The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 38 - Bug Reports for Necrom (Zone, Quests, etc)

• Mofasa
    Mofasa
    ✭✭✭
    Should we keep reporting NPCs that we can not hit/kill or do you already know all this? @ZOS_GinaBruno

I have found more NPCs now that I not only cant hit but they also cant hit me....
  • Gamer1986PAN
    Gamer1986PAN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible that the current PTS version does not have the lootable nodes for Alchememist Survey: Apocrypha? Did find all Surveys and only missing this one.
    Btw if anybody finds "Hand of Almalexia Clue" and the "Mercymother Elite Crew" let me know.
    Edited by Gamer1986PAN on 22 April 2023 23:05
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the end of the quest 'An Unhealthy Fate' you go to the vault (Glyphic of Lost Memories) and, after a short scene, are directed to leave the Mythos through a portal. However, using the portal caused it to disappear without teleporting me out, blocking any further progress in the quest. Neither reloadui or leaving the area and re-entering it fixed the issue. ehzbwzebupz5.png
    PC EU
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So after one of the main questline quests where you're walking out of Leramil's house, Meln said essentially the main plot twist/spoiler, about 2-3 quests BEFORE that information is actually found out within the main quest. I think it was maybe the 4th quest from the end of the questline?
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, none of the achievements for the public dungeon in Apocrypha are being logged in the achievements journal; I killed all bosses plus the group event and all those achievements are still greyed out.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    So after one of the main questline quests where you're walking out of Leramil's house, Meln said essentially the main plot twist/spoiler, about 2-3 quests BEFORE that information is actually found out within the main quest. I think it was maybe the 4th quest from the end of the questline?

Had a similar thing happen, but with Azandar. Upon starting the quest 'An Unhealthy Fate' he commented on something that we only find out about at the end of the next quest.

Screenshot:
    glbjfcb8xwe2.png

Also just noticed there's a typo in the subtitle. Missing 'to' after 'thanks'.
    Edited by amig186 on 23 April 2023 18:25
    PC EU
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During Sharp-as-Night's quest, Federo refers to the forger in Windhelm as "Adept's Retreat in Whiterun" it's not a "bug" but it is a mistake. It's not only written as Whiterun but the voice line says Whiterun too so it would need to be re-voiced.
    EgTdI5.png
    Maybe a Freudian slip for the 2024 chapter by the writers. :D
    Edited by Fata1moose on 24 April 2023 16:29
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amig186 wrote: »
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »

Had a similar thing happen, but with Azandar. Upon starting the quest 'An Unhealthy Fate' he commented on something that we only find out about at the end of the next quest.

Screenshot:
    glbjfcb8xwe2.png

Also just noticed there's a typo in the subtitle. Missing 'to' after 'thanks'.

Oh, now that I see the screenshot, yeah it was Azandar, because that's the quote. I think Meln was saying something at the time so his subtitle was the one visible, so I guess I got wires crossed by SEEING "Meln: " in the subtitle but HEARING what Azandar was saying/spoiling.
  • lisaallman
    Delve: Anchre Egg Mine is missing it's interior map. Parchment appears but the map is non-existent.

It was a little confusing to have the two 'areas' share zone guide information like number of wayshrines, etc, but have them separate (as if they are separate zones) in the zone list. My preference would be for each to have it's own.

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaermina/Shelreni's gaze visual gets stuck on, which means you can't tell if it's active or not. This makes combat difficult, to say the least.
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird despawning of Naryu and Ashur in the Inn.
    https://streamable.com/g46a1y

Some awkward stairs you can't move up without jumping.
    https://streamable.com/18qddy

During the conclave of fate I killed the aspect of Vaermina too quickly which caused the scene to stall and no option to rescue the NPC. I walked out and in to reset and killed the aspect again. The scene once again stalled when it asked me to watch the Telvanni Master.
    Edited by Fata1moose on 24 April 2023 16:39
  • Sinthe
    Sinthe
    ✭✭
    Im on the quest where i have to defeat vaerminas champion and when i get to it it does nothing. I cannot engage with it at all it just sits there leaving the quest unplayable.. any ideas?
  • LadyLavender3
    LadyLavender3
    ✭✭
    My game crashes >66% of the time when trying to port, wayshrine, or change instance in Apocrypha. Getting into the Catalog took 3 tries over 2 different game sessions, getting OUT of the Catalog took another 3 tries, and I have not yet been able to get out of Apocrypha to continue the quests (tried the portal from Lerandil twice and then ran to the nearest wayshrine to shrine out, all 3 crashed my game to the login screen). Something about Apocrpyha in particular seems unstable.
  • Gamer1986PAN
    Gamer1986PAN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem to Telvanni Peninsula. Only worked if you teleported for gold. Also guild memberships and friends are not loaded correctly.
    Edited by Gamer1986PAN on 1 May 2023 14:54
  • WyldFox
    WyldFox
    Soul Shriven
    My game crashes >66% of the time when trying to port, wayshrine, or change instance in Apocrypha. Getting into the Catalog took 3 tries over 2 different game sessions, getting OUT of the Catalog took another 3 tries, and I have not yet been able to get out of Apocrypha to continue the quests (tried the portal from Lerandil twice and then ran to the nearest wayshrine to shrine out, all 3 crashed my game to the login screen). Something about Apocrpyha in particular seems unstable.

This has been happening to me, as well. And it primarily happens in Apocrypha. Only once has it happened to me in Telvani Peninsula.
  • Belhawk1
    Belhawk1
    ✭✭
    after today's patch, I can enter the city of Necrom thru the front gate, but you can't leave. The land is there, but it is barren, no life or plants, and you can't go far. I can fast travel to a way shrine.
  • Belhawk1
    Belhawk1
    ✭✭
    The front gate is missing. You can leave normally thru the thieves den.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elk still roam the "peninsula" when they shouldn't exist in Morrowind at all. They should be replaced with fitting creatures like nix-hounds, nix-ox kagouti, alits or guar.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Belhawk1
      Belhawk1
      ✭✭
      Llaro's Headache bug, I couldn't talk to Edril Athren, she's missing. optional steps
    • skyrimfantasy
      skyrimfantasy
      ✭✭✭
      Belhawk1 wrote: »
      after today's patch, I can enter the city of Necrom thru the front gate, but you can't leave. The land is there, but it is barren, no life or plants, and you can't go far. I can fast travel to a way shrine.

I am getting this problem too. Thought maybe it was a fluke so I created a new max character and the issue persists. Coming into Necrom you see the door and loading screen, trying to leave Necrom there is no door, just an open doorway which to the barren land with an invisible wall shortly past the doorway.
    • GeneralEU
      GeneralEU
      ✭✭✭
      I found 2 books:
      In The Feral Gallery:
      "An Abundance of Slimes"
      The book is interactive, but it does not open and it is not in Eidetic Memory.
      h35ohfrmmecw.jpg

In The Disquiet Study, I found a book on a bookshelf, but it's not interactive. It looks like a book to get in a different way because after completing all the quests and getting 90% of the books added by Necrom, it no longer glows.
      bk6q2rt8bh6f.jpg

Additionally, during the "Keeper of the Fate" quest, I found 2 NPCs with no pants on the table.
      17z4krscoom7.jpg
      gon7gczedw43.jpg
    • LassyOfBurgundia
      GeneralEU wrote: »
      Additionally, during the "Keeper of the Fate" quest, I found 2 NPCs with no pants on the table.
      17z4krscoom7.jpg
      gon7gczedw43.jpg
      Well, it is rated M for a reason :)

Here's my two drakes: there are some minor issues in dialogue, ranging from typos to improvable sentences. Nothing game-breaking, but it bugs me.
      Here's an example during Azandar's first quest:
      [/list]p2f6deo649dz.png
      • Typo: "Hmm … am I?"
      • Phrasing "Why did Martina study the Underweave and you didn't?" should be replaced with "Why didn't you study the Underweave like Martina?" in my opinion.
      • Sometimes Azandar refers to Martina as "they", sometimes "her". I really don't want to spark a pronoun discussion but I feel like we should stick to one pronoun set for the same person, I don't care whether it's she/her or they/them as long as it's the same everywhere said person is mentioned.
      • Armagne | Breton | Magica Arcanist
      • Dar'Krin of Riverhold | Khajiit | Hybrid Nightblade
      • Do'Khar-Jo | Khajiit | Stamina Sorcerer
      • Do'Mora | Khajiit | Stamina Arcanist
      Material guardians: M'Risha the Alcookmist | Nagamoriel | La Pie Enchanteresse | Watches-the-Traits | Lymdrenn Stylewarden | Björn Mat-Holder
    • GeneralEU
      GeneralEU
      ✭✭✭
      GeneralEU wrote: »
      17z4krscoom7.jpg
      gon7gczedw43.jpg
      Well, it is rated M for a reason :)

Here's my two drakes: there are some minor issues in dialogue, ranging from typos to improvable sentences. Nothing game-breaking, but it bugs me.
      Here's an example during Azandar's first quest:
      [/list]p2f6deo649dz.png
      • Typo: "Hmm … am I?"
      • Phrasing "Why did Martina study the Underweave and you didn't?" should be replaced with "Why didn't you study the Underweave like Martina?" in my opinion.
      • Sometimes Azandar refers to Martina as "they", sometimes "her". I really don't want to spark a pronoun discussion but I feel like we should stick to one pronoun set for the same person, I don't care whether it's she/her or they/them as long as it's the same everywhere said person is mentioned.

Are you suggesting this is some kind of Dark Elf fun? If you know what I mean.
    • Maitsukas
      Maitsukas
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      During the fights where I had to use Meln's synergy, stepping into the AoE would cause it to immediately disappear with no chance of pressing the synergy button, causing the fights against the Hungers and storyline bosses to be significantly longer because of the extremely low DPS I dealt during the ghost phases.

This bug didn't appear to exist in previous versions.
      PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
    • SoulPL
      SoulPL
      ✭✭
      after v9.0.4 Tyss gets lost at least twice during the Forgotten Glories Quest when we have to talk to her. You have to log out and log in to make it visible.
      game-maps.com
    • WithMyLaserGun
      WithMyLaserGun
      ✭✭✭
      Maitsukas wrote: »
      During the fights where I had to use Meln's synergy, stepping into the AoE would cause it to immediately disappear with no chance of pressing the synergy button, causing the fights against the Hungers and storyline bosses to be significantly longer because of the extremely low DPS I dealt during the ghost phases.

This bug didn't appear to exist in previous versions.

I also still have this issue.
    • chessalavakia_ESO
      chessalavakia_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'm unsure if this a bug or not but, I do not own the Necrom Chapter and my characters still have access to the Chapter areas.

I'm a NA player so since it's an EU week I am using characters created from templates.
    • hao98
      hao98
      Soul Shriven
      I'm not able to advance in the "Lost in Thought" side quest. I can't enter the Rectory's Chorus. It says "The target is out of range".
    • CaemlynW
      CaemlynW
      ✭✭
      The Study of the Lost Cipher striking location on the Apocrypha map also keeps you from getting Pathfinder achievement,
      I've been waiting for a long time for this to be fixed. Hope it is soon!
    • Hopey
      Hopey
      ✭✭
      CaemlynW wrote: »
      The Study of the Lost Cipher striking location on the Apocrypha map also keeps you from getting Pathfinder achievement,
      I've been waiting for a long time for this to be fixed. Hope it is soon!

That one isn't bugged. You have to go up, it's above you, not down near the water