The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 38 - Bug Reports for Necrom (Zone, Quests, etc)

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues you run into while testing Necrom quests and content in this thread. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on 17 April 2023 18:28
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • APGaming
    APGaming
    ✭✭✭
    I was told to wait until it came to PTS to bring up this issue again. There is a naming problem with the zone currently known as "Telvanni Peninsula" on PTS. A peninsula is surrounded by water on three sides, and this zone is surrounded by water on two. Even though it may only be part of the Telvanni Peninsula, you should not be able to sell it as the full thing. According to the recent Loremaster's Archive, it was confirmed that the Telvanni Peninsula goes all the way to the tip near Firewatch, where the zone does not cover... not even close. The zone should be renamed to either "Telvanni Coast" or "Lower Telvanni Peninsula" on the in game map, loading screens, and all the list screens it may appear in. The community has already had several threads on this and we're going to beat it like a dead guar if we continue to get ignored. Please look into fixing this @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_Michael

Original discussion:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/626220/eso-necroms-zone-has-the-wrong-title/p1
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on the main quest Fate's Proxy, and have done all the exploration and am supposed to meet Leramil in Necrom to discuss my findings, but there is no quest marker. She is nowhere to be found in Necrom. Clicking "show on map" shows me the map of Apocrypha, also with no quest marker.

Edit: I had to enter the Necrom Bindery and go up the stairs before a quest marker appeared on the door. Perhaps the quest text could at least use a reminder of where to meet her, especially as I had to run around for a good ten minutes looking for the Bindery in the first place.
    Edited by ectoplasmicninja on 18 April 2023 02:03
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also cannot discover the Altar of the One Who Knows POI. Ran all around the place and the icon won't turn white.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I logged a feedback bug for this in game but the Fillet option should not be the default first option for Provisioning stations. Food, Drinks and Furnishings should remain the first three options with the Fillet option being the fourth and last option at the end of the row of options. The new Fillet option will be used significantly less than the other three options so there is no reason for it to be the default option on the station.
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    The Study of the Lost Cipher striking location on the Apocrypha map (where the marker on the map is, below) does not turn white on the map when you visit it, does not inform you that you have discovered it, and the icon disappears when far enough away as if you have not gone there.

Additionally, it does not register on the left side under Striking Locales that you have been there.

mnipd9q86dpr.png
    Edited by CyberDiva on 18 April 2023 17:46
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    The same problem is happening at the Altar of One Who Knows striking locale, located here at this marker on the western shore:

gpfjs2kwrx4u.png

Edited by CyberDiva on 18 April 2023 18:17
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    Anchre Egg Mine is missing its map when you walk into the delve, as well as when you tell the daily quest or the delve quest to show you the location on the map. You get a blank map other than the quest icons.

65i3wy1hj5xb.png
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    innga6h2xa0b.png
    Bird is floating across form Necrom stables
  • LINCARD1000
    LINCARD1000
    ✭✭✭
    Public dungeon bugs, two so far. Dark Seducer Darkblade stuck in a mushy - you can't attack them, but they can still aggro on you. And just past them there's a harvester in a widening of the tunnel that you can't interact/attack, however it can target/aggro on the player.
    arl8mno9af4d.png
    Didn't get a pic of the harvester, sorry.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please remove the Elk from the zone, they do not fit there as Morrowind is suppose to be weird and alien, mundane stuff like Elk do not belong and it does not make sense for them to be there from a lore perspective either.
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quest: Numinous Grimoire, Volume 1

Quest marker leads to an empty location instead of the Cipher's Midden

Where the marker leads:
    pc403no7mxfj.png
    Where the Midden actually is:
    8m010tj5yi47.png
    Edited by amig186 on 19 April 2023 08:12
    PC EU
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anchre Egg Mine is horribly dark. It might work if you've got great eyesight and wonder-monitor but even with the gamma jacked up I was wandering around having to spam almalexia's lantern before I gave up. It's not helped by all the bogus invisible walls in places where you should be able to climb up and drop down.

The rest of the content so far has been fine visually.

Too many toons not enough time
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on the main quest Fate's Proxy, and have done all the exploration and am supposed to meet Leramil in Necrom to discuss my findings, but there is no quest marker. She is nowhere to be found in Necrom. Clicking "show on map" shows me the map of Apocrypha, also with no quest marker.

Edit: I had to enter the Necrom Bindery and go up the stairs before a quest marker appeared on the door. Perhaps the quest text could at least use a reminder of where to meet her, especially as I had to run around for a good ten minutes looking for the Bindery in the first place.

Similar experience. I ignored her portal back to Necrom and went to the wayshrine to get it, then ported into Necrom and she wasn't there. Went all the way back, went tthrough the portal and then she wasn't there until I blundered onto the balcony. The authentic Morrowind experience of no quest arrows 8)
    Too many toons not enough time
  • ImmortalElf13
    ImmortalElf13
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the enemy npcs (painted eye) on the lead up to the Kemel-Ze entrance are untargetable. they can hit you but you can't hit them.
    Pulchra floralibus mitram iuro, tibi desinet.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Similar experience. I ignored her portal back to Necrom and went to the wayshrine to get it, then ported into Necrom and she wasn't there. Went all the way back, went tthrough the portal and then she wasn't there until I blundered onto the balcony. The authentic Morrowind experience of no quest arrows 8)

And of course I got distracted by other NPCs in between, so I forgot where I was supposed to meet her. I ended up asking if the quest was bugged in zone and someone told me to go check inside the Bindery...and by then I had also forgotten where that was too, and the journal entry just said to meet her in Necrom so that was no help to my Swiss cheese memory.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for all the reports, everyone! We've been going through to ensure they are being seen and triaged.
    CyberDiva wrote: »
    The Study of the Lost Cipher striking location on the Apocrypha map (where the marker on the map is, below) does not turn white on the map when you visit it, does not inform you that you have discovered it, and the icon disappears when far enough away as if you have not gone there.

Additionally, it does not register on the left side under Striking Locales that you have been there.

mnipd9q86dpr.png
    The first one you called out is actually working as expected - the POI only triggers when you enter the building. The other is one we've already fixed internally.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reported in-game as well, but I've found two more POIs that do not trigger Discovery - Bal Foyen Passage and Tel Rendrys.

Also there's at least five POIs missing from the Zone Guide's POI list (these are just five from Telvanni Peninsula, I haven't checked Apocrypha yet).
    • Alavelis
    • Bal Foyen Passage
    • Deshaan Gate
    • Tel Baro
    • Tel Rendys
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • IstealeverythingIsee
    IstealeverythingIsee
    Soul Shriven

Where is the Bindery? lol ZOS please add a quest marker to this part of the quest, or have the portal she makes for you put you out where you need to meet her.
    Edited by IstealeverythingIsee on 20 April 2023 02:40
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the tutorial, when you exit to Necrom it plays a cinematic for High Isle.

Harn Orenvi stands on the bench when you talk to him in the bar and his foot clips through

Where is the Bindery? lol ZOS please add a quest marker to this part of the quest, or have the portal she makes for you put you out where you need to meet her.

Below is a picture of where the Bindery is on the map. It's a bit past the Guild Traders.

x5z8ob5v0i38.png
  • IstealeverythingIsee
    IstealeverythingIsee
    Soul Shriven
    In the tutorial, when you exit to Necrom it plays a cinematic for High Isle.

Harn Orenvi stands on the bench when you talk to him in the bar and his foot clips through

Below is a picture of where the Bindery is on the map. It's a bit past the Guild Traders.

x5z8ob5v0i38.png

Thank you! ZOS put Bindery on the map please. And also there are several invulnerable mobs in the world which attack you and stop you from interacting with doors you need to go in and quest objects.
  • Serenez
    Serenez
    ✭✭✭
    ixtxcs685oh2.png
    4f8wcbslc70e.png

Cannot interact with this treasure chest
  • Mofasa
    Mofasa
    ✭✭✭
    Was doing the main quest (Soul shriven...) was told to take the boat from Necrom to Eldenroot and ended up beneath the wagon when arrived...
    Jumping up got me unstuck.

Quest is not progressing further.
    Doing Companion quest: The Double Edge
    Have reached an camp and found a lantern, touched it..
    Sharp-as-Night says: Lets keep following the trail.... What trail?
    See a green circle on map right where I am but can't find anything there...
    Also, Sharp-as-Night is just standing still at camp even tho he has a "follower symbol" on him..
    Coords: 50.90x42.20

Edited by Mofasa on 20 April 2023 18:03
  • hazard351
    hazard351
    ✭✭
    9idyea9h4b6x.png

Whilst doing the quest at Sailenmora I found that the map for the Old ruins is wrong. It doesn't fit with the actual layout and several times I found myself outside the boundaries as shown here.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hjqs8ad463o9.png
    z6r541byav4q.png

I can't interact with the treasure chest on the left in the first shot and I can't attack the wandering dres on the left in the second shot.

Exiting the Necrom Outlaw's Refugee to the Necrom Underways can lead to you getting a little bit blocked by the urn that's right outside. (I do like the multiple entrance/exit style on the Refugee)

I'm unsure if it's a bug or not but, as a vampire stage 4 I can't interact with the bankers at Fortune's Font
    Edited by chessalavakia_ESO on 21 April 2023 02:35
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When completing the quest Secrets Reclaimed, I was rewarded with a Restoration Staff from the new Vivec's Duality set. This is a perfectly fine reward for the quest except the staff was in the Nord style. Gear drops in the new sets should always be in the style from that zone. I'll adventure in Eastmarch and The Rift if I want a Nord staff for a reward. In the Necrom chapter, I should be receiving gear drops that use the new styles for the new chapter so that I have a chance of receiving a new style item when I deconstruct the gear.
  • Mofasa
    Mofasa
    ✭✭✭
    I found two new(?) things.

1. There was at least two mobs outside Kemel-Ze that I could not attack, they where two red NPC bad guys.
    jksnsdyvcvve.png
    p399oy0koaal.png

2. Some of the stairs in Tul Huulen was "impossible" to walk up on.
    Got "stuck" at the middle, had to jump up to get pass.

1bsbniasakts.jpg

• ImmortalElf13
    ImmortalElf13
    ✭✭✭
    Multiple watchers in the Underweave appear with models but not skins
  • ImmortalElf13
    ImmortalElf13
    ✭✭✭
    during the quest Forgotten Glories in the Cenotaph Fundament: Tyss doesn't move from the doorway. Each time you have to talk to her you have to run all the way back to the entrance
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stick mounts pop up in the Random Mount lottery, lmao.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the fight with Vaermina, I was told to use the Black Book. I have no way of using the Black Book. There's no tip on screen telling me which key to press. In my inventory, the Black Book doesn't let me interact with it. I'm at a loss here. I'm going to log out and try the fight again.

NEVER MIND. I found what I was doing wrong. My attention was focused inside the arena, not outside.
    Edited by BoloBoffin on 22 April 2023 16:34
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.