The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

DLC and non-DLC dungeons need separate queues.

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    It has absolutely nothing to do with the rewards. Those could be adjusted according to the content.

I want separate queues so everyone can play how they want, not just those who prefer DLC dungeons.

The only difference between specific and random queue is the rewards.

Some players do want the rewards, but it's not a factor for me. But they could adjust the rewards to the content.

If the rewards are not the purpose they can select which dungeons they want to be considered as we have pointed out multiple times. It is a choice as none of this is forced.
    Soarora wrote: »
    Here’s a solution: low level randoms. People do them all the time. It not only discounts DLC but also discounts COA. Besides, the casuals I know actually have a ton of transmute somehow, they don’t need to do random norms and just do dungeons for fun.

Having to search for a low level to join the group isn't a solution. That could be very time consuming to do day after day.

Not all players have a ton of transmutes, but even if they do it is the player's decision to make. Players choose to run the random daily for a variety of reasons and they don't need to justify how they choose to play.

a player can pre-form their group (which is extremely easy to do) and avoid the low-level player issue that seems to be discussed here.

All of this is a choice and if I choose to do a random dungeon I am choosing to do a random dungeon. If I choose to queue for a random group then I am choosing such randomness again.

Designed and working as intended. The design gives us a lot of choices with nothing forced upon us.

• washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not search for a low level, be the low level. Faster queues, too. And your argument for doing random over select dungeons was because of the rewards. Which are transmute, exp, and research jewelry to my understanding. Covered transmute, exp can be obtained in many ways, and the jewelry can be bought.

Edit: I think a “select all non dlc” and “select all dlc” button in the select dungeon menu would be great though. Helps keep the randomness feel and saves all that clicking time.

This is why no one queues. People more often than not queue for rewards. Take away rewards, noone will queue. These checkbox solutions are not solutions but a poorly thought over workaround that does nothing. The better the incentive, the more participants you have
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    washbern wrote: »
    Not search for a low level, be the low level. Faster queues, too. And your argument for doing random over select dungeons was because of the rewards. Which are transmute, exp, and research jewelry to my understanding. Covered transmute, exp can be obtained in many ways, and the jewelry can be bought.

Edit: I think a “select all non dlc” and “select all dlc” button in the select dungeon menu would be great though. Helps keep the randomness feel and saves all that clicking time.

This is why no one queues. People more often than not queue for rewards. Take away rewards, noone will queue. These checkbox solutions are not solutions but a poorly thought over workaround that does nothing. The better the incentive, the more participants you have

People who aren't queuing now because dlc is part of the pool, would not suddenly join the dlc queue.

In addition, people who dlc queue now only for the rewards would leave the dlc queue.

This would destroy the dlc queue and the express purpose of the activity finder.

I don't think the playerbase should be split up to the extreme detriment of one group of players just to give rewards to a different group of players that are currently choosing to pass on them. I think it's inherently unfair to split the playerbase to such a large extent when it is guaranteed to break the game for one group.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 8 March 2023 21:38
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    washbern wrote: »

Oh no, sorry. I did not mean to say that rewards should be removed. Just that a select all dlc and select all non dlc checkbox to the select dungeon menu would help in terms of the efficiency of direct dungeon selecting. Definitely do not remove random rewards.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Papasears1982
    Papasears1982
    ✭✭
    people just need to realize that there are people that are new to the game and should take the time to help them learn. Im a NB tank and im currently almost 600CP and im still learning the ropes and the strats for all the fights. Luckily Im in 2 Guilds that are pretty awesome when it comes to helping others learn the ropes. But for all out there stop the rage quitting take the time to help people learn and become better. =) just makes the community that much better
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here’s a solution: low level randoms. People do them all the time. It not only discounts DLC but also discounts COA. Besides, the casuals I know actually have a ton of transmute somehow, they don’t need to do random norms and just do dungeons for fun.

Having to search for a low level to join the group isn't a solution. That could be very time consuming to do day after day.

Not all players have a ton of transmutes, but even if they do it is the player's decision to make. Players choose to run the random daily for a variety of reasons and they don't need to justify how they choose to play.

I had suggested previously that a means to opt out (or separate queues) would work well when a superior reward is offered for including or doing the DLC dungeons based on access to the dungeons.

This is a win/win for everyone and is along the lines of the only way it will happen as Zenimax and players have a vested interest in ensuring people queue for random dungeons. There is a reason why the random rewards exist and this keeps that reason intact.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    My wait times on DPS can already be like 40 minutes, longer queue is worse. I have no intention of waiting any longer. I'd rather have a dungeon with inexperienced players I can help learn than nobody at all.

That may not be what the inexperienced players want, and what they want matters, too.

Then they can form their own group and get the experience that they want.

Exactly. Those wanting a specific experience should form their own group. It is not reasonable to expect a random group to meet specific wants for a group.

Random means random.