Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Terminology and Abbreviations - Explained for You!

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Super impressive stuff, @oterWitz . Also special thanks to @vsrs_au for the message and @AcadianPaladin for tagging, letting us know about this amazing terminology bank. This will help a lot of players!

We've changed the location to the player guides section, but this is now a sticky thread for others to reference.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @ZoS_Kevin o:)

And big props to @vsrs_au and @AcadianPaladin for asking to get this thread stickied, and thanks to everyone who has suggested things to add. Keep them coming :)
    PC NA
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any idea what GCD means? A recent thread on light attack weaving used it 3 times, but I couldn't figure out what it meant, even from the thread's context.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GCD = Global Cool Down, the delay between actions like attacks/spells. It is 1 second but there are exceptions (like light attacks).
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on 5 December 2021 00:50
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It seems there's been recent changes in the use of the term World Boss vs Group Boss.

Discussion here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/592985/endeavor-kill-1-group-boss

Perhaps an explanatory note should be added to this thread?
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    Chat, Group, and General Terms
    hi there, i didn't see these particular abbreviations listed yet but maybe add 'ngl' = Not gonna lie ....and... 'tbh' , 'tbqh' = To be honest , To be quite honest

There was a player using the 'ngl' phrase a lot today during PVP and it caused some...issues lol ( cuz some people had no idea what 'ngl' actually meant) . Anyways, cool thread!

Edited by NeeScrolls on 7 December 2021 00:57
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the recent comments everyone, I'm glad people are still finding this thread helpful. I'll work on getting these latest terms added. Keep the questions and comments coming :)
    PC NA
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jesus beam is Radiant Destruction not power of the light.

Shalks also gets called "Bugs" :)
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jesus beam is Radiant Destruction not power of the light.

Shalks also gets called "Bugs" :)

Thanks for that, Templar is still my least played class because the visuals are hard on my eyes B)
    PC NA
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel like an idiot asking this, but what exactly is the sticker book? I read the description in page 1 of this thread, but found it a bit confusing. Is there a sticker book menu or page somewhere in the ESO UI?
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The UI for your ‘stickerbook’ is found by opening your Collections menu. Then click the right most symbol along the top to your ‘Set Items’. That is your stickerbook. It can show you which sets you have ‘collected’ by geographic area (zones, dungeons, etc). The value of having collected an item is that it allows you to craft that item at a reconstitute station for transmute gems. The more pieces of a particular set you have collected, the lower the reconstruction cost is. Once an item is collected, you no longer need to hold on to it so it can also help free up bank space for hard to find set pieces. Hope this helps!
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The UI for your ‘stickerbook’ is found by opening your Collections menu. Then click the right most symbol along the top to your ‘Set Items’. That is your stickerbook. It can show you which sets you have ‘collected’ by geographic area (zones, dungeons, etc). The value of having collected an item is that it allows you to craft that item at a reconstitute station for transmute gems. The more pieces of a particular set you have collected, the lower the reconstruction cost is. Once an item is collected, you no longer need to hold on to it so it can also help free up bank space for hard to find set pieces. Hope this helps!
    Yes, it does clarify a lot, thanks. So those messages I get sometimes, when I destroy an item in my inventory, about it being added to collections, that's just saying it was added to the sticker book?
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    [ So those messages I get sometimes, when I destroy an item in my inventory, about it being added to collections, that's just saying it was added to the sticker book?
    Correct , although i've always just equipped the armor item first before deleting it (or deconstructing it) .
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This project is amazing. Could also add AWA for the recent account wide achievements, if you haven't already.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've added a few terms to update this guide for the High Isle Chapter, as well as the suggestions from the above posts (hopefully the Stickerbook entry is clearer and more helpful now, thank you guys).

As always, feel free to post with suggestions or questions. In particular, I'm expecting the Item Set Abbreviations section to need updates, so if you see a popular new set getting abbreviated or shortened often, let me know and I'll add it.
    PC NA
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just looking at a thread and wondering what a "ball group" and a "zerg" were and thinking there should be a sticky thread for abbreviations and terms in this game. Lo and behold, here it is! This is great! Thanks for all the hard work!