Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The most important poll you will ever answer

• drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake tank/fake healer/fake dps
    Fake roles really mean that support roles are dead, and armory was the nail in the coffin... It's ZoS saying: Make a damage build to enjoy the game, and keep a support build as backup for other activities, instead of trying to make support roles fun and viable for the whole game.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Based on my chat history.... it's in game economics.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wild speculation on upcoming chapters
    Fake roles really mean that support roles are dead, and armory was the nail in the coffin... It's ZoS saying: Make a damage build to enjoy the game, and keep a support build as backup for other activities, instead of trying to make support roles fun and viable for the whole game.

Or "We're not going to add any more character slots but we recognize there is a desire by many to have more builds. So use this instead."

Or "Here's your version of this add-on you've been complaining you don't have console, enjoy!"

Or "Now you can have alts without having to regrind everything constantly"

I think that's probably it more than being anti-support role. The newer dungeons are harder to solo than the old ones IMO, probably to give supports/tanks more to do. Though I guess that they are largely still soloable by dps doesn't actually inspire much confidence.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 20 January 2022 21:51
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Drastic changes every three months that continue the nerf train by temporarily boost things and then nerf them to oblivion when people cry OP.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Bosmers not having stealth. That bugs me so much.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    There is only one topic for me.

Guess.

Hmmm.... I wonder... lol
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvP imbalance/game direction
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    There is only one topic for me.

Guess.

Hmmm.... I wonder... lol

Me too lol
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Idk if "favorite" is the right word, but I am most passionate about the healer role and having it be appreciated and supported. Not necessarily just the "fake" part but topics on what a healer actually does and how flexible and versatile the role can be. And advocating for changes that would positively impact the healing role, and pointing out potential issues.

Other ones I keep an eye on are vampire discussions and any situations where the debate is a bit myopic -- like the broader view is being missed (a portion of the community being impacted isn't acknowedged) the suggestions will likely have unintended consequences.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other

It is interesting how different the viewpoints can be around here! I have always seen the armory as empowering support roles, not signing their death warrants! Not only because it allows my healers and tanks to easily have arena builds, but because it allows each of my characters to have a PvE build and a PvP build.

Not everyone enjoys having alts, but even if they did, to properly explore all the play style options you'd need a PvE and PvP build as a tank, healer, stam, and mag character for each class, and possibly options for werewolf and vampire and one or more arena builds. That's (6 x 2 x 4) + (6 x 2) + (6 x 1) characters to level. That's 66 character slots with no room for niche builds. Plus setups for PvE dungeons are vastly different than PvE trials and BG builds are often different than Cyro builds although we may not need separate builds for those changes, just gear and bars and CP.

But now I can take all my healers, which are my favorite characters, and take them to arenas.

I'm not sure where this idea came from that each role needs to be viable for all parts of the game without tweaks but it seems incorrect. There have been PvE and PvP builds for as long as I can remember.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.