The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DLC and non-DLC dungeons need separate queues.

washbern
washbern
✭✭✭✭
With the increasing difficulty in all the new dungeons, even the non Veteran modes can be challenging. It is especially impossible when you get grouped with people who have no idea how to play their class. Dungeon is not a place where one would go "hey, friend! do you know what weaving is?" or "buddy, as a tank, you need heavy armor or... dare i say it? a taunt?"

It doesn't matter how nice you are, you still want to complete content. Random normal, unfortunately, now contains too many dungeons that are pretty hard for a totally new team to complete. I do not think that excluding people based on their CP is a good way to go about it and i think that the only solution is to just break up the Random Normal into Random Normal and Random normal DLC.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 5 March 2023 17:47
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would actually queue for dungeons if they did this.
    PCNA
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The random queue is there to help players wanting to do specific groups fill their group. If you want the random bonus you should have to include all dungeons.
    If they do split the queues the base dungeons should be worth only 25% of dlc runs.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about the random bonus.
    PCNA
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't need that. Do randoms on normal and preselect dungeons on vet if you want to avoid stress. All dungeons on normal can be cleared by a pug group as long as one person in the group is competent.

The XP bonus for randoms incentives peeps to try out dungeons that they might skip outright due to preconceived notions of it being too difficult. If you just want to do dungeons regardless of xp, as I said before you can just preselect the dungeons that you're comfortable doing.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another problem is that many players just insta quit the group if they see that they got.... um... Shipwright's Regret instead of Fungal Grotto. Or long dungs like Maarselok.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about the random bonus.

You can queue for just the non-dlc options if you'd like. It works the same as hitting random, except there's no bonus.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 5 March 2023 06:03
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The purpose of the dungeon finder is to fill groups that need help. The bonus is a prize for being willing to help out wherever you're needed as opposed to choosing a dungeon you'd prefer. It would defeat the purpose of the finder if dlc groups couldn't be filled because everyone queued up for non-dlc instead.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    The purpose of the dungeon finder is to fill groups that need help. The bonus is a prize for being willing to help out wherever you're needed as opposed to choosing a dungeon you'd prefer. It would defeat the purpose of the finder if dlc groups couldn't be filled because everyone queued up for non-dlc instead.

I thought the purpose was to run dungeons. Queuing solo doesn't mean I am queuing to help another group fill in. It's so I can run some dungeons myself.

If DLC dungeons would have a hard time filling up because of being separate queues, that should tell them something. Stop making the DLC dungeons longer and harder.
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the purpose was to run dungeons. Queuing solo doesn't mean I am queuing to help another group fill in. It's so I can run some dungeons myself

Sure, that's your personal goal is to just run some dungeons. But the activity finder's primary purpose is to fill groups for people who need teammates. How it works is first tries to put people who queued for a specific dungeon into that dungeon. Then if they need a player it pulls one from someone queued into random.

The Random bonus exists because it's paying the player to fill into groups. If a player wants a specific dungeon or group of dungeons, they can do that too and the activity finder will facilitate that.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 5 March 2023 06:25
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A different queue is not needed. It just requires a toggle to opt into DLC dungeons or opt-out.

Regardless, anything along these lines means that DLC dungeon randoms, or opting to include DLC dungeons in the random will provide greater rewards such as a gold reward for the same reason there is a reward for doing a random daily. There should be no question that it would happen this way if it ever does. Ofc, that reward would need to scale off of how much access the player has to DLCs.

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought the purpose was to run dungeons. Queuing solo doesn't mean I am queuing to help another group fill in. It's so I can run some dungeons myself.

If DLC dungeons would have a hard time filling up because of being separate queues, that should tell them something. Stop making the DLC dungeons longer and harder.

It tells them that many players just want the quick XP with little time involved. That is also why people create groups with a friend on a low level character then queue for the random. They know they have a good chance of getting Fungal. Shouldn't make it harder to get a group together because players chasing XP want the easiest content.

I do think there should be an opt in/out for joining a group in progress.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    I do think there should be an opt in/out for joining a group in progress.

That's the groups that need help the most. I think instead the pledges that don't complete unless you finish the entire dungeon should be changed, so that someone that is filling into such groups doesn't get penalized for someone else's decision.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 5 March 2023 07:53
  • INM
    INM
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're not given a reward for completing a random dungeon, you're rewarded for helping someone who needs a certain dungeon. It doesn't matter that players' perception on this is different, by splitting the queue you're removing the intended purpose of the random queue thus you shouldn't be rewarded for prolonging queues of people who queued for DLC dungeons.

By the same logic you can create a "random FG1" queue. If you don't want to be put into DLC dungeons then abuse the system in a group with someone who can't be put into DLC dungeons.
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭

Some changes are needed

Edited by Animar111 on 5 March 2023 08:49
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I was new and having trouble with DLC dungeons I only queued for randoms with lower level characters and with my max level characters I queued for specific dungeons, sacrificing the bonus. Afterwards I started queuing for DLC dungeons on the days they were undaunted dailies because the odds of those dungeons going smoothly seems to increase on those days. I learned a lot that way and now I random queue normal dungeons on all my characters without much fuss.

Right now I'm at the point of queuing for specific vet dungeons and hopefully soon I'll work up the courage to start running random veterans. Tackling these kinds of challenges in stages can help.
  • washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was doing normal Fang Lair last night. Everyone in my group was cp 100 or less. I am all down for helping people and all but when in the first three seconds of the fight the group is dead because they don't know their class or the mechanics, means that it's not a good dungeon for them. 1.5 hours it took us to clear it mainly because I put on a solo set and mostly soloed the thing. If they had a full group of inexperienced players, they would have never cleared it.

There needs to be a difficulty ramp up. 4 random queues. Random norm, random norm dlc, random vet and random vet dlc. That way people can try their hand at gradually increasing difficulty rather than plop into a group that cant complete the content.

People need to learn and we were all noobs once. But forcing difficult content on people is not the answer.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The reward for running a random dungoen is to get people queueing to help fill groups. That is the reason MMORPGs offer daily incentives for doing a random via their GF.

That is why if the queue was divided or players had the option to opt out of DLC dungeons Zenimax would offer a greater reward for those who did permit DLCs to be part of their random queue based on their access to the DLC dungeons. It would be something like a gold reward or the base game dungeon random would be demoted to only provide the blue quality reward.

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bottom line is that many players do not want to run DLC dungeons. Why should these players be forced to run them anyway just so they can "fill in" for a group that does want to run them?
    PCNA
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The bottom line is that many players do not want to run DLC dungeons. Why should these players be forced to run them anyway just so they can "fill in" for a group that does want to run them?

If they want the benefits of running a random dungeon rather than filtering the queue to a subset
    Soupy twist
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

If they want the benefits of running a random dungeon rather than filtering the queue to a subset

Why not? There are already subsets for normal and veteran so why not for non-DLC and DLC?
    PCNA
  • licenturion
    licenturion
    ✭✭✭
    Random dungeon, is random dungeon. If you don't want a random one, you can select one or more from the list.

Seems all use cases are covered here... Unless you only play a dungeon for quick daily XP and you don't really want to play a dungeon or find a group eh...

Also never saw the problem here. I have been using dungeon finder for years and 99 percent of the time DLC dungeons in normal mode are not a problem to rush through. And when there is an issue I just give new players hints about the mechanics or how to get past an encounter and it takes a bit longer. But I get more enjoyment out of helping a new player then filling 3mm of my CP XP bar.
  • washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭
    Random dungeon, is random dungeon. If you don't want a random one, you can select one or more from the list.

Seems all use cases are covered here... Unless you only play a dungeon for quick daily XP and you don't really want to play a dungeon or find a group eh...

Also never saw the problem here. I have been using dungeon finder for years and 99 percent of the time DLC dungeons in normal mode are not a problem to rush through. And when there is an issue I just give new players hints about the mechanics or how to get past an encounter and it takes a bit longer. But I get more enjoyment out of helping a new player then filling 3mm of my CP XP bar.

I do the randoms for transmute gems. I have been doing them for years but mostly as a dps. In most cases my DPS carries if needed. Saying you don't want to do DLC so don't do randoms does not apply here as it negates the associated rewards. Separating the queues helps experienced players to not get stuck with beginners that can't do the content and it helps beginner people to get into groups appropriate for their skill level. I do not understand why it's a bad thing?

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are DLC dungeons longer and more difficult in the first place? There is already a veteran mode for players who want more of a challenge so why force increased time and difficulty on those who don't?

They really need to reevaluate why they are doing things this way, but having separate queues would be a reasonable solution.

As far as rewards, adjust them to fit the type of dungeon being queued for like they do now for normal and veteran modes.
    PCNA
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    washbern wrote: »

I do the randoms for transmute gems. I have been doing them for years but mostly as a dps. In most cases my DPS carries if needed. Saying you don't want to do DLC so don't do randoms does not apply here as it negates the associated rewards. Separating the queues helps experienced players to not get stuck with beginners that can't do the content and it helps beginner people to get into groups appropriate for their skill level. I do not understand why it's a bad thing?

It also removes skilled players from those queues as well. It would benefit some, but not all. Unless the plan was to only change normals, in which, just ask for a "random normal FG1" queue. In vet the mix between experienced and inexperienced players is valuable.

Often I queue for random vets as a tank. A queue that can send me to BC1 or Stonegarden. Im prepared for either. Truth be told, I'd rather run Stonegarden. Given the choice, I would opt out base game vets, even with the rewards being the same.

The other side effect is that base game vets, if a separate queue, would have a lot more fake tanks than it does right now.

The issue that ZOS has is that some of the newer normal dungeons are harder than base game vets. Im not sure what the solution to the problem is. They made content with fairly wide deltas and shoehorned it all into two queues.

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The point is... you can always just select all the non-DLC dungeons to queue into.

The purpose of the "random queue" is to fill for ALL dungeons.

The exact thing that you want already exists in the game.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thread wanting 'easy rewards without the effort'

You have always been able to queue into the dungeons of your choice, at any time, and in any combination.

If you want the bonus of the random queue, you accept that you could get any dungeon.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Dungeons, Trials & Arenas section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

You have always been able to queue into the dungeons of your choice, at any time, and in any combination.

If you want the bonus of the random queue, you accept that you could get any dungeon.

First of all, it's not about "easy rewards". The rewards could be adjusted to the type of dungeon chosen, so those that choose DLC would earn better rewards.

As far as queuing for dungeons of choice, those who want only DLC dungeons can do the same. They can choose just the DLC dungeons rather than relying on players that may not want to run them to fill their groups.
    PCNA
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

First of all, it's not about "easy rewards". The rewards could be adjusted to the type of dungeon chosen, so those that choose DLC would earn better rewards.

As far as queuing for dungeons of choice, those who want only DLC dungeons can do the same. They can choose just the DLC dungeons rather than relying on players that may not want to run them to fill their groups.

If you don't want them, don't select them in the check box list. Easy peasy.

No need to remove gameplay options. But splitting the queues will lead to significantly longer wait times for both groups, and that is never a good decision... to make things take longer.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@SilverBride

No one is forcing them to run a DLC since no one is forcing anyone to queue for a random. That is the true bottom line.