The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Show your character!

• Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    The further out you are zoomed the closer to center the camera gets. When you are zoomed in that close it's positioned off to one side so as not to have your character block your view. The rest is cropping.

Also, the inventory screen and whatnot make for good desktop backgrounds. It blurs the edges. I use the guild window to make my background, as it puts my character to one side.
  • jdschepperb16_ESO
    jdschepperb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    How are some of you getting these wonderful shots? All mine end up off center. I are teh sad Merceh. :(

Use an image editor (even MSPaint can do this) to crop the screenshot to the part you want. Save. Upload. Done. B)

• Obreck2b14_ESO
    My deranged Argonian Dark Cleric (Nightblade 2h & heal staff):
    eso_140430_0217070a_zpsd69433b5.png

Redid my agile Templar into a Breton:
    eso_140429_1550462_zps76af049e.png

Shameless sexy waterfall shot:
    eso_140430_0419007a_zps2b259d2b.png
    2h weapons impossibly large to wield? Sure! Tight, creaky leather that inexplicably improves your stealthiness? Absolutely! Absurd, liability prone plate designs? So long as they're concealing and no molded chest then A-ok! Skimpy armor? THAT'S UNREALISTIC! <_<
  • Decimatia
    Decimatia
    ✭✭
    bSnKKpr.jpg

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick. It's a VERY delicate state of mind...
  • teh_pwnisher
    teh_pwnisher
    Soul Shriven
    You don't see many older warriors in eso.

0oq9me9ma7er.bmp
  • Ebonwind
    Ebonwind
    ✭✭✭✭
    Krimie Nightwood
    Vampire Stage 1
    EuuMmMJ.jpg
    Stage 2
    cjfJo6P.jpg
    Stage 3
    lE3OkF3.jpg
    Stage 4
    53hqDaM.jpg
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple of more.

First dancing drunk by the ocean
    screen25.jpg

And one showing just how tiny I really am.

screen26.jpg

and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • macdomagb16_ESO
    macdomagb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Faenghan the Bowmage adventures forth!
    QKumA8V.jpg?1
    Check out my screenshots at Feanghan's Adventures!
  • thorn26b16_ESO
    Placide, my Dunmer sorcerer B)

w2gplubr7sc4.bmp

Edited by thorn26b16_ESO on 1 May 2014 22:05
    "Avoir du skill, c'est bien, mais si t'as pas la classe, ça sert à rien." Un grand homme
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    G1Ys7WB.jpg
    MWtFAyb.jpg

Edited by TheBull on 1 May 2014 22:33
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    Tekyn, Nightblade Tank

hnlQ0Rx.jpgThis was my background for a while. Until this happened anyway....

lQtJDbC.jpgI didn't know what to expect during this quest, but I managed to snap off this beauty and forever capture the moment Tekyn become a creature of the night. My new desktop background. I quite like the border effect for this picture.

MaebADx.jpgAnd here's Tekyn as a vampire cooking delicious sweetrolls for a guildie. I mainly just took this one because it showed the vampire facial changes with the eyes. I had zero shading around the eyes before. Quite the dramatic change on a white Khajiit.
    Edited by Xithian on 2 May 2014 20:28
  • Spartacusxp
    Spartacusxp
    ✭✭
    My main Spartacusxp:
    crerc1j6432f.png
    2c6tvo1mhpb0.bmp

"there is but one path, we kill them all!"
  • Courtneyerin120nub19_ESO
    Get in line guys, she's taken! <3 Seriously though, I love seeing everyone's characters !
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    Great screens ! It is great seeing how different our characters all are.
  • Ebonwind
    Ebonwind
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Wood Elf - Krimie Nightwood
    vAQzMnk.jpg
  • Winke
    Winke
    ✭✭✭
    a couple new shots :)

d1JSmih.jpg

Qc1Q6UE.jpg

i am really loving the animations in this game, they keep surprising me with how gorgeous they look
    :: Winke::Breton Templar::Merchant::
    ::Koke::Argonian Dragon Knight:: Bard::
    The Obsidian Brotherhood
    "Eldest, that's what I am...he remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside.."
  • BKTHNDR
    BKTHNDR
    ✭✭✭
    My friend and I (I'm in the background) questing in Bangkorai.

o4ls5n30drdv.bmp
    Edited by BKTHNDR on 4 May 2014 04:10
  • Alessaoderso
    Alessaoderso
    ✭✭
    Screenshot20140503225711.small.jpg
  • mou_mounekingeb17_ESO
    mou_mounekingeb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
  • Chevie
    Chevie
    ✭✭✭
    nc1zc8t7ch1j.png
    a warrior must eat.
  • Chevie
    Chevie
    ✭✭✭
  • apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    ed102mkqcjq5.png

https://youtube.com/watch?v=LlHP_bN8SLo

Sdagrl The Lizard, argonian shadowscale, custom class name: terrifying shadow.
  • Savinder
    Savinder
    ✭✭✭
    dbmyyallt8dw.jpg

relqefg7ro9h.jpg

dww26v7bvmpo.jpg
    01.jpg 387.9K
    03.jpg 288.5K
    Var var var
  • Armoril
    Armoril
    ✭✭✭
    Took this a couple weeks ago, before he got vampirism. I miss the skin tone.

n1rmdjcwb8c7.jpg
  • Alessaoderso
    Alessaoderso
    ✭✭
    Savinder wrote: »
    dbmyyallt8dw.jpg

Is this Kaiser Wilhelm?
  • Ebonwind
    Ebonwind
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know a method to take extreme close up shots of faces?
    Edited by Ebonwind on 6 May 2014 12:21
  • Savinder
    Savinder
    ✭✭✭
    Savinder wrote: »
    dbmyyallt8dw.jpg

Is this Kaiser Wilhelm?
    Any resemblance with the Kaiser and his AWESOME and MANLY moustache is purely coincidental. :p
    Var var var
  • Ebonwind
    Ebonwind
    ✭✭✭✭
  • slbrgt
    slbrgt
    ✭✭
    My bosmer ranger
    wcdqi25lafba.jpg
    Edited by slbrgt on 7 May 2014 14:23
  • Night_Watch
    Night_Watch
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all,

These shots a re great! The thread was a good idea.

I have only a few characters just now as I have just been getting a feel for the game. I have not settled for a 'main' but have some pictures of two characters I like so far.

This is Knows No Fear;

'Bust' Sans helm.

i3blspv03yqi.jpg

Full with helm.

aon0xi2mb4vv.jpg

This is Ghree'bo 'in action'.

w684ysk42mcz.jpg

Give yourself a gold star if you can work out my favorite author from this!

I have not yet read the full thread but I saw, briefly, discussion of how to get best captures.

In general, I think it is best (in TESO) to go into 'inventory', switch of UI (see your bound keys) then press 'Print Screen' for the capture. I try to do this in a well lit area with a nice background. Then I use an old version of Paint Shop Pro I have to cut the picture out, paste it as a new image then work on that image - usually just an auto phot enhance if needed. There are many free image manipulation programs online for those interested.

The one problem I have in TESO is 'Free Camera'! I have 'F11' bound as my 'free camera' button (or can use MMB on mouse) but I have either misunderstood 'free camera' or it is not working well for me. I thought that 'free camera' would allow me to, more easily, manoeuvre the camera for better character shots (positioning of camera) but it does not seem to allow this.

Any ways! Great shots all - keep 'em flowing.
    Edited by Night_Watch on 7 May 2014 15:57
    "If there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere."

Charles Fort - Lo! (1931)