The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Endeavor: kill 1 group boss

vgabor
vgabor
✭✭✭✭✭
What counts as group boss? Because apparently group dungeon bosses aren't...

@ZOS_Kevin
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group bosses are the bosses that award skill points in Public Dungeons.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah should of called it group event boss.
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    for some reason world bosses

Edit: I'm lazy.
    The werewolfs at glenumbra next to the dolmen was working fine. I thought last time, that may be dungeon boss will work to, but as i said i'm lazy...
    Edited by ghost_bg_ESO on December 6, 2021 8:00PM
  • PullaStormy
    PullaStormy
    ✭✭✭
    I think ZoS had an identity crisis for if the zone bosses should be called World Bosses or Group Bosses, because when I picked up ESO in 2016, the bosses with 3 star difficulty that you encounter in zones were referred to as World Bosses in in-game tooltips etc, but nowadays they seem to have chose Group Boss - but this isn't made clear, and they still use both of these names in-game...

Group Boss = World Boss.
    PC-EU - Roleplayer, Quester, Crafter, Furnisher - Fashion Scrolls - 1400+ CP
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    World bosses are 'group bosses', not ones in public dungeons. I was confused too. Looked this topic up last night and found the answer.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The world boss is actually called group bosses apparently. I always called them world bosses.
  • WildLight
    WildLight
    ✭✭✭
    The weirdest part is that particular endeavour used to say "Kill X World Boss(es)" until recently. Because, well, you know, those types of enemies has been known as World Bosses since the beginning of times. The reason behind this change is anybody's guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The term World Boss wasn't a problem. They changed it to Group Boss and created a problem that didn't exist before. Why? I'm sure they have their reasons, but they are beyond my understanding.

They could call it "Overland Group Boss" or "Public Dungeon Group Event Boss" or something much more specific. The term "group" may have a specific meaning to the dev team, but the players don't use dev terminology on a daily basis.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ZoS had an identity crisis for if the zone bosses should be called World Bosses or Group Bosses, because when I picked up ESO in 2016, the bosses with 3 star difficulty that you encounter in zones were referred to as World Bosses in in-game tooltips etc, but nowadays they seem to have chose Group Boss - but this isn't made clear, and they still use both of these names in-game...

Group Boss = World Boss.
    World bosses it the overland bosses with 1.8M hp outside of dlc, group event bosses it the far easier ones with <300K hp.
    Dragons and harrow storms are dolmens even if normal trial level content, dolmens are baseline public dungeon level hard.
    Newer public dungeon group bosses are much harder as in original world bosses entry level normal dungeons.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The last time it said "Group Boss" I soloed a world boss and did not get the endeavor. I then went to Craglorn and did a Nirncrux mine. A second player came along while the final boss was up. When it was down, I got the endeavor completion. Today, I went and soloed two Nirncrux mines in Craglorn. Neither one completed the endeavor. Turns out, the "group" part is meant to be loosely literal. i.e. at least 2 or more players fighting the same boss at the same time.

Instead of X world bosses and players going out and soloing them, they either changed it or have added "group bosses" so that players will at least work together on the same boss even if they are not grouped.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whichever it is they need to pick one, define it well and stop confusing the hell out of people.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it is confusing.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I killed a Group Dungeon Boss and this endeavor popped.

A Public Dungeon Group Event Boss did not.

I do kind of wish they used better terminology as it can be confusing how they word some of these endeavors.
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think world boss is a common term from the community. I think the game itself does not use this term, at least in the hints at the loadscreens.
    Instead it says something like "some enemies might be too strong for your current level, so a valid strategy is to retreat and try again later".

If you google for "eso worldboss" you will get no official elder scrolls site in the results on the first pages, another indicator that this is "slang".
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was badly worded in the recent set of endevours. A group boss is usually the group boss of a public dungeon. But what they actually meant was a World Boss. Had to do both to find out, and on a timer before the maintenance brought the server down with 2 minutes to spare.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    M0ntie wrote: »
    This was badly worded in the recent set of endevours. A group boss is usually the group boss of a public dungeon. But what they actually meant was a World Boss. Had to do both to find out, and on a timer before the maintenance brought the server down with 2 minutes to spare.

This sort of stuff should be clear and obvious. I think even Zenimax calls WBs world bosses.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killing a "world" boss should give you credit for the endeavor. You should not need to be with other players at the time.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!