The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Prior Therric Arms Packs is way too flashy

• t3hnerevarine
    t3hnerevarine
    ✭✭✭
    This set causes me physical pain. I'm not going to be able to play eso until I hear from friends that the hype from this set has died down, and even then it'll be risky

Bright flashes with quests and hard modes and antiquities are at regular times and I can close my eyes tight and avoid the worst of it, but this flash is going to be frequent and irregular in any content with other players, even just overland content
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have bought it, but too glowey and distracting. Unless the effects don’t happen in actual combat?
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M0ntie wrote: »
    I would have bought it, but too glowey and distracting. Unless the effects don’t happen in actual combat?

It continually happens when you unsheathe your weapon this includes weapon swapping, and yes it happens every time, all the time. If you play with the camera zoomed out all the way, its less annoying but if you get into someone else's camera face up it can be blinding even light searing pain. Imagine standing in front of the tank and constantly doing this, sometimes they can't move or have to move in specific spots and you happen to just flash it repeatedly in their face with no control over the constant painful purple flashes.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As annoying as it is there is one rather big problem

Suddenly changing something people paid for with real money might not go so well with some players.
  • OnnuK
    OnnuK
    ✭✭✭
    it may be flashy but it is what makes this pack unique. I love it. I also agree that there should be an adjustment for lowering/ removing all radient/glowy/flashy status for people who have sensibility to these effects.
    PC/EU @onnuk, Guild: ANADOLU "|H1:guild:29269|hAnadolu|h"
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    I can definitely see an option implemented to tone down effects in settings, so that players with sensitivity to flashing lights can turn them down, especially in low light environments. This is a very important accessibility option, I think, and while PC players have tweaks to achieve something along these lines, console players have no option but to endure (older consoles also can get a lag problem with a lot of flashy effects, for that matter, so an accessibility option would be a double win).

Where are these tweaks on PC because I'd sure like to use them.
    PCNA
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Suddenly changing something people paid for with real money might not go so well with some players.

That is why I am hoping the novelty wears off and maybe with enough complaints the next set out won't be so flashy.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love it. Was a great surprise.

The helm style page is awful so the weapons compensate imo.

They better not change it.
  • Xinihp
    Xinihp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broken23 wrote: »
    I love it
    3HfR8HD.jpg
    pBugqTL.jpg
    fFUdHLR.jpg

This is only the beginning...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp74T9b4Z40

:p
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I think someone flashed it next to me while I was crafting. It was some godawful flash of blinding pink I'd never seen before. Usually I'm not sensitive to bright lights but this was very unpleasant.
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can definitely see an option implemented to tone down effects in settings, so that players with sensitivity to flashing lights can turn them down, especially in low light environments. This is a very important accessibility option, I think, and while PC players have tweaks to achieve something along these lines, console players have no option but to endure (older consoles also can get a lag problem with a lot of flashy effects, for that matter, so an accessibility option would be a double win).

Beating a very dead horse. If you do a search you will see all the past requests for ways to turn down/turn off effects.
    It wasn't written into the original code, and afaict, they have no (easy) way to implement it.
    Over the years I've tried various things, nothing works.. even turning my screen to grey abolishing all definition, the games flashy effects come through (on top?) bright and clear. It's obnoxious.

*The developers do not care because they keep adding more even with all the pleas.
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like an option to turn off weapon glows in the same way as you can do with the visual upgrades for mounts that you get from training.

I wouldn't even consider buying most arms packs, as the effects obscure most of the visuals, and well I would buy those packs for the visuals. Some of them look great, but not when there's some dense particle blob hovering around it.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coatmagic wrote: »

Beating a very dead horse. If you do a search you will see all the past requests for ways to turn down/turn off effects.
    It wasn't written into the original code, and afaict, they have no (easy) way to implement it.
    Over the years I've tried various things, nothing works.. even turning my screen to grey abolishing all definition, the games flashy effects come through (on top?) bright and clear. It's obnoxious.

I know in WoW you can turn down a lot of flashy effects and they don't have anything nearly as bright as here. It's not even that we just don't like flashy things. It's actually physically painful for many of us.
    Edited by SilverBride on 20 May 2022 15:40
    PCNA
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any sort of graphics settings will get you there to some extent. Try looking at what you can change in your game client before launching the game. If absolutely nothing else, go into your graphics card software settings and turn down bloom and other lighting effects. I'd help more, but I don't play ESO on PC regularly enough to remember where stuff is... and PCs can vary so much, any specific advice has limited value.

Now, if you were on console, there I could really help you. On console, I recommend throwing a blanket over your screen. That's about the only fix for this at the moment for us non-PC players.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive asked for a refund

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any sort of graphics settings will get you there to some extent. Try looking at what you can change in your game client before launching the game. If absolutely nothing else, go into your graphics card software settings and turn down bloom and other lighting effects. I'd help more, but I don't play ESO on PC regularly enough to remember where stuff is... and PCs can vary so much, any specific advice has limited value.

Now, if you were on console, there I could really help you. On console, I recommend throwing a blanket over your screen. That's about the only fix for this at the moment for us non-PC players.

Seriously though, I cannot state this enough times or in too many places: Nothing changes the intensity of the the effects.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it looks awesome and it's flashyness is precisely the reason I'm willing to buy this set.

Your average radiant apex mount is way more flashy.

I received it as a gift... and returned it... but then I saw it its flashiness

Will definitely be getting it now
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coatmagic wrote: »

Seriously though, I cannot state this enough times or in too many places: Nothing changes the intensity of the the effects.

Depending on your skill with a PC, you can probably even turn off effects entirely for ESO.

Unless you were talking about settings with ESO itself, in which case I couldn't tell ya what's there at this point. My PC doesn't even have room to reinstall ESO until I get more drive space.

...Or unless you were talking about the blanket thing, in which case... well, I guess you're technically right, but I still think it solves the issue. Technically.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this arms pack highlights a need for players to be able to have more control over the visual effects from others. When we're potentially talking about visually harassing or trolling others and possibly even causing stress or harm to those with acute visual issues, ZOS may need to allow us the means to tone down effects on our end.

If they also include the ability to turn all flappy pets invisible using this same tech, I won't complain.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So this solution you speak of is to turn and tinker everything graphically down...yeah, that's not a solution at all on PC.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've now seen people with this style and I dislike it even more. It's giving me and others I know headaches with all the flashing and noises.

Please, @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin stop with these kind of effects on things. You're literally causing pain to your players who wants nothing to do with them.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've now seen people with this style and I dislike it even more. It's giving me and others I know headaches with all the flashing and noises.

Please, @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin stop with these kind of effects on things. You're literally causing pain to your players who wants nothing to do with them.

Idk, I wasn't even paying attention to what the style did until reading this thread, haven't seen it in game (or at least not noticed it yet), but after seeing the pictures, I kind of want it now.

I enjoy interesting effects on things.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Idk, I wasn't even paying attention to what the style did until reading this thread, haven't seen it in game (or at least not noticed it yet), but after seeing the pictures, I kind of want it now.

I enjoy interesting effects on things.

interesting and absolute eyesore and/painful does not have to be the same.
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have mixed feelings tbh. I can appreciate extra visual and sound effect on weapon draw/swap, it's more 'value' for the same 2500 crowns price. On the other hand the sound effect gets really annoying when using the arms pack in normal rotation (especially when more people in trial group use the pack or you're magcro swapping to frontbar every 2 seconds for blastbones :neutral:).
    Edited by perfiction on 20 May 2022 20:23
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have no control over other player's getting in front of your camera swapping it repeatedly, especially if you're stationary like looking in your bags, at a crafting station, or at a banker; you're still seeing the world around you and they will be there flashing in your face. In a PvP ball where you're crowded together like inside a keep where the walls force your camera to zoom in, you could be in a lot of trouble from your own faction who you can't kill to make them stop. It's especially bad if you're light sensitive causing serious pain, I could see this even causing epileptic seizures if multiple players do this, it may not be fast enough with one player but with multiple 3-5 players together it could trigger it easily.

The way I see it, if enough people buy this Arms pack and it becomes a frustrating nuisance to the player base that they start leaving the game because of it, zos will have no other choice than to refund all players who bought the pack and change/update the weapons to remove the initial bursting flash.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks awesome 👌 Going to buy it now.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else notice how the staff rests too high on your back when sheathed? Looks really odd.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bright flashing and the loud noise when you weapon swap needs to go.

Otherwise the style of the weapons are beautiful and the effects themselves look nice. (Although the black poison cloud, the stuff that looks like the poisons you put on your weapons, needs to get toned down on the staff and shield. The effects on both of them are HUGE compared to the rest of the weapons in the pack.)
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's causing health issues they should do it anyway and offer refunds to those that don't want it.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ran a trial with several people with this style and it is absolutely horrible. The noise when people bar swap is very distracting.
    For goodness sake at least turn that off during combat and tone down the colour.

100% would have bought this because it looks great, but not buying it and will ask others not to run it in trials/dungeons while it is so intrusive.