The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Congratulations. ZOS killed all enjoyment out of BGs

DavGlen
DavGlen
✭✭✭
I actually enjoyed objective-themed BGs. Tried a few DM games today and it was absolutely disgusting - nothing but premades deathballing through the map and winning in 3 minutes with almost 500-0-0 scores.

[snip]

So long, battlegrounds. You will be missed.

[edited for baiting]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 24 September 2021 17:44
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DavGlen wrote: »
    I actually enjoyed objective-themed BGs. Tried a few DM games today and it was absolutely disgusting - nothing but premades deathballing through the map and winning in 3 minutes with almost 500-0-0 scores.

[snip]

Did you try solo queue?

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 24 September 2021 17:46
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no premades in the solo queue.
  • DavGlen
    DavGlen
    ✭✭✭
    It's the same thing. Matches last 5 more minutes in solo queue. The only thing you see is hrothgars, DC, dawnbreaker of smiting, whirling blades. There is just no skill involved anymore, just pressing the same 2 buttons and one-shotting everyone fighting mindlessly in AoE shitstorms until one team eventually wins.

If that's fun for you, I'm glad and I hope you get to have your fun. But that's a big nope for me.
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record, death match is the event I excel the most at, but it’s also the least fun for me. Probably won’t be playing as much until the other match types come back…
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Poor choice from ZoS to remove all the other modes and enable only DM. I guess this was done as it is easier to be programed. The issue is that now players will be mad each other in the forums and the community will be divided.
    Why was this late change and so rushed? Maybe because of upcoming new MMO launch soon?
    Because I can!
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

I was saying it would take a week for people to realize how garbage BGs with deathmatch only would be but 1 day, that must be a record.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 24 September 2021 17:44
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah yeah yeah :D the people that like running around and standing at flags will now complain, while the deathmatch fans will be quiet because they are enjoying guess what? Deathmatch BGs lol
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

Agreed.
    Shocking decision

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 24 September 2021 17:45
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • DavGlen
    DavGlen
    ✭✭✭
    Merforum wrote: »
    I was saying it would take a week for people to realize how garbage BGs with deathmatch only would be but 1 day, that must be a record.

To be fair I've seen people foreseeing this since it was announced. And it is as bad as I thought it would be.
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Killing is nice but i can get nice score on objective matches too and its always easier than in deathmatch you can farm players while doing objective.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I played 8 matches in a row last night. Had a great time. First time I could truly enjoy BGs in a long while.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    I played 8 matches in a row last night. Had a great time. First time I could truly enjoy BGs in a long while.

Same
    Because I can!
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there more or less players now? I noticed many have low CPs and the average skills on EU have been lowered significantly.
  • AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I waited for 20 minutes for solo Q and it didn't pop. Logged out.

This was at 5 p.m. PST - so prime time.
    Edited by AScarlato on 21 September 2021 17:42
  • DavGlen
    DavGlen
    ✭✭✭

This is why I think DM players should have their own queue so you guys can enjoy your highly skilled AoE mindless spamfest in peace.

And for the rest of us who actually want to play something that requires at least our monitor to be turned on, to have our own queue with all the objective modes and without DM.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be fine with :

Deathmatch group queue (even if i'm solo 70% of the time)
    Objective solo queue (where i'd never set foot)

Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • DavGlen
    DavGlen
    ✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    I would be fine with :

Nope. Stop with the forced solo queue option for objective players.

Or stop with the "forced", period.

If I want to be able to queue for a random objective-based BG on my own, I should be able to.

If I want to grab a friend and queue for a random objective-based BG, we should be able to.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve said it in another thread but this change has a huge effect on below 50BGs. When there were several different modes, new players or those leveling up alts had a chance of winning.

Now all the below 50BGs are a lottery and if one of the other teams is a preformed team of sweaties with gold gear for every ten levels then you lose.

What a way to ruin the fun. Nice one ZOS.

• propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My daughter occasionally asks me to queue with her so she can get alliance points. Unlike me, she detests pvp, but it’s not a problem in battlegrounds because the chances of getting a Death Match are pretty slim, and she actually enjoys having me help her try to win it for our team strategically.

Oh well… not happening till this experiment is over, I guess…

• auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the same thing. Matches last 5 more minutes in solo queue. The only thing you see is hrothgars, DC, dawnbreaker of smiting, whirling blades. There is just no skill involved anymore, just pressing the same 2 buttons and one-shotting everyone fighting mindlessly in AoE shitstorms until one team eventually wins.

If that's fun for you, I'm glad and I hope you get to have your fun. But that's a big nope for me.

Sounds like a player problem more than game mode. Could blame the overturned proc meta by zos. Not sure how you can complain about a lack of skill from competitors and being blown up in 2 seconds at the same time. I agree the procs are well overturned and abusing the meta is not hard at the moment. But surely even just surviving and fighting in a death match has got to take more skill than running to the nearest empty flag over and over.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RevJJ wrote: »
    I’ve said it in another thread but this change has a huge effect on below 50BGs. When there were several different modes, new players or those leveling up alts had a chance of winning.

Now all the below 50BGs are a lottery and if one of the other teams is a preformed team of sweaties with gold gear for every ten levels then you lose.

Run in the solo queue. There are literally zero preformed teams in the solo queue.
  • DavGlen
    DavGlen
    ✭✭✭
    auz wrote: »
    Sounds like a player problem more than game mode. Could blame the overturned proc meta by zos. Not sure how you can complain about a lack of skill from competitors and being blown up in 2 seconds at the same time. I agree the procs are well overturned and abusing the meta is not hard at the moment. But surely even just surviving and fighting in a death match has got to take more skill than running to the nearest empty flag over and over.

It does not.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Run in the solo queue. There are literally zero preformed teams in the solo queue.

And also 30+ min waiting times because barely anyone uses the solo queue as it’s not the default option.
  • auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭

It does not.

It does.
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played few yesterday, such a big fun, as a melee char i've spent half of my time evading Dark Convergence, as soon I was in range of someone the ground became purple and I had to block or roll away.

Such skillfull and enjoyable gameplay.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    I would be fine with :

Nope. Stop with the forced solo queue option for objective players.

Or stop with the "forced", period.

If I want to be able to queue for a random objective-based BG on my own, I should be able to.

If I want to grab a friend and queue for a random objective-based BG, we should be able to.

If you want to split "your" player-base, sure, have 2 objectives queues.

I know i'd prefer "my" deathmatches with a single queue and shorter queue time.
    Edited by Aznox on 22 September 2021 07:05
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • DavGlen
    DavGlen
    ✭✭✭
    It does.

It really doesn't.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

And also 30+ min waiting times because barely anyone uses the solo queue as it’s not the default option.

The solo queue pops for me within 5 minutes every single time I run BGs.
  • Malprave
    Malprave
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enjoying death match again! But I hope people that want to play objective get their own queue back. I don’t see what was wrong with it before. DM or Objective players aren’t going to play game types they don’t like, they’ll just quit. When I found I couldn’t queue for DM I just stopped playing battlegrounds. I think what we have here are two low population groups that just don’t want to be forcibly merged even if it means getting a game faster.