The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Healer CP Skills

MarcusUK
MarcusUK
✭✭
Which is likely to result in higher healing values - the 205 Weapon/Spell "Damage" added to healing abilities with Rejunenator or the 10% bonus from any of Soothing Tide/Swift Renewal/Focused Mending skills - I'm not sure what 205 equates to in terms of an equivalent percentage to determine its usefulness, even though it affects all healing abilities whereas the other three are dependant on the target type.
I'm 40+ and have been gaming since the 1980s and have owned machines like the ZX Spectrum, Atari ST, NES & PS1 - which involved loading 8/16-bit games off unreliable cassette tapes, floppy disks, CDs and giant cartridges with no "save game" ability - I don't like meta, I don't like memes, I don't like being rushed, I don't like the modern gaming industry - and you definitely won't change my mind just because it doesn't align with yours - it's a generational hazard!
  • Sockermannen
    Sockermannen
    ✭✭✭
    it would depend on how strong your heals are to begin with, 205 damage will only add a couple of hundred to your healing values most likely. The 10% bonus one might be better for pure healing.

I’d go with the damage one since even if the heals are weaker it would not only effect all heals (unlike the healing CPs you mentioned that are skill specific) but it would also benefit your offensive abilities aswell. Unless you are doing PvP or extreme end game content you don’t really need to build for stronger heals.
    Edited by Sockermannen on 17 May 2023 12:57
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your "effective spell power" is Spell Power + 10.5 * (Max Magicka). 200 is a pretty small increase to that, likely in the 3% range (very roughly).

By way of contrast, a nominal 10% bonus to healing might provide a real one in the 8% range (again very roughly).

But why does a 5% difference in healing output matter?
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Somewhere there is a chart about it, but I think someone did a spreadsheet that the optimal healer setup was the aoe healing CP, the hot CP, fighting finesse (for crit) and then the 4th is either from the brink or the regen one.
    2 medium pieces, ritual or thief were close but I think most classes ritual does better
    High elf slightly better spell damage, BUT Breton allows for better sustain which can let you speck your jewelry into spell damage.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed. One doesn't need it for like 95% of the game. These 5% are higher end group content. And even there are numerous other considerations, that will drive one away from the "healing" CPs.

I generally ignore them...
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are several trials that have healing intensive mechanics, and they can be a real challenge for a group just learning them, even just on regular vet, no hardmode. There's nothing wrong with asking how to get the biggest bang for your buck via healing CP or build.
  • MarcusUK
    MarcusUK
    ✭✭
    It's not a

It's not a singular 5% gain I want - that would be a narrow vision - it's wanting to know what the 205 Healing increase is worth compared to the skills that each give a 10% boost so that I know which are the best combinations to stack and boost heals with. It seems like stacking the 10% gain for HoT and Area heals would be best as that's a 20% improvement and also helps raise my Crit Heals too through use of Fighting Finesse. All for better healing in Trials, Vet DLC dungeons, etc. than what the 205 boost seems to offer - it seems like a very weak CP skill if it only gives a roughly 3% gain.

Background info not directed to anyone:

FYI I have a Redguard Templar Healer and an Orc Warden Healer, and no, I don't do tryhard "meta" builds, I just try to optimise here and there every so often - so please don't whine about my choices like I should care a jot about your personal opinion of my builds - because copy/pasting what "influencers" say is of absolutely no interest to me - I buy games for my own entertainment, not to bow down to other people's directions or be dictated to - otherwise it's not original and not fun for me. Gaming should be about enjoying your individuality, not treating MMOs like a mathematical equation with no personality other than maximising stats and making everyone else do the same.
    I'm 40+ and have been gaming since the 1980s and have owned machines like the ZX Spectrum, Atari ST, NES & PS1 - which involved loading 8/16-bit games off unreliable cassette tapes, floppy disks, CDs and giant cartridges with no "save game" ability - I don't like meta, I don't like memes, I don't like being rushed, I don't like the modern gaming industry - and you definitely won't change my mind just because it doesn't align with yours - it's a generational hazard!
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MarcusUK wrote: »
    It's not a

It's not a singular 5% gain I want - that would be a narrow vision - it's wanting to know what the 205 Healing increase is worth compared to the skills that each give a 10% boost so that I know which are the best combinations to stack and boost heals with. It seems like stacking the 10% gain for HoT and Area heals would be best as that's a 20% improvement and also helps raise my Crit Heals too through use of Fighting Finesse. All for better healing in Trials, Vet DLC dungeons, etc. than what the 205 boost seems to offer - it seems like a very weak CP skill if it only gives a roughly 3% gain.

Background info not directed to anyone:

FYI I have a Redguard Templar Healer and an Orc Warden Healer, and no, I don't do tryhard "meta" builds, I just try to optimise here and there every so often - so please don't whine about my choices like I should care a jot about your personal opinion of my builds - because copy/pasting what "influencers" say is of absolutely no interest to me - I buy games for my own entertainment, not to bow down to other people's directions or be dictated to - otherwise it's not original and not fun for me. Gaming should be about enjoying your individuality, not treating MMOs like a mathematical equation with no personality other than maximising stats and making everyone else do the same.
    MarcusUK wrote: »
    Which is likely to result in higher healing values - the 205 Weapon/Spell "Damage" added to healing abilities with Rejunenator or the 10% bonus from any of Soothing Tide/Swift Renewal/Focused Mending skills - I'm not sure what 205 equates to in terms of an equivalent percentage to determine its usefulness, even though it affects all healing abilities whereas the other three are dependant on the target type.

I should have mentioned that it's standard to get 20-30% boosts to spell power from buffs.
  • MarcusUK
    MarcusUK
    ✭✭
    I should have mentioned that it's standard to get 20-30% boosts to spell power from buffs.

Yeah, I know. I'm ~CP1850 and have several years of playing ESO, so I know the game well enough to get by and do various end-game events competently. The problem here is that some skills have a set numerical gain (like 205) and some a percentage gain (like 10%). It's easy enough to determine how a percentage will affect your stats, but knowing what a number is worth is terms of gain is less intuitive unless you know the maths behind the stats and how they add up, which just doesn't interest me. Hence why I've been asking here what 205 is worth vs 10%. Since you say it's only ~3% gain I'm happy to not slot it.