Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How do you make gold? I want me a horse!

• kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Provisioning and vendor
    2) Vendor all your loot
    3) Gather and vendor
    4) Quest rewards
    5) Don't spend your money on silly things like out of network fast travel

OR

Buy the palomino mount for real $$ when it hits the ESO store
  • Shinozuka
    Shinozuka
    ✭✭✭
    This is the only alternative I've seen thusfar

http://www.tesoelite.com/forums/threads/the-marketplace-how-to.2108/
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    A bit off topic but not much. One word about "slow" horses...Cyrodiil.

It's big and that "small" speed increase gets more attractive the farther you have to travel. I had a horse in beta, but didn't buy the Imperial edition because I am not made of money. I miss that horse every time I have to respawn in PvP. Also the more you feed that horse the right kind of food the faster it'll get.

Someday when all of my toons are level 50 I'll invest the (nearly) 350,000 gold it'll take to upgrade them all. Or I might just upgrade my main PvP toon and let then rest wait.
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have the imp horse but I never use it, they just feel so clunky.
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is ironic because ANY way you find to make any reasonable amount of coin will be 'fixed' because of gold farms beating you to it every single time.

They literally have way more resources to throw at it than you ever will, devs will then turns around and nerf said method thinking that they are making a dent in gold selling when in reality all they are doing is chocking off any means legit players have to make coin thereby forcing them to use ... gold selling services.

If coin loot was not so chocked off because of gold farming then no one would EVER have a need to buy gold. It is a total paradox in ESO.

That being said one way to make EASY money in game is to lvl provisoner (super easy) and get the chef trait that makes multiples per combine. Run all over explored areas loots every barrel bag etc and combine them, sell results to vendor. I FULLY expect this to be nerfed next patch and for the crafted items to then sell for 0, meaning that a perfectly legit and time consuming (I said it was easy not fast) way a casual had to make coin for stuff like horse and bag upgrades will be eliminated.
    Edited by Daverios on 2 April 2014 16:57
  • ChuiDuma
    ChuiDuma
    ✭✭✭
    To those of you who are saying the horse isn't an upgrade, go to the stable and feed your horse. You can feed it every 20 hours, for speed, stamina, or carrying capacity.

For those without Imperial edition, it can take you anywhere from level 15 - level 25 to get it depending on how you earn your money.

Feed your horses, everyone!
    * Mara's Tester * >:) * The Psijic Order *
    * Werewolf *
  • TheRedMage
    TheRedMage
    ✭✭✭
    Guild stores are the way to go (I gather everything I see, no exceptions) and i'm easily sitting on 400 iron ingots + jute. Hardest thing about it is that no ones really decided how much stuff should go for yet, so if you cancel due to being undercut you lose at least 200~G.
    Please try not to think I'm hostile, I'm not trying to be. I just have a hard time wording things with tact >_<.
  • JunkyardWolf
    JunkyardWolf
    ✭✭
    How about a cheap Donkey cart? my feet hurt!