The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Xbox Console Enhanced Brightness Resetting

• npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have their Xbox connected through a receiver? I had it set up that way and changed it to a direct connection from Xbox to TV and seeing how that works...

Mine goes direct, the issue is that the game seems to b saving the screen setting in a part of the memory that is emptied or over written when the game is exited, it started with the console enhanced patch.
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • D14_Diabolos
    D14_Diabolos
    ✭✭✭
    This is still very much an issue - only if you change from Performance mode to Quality and restart the game, does it keep the settings. Meaning you need to remember to change to Quality mode every time you're about to close the game.

• npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for all of your reports everyone. We wanted to let you know that we are aware of this brightness issue on Xbox and we are working on a fix.

Thank you for your patience and we will let you know when a new update is available!

Any word on when we there will be a fix on this, we are past the 6 month mark now.
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_Adrikoth Tagging you both since you have been so kind as to chime in previously - to confirm, this issue still persists. I know BillE asked if this was fixed with the HDR update, but it was not. It seems to have no common denominator with settings, TV connection, HDR or not.

If I can assist with troubleshooting from a technical perspective since I am experiencing the problem still, I am happy to help. Thank you, and I appreciate any update you can provide.
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    It's still problem for me as well. Even worst now that I have a TV that uses the HDR10 thingy.
  • Garwoofoo
    Garwoofoo
    Soul Shriven
    I stopped playing the game months ago because of this issue. Too damn dark to see where I was going most of the time and constantly having to play with the brightness settings because they kept resetting.

If it ever gets fixed then I'll consider returning but six months to resolve an issue like this is frankly ridiculous.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have this issue too. It’s very annoying having to always change the display in setting everytime I log in on my series X. Did not have this issue on my One X
  • frosty_117360
    frosty_117360
    ✭✭
    This is still an issue and it's an absolute joke that it's not been fixed yet.
  • colossusx
    colossusx
    ✭✭
    Please fix this is such a pain. I play everyday and every day I gotta switch the video settings.
  • darrencp22
    darrencp22
    Soul Shriven
    Lol. I haven’t played in months but reading this is STILL an issue. What *** support. But guess what? They’re going to sell us more DLC! Great! Nope… you lost me.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    darrencp22 wrote: »
    Lol. I haven’t played in months but reading this is STILL an issue. What *** support. But guess what? They’re going to sell us more DLC! Great! Nope… you lost me.

Yeh, it's still not fixed

Crazy how long it's been an issue.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is still happening to me every time I start the game I need to go to my video options turn on HDR and adjust brightness.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This has been happening for a year or so now. Pretty sure its every Series S/X at the minimum maybe all console users really a inconvenience to need to adjust HDR and Brightness on every log in for over 300 days.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • colossusx
    colossusx
    ✭✭
    When is this going to get fixed? This issue requires setting something every time we log into the game. Any updates on this would be greatly appreciated.

Communication is the key to success!
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    colossusx wrote: »
    When is this going to get fixed? This issue requires setting something every time we log into the game. Any updates on this would be greatly appreciated.

Communication is the key to success!

Yeah I agree, this has gone on too long with no reply as to when it's getting patched. I keep putting tickets in, but all I get is that they are working on it.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    There has yet to be an acknowledgement by Devs that they are working on this. It would go a long way if someone were to just communicate and let us know that this is, in fact an issue they recognize.

I also noticed it happens more often when I have to force close the game because chat isn't working, or something glitches.
  • Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is very frustrating that ZOS/Bethesda expect us to keep spending money on expansions (High Isle) when they will not fix this obvious well known issue. Brightness and HDR still are not working as intended compared to every other game and all of the screen settings reset after logout and must be readjusted with each login. I can appreciate that they are busy, but there is not even a mention of this issue on any of the PTS patch notes or upcoming patch notes.

Can someone from ZOS confirm if this issue is being worked on and will it be ready for the next big patch?

Thank you
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just got a Series X Xbox for my birthday.

And now every time I start the game I have to fix my brightness setting.

Definitely still broken @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_GinaBruno .
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭
    We have the same issue on all 3 of our machines, 2x S's and 1x X. It's Been like it for months now, the game does not remember previous settings
    Edited by DreadKnight on 29 March 2022 08:30
  • Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭
    azjuwelz wrote: »
    Just got a Series X Xbox for my birthday.

And now every time I start the game I have to fix my brightness setting.

Definitely still broken @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_GinaBruno .

This is still a very present and frustrating issue. What is more frustrating is ZOS's lack of response, which seems to be the norm now.

The only work around that works is keeping it on fidelity and all settings will save. I just play on that setting now, so I do not need to change the settings with every log in.
  • D14_Diabolos
    D14_Diabolos
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm as well that this is still an issue. You need to change to Fidelity mode in order store the Brightness, HDR brightness and HDR Mode settings. If you change back to Performace, it loses the settings when you close the game. At the moment you need to juggle between Fidelity and Performance = change to Fidelity before you close the game, change back to Performance after you start the game.
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_ConnorG

Can someone at ZOS please give us an update on this issue with the Xbox Series. We are now into a new chapter, with a new update with no one communicating with those with this issue.

It would nice to have some open dialog on this problem, and discuss what is being done or at least even looked into for a fix for this problem. Creating tickets, and getting treated from support like the issue is on our side is starting to get old.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    I had everything crossed that it would be fixed with this update too
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brightness resets every load screen, including title screen. Was an issue a while back, was fixed, now same issue with this new patch.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All,

Wanted to provide an update on this. We are aware of the issue regarding the brightness resetting and investigating the cause. Would those who have experienced this issue note the following:
    • Are you playing on Xbox Series X or S?
    • Are you loadings ESO through Gamepass or an individual install?
    • Are you playing on fidelity or performance mode when you encounter the issue? Or is it both?
    • Are there any other visual settings turned on or off?
    • What kind of TV are you playing on?

Looking to see if there is anything else that could be triggering the change in settings each time. We'll pass this feedback to the dev team to take a look. Thanks, everyone.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on 8 April 2022 16:12
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All,

Wanted to provide an update on this. We are aware of the issue regarding the brightness resetting and investigating the cause. Would those who have experienced this issue note the following:
    • Are you playing on fidelity or performance mode when you encounter the issue? Or is it both?

Looking to see if there is anything else that could be triggering the change in settings each time. We'll pass this feedback to the dev team to take a look. Thanks, everyone.

Hi Kevin,

Hope the following helps?

1) xbox series x
    2) individual install (playing from disk)
    3) performance
    4) At first the settings remained the same on the xbox before the enhanced version came out. After the brightness issues had to go change some color settings on both the xbox and the tv just to be able to see the the game better. The issue now is other games look way too bright, washed out, and watching anything tv related other than playing ESO is very brightly lit. (This is if I keep the tv on “game” setting)
    5) Toshiba Cast TV 49L621U
    Edited by MoMo_Blend on 12 April 2022 15:01
  • Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi All,

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Much appreciated.

-Xbox Series X
    -Own digital game
    -Only occurs in performance mode for me. Fidelity seems to keep all of the settings, so I play on that mode.
    -No other settings turned off
    -LG CX 77"

Hope that helps.

On a side note if you look at my other posts can you comment on the invisible weapon issue and the upgrade station issue that I posted about? They are rather annoying issues. Thank you
  • Voidnova
    Voidnova
    ✭✭
    Hi All,

1. Xbox series X
    2. An individual install (Digital download)
    3. Performance mode
    4. No other settings are turned off
    5. Samsung Q80T

I hope this can get fixed soon. This issue has persisted way to long and having to change my HDR settings to vibrant and adjust the HDR brightness every time I start the game is becoming beyond annoying. More so when it’s been months since this was first reported and now with multiple replies of it being forwarded to the dev team
    Blood for the pact!
  • DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭
    me: x series x
    Digital download
    performance mode
    additional enhanced mode
    Samsung Q90R

my son and wife are on series x s
    performance mode
    both digital downloads
    both are using Sony 4k's, I don't have the model numbers

We all have the same issues, the game doesn't remember our settings. For me it's the additional enhanced mode, for my wife and son it's the brightness settings.
  • colossusx
    colossusx
    ✭✭
    Hi All,

The issue is with being in performance mode and having to change the HDR Settings to vibrant and adjust the HDR brightness every time I log in.

Xbox Series X
    Individual Install ( I am a gamepass ultimate subscriber)
    Performance Mode.
    No other settings turned off
    Sony X950H 4k UHD 2020 model

The other thing I noticed is that if I log into my series S in the other room which is not on a 4k tv then log out and go into my room with my series X my video settings change from performance to fidelity but I imagine/assume that is because the video settings are saved on my profile and not the console. Separate issue though.
    Edited by colossusx on 12 April 2022 18:23