The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Congratulations. ZOS killed all enjoyment out of BGs

• DavGlen
    DavGlen
    ✭✭✭
    Malprave wrote: »
    Enjoying death match again! But I hope people that want to play objective get their own queue back. I don’t see what was wrong with it before. DM or Objective players aren’t going to play game types they don’t like, they’ll just quit. When I found I couldn’t queue for DM I just stopped playing battlegrounds. I think what we have here are two low population groups that just don’t want to be forcibly merged even if it means getting a game faster.

Exactly. People should be able to do or queue for what they want to do without any arbitrary restrictions. Freedom of choice is after all the core philosophy behind ES games.
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man it has been two days - no need to be dramatic about it. ZOS has repeatedly said the test is temporary. The objective BGs will return.

In the mean time, i'm playing BGs 10x more than I normally do. The all DM queue is awesome and the population seems way healthier. Even in off hours, I have yet to wait more than 2-4 minutes in the solo queue. I have even gotten a few instant pops which hasn't happened since you were able to choose what type of BG you wanted.
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    I played 8 matches in a row last night. Had a great time. First time I could truly enjoy BGs in a long while.

Wife and I logged on after a long day this week around 10:30pm. Logged off around 11:50pm. Spent about 4 minutes NOT in a BG.

This is the most amazing change. So enjoyable.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    RevJJ wrote: »
    I’ve said it in another thread but this change has a huge effect on below 50BGs. When there were several different modes, new players or those leveling up alts had a chance of winning.

Now all the below 50BGs are a lottery and if one of the other teams is a preformed team of sweaties with gold gear for every ten levels then you lose.

What a way to ruin the fun. Nice one ZOS.

Run in the solo queue. There are literally zero preformed teams in the solo queue.

And also 30+ min waiting times because barely anyone uses the solo queue as it’s not the default option.

The solo queue pops for me within 5 minutes every single time I run BGs.

B3-AEBEDF-F6-D7-464-A-9-D31-2-A255-EBB8-D4-D.jpg

🤷🏻‍♂️

Switched to group queue and got a match in 2 mins.
    Edited by RevJJ on 23 September 2021 05:01
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve said it in another thread but this change has a huge effect on below 50BGs. When there were several different modes, new players or those leveling up alts had a chance of winning.

Now all the below 50BGs are a lottery and if one of the other teams is a preformed team of sweaties with gold gear for every ten levels then you lose.

Run in the solo queue. There are literally zero preformed teams in the solo queue.

And also 30+ min waiting times because barely anyone uses the solo queue as it’s not the default option.

🤷🏻‍♂️

I am pretty sure your queue was bugged. If you just restarted as solo you would get the pop up within 2 minutes too.
    Because I can!
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

🤷🏻‍♂️

I am pretty sure your queue was bugged. If you just restarted as solo you would get the pop up within 2 minutes too.

I guess we just have different experiences because I have this every time I try the solo queue. I’ve also had friends returning to the game ask me if the solo queue is bugged because they had similar waiting times.

Good for you that the solo queue pops quickly when you play. Unfortunately for me it always takes a long time, so it’s not a viable option for me anymore because it wastes things like my xp scroll timer.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

🤷🏻‍♂️

I guess we just have different experiences because I have this every time I try the solo queue. I’ve also had friends returning to the game ask me if the solo queue is bugged because they had similar waiting times.

Good for you that the solo queue pops quickly when you play. Unfortunately for me it always takes a long time, so it’s not a viable option for me anymore because it wastes things like my xp scroll timer.

Can you try with another character? My first queue for my session is 5 minutes, then every next is max 2 minutes.
    Because I can!
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

🤷🏻‍♂️

Can you try with another character? My first queue for my session is 5 minutes, then every next is max 2 minutes.

I have had this on every character I’ve ever tried a solo BG queue on. On two different accounts even. I tried it today in the hopes that maybe things have changed but sadly it’s still the same for me.
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    Similar experience for me with Solo queue in the past. I'd give up at 30+ mins, and just join random. Then I just stopped selecting Solo at all. For now not an issue, as I'm not queuing any BGs.

• mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    That means deathmatch is only popular in party. On solo more popular is random all mods.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mmtaniac wrote: »
    That means deathmatch is only popular in party. On solo more popular is random all mods.

I play only solo and no issues. Primetime EU.
    Because I can!
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played few yesterday, such a big fun, as a melee char i've spent half of my time evading Dark Convergence, as soon I was in range of someone the ground became purple and I had to block or roll away.

Such skillfull and enjoyable gameplay.

This.

Been having to use ranged characters as the spread of Dark Convergence has come into full effect.
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭
    Complete opposite opinion. This has been the best change they've made to BGs in years. Ppl finally try to stick together and PvP as a group.

ZOS needs to admit that Solo Only Specific Queues were a mistake, that Random Only Solo + Group Queues were a mistake, and even that DM Only Solo + Group queues are a mistake. All these bad changes just to add or keep a Solo Queue that is dead most of the time killed the BG population.

The easiest thing to do to see if Solo Queue is even popular enough to be worth all these terrible changes would be to make it the default option. That way any solo player queues into it automatically and if you're duo+ you have to change the option. That's common sense, but either ZOS doesn't care enough to do that or they think the average Exp Reward Hunter is too dumb to do so? Who knows.

ZOS says there is only enough population for 2 options out of these 3:
    Group Queue
    Solo Queue
    Choosing Game Mode

Deathmatch players have made it clear for the past year+ that not being able to choose is not good, even when we had pushback from the I-Have-Fun-Holding-W-For-15-minutes community. These Obj gamers finally agree with us after experiencing the same thing we did with this current test and it has only been 3 days. Imagine putting up with no choice for a year. Being able to choose how you want to play is clearly the most important.

Battlegrounds are a Group v Group v Group arena, therefore Group Queue is more important than the Solo Queue. This would put us back at having the old system before Solo Only queues were introduced.

This change to the old system doesn't have to be permanent either, only until ZOS finds a way to bring back population to BGs with better incentives, etc... It's all in their power. They just have to care. Once that happens, add Solo Queue correctly. What they did last time by shutting down group play in a GvGvG arena was a travesty.
    Edited by Magio_ on 23 September 2021 19:39
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some players like random every modes ,some like only one ,random can still work with players that choosing one mode they still can be grouped together. This way its still will be only 2 queues not 3 because random players will be in games with people who choose one specific mode.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I prefer random.

Playing the same game mode over and over is dull.

The current situation? Would honestly be fine with however long the test will go for data collection... If Dark Convergence was nuked from existence until next patch. - Or got ninja patched like Hrothgar did.
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭
    mmtaniac wrote: »
    random players will be in games with people who choose one specific mode.

That's what we used to have and it's not really "random". Deathmatch was the match type that you got out of queueing in the Random Queue the majority of the time.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »

It would be nice to have random, but maybe make deathmatch occur twice as frequently as the rest? Something like this:

Deathmatch 33% of the time
    Chaosball 17%
    Crazy King 17%
    Domination 17%
    Capture the Relic 16%
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

It would be nice to have random, but maybe make deathmatch occur twice as frequently as the rest? Something like this:

Chaosball 17%
    Crazy King 17%
    Domination 17%
    Capture the Relic 16%

But pretty much all the harder achievements is from objective modes. Those would be even harder to achieve with this change.
    PS | EU
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭

If you can choose your mode you can pick w/e you want to play at any time. What's the problem then? Lol

Chaosball 17%
    Crazy King 17%
    Domination 17%
    Capture the Relic 16%
    No.

Players have to be able to choose what to play. 33% DM means 66% of games will be objective modes which all play the same, try to avoid combat as much as possible to win. Please stop suggesting a Random Only queue with percentages that favor your preferred playstyle of running away from opponents.
    Jackey wrote: »
    But pretty much all the harder achievements is from objective modes. Those would be even harder to achieve with this change.
    Being able to choose would be good, wouldn't it?
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magio_ wrote: »
    Please stop suggesting a Random Only queue with percentages that favor your preferred playstyle of running away from opponents.

Chaos ball involves a lot of combat
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please stop suggesting a Random Only queue with percentages that favor your preferred playstyle of running away from opponents.

Until it's captured by a team who then hide completely for the next 15 minutes.

Been there. The ball did no damage most of time as far as I can tell.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »

Until it's captured by a team who then hide completely for the next 15 minutes.

Been there. The ball did no damage most of time as far as I can tell.

You can't hide in BG. The most you can do is dance around scenery to prevent someone from targeting you, but that's all pvp is anyway.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so upset, I only liked Chaos ball. Now all BGS are full of gankers and premades.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't hide in BG. The most you can do is dance around scenery to prevent someone from targeting you, but that's all pvp is anyway.

There are hiding spots in some maps. Like behind big statue (?) or some edge outside of main roads.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Poor choice from ZoS to remove all the other modes and enable only DM. I guess this was done as it is easier to be programed. The issue is that now players will be mad each other in the forums and the community will be divided.
    Why was this late change and so rushed? Maybe because of upcoming new MMO launch soon?

No, it's a test. They didn't "remove all the other modes and enable only DM" because "it is easier to be programed [sic]", they did it because they're running a test.

It has been mentioned in a number of places. There have been a ton of threads all over the forums since the change was announced.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Chaosball 17%
    Crazy King 17%
    Domination 17%
    Capture the Relic 16%

Honestly, I would have just liked Deathmatch to happen at all with the previous queue. Way too many Capture the Relics, about the same combined of the two flag games, one Chaosball, zero Deathmatches. Over multiple nights, no Deathmatches.

And people wondered why - and got mad at - the objective games kept getting turned into Deathmatches. When the mode doesn't happen at all people are gonna make it happen.
  • Einstein_
    Einstein_
    ✭✭✭
    DM only is the best change ZoS ever did to BGs. if you dont like pvp dont play BGs.

Objectiv games are exactly liek this:
    Players have to be able to choose what to play. 33% DM means 66% of games will be objective modes which all play the same, try to avoid combat as much as possible to win. Please stop suggesting a Random Only queue with percentages that favor your preferred playstyle of running away from opponents.

the only thing that might make it better is:
    - make 4v4 instead of 4v4v4
    - make a better mmr/ranking system (so not the one who playes the most wins, but the one who plays best)
    - give better rewards for ranking
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    renne wrote: »

Chaosball 17%
    Crazy King 17%
    Domination 17%
    Capture the Relic 16%

Honestly, I would have just liked Deathmatch to happen at all with the previous queue. Way too many Capture the Relics, about the same combined of the two flag games, one Chaosball, zero Deathmatches. Over multiple nights, no Deathmatches.

And people wondered why - and got mad at - the objective games kept getting turned into Deathmatches. When the mode doesn't happen at all people are gonna make it happen.

Exactly. People see that there are 5 modes, and think that if you play 5 games you should get 1 deathmatch at least. Statistically though, there's actually almost a 33% chance we don't get any deathmatches in 5 games (binomial probability with 20% chance of getting deathmatch). If we double the probability of deathmatch, then the chance of getting 0 in 5 drops to 13.5%.

Chaosball 17%
    Crazy King 17%
    Domination 17%
    Capture the Relic 16%
    No.

Jackey wrote: »
    Being able to choose would be good, wouldn't it?

Yes being able to choose would be good. Since ZOS doesn't appear to want to do that I was trying to make a suggestion to better appease everyone. No need to be an ass about it.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Einstein_ wrote: »
    if you dont like pvp dont play BGs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergo_decedo
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    renne wrote: »
    Poor choice from ZoS to remove all the other modes and enable only DM. I guess this was done as it is easier to be programed. The issue is that now players will be mad each other in the forums and the community will be divided.
    Why was this late change and so rushed? Maybe because of upcoming new MMO launch soon?

No, it's a test. They didn't "remove all the other modes and enable only DM" because "it is easier to be programed [sic]", they did it because they're running a test.

It has been mentioned in a number of places. There have been a ton of threads all over the forums since the change was announced.

I am almost sure that they removed it not to test anything but because this was the fastest way to address the complain from the ppl that they want DM queue. Once they are ready with the queue system they will bring the mode selection.
    Because I can!