Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Death dealers fete DSA Lead

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
Why lock this lead behind a long winded boring group arena??
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 5 September 2024 12:18
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am incredibly thankful that it only took me about 6 goes to get the lead. I don't see myself deliberately repeating it to get all of the tidbits of info from getting the lead 2 more times
    Soupy twist
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I recently got that lead after running ndsa xx times, I lost count.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took me 7 tries, 5 of which were solo. Really learned how to do that place quickly on normal though.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think my number was 33. Worst lead farm to date. There is so much RP in that place. I can solo nDSA in like 45-50 minutes. With 4 DPS killing things on spawn, its still like 35-40 minutes. Helps a bit on the bosses, but not as much as you would think. All you do is listen to dialogue.

I was running it on one my NB, did some Vet runs with a group, some solo runs on normal, then started picking up Randoms in crag. Switched to my sorc, got it on my second run. Probably just bad RNG, but makes me think my NB was bugged.

Leads should be like Motifs. Guarantee a drop on Vet (HM if its an option) when they are locked behind 4 man content.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on 2 December 2021 19:15
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I finally got mine recently as well. IMO, anything that requires more than 30 minutes to do (and is something that you have to go far out of your way to do) should have a pretty high drop rate. I was really close to just losing interest in it entirely when I finally got it.

DSA is old content with non-meta gear. There is no reason for most people to run it except for this lead, and when soloing it on normal is about as quick as running it with a group you are not really inspiring players to go back and enjoy old content with friends either.

Making it 100% drop rate on Vet would have at least made me want to put a vet group together and go for a high score while I was at it.
    Playing since beta...
  • Sonnir
    Sonnir
    ✭✭✭
    This lead was much easier for me to get (and SIGNIFICANTLY more enjoyable to obtain) than the stupid lead that drops from Rewards of the Worthy. (I still don't have it after a whole slew of RftW boxes I've earned since the drop of Blackwood.)
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got blackwood but no one wants to go to VDSA!
    What have I done...
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After fixing the drop RNg they should fix the lead RNG soon, need some kind of bad luck protection system. Been farming falkreath chests for a few days already with nothing to show for it, feels terrible.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    What have I done...

Do it on normal
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    What have I done...

Do it with me! PC-NA I'm always looking for people to run vDSA with.
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think my number was 33. Worst lead farm to date. There is so much RP in that place. I can solo nDSA in like 45-50 minutes. With 4 DPS killing things on spawn, its still like 35-40 minutes. Helps a bit on the bosses, but not as much as you would think. All you do is listen to dialogue.

I was running it on one my NB, did some Vet runs with a group, some solo runs on normal, then started picking up Randoms in crag. Switched to my sorc, got it on my second run. Probably just bad RNG, but makes me think my NB was bugged.

Leads should be like Motifs. Guarantee a drop on Vet (HM if its an option) when they are locked behind 4 man content.

I was in the low 30s for Blackheart Haven. Good lord that lead did not want to drop.

I would love to see a way to guarantee lead drops throughout the game, especially for some of the particularly tedious ones, like "farm overland mobs good luck lol".
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did my ribs solo, but I appreciate that not everyone can so that.

So yeh, it is annoying that it's locked behind a LONG group activity.

I wish they'd actually revisit dsa and take away all the irrelevant talking and waiting.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran this about 10-11 times and it was just a pain...

The stupid monologuing adds 5 minutes and change to the damn run.

It's also pretty soloable, just time consuming.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • darrenwalsh289
    darrenwalsh289
    Soul Shriven
    I'm honestly about to just stop playing this game altogether because of this dosa lead. I've run it 8 times (I get it that pales in comparison to 33) and I refuse to run it again. Forget this ring and maybe forget this game altogether.
  • Succuby
    Succuby
    ✭✭✭
    Because this boring arena is some place where exp players do not going and they need some exp players help new players i think.
  • SSX_Gryphon
    SSX_Gryphon
    ✭✭✭
    I'm honestly about to just stop playing this game altogether because of this dosa lead. I've run it 8 times (I get it that pales in comparison to 33) and I refuse to run it again. Forget this ring and maybe forget this game altogether.

That's a touch OTT don't you think? I wouldn't mind a few lead rates being revisited as yeah, personally I've about hit my limit for how much darkshade caverns 2 I want to run for a lead, but I don't think I'd stop doing something or quit something because it requires persistence, that's more statement of character than it is balance. There's very few builds that specifically need one item with no alternatives, Nothing is going to ever be an "I win" button.

I guess just try not to oversaturate your time with this one activity. Break it up with other activity. Persistence doesn;t always need to be a constant nose to one particular grindstone, it can be repeated efforts in smaller doses over a longer period of time.
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭

I've been running DSA for the last three weeks, solo on normal, 1 or 2 runs per day. I'm around 40 runs in total and I still haven't got this lead. I'm trying to keep it fresh by switching to alts (I've got like 10 alts), but man, this is the worst grind of any lead by a huge margin.

I hope it's not bugged :D
    Yes.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got it my 2nd run. I have crazy good rng for mythics.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's also pretty soloable, just time consuming.

It is. Takes me about an hour and a half to finish it. My DPS middling. Others can probably do it faster.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the bad: 14 solo runs -- still no lead.
    the good: my Bastian grows in levels
    :|
    PC EU
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    honestly i can understand why u want better drop rates but i would hate to see it implemented for old stuff cause the time i spend getting the stuff would be worthless than in compare to anyone who starts grinding afterwards - like with the stickerbook

if they would do that AGAIN i would quit cause wasteing time is the thing i hate the most and if zos continues to punish longer playing players ill stop playing
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Decreasing stupid grind (and everything that feels like wasting its time, is such) is an improvement. So I am totally for it [snip]

Back to topic: I was lucky, I even didnt know that the grind is that bad, I just somehow got almost all leads before I was even interested in that ring. Also I just did several DSA runs a few months ago for loot and to level skills and get some more CP, especially during events.

[edited for flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 21 January 2022 13:56
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think i got it once or twice going through there, on normal it was a super easy way to level companions (and due to running it so much, i am only missing about 10 items total to collect from there lol)

i personally find hiaths dialog funny and entertaining while killing things (i do agree with others though that the avg runtime is quite long, usually a minimum of 45 min regardless of group comp)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am eternally grateful that it only took me 6 goes to get it in there. DSA and BRP are right on the bottom of my list of enjoyment alongside battlegrounds (Cyrodiil I like sieging at least).

Mazzatun took me a fair few tries to get the lead from there - I was a magnet for everyone else in the team to get the lead whether they wanted it or not
    Soupy twist
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm close to 20 runs in cos for the lead there. Haven't even tried to farm the dsa lead yet.
    This is ridiculous. There should be a hard limit to the number of times you have to run a dungeon or trial for a lead to drop.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Why lock this lead behind a long winded boring group arena??

Boring is subjective tbh. My group actually likes DSA. The only thing we hate is the guy who trash talks throughout the arena basically doubles the amount of time it actually takes to run the thing :/
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point is to get people running older content again. That said that dungeon is super long so it should probably be a more common lead than it is now
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly i can understand why u want better drop rates but i would hate to see it implemented for old stuff cause the time i spend getting the stuff would be worthless than in compare to anyone who starts grinding afterwards - like with the stickerbook

if they would do that AGAIN i would quit cause wasteing time is the thing i hate the most and if zos continues to punish longer playing players ill stop playing

The stickerbook did not punish older players, it rewarded them. It was one of fhe best changes this game ever made.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

The stickerbook did not punish older players, it rewarded them. It was one of fhe best changes this game ever made.

the gear collection was good for older players...if you saved any of the gear lol, i know i ran DSA a few times before the gear collection system and kept almost none of the gear

the thing that really made the difference though was the curated drops along with the collection book (now i know i only need 48 more runs of maelstrom to finish all the gear there, instead of way more than that lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

so lets make it more clear what i mean
    i startet close to the release from morrowind and collectet sets and stuff and cause of the inventory stpace i sold 99.9% of the sets i got - than years later they introduce a system where i can safe every piece i will get but not the old ones i still need to grind them again if i want them

so lets say someone starts after the release of the sticker book and just casualy plays the game - this person will get all items added to the stickerbook...

so basicly i m complaining cause older players need to grind the stuff 2x (if they ever had it before) and newer 1x

btw another example the cp rework - older players got punished again - i was lvl 1300 and after the patch u only needed like 30% of the xp to get that lvl -> newer players only need to spend 30% of the time to get the same lvl as me
This discussion has been closed.