The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The most important poll you will ever answer

gariondavey
gariondavey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
What is your favorite type of thread to debate/argue/complain in on the forums?

Disclaimer: this is not an attempt of baiting, but rather, something I have wondered after reading many forum posts with many impassioned fellow eso players!
Edited by gariondavey on 19 January 2022 20:35
PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden

The most important poll you will ever answer 161 votes

Fake tank/fake healer/fake dps
4%
redspecter23drsalvationmikemaconPunches_Below_BeltValabrogsvendfNemezijus 7 votes
Wild speculation on upcoming chapters
15%
ZigoSidDanikatkenneth.friisb16_ESOstarlizard70ub17_ESOCillion3117AstironRex-UmbraRaddlemanNumber7TheImperfectDark_Lord_KuroSilverIce58CatagamiRPGplayer13579RedBranchWildRaptorXChaos2088The3sFinestPog_MahonespartaxoxoNareya726 25 votes
Quality of life changes
22%
DeathStalkerssewallb14_ESOZephiran23Icy_NelyanDestaiZenzukiEasily_LostWargazsemVaohjad11mumblerfireraptureMilchbartDrdeath20EntegreDiabolus1989IrfindSuicideRoachSirAxencrancherryjoerginger 37 votes
PvP imbalance/game direction
26%
Solarikenjerek95KwoungKrisophKartalinRustyfish101MayraelCasulDojohodaArchMikemLady_LindelStamickaJierdanitKalik_Goldgepe87lemonizzleDosuulGusTheWizardmilllaurieThoragaal 42 votes
Fashion/housing issues
8%
calitrumanb14_ESOGedericVehliropajInaMoonlightEnemy-of-ColdharbourSaoirse_SiobhanmeekmikoTelvanniWizardBretonMageMarcusorion1AdremalaurorableMythgard1967 14 votes
Other
22%
KsariyuBlueRavenMojmirKesstrylDarcyMardinjedtb16_ESOCoatmagicproprio.meb16_ESOMasterSpatulaSheridanXuhoraOreyn_Bearclawpeacenotesmacx250VevvevCadburywolfie1.0.TyharTroodon80Sylvermynx 36 votes
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fashion/housing issues
    The damm crates and housing slots!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    None of the above.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    None of the above.

Please, share!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nobody complains about Battlegrounds more than me. Somebody has to do it! :smile:
    PC NA
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    None of the above.

Please, share!

Share what? I really don't post in threads to "argue". If a thread has something interesting to me (which is pretty much everything but pvp) I'll post an opinion if I have one, if I have a question about what's posted, I'll ask - or if it's a question and I know an answer, I'll post that answer.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None of the above.

Please, share!

Share what? I really don't post in threads to "argue". If a thread has something interesting to me (which is pretty much everything but pvp) I'll post an opinion if I have one, if I have a question about what's posted, I'll ask - or if it's a question and I know an answer, I'll post that answer.

Great, thanks for the insight!
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Every thread where i can complain is good >:)
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • ive_wonder
    ive_wonder
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Monetization practices.
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    "sTop SpYinG oN My lOoT", unfortunately we didn't have such threads for a long time.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Helping other players with legitimate questions improve their knowledge and actually get better at the game.

I have a habit of calling out nonsense when I see it, but mostly, I am trying to be helpful.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's more fun and people take you disagreeing with them less personally when it's something like wild speculation rather than something people want
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fashion/housing issues
    I'll never stop pointing out the housing issues that currently plague an otherwise formidable and unmatched aspect of the game.
  • Chips_Ahoy
    Chips_Ahoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    none of them but I can tell you the ones I don't like.

those who have click bait and those who do whatever it takes to get attention.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chips_Ahoy wrote: »
    none of them but I can tell you the ones I don't like.

those who have click bait and those who do whatever it takes to get attention.

Got any examples of that?
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quality of life changes
    Quality of life is my only concern of these.
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of the content I do is mostly based in PvP, so I feel like I have more to say on that subject. But I think the problems in regards to balancing and game direction are also tied to some of the issues arising PvE. These are issues that are beginning to affect the game as whole I believe. So, IMHO, I would say that PvP balancing and game direction are also tied to the issue of players faking roles in dungeons and trials. Both are discussions that I'm interested in.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on 19 January 2022 22:33
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    None of the listed choices. I rarely engage in online debates (having learned my lesson on that long ago). I read the forums to gain insight on other players’ in-game experiences and I post when my own experiences seem relevant. Having been here since beta, I try to answer newer players’ questions when I can.

I like to know what’s coming up or changing in the game. If I have an opinion about that, I’ll make a comment, but I’ve learned that by the time we find out about incoming changes, it’s usually not possible to influence the devs’ decisions.

Also, since I solo a lot, participating in the forum makes me feel part of the ESO community.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    There is only one topic for me.

Guess.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quality of life changes
    Pve imbalance too.

Id rework 40% of the skills if i could
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is only one topic for me.

Guess.

You want Bosmer to stop eating meat. #TeamSalad
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I voted "Other".
    Can be anything: I simply like when a thread bring me an info, something new. I have maybe a slight preferences for QoL issues, but not strong enough to vote for it.

Like all games forums, there are always a number of persistent subjects coming again and again... I usually stop reading them after a while and that's several of the points to vote for. :D

Otherwise, I avoid threads about what could come in the future. They're mostly a source of frustration to me because they mostly tell about things I don't want to see coming, or I'm not interested in, or things I would like, but I know it's not realistically possible... So in the end, they rarely wake up good feelings to me.
    Edited by DreamyLu on 20 January 2022 05:42
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    im not looking for special threads to communicate in, but you can find me in allmost every weekly threads about a Raidfinder-tool. I just know how much dmg it can cause, thats why i try to state my point of view everytime there is one.
  • Paramedicus
    Paramedicus
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Weaving?
    PC EU
    /script JumpToHouse("@Paramedicus")

↑↑↑ Feel free to visit my house if you need to use Transmute Station or Trial Dummy with buffs (look for Harrowing Reaper) ↑↑↑
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I love all types of discussions and topics. They are fun to read through and sometimes spark good debates. But at the end of the day...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47t1kvyeyzds25ygiakirx9tll1a6ulir94gvds2nh&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    cause its funny to see bad people mimimi
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    All of the above.
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It really depends on whats currently happening in the game. When new chapters are coming up, its speculation and theories, when there is a lull in new activities, housing is always a go to since I'm big into that, game balance and quality of life is always something I'm searching and reading about and I avoid the whining "Its all about me" threads.
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Vampire threads, although not every one of those threads brings a smile to my face. Some people's suggestions are just as bad as what ZOS came up with.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Dragonlord573
    Dragonlord573
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posts about how Dragonknights and Vampires are fairing. DKs are getting better but need more tweaks, and vampires are... Well more dead than they already were.
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake tank/fake healer/fake dps
    Fake roles really mean that support roles are dead, and armory was the nail in the coffin... It's ZoS saying: Make a damage build to enjoy the game, and keep a support build as backup for other activities, instead of trying to make support roles fun and viable for the whole game.