Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Intel Iris Pro & HD 5000 Potential Graphics Issues

• Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    ssijak wrote: »
    I guess that there is no way to revert just the hd5000 driver (kext)?
    I wouldn't know without spending some time and I don't have a MB Air to try it unfortunately.
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK, I have word now from the development team and a fix has been verified with Apple and submitted for internal testing and build. Just have to find out now how and when ZOS will be handling maintenance, updates and hot fixes on the Megaservers.

Main news is a working fix is in place for the Intel Graphics HD5000 issue and now awaiting testing/ inclusion in an hotfix/update.

I'll post when I hear anything or if ZOS CS can provide that for us.
    Edited by Moonraker on 31 March 2014 23:30
    Options
  • heller1
    heller1
    Thank you for the info! Is that a typo for the graphiocs card? HD500? Do you mean HD5000?
    Options
  • mkeisu
    mkeisu
    Moonraker wrote: »
    OK, I have word now from the development team and a fix has been verified with Apple and submitted for internal testing and build. Just have to find out now how and when ZOS will be handling maintenance, updates and hot fixes on the Megaservers.

Main news is a working fix is in place for the Intel Graphics HD500 issue and now awaiting testing/ inclusion in an hotfix/update.

I'll post when I hear anything or if ZOS CS can provide that for us.

That's great news! keep us updated :smile:
    Options
  • Daavos
    Daavos
    Thanks, Moonraker. Do you have any way of knowing when the final fix is put in? I was noticing it wasn't as bad when I was playing a little while ago, but it was still there.
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    heller1 wrote: »
    Thank you for the info! Is that a typo for the graphiocs card? HD500? Do you mean HD5000?
    Thanks. Yes a typo. If it looks a silly mistake then it probably is with my typing ;) Fixed.
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daavos wrote: »
    Thanks, Moonraker. Do you have any way of knowing when the final fix is put in? I was noticing it wasn't as bad when I was playing a little while ago, but it was still there.
    No way to know yet. I imagine ZOS have quite a few fixes etc. to go in, of which a mac fix is just one of many; so they will probably roll them together and post as an update. When they do update I expect they will post the information beforehand as it will require a Megaserver restart

If I hear I'll post here.
    Options
  • Daavos
    Daavos
    Thanks.
    Options
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really?! That is the excuse? And they wont fix it or what? I am playing the game on that card on medium settings just fine outside of rainy environments.

Odd answer, since the game played fine on my 2012 MBP, even on medium to high settings.

Heck, could even get the beta to run on my old 2008 MBP. It was painful to watch, but it worked and never crashed.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • tostsp
    tostsp
    MacBook Air 13-inch, Mid 2013
    Processor 1,3 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics Intel HD Graphics 5000 1024 MB
    Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)

version 1.0.0.956792

Also, the same issue.

Hopefully, it will be fixed soon. :(

zexj04o2zzro.png
    Edited by tostsp on 1 April 2014 02:47
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    tostsp wrote: »

version 1.0.0.956792

Also, the same issue.

Hi @tostsp. A fix was done today and submitted for internal testing and inclusion in an update. No date yet from ZOS on an update but I would expect it to be before official launch at the latest.

If I hear anything more I'll post here.
    Options
  • tostsp
    tostsp

version 1.0.0.956792

Also, the same issue.

Hi @tostsp. A fix was done today and submitted for internal testing and inclusion in an update. No date yet from ZOS on an update but I would expect it to be before official launch at the latest.

I hope you will post it soon 'cause I wanna play :)
    Options
  • ssijak
    ssijak
    Hm, is there any starting area where there are no snow and rain for some time? So we can play at least that until the fix.
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hm, is there any starting area where there are no snow and rain for some time? So we can play at least that until the fix.
    Think rain can be anywhere. Perhaps DC and Stros M'kai as it is desert is less but I can't be sure.
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭

version 1.0.0.956792

Also, the same issue.

I hope you will post it soon 'cause I wanna play :)
    I bet ;) I'll post when I hear something solid. Or ZOS may just post an announcement anyhow for some update or maintenance. it will need to be updated on the server also other fixes too I imagine.
    Edited by Moonraker on 1 April 2014 13:32
    Options
  • jc.rosales.medinacub18_ESO
    Thank you for all the information Moonraker, it helps a lot. Meanwhile I'm playing on a Windows PC but I want to play finally on my Mac so bad. I hope they update the fix as soon as possible.
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for all the information Moonraker, it helps a lot. Meanwhile I'm playing on a Windows PC but I want to play finally on my Mac so bad. I hope they update the fix as soon as possible.
    Hang in there :) It should not be too long in coming.

Options
  • heller1
    heller1
    I've been enjoying creating characters lol
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    heller1 wrote: »
    I've been enjoying creating characters lol
    :) I made a lot quickly to save names. Ill need to go back and redo them properly which takes me ages each time :)

Options
  • Lukefus
    Lukefus
    ✭✭
    Any word on if the maintenance they just performed had the Mac Air HD5000 fix in it?
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lukefus wrote: »
    Any word on if the maintenance they just performed had the Mac Air HD5000 fix in it?
    Nope. have to see if they update client or not along with today's maintenance. Then check.

Edit: Looks like it's up again. No client update with it that I see so probably not today.

Edited by Moonraker on 1 April 2014 18:03
    Options
  • Kratork
    Kratork
    ✭✭
    While waiting the fix for my macbook air I just want to let know people that the game works on a macmini 2,3 GHz Intel Core i5 - 4 GB RAM - Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB, I know it's not officially supported but at least work for me.
    Low setting on pretty much everthing, windowed mode (needed, in fullscreen crash and freeze entire mac -force restart needed).

So if you are waiting the fix like me and have an old mac give it a try.

P.S. Hi @Moonraker ;)
    Options
  • icombs17
    icombs17
    Nope. have to see if they update client or not along with today's maintenance. Then check.

Edit: Looks like it's up again. No client update with it that I see so probably not today.

I too am having the same problem on my 2013 macbook air i7-4650u, 8gb ram, and intel hd 5000. Thanks for working on this so hard and keeping everyone posted, i hope the fix comes soon, like days or hours lol.
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    icombs17 wrote: »

I too am having the same problem on my 2013 macbook air i7-4650u, 8gb ram, and intel hd 5000. Thanks for working on this so hard and keeping everyone posted, i hope the fix comes soon, like days or hours lol.
    My fingers remain firmly crossed so we can tick this off the fairly small list now ;)

If it helps you guys it would help me if you can click Insightful or Awesome at the bottom of my post window s which will just help me bump my points and add stars.

This will just help players see it as an experienced poster which helps as we currently don't have any other way to distinguish ATM.

And thanks to you all for continuing to post feedback, details as it is all useful.

When I hear anything I'll post here. Watch out for any announcements and client updates will hopefully include the fix (has been confirmed direct with Apple now also)
    Options
  • LiVnTheDR3aM
    LiVnTheDR3aM
    Soul Shriven
    I agree with the comment on windowed view vs full screen. I am getting much better results from windowed screen. less major crashes
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    The MacBook Air - Intel Graphics HD5000 fix is in. See latest Patch Notes v.1.0.1.
    Mac Client
    General
    Fixed an issue with the MacBook Air that was causing NPCs to multiply as you moved the camera around.

Now it's just a wait for the update should be soon.

Edit: Apparently they are looking to implement the latest changes this morning EDT from ZOS CS post on forum here:
    We were already planning to push a new game build to both servers this morning, and we will continue to work towards this. Stay tuned for complete patch note shortly. In addition to this aforementioned priority fix, we are also working quickly to restore our 'send in-game mail' functionality, some content blocking fixes that are preventing some users from finishing quests, and a few other tweaks. Our goal is to have all of these fixes initiated later this morning, eastern US time.
    Edited by Moonraker on 2 April 2014 15:12
    Options
  • OpForce
    OpForce
    ✭✭
    EDIT: Deleted because I did more reading..and felt dumb for not seeing that it wasn't in regard to the overall software.
    Edited by OpForce on 2 April 2014 14:19
    My clan is recruiting! Click here.
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    OpForce wrote: »
    EDIT: Deleted because I did more reading..and felt dumb for not seeing that it wasn't in regard to the overall software.
    No problem :) Issue should be resolved now anyhow. See my previous post and patch notes. NA server down so assume an update soon to client with these.
    Options
  • jc.rosales.medinacub18_ESO
    The fix is in. See latest Patch Notes v.1.0.1.
    Mac Client
    General
    Fixed an issue with the MacBook Air that was causing NPCs to multiply as you moved the camera around.

Now it's just a wait for the update should be soon.

Eureka, thanks for the information, I'm relax now, we have just to wait then.
    Options
  • OpForce
    OpForce
    ✭✭
    I'm a little disappointed with the updates to the Mac client listed on the patch notes. It's more than just NPCs, but EVERYTHING. Hopefully it'll all be fixed, regardless of what the text for it says was fixed.
    My clan is recruiting! Click here.
    Options