The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PSA: Complex passwords for forum accounts lead to "invalid ID/info provided" error

DeltaForce64x
DeltaForce64x
✭✭✭
I'm getting this error while loggin in to forums here with my forum info (not eso account) time to time it leads to "invalid id/password provided" error. I got this VERY specific problem since day one back 2014 when game first released, also on old school Uplay Ubisoft launcher as well. If you use very complex items like digits, symbols and other text as your forum password then a time later it will blast you with this red error. You will need to reset password which what I did so I can login.

Problem here is I believe some non-english or similiar text or symbols are not recognised with the login system. I mean, they are not "non english" at all but only strong symbols and text so long and complicated password so it cannot be hacked, KEYBOARD SYMBOLS I MEAN CMON. so please ZOS can you solve this? I feel much safer with long and complex passwords and your current login server can't handle my passwords lol, I been getting this for years now on same computer and same network. My other accounts are okay and Ubisoft fixed theirs when they switched to Ubisoft Connect.

Just letting you awesome folks at ZOS know about this, equality for both passwords please!
Edited by ZOS_Kraken on 17 March 2023 14:10
  • ZOS_Kraken
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post