The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The sad culture of Random Normals and how to mend it

• Woodenplank
    Woodenplank
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree; one/fewer Dungeons with greater reward would be better
    Deter1UK wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin

Part of the problem is giving transmute stones as an end reward for completing the dungeon so people rush ahead to finish...

Why Not ... Guaranteed Drop of two stones from each boss and a guaranteed drop of 4 stones At Random from trash mobs and chests.

At least the rushers have to slow down and clear the dungeon if they really want ALL the stones.

It would be a start at least towards solving a contentious issue.

Quite like the idea of Transmutes dropping from chests, as it encourages some level of exploration, and carefully looking around. And people will have to wait for lockpicking at the very least.
    That said... I'm sure a lot of people would quickly optimize that as well, as chests always have fixed spawning spots.

But it might be a good start!
    I think it is central to ESO's well-being to critique the developers when they change the game (or fail to change something).
    But the negativity can be exhausting, so I vow to post 50/50 negativity and appreciation.
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deter1UK wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin

Part of the problem is giving transmute stones as an end reward for completing the dungeon so people rush ahead to finish...

Why Not ... Guaranteed Drop of two stones from each boss and a guaranteed drop of 4 stones At Random from trash mobs and chests.

At least the rushers have to slow down and clear the dungeon if they really want ALL the stones.

It would be a start at least towards solving a contentious issue.

Quite like the idea of Transmutes dropping from chests, as it encourages some level of exploration, and carefully looking around. And people will have to wait for lockpicking at the very least.
    That said... I'm sure a lot of people would quickly optimize that as well, as chests always have fixed spawning spots.

But it might be a good start!
    People will try and optimise whatever you do. 🙂

Chests were an afterthought to be honest.

I like the idea of trash mobs dropping some as running through trash and leaving others to avoid/ clear them is a common complaint.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree; one/fewer Dungeons with greater reward would be better
    Never thought of making it one dungeon per account per day for a much larger reward, like the OP suggested. But I gotta say I really love that idea! And the added 5 per undaunted 10 is an even greater idea! Although I would make it 100 base, and +5 per undaunted 10. So it lines up better with those who usually do 18 characters.

Great idea, and I totally support something like this. It won't solve all the issues in normal, but it will solve some. Maybe this solution in combination with other solutions would get this rusher/faker problem solved completely.

But something has to be done, and it should be done ASAP.

I also like the idea of random transmute drops throughout the dungeon(trash mobs/chests/bosses), so players have a reason to clear it. Maybe 15 bonus transmutes if the entire dungeon is cleared empty of mobs(30 on veteran). So clearing becomes more important than the random reward itself.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Random dungeon runs are fundamentally ill-conceived.

It's almost inconceivable that a group form that would have fun both in Fungal Grotto 1 and Bloodroot Forge. Either the first is too easy to be challenging or the latter insuperably difficult.

That holds for normal and vet alike.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that something should be done, but don't agree with this post's suggestion

fewer dungeons in the random queue seems like a bad idea. people should still be able to do any dungeon when selecting random

though a separate random queue for dlc dungeons would be a nice quality of life improvement.

perhaps put up an invisible wall between players and the boss if the whole group isnt within a set amount of meters of the boss.

or make it possible to earn transmute crystals in public dungeons so rushers can just go there

when you select the tank role and queue for a random dungeon making the game check your character for taunt skills,
    maybe a minimum amount of health at 28-35k health?
    and sword/shield and/or an ice staff
    seem good too. so people are forced to actually be tanks

for selecting the healer role
    there could be a requirement for a restoration staff or heal skills that heal multiple people
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I disagree; there's no need to change it
    Guilty speed runner here. If you are not running the dungeon the first time, I see no need to go slow. Do runs for exp, not the transmutes. I have so many now, I just decon them. That said, if I see someone pickup the quest, or they announce they are questing, I do slow down and let them do the quest. Beyond that, it’s balls to wall as fast as I can. Kill and pull everything as I go. Done them so many times, I know where to stop to group the adds, so they all die. Never fake my role and generally go as a DPS 99% of the time. Never run as a Tank for randoms. If I go as a healer, I will go slower as keeping everyone alive is my role, not DPS.

Don’t see the logic of limiting runs per account. It is already limited to what you can get per character, why extend that limitation to account. 

Stay safe :)
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that something should be done, but don't agree with this post's suggestion
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Guilty speed runner here. If you are not running the dungeon the first time, I see no need to go slow. Do runs for exp, not the transmutes. I have so many now, I just decon them. That said, if I see someone pickup the quest, or they announce they are questing, I do slow down and let them do the quest. Beyond that, it’s balls to wall as fast as I can. Kill and pull everything as I go. Done them so many times, I know where to stop to group the adds, so they all die. Never fake my role and generally go as a DPS 99% of the time. Never run as a Tank for randoms. If I go as a healer, I will go slower as keeping everyone alive is my role, not DPS.

Don’t see the logic of limiting runs per account. It is already limited to what you can get per character, why extend that limitation to account. 

Stay safe :)

As long as you ask and at least 2 of the other 3 agree I have no problem with this (consent is important). If I'm one of the other 3 I will say no but if overruled I will just get on with it. I like the process of dungeons, I'm swimming in transmutes and don't really care about the XP at this point, but even if I've been through the dungeon hundreds of times somehow I seem to enjoy it. Just a different take on it.
    PS5/NA