The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox Console Enhanced Brightness Resetting

• MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    npuk wrote: »
    Still not fixed after yesterday's patch

Yep, same here...

I've just given up asking anymore. Doesn't look like they know what the solution is to fix it on their end. It would be nice to know why this is not just a simple fix?

To add to this, after the update I just keep crashing every 5-10 minutes in the game. The answer was to once again uninstall and reinstall the game. If I have to do this one more time of uninstalling due to patches I may just just say the heck with it and never install it again. I don't know what else to do?
    Edited by MoMo_Blend on 12 October 2021 11:27
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Between this and the Deathmatch only BGs(because there isn't any objectives or tact to Deathmatch), the game has gotten very unenjoyable for me unfortunately. I have to fix brightness settings all the time.
    Edited by Texecutioner187 on 23 September 2021 17:53
  • derpymcsquirtle
    Having same issue, brightness still resetting and hdr always defaults to “normal” every time I log in fresh or after one of the many crashes I’m having recently
  • Lnin0
    Lnin0
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. Xbox Series X was having this problem since they introduced the standard vs vivid hdr option.
  • azurskye
    azurskye
    Same issue here on Series X - on tops of all the crashes since last update I am looking for something else to do with my free time at this point lol
  • D14_Diabolos
    D14_Diabolos
    ✭✭✭
    Quickly noting here just in case it hasn't been brought up yet.

The Brightness, HDR Brightness and HDR Mode reset only in Performance mode.

In Fidelity mode they seem to 'stick' when starting the game again. But the moment you change back to Performance and start the game again, they reset yet again.

So instead re-doing the Video settings every time I start the game, I try to remember to go Fidelity mode before I close the game and when I start the game I turn it back to Performance. Obviously constant crashing messes this up as well.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭

In Fidelity mode they seem to 'stick' when starting the game again. But the moment you change back to Performance and start the game again, they reset yet again.

So instead re-doing the Video settings every time I start the game, I try to remember to go Fidelity mode before I close the game and when I start the game I turn it back to Performance. Obviously constant crashing messes this up as well.

Must be why I don't see the issue, I run in Fidelity all the time.

A friend told me they saw on Reddit that running in Fidelity also reduces the crashing to desktop issue. I do crash, but not as much as others.
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »

Must be why I don't see the issue, I run in Fidelity all the time.

A friend told me they saw on Reddit that running in Fidelity also reduces the crashing to desktop issue. I do crash, but not as much as others.

I switched over to the fidelity mode and it still had crashes. However, I noticed that the crashes didn't happen as often though.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    In today's Update 31 a new HDR mode was added. This can find under the Video Options panel where it can be enabled.

Does having this new option for HDR enabled help with the issue?
    I don’t have the HDR settings available to me because I do t have an HDR tv. I still have to turn up the brightness all the time and it is super annoying when I DC constantly.
  • D14_Diabolos
    D14_Diabolos
    ✭✭✭
    The latest patch has not fixed this issue - Brightness, HDR Brightness and HDR Mode still reset after closing the game in Performance mode.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    This is still an issue,
    Thanks so much for all of your reports everyone. We wanted to let you know that we are aware of this brightness issue on Xbox and we are working on a fix.

Thank you for your patience and we will let you know when a new update is available!

Since the patch on 6/10/21, I can set my brightness on my account, swap to my alt account and my partners, back to mine, play another lite game and not loose any setting however, if I launch a few heavy games of get dashboarded /close ESO it looses the settings, it seems like the screen setting are being stored in the ram/jump back in part of the Xbox memory, moving it the save game data could be a workaround if this is something that could be done?
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking that they are having some serious support issues at the moment? This is the second time I got a fix for the wrong platform. Are they even reading the tickets anymore?
    fmo14ntv426e.jpg

• darrencp22
    darrencp22
    Soul Shriven
    I hate to sound mean but this issue has existed for many months and it’s beyond ridiculous that this hasn’t been fixed. It’s even worse when you remind yourself that Xbox is part of the same company as Zenimax/Bethesda now.
    Edited by darrencp22 on 12 October 2021 19:17
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    I keep getting a run around with support on this issue now. They have requested I uninstall the game along with the deleted save data after I have already told them twice that I’ve done this.

Now they want me to do a video of the issue and upload it on YouTube, like wth.

Please, please, please @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_BillE, @ZOS_Adrikoth, @ZOS_KaiSchober, @ZOS_AntonioP take a look at this issue and give us some updates on when this is getting fix. Getting no where submitting tickets on this issue. I think I’m 3 or 4 emails deep just today on ticket 211011-002740 (and I am very sorry for name dropping all of you. Just don’t know what else to do, and these generic support emails are getting us no where, but being upset.
  • darrencp22
    darrencp22
    Soul Shriven
    They don’t care
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somehow this issue has become even worse recently. Not only do the settings reset frequently but the game is now so dark for me no matter the brightness setting. The usual fixes of clearing saved files, clearing MAC address, etc. often don’t work. It is frustrating to play the game when you can’t see anything, particularly when it is night time in game.
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    I did get another response the other day. I have not heard back from since they emailed me this reply.
    yniizrgxz47b.jpg
  • darrencp22
    darrencp22
    Soul Shriven
    Unfortunately I found a “solution” for this. I got tired of this not being fixed and uninstalled the game. There’s plenty of other stuff to play.
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    So after 9 emails back and forth of uninstall, reinstall, delete game save data, switch Xboxes, switch gamertag, switch TV's. I get a reply that just has me shaking my head...

ALLLLLLLL of this wasted time to get this final reply. I am a very patience person, and enjoy helping debug stuff. However, being told that; Oh, after actually LOOKING at your ticket it seems we have been getting reports of this issue since Update 31 (noooooo, really??), and someone is trying to get it fixed in a future update. Why not just tell me that after the first email????? Why did I have waste hours on hours of uninstalling, reinstalling, delete save game, so on and so on? I have to pay to stay updated on a game that I play. I don't get paid to debug, and I definitely don't paid to go through endless hours of not being able to play a game I pay for monthly. The frustration of losing the amount of time doing what I did only to find out it was actually a real waste of time, good grief....
    s9fbk0l0kxta.jpg
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    MoMo_Blend wrote: »
    So after 9 emails back and forth of uninstall, reinstall, delete game save data, switch Xboxes, switch gamertag, switch TV's. I get a reply that just has me shaking my head...

ALLLLLLLL of this wasted time to get this final reply. I am a very patience person, and enjoy helping debug stuff. However, being told that; Oh, after actually LOOKING at your ticket it seems we have been getting reports of this issue since Update 31 (noooooo, really??), and someone is trying to get it fixed in a future update. Why not just tell me that after the first email????? Why did I have waste hours on hours of uninstalling, reinstalling, delete save game, so on and so on? I have to pay to stay updated on a game that I play. I don't get paid to debug, and I definitely don't paid to go through endless hours of not being able to play a game I pay for monthly. The frustration of losing the amount of time doing what I did only to find out it was actually a real waste of time, good grief....
    s9fbk0l0kxta.jpg

So being in IT, this is what I interpret from your information and your previous post...

It seems like their Tier 1 did all the vanilla troubleshooting, actually running you around in a circle because Tier 1 support is better geared for "How do I reset my password?" and entry level problems like that... then when they "sent to their superiors", i.e. Tier 2... Tier 2 came back and said "Yeah, we know this is a problem, we're working on it - thanks!"

This is a perfect example of when one hand doesn't know what the other is doing, and an even better example of how circular and scripted Tier 1 support can be.
  • ixmike
    ixmike
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is somewhat of a bummer. Happened the moment I played the Enhanced version on my Xbox Series S and changed it to 60fps mode. It's annoying having to reset the brightness every time you start a game, but I've since stopped doing that.

Thankfully, it isn't too much of a problem for me because:

a) I mostly play at night in the dark anyway.

b) playing the game in 60fps has impressed me, since I am not used to playing games at this framerate.

Xbox NA, DC NB.Gamertag: swampfoxix
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    I just started having an issue with my game being so dark. There are times when it's night in the game it's like I can't see at all. Also it'll look like it's dark and foggy but then I'll run forward and it'll get daytime and bright. I mean this time of year, it's kind of spooky and cool, but it just started yesterday. We have not adjusted our tv settings and everything is all up to date. Not sure what's going on with this. A bit of different issue, but All the other threads about it were closed but they left this one open.
    Xbox X- NA
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    Got on again today and at night it's really bad and I know it's never been where I can't see. I can't see squat in dungeons or inside places. Brightness is all the way up. I've tried turning off HDR.

zjrgrao9tcpf.jpg
    a0wjaylubkf4.jpg
    tc2qkphbz0hu.jpg
    Xbox X- NA
  • YuinaS
    YuinaS
    ✭✭✭
    Every time I open the game I have to keep adjusting my brightness slider towards the maxed-ish area where I had it before. I need to set this every time I open the game. How can I fix this?

Getting the same problem on both settings on Series S EU. Sure it only takes a few seconds to change it back, but why doesn't it remember the setting when it remembers everything else?
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    Still not fixed with update 32
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • frosty_117360
    frosty_117360
    ✭✭
    I am beyond baffled that this is STILL NOT FIXED! Month, after month, after patch, after excuse, I'm sick and tired of it. Makes me genuinely want to uninstall.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to have got darker...

vwd3faa61t9a.jpg
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    Same as the current postings, no fix with mine as well.
  • Voidnova
    Voidnova
    ✭✭
    I mean this issue can't be that hard to fix. I just think they don't bother fixing it since it's not a "Priority" issue
    Blood for the pact!
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have their Xbox connected through a receiver? I had it set up that way and changed it to a direct connection from Xbox to TV and seeing how that works...