Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sea Elves of Pyandonea

• Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we can't get a new race, I'd rather have skins, adornments, markings, etc. to create a Maormer (or other race). Polymorphs allow for no aesthetic customization besides that one choice.
  • zombniac
    zombniac
    ✭✭✭
    Kallykat wrote: »
    If we can't get a new race, I'd rather have skins, adornments, markings, etc. to create a Maormer (or other race). Polymorphs allow for no aesthetic customization besides that one choice.

I would be perfectly fine and happy with a skin that actually emulates a Maormer. But sadly, the current skin Maormer Fish Skin does not make you look anything like an actual Maormer.
  • zombniac
    zombniac
    ✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    At
    I've said this before, but the best we can hope for in this department is customizable polymorphs for non-playable races--we get to roleplay as whatever race we want and they don't have to commit to it. It's a perfect compromise.
    That would be a really poor compromise
    Just release them and be done with it
    I'm not sure why you think it would be such an easy thing to do. ZOS has a hard time balancing the Races we have now, it's not just a matter of cranking out pale Elves. They'd need to come up with Racial passives, they'd need to add another Race to character creation, and they'd also have to give at least one additional character slot for those with 18 already.

So yeah, a Polymorph would be better and less work. Besides that, it becomes a slippery slope of they add more Races. People will start demanding other Races going "well we got this one why can't we get these ones!". You also need to remember that ZOS has to follow what Bethesda tells them they can do. If Bethesda doesn't want them adding new Races, that's it. They're the ones who get to say what Races we get, not ZOS.

A skin would be even better than a polymorph, because you can't further customize a polymorphed character. A skin could easily give a player the bluish skin, eyes and fin-like ears. And then you could customize it further to whatever you like. That would make me very happy, and I'd be willing to spend a ridiculous amount of money for it...
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zombniac wrote: »
    At
    I've said this before, but the best we can hope for in this department is customizable polymorphs for non-playable races--we get to roleplay as whatever race we want and they don't have to commit to it. It's a perfect compromise.
    I'm not sure why you think it would be such an easy thing to do. ZOS has a hard time balancing the Races we have now, it's not just a matter of cranking out pale Elves. They'd need to come up with Racial passives, they'd need to add another Race to character creation, and they'd also have to give at least one additional character slot for those with 18 already.

So yeah, a Polymorph would be better and less work. Besides that, it becomes a slippery slope of they add more Races. People will start demanding other Races going "well we got this one why can't we get these ones!". You also need to remember that ZOS has to follow what Bethesda tells them they can do. If Bethesda doesn't want them adding new Races, that's it. They're the ones who get to say what Races we get, not ZOS.

A skin would be even better than a polymorph, because you can't further customize a polymorphed character. A skin could easily give a player the bluish skin, eyes and fin-like ears. And then you could customize it further to whatever you like. That would make me very happy, and I'd be willing to spend a ridiculous amount of money for it...
    Ah yeah, I meant Skin lol. It'd be nice to get an actual Maormer Skin than the one we have now.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At

Yeah but polymorph are trash
    No custmisation at all

As for passive
    Storm resist, max stam(pirate), max magika
    Done
    Or even use dunmer ones but replace fire resist by storm resist therefore no balancing issue, took all of 2 min

For bethesda approval, we have zero indication of teir opinion on the subject

Also if they manage 2 whole class, pretty sure they can manage a new race

You're making it look harder than it is
    The only real obstacl would be having bethesda approuval and we dont even know if it will be one
  • zombniac
    zombniac
    ✭✭✭
    At

No custmisation at all

As for passive
    Done
    Or even use dunmer ones but replace fire resist by storm resist therefore no balancing issue, took all of 2 min

Also, if they manage 2 whole class, pretty sure they can manage a new race

The only real obstacl would be having bethesda approuval and we dont even know if it will be one

I agree. I don't believe adding a new race would be very difficult in terms of stats. That's done and done in a few minutes, they just have to make the choice. I know they have special models for the Maormer, and I'm positive ZoS could add them if they and Bethesda wanted to. I'm just not sure how tying in a new model into the character customization process would work.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At

No custmisation at all

As for passive
    Done

No, you're oversimplifying something that is not that easy. Besides the whole ordeal and everything it entails of adding another race, which has not been done before in ESO, there's also a big difference between adding new classes which skills has already been a thing in TES for decades, and adding a race which has never been playable before in a game that is technically a prequel. If you want maormer then hope they are in TES 6 because ESO is not the place for them.

Otherwise ask for a proper looking skin or somesuch.

[Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • TinyDragon
    TinyDragon
    ✭✭✭
    I would prefer this is limited to cosmetics personally.

I don't think ESO should deviate away from the franchise so much; people have wild requests, things like bringing in the dwemer/snow elves, introducing playable races we have never had before, bringing in new classes that have no precedence, or going to far away locations never before seen (sometimes never even before mentioned).

I feel that if ZOS was to do this, it would begin to start losing the identity it has, and why I (and many others) picked it up in the first place.
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to hear a better compromise then, or at least one that isn't as complicated or time consuming on ZOS's end than adding an entirely new playable race.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • zombniac
    zombniac
    ✭✭✭
    At

No custmisation at all

As for passive
    Done

No, you're oversimplifying something that is not that easy. Besides the whole ordeal and everything it entails of adding another race, which has not been done before in ESO, there's also a big difference between adding new classes which skills has already been a thing in TES for decades, and adding a race which has never been playable before in a game that is technically a prequel. If you want maormer then hope they are in TES 6 because ESO is not the place for them.

Otherwise ask for a proper looking skin or somesuch.

I think most of us that want Maormer would settle for a skin that actually looks like one. Including me. If you're reading this ZoS, please add. :smile:
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adding a race which has never been playable before in a game that is technically a prequel.
    I mean there are plenty of races that could only become playable in a prequel, as they went extinct or lost their socially acceptable status;
    Snow Elves, Dwemer, Chimer, Nedes, Kothringi, Lilmothiit, Minotaurs, etc.

Maormer could have been written to be socially acceptable during the 2nd era without interfering with their established, 3E lore. But at this point it's probably too late.

Tho tbh I don't know why people are so enamoured with the idea of a slightly differently coloured quasi-human race, instead of something truly alien, like Sloads or Lilmothiit.
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tho tbh I don't know why people are so enamoured with the idea of a slightly differently coloured quasi-human race, instead of something truly alien, like Sloads or Lilmothiit.

Don't get me wrong. I'd also love a really unusual playable race. It's just that a differently-colored elf seems slightly more plausible.

Plus, I like elves.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still would like to keep the spirit of TES and not add any new races as playable. Pyandonea - yes. Maormer polymorph - yes. Playable race - no.
    PC/EU
  • S0Z0H
    S0Z0H
    ✭✭✭
    Ya I'd love a Sea Elf race. Maybe give them fast swimming, and water based abilities. I never agreed with the story being so slanted against the Sea Elves.
    Or at least show that not all Sea Elves are the same. Just like not all High Elves are flaming racial supremacists ( which a lot of them are) .

Sea Elves are so cool and interesting.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At

No custmisation at all

As for passive
    Done

Balance issues aren't as trivial as you're trying to claim they are. Just look at what happens practically every patch. Also what you're suggesting is basically just Sorc 2.0 in terms of storm stuff. You can't just throw out random passive skills without actually thinking about how they'd impact the game, the Race, and overlap with other Racial skills. Max Mag and Max Stam is pretty much any hybrid Race.

As for Bethesda support, you just contradicted yourself. You demand ZOS just add it but then admit it's not that simple because Bethesda might not support it. And considering that they've never been playable in any of the main series games, it's safe to assume they wouldn't give the okay for something that big in ESO.

The simple fact is it would require more work than you wish to think. They have to figure out what to do with them Alliance-wise, they have to make the models and make sure the hundreds of cosmetics would work properly on them, they have to do the voices. It would literally be much less work to just make a Skin.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still would like to keep the spirit of TES and not add any new races as playable. Pyandonea - yes. Maormer polymorph - yes. Playable race - no.
    If we speak of TES, well, we started out with less than 10 playable races. At least Orcs and Imperials were added in later TES games, and in Battlespire, you had just six playable races IIRC. So the spirit of TES would be to add more races if circumstances allowed for it.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people keep asking for it long enough it'll happen. Necromancer, and the west Skyrim chapter are proof of that. I want a Bosmer chapter next but if not Maormer would be high up on my list.