The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Please share why you/your guild isn’t playing the new Ravenwatch no proc/hammer/cp campaign?

• Atrael7
    Atrael7
    ✭✭✭
    I think the proc scaling changes ZoS made balanced/nerfed proc sets so they were no longer and issue and the no proc set campaign Ravenwatch wasn’t necessary. It was a good idea before the proc scaling, but I feel like most players I have talked to would agree the scaling fixed the major issues.

I'm of the same opinion. Procs were out of control before the proc scaling changes, all your recaps used to be some combination of Syvarra's, Crimson, Hunter's/Sheer Venom, Frenzied Momentum, Caluurion's, Oblivion's Foe, Vate Destro beam etc. etc. It was not uncommon to not even have a single skill listed in your recaps. Proc scaling changes cut down on a lot of that kind of thing. This patch they even gave more access to spell damage for magicka with medium armor to give them an easier time of hitting those Spell Damage scaling cap numbers.

Procs after scaling changes were in a much healthier place in the last patch, imo. You didn't see nearly as much of them around because they were just not as effective. So the return of no proc just feels kinda off and late to the party for me, personally.
    However, fast forward to the current meta. The new proc sets are like proc set cancer 2.0 and take no skill to run.

I agree with this point as well. The new sets are worse than what we had to deal with pre-proc scaling proc fiesta. They're so strong and so easy to use that they seem to be everywhere in CP right now. Hopefully they'll be keeping an eye on them and do some rebalancing before the end of the year.

As for me, I gave up on Ravenwatch because of two main reasons:

1) I'm tired of my builds working one patch but not the next. It's too much jumping through hoops constantly, collecting gear and upgrading it just to be denied its' use a couple months later. As someone who enjoys all the PVP content in the game (Cyrodiil, IC and BGs), it's too much to make and update builds for each of those environments all the time on multiple characters.

2) Class imbalance is only made more obvious in no proc, and as someone else pointed out, hoping that those imbalances will be addressed given the myriad of rulesets and environments they have to take into account is a pipe dream. Some classes are just naturally going to disappear from Ravenwatch while others will be dominant as a result, which is a shame.

• JingoJango046
    Welcome back to all those that came back to EU Ravenwatch. It was a pleasure to see so many of you.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC:NA Ravenwatch was pretty fantastic tonight with pop-locked DC and AD and the return of several guilds and notable players.

Still need more of an EP presence to round things out but the campaign feels as though it's moving in the right direction!
  • sandblack
    sandblack
    ✭✭
    PC eu, got wrecked. The ballgroups are back and so is the lag :P
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I will try PC NA at campaign reset.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravenwatch PC EU saw HUGE fights yesterday, and the performance was good (people got kicked from the game all the time, but it's okay, as long as you can rejoin without the queue),

Given the sheer numbers involved, it should be safe to say that it is Europe's main campaign again.

That the American Ravenwatch is empty is probably more a tradition than anything else - NoCP PvP, proc sets or no, has always been less popular there.
    Edited by Thraben on 12 September 2021 08:37
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Qrähe
    Qrähe
    ✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    Ravenwatch PC EU saw HUGE fights yesterday, and the performance was good (people got kicked from the game all the time, but it's okay, as long as you can rejoin without the queue),

Given the sheer numbers involved, it should be safe to say that it is Europe's main campaign again.

That the American Ravenwatch is empty is probably more a tradition than anything else - NoCP PvP, proc sets or no, has always been less popular there.

NA had big fights Friday and Saturday. I was earning midyear mayhem levels of AP just due to the sheer number of fights. EP was lacking but other than that it was good.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

NA has seen a big jump in population over this last week.

I think that people are finally catching on that it's a safe haven from the cheese currently going down on Grey Host.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NA has seen a big jump in population over this last week.

I think that people are finally catching on that it's a safe haven from the cheese currently going down on Grey Host.

We just need to get some EP in there to balance out the AD
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where is the full list of allowed sets ?
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andre_Noir wrote: »
    Where is the full list of allowed sets ?

The list of sets that do not work might be a better request? :wink:

For real though - there's quite a lot more sets working than last time.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am going to be bringing my Pact healer there asap. My DC is still faction-locked to Greyhost. I am not happy about respeccing/building them again if I want to no-proc/no-cp. Most of my PVP-able characters are DC (breton/orc yay). Then some AD (khajiits/wood elf). My Pact PVE argonian warden healer will be easier to respecc/rebuild and especially because she can use her betty netch in no-proc pvp whereas in plaguebreak pvp she is broken. I also have Pact darkelf vampire stamcro but she is more for soloing instead of siege warfare. Hoping to see more Pact there.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP is preventing a lot of people from running no proc.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

People should just take the jump and not look back. Anything is better than the toxicity of the CP campaigns right now.

After playing for a full campaign or two they'll wonder why they ever cared about CP in the first place.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It shouldn't.

No CP is not nearly the dramatic difference it used to be as it was pre CP 2.0 when the stat pools were much smaller and people weren't given 1000 free spell / weapon damage. I'm surprised there wasn't much uproar from no CP folks when ZOS did this as it made everyone's base stats the same in no CP or CP, not to mention made things like stamina management for mag characters trivial.

The gameplay between the two systems is not nearly as different as it used to be. Though perhaps old perceptions still exist.
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    After playing for a full campaign or two they'll wonder why they ever cared about CP in the first place.
    Because you like or not but all recovery, stats and damage balanced around cp. So this makes an abyss between stamina amd magicka same as necrowarden and rest even deeper. Nocp in a nutshell is a tank festa where is no enough sustain to kill them
  • Einstein_
    Einstein_
    ✭✭✭
    90 % of the pop uses Pariah+smt....everybody is supertanky with no DMG
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing on Ravenwatch PC/EU I disagree, if anything there is a damage meta.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it is 1-bar dead on PC-NA during my play time, whereas GrayHost is pop-locked.

Also it... isn't that fun. Things like Hrothgar are a problem on GrayHost, but I would rather ZOS adjust the problem sets rather than take away most of my set options. Also you lose your CP customization.

So I really can't see LESS theory crafting as being more entertaining. How is it more fun to remove options?
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how is it looking PC-NA for EP? I need to decide if I'm switching over or staying in Grayhost for this campaign.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soraka wrote: »
    So how is it looking PC-NA for EP? I need to decide if I'm switching over or staying in Grayhost for this campaign.

It's the smallest faction right now but many of the new Ravenwatch players are EP so their numbers are increasing.

Over the last two weeks or so they're usually 2 bars or 3 bars at prime time. AD is always locked while DC ranges from 2 to locked.

EP has at least one very good ball group and it has much more than its fair share of small-group and 1vX'ers.