow for variety.

With regards to lack of Frost and Disease skills, I believe the answer lies in adding new worlds skills such as a Hedge Mage skill line.

Also, refining the Destruction Staves and perhaps ditching Force Shock with a skill that deals one damage type would help. Then Clench could be updated to be a spammable for all the damage types.

Finally Pulsar and Elemental Ring could be further expanded on. Flame could deal more damage to burning targets. Shock could chain lightning from Concussed targets. Frost could give you another AoE DoT, aura based for Pulsar and Ground based for Elemental Ring. It could even be Health based scaling with added Chill effect and damage specs could still use it since Chill deals good damage now.

But it doesn’t really matter what changes happen to existing skills, the truth is there aren’t enough skills outside of classes that can accommodate the lack of elemental representation that currently exists. We need more non-class skills, whatever they may be.

This is why I am so adamant on a Hedge Mage skill line as very class would benefit. If the skill line has a good balance of elements that fit into the flavor of what they do, you could even play off-meta. A Frost Sorc for example.