The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PS4 Extremely Frustrating Bugs After Today's Patch

• Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    Only 26 days to go guys!!!

Only ??? It should been fixed allready.

BUNGiE released season 14 update 2.18 for Destiny 2 on 11th May, 2021.
    Issues and bugs for the release were patched yesterday, 13th May, 2021, in update 2.19.

Just sayin'.
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    Rikkadir wrote: »

Issues and bugs for the release were patched yesterday, 13th May, 2021, in update 2.19.

Just sayin'.

I was in for test now. Nothing is fixed, get Mail for items i sold but no gold in Mail. Craftbag still not working, so what do you say was fixed 13 may? New event i saw, its a joke add event and not fixing a broken game.
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just sayin'.

I would like to see someone explain to me why we can't get the same type of responsiveness to serious bugs.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Malpheus_Prime
    Malpheus_Prime
    ✭✭✭
    Because they are getting articles and publicity about their longevity, and frankly profitability.

https://www.mmorpg.com/news/esos-game-director-talks-mmos-success-and-future-in-new-interview-2000121971

• elijah12
    elijah12
    ✭✭
    Matt Firor said the only way eso will end is if the community says so. So that’s basically never because there’s so many players still coming in and still paying the monthly fees to play the game. Also I have a strong feeling that people don’t care enough to boycott this game so at the end of the day zos will keep getting away with doing stuff like this.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just sayin'.

I was in for test now. Nothing is fixed, get Mail for items i sold but no gold in Mail. Craftbag still not working, so what do you say was fixed 13 may? New event i saw, its a joke add event and not fixing a broken game.

They were talking about the game called Destiny by Bungie, not this game. You misread their post entirely.

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for your reports everyone, we wanted to let you know that we are currently investigating this issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Just fix the lag. Hire people who understand the issue. It beggars belief you don't take pride in your work, which is a shame because the writers have done a great job.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbox EU, yesterday (friday) evening.

I mostly play on NA meanwhile, but needed shimmering sand, so wanted to farm some worldbosses.

Waited half an hour, nobody showed up.

So I wondered and checked, if there are people in cyrodiil, or if it is empty there, too.

Result:

7pm:
    dWcpeN5.png

9pm:
    oEU7g4L.png

I have called EU "deserted" in the past, meanwhile I tend more to say: "surgery successfull, patient dead".
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    xbox EU, yesterday (friday) evening.

I mostly play on NA meanwhile, but needed shimmering sand, so wanted to farm some worldbosses.

Waited half an hour, nobody showed up.

So I wondered and checked, if there are people in cyrodiil, or if it is empty there, too.

Result:

7pm:
    dWcpeN5.png

9pm:
    oEU7g4L.png

I have called EU "deserted" in the past, meanwhile I tend more to say: "surgery successfull, patient dead".

I usually have loads of sold items from my five Guild Stores I belong to.
    The past few days I've had zero.
    The online players for each guild has fell dramatically, and I only do morning writs now.

Been playing 'Destiny 2', which runs perfectly, BTW. ;)
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elijah12 wrote: »
    Matt Firor said the only way eso will end is if the community says so. So that’s basically never because there’s so many players still coming in and still paying the monthly fees to play the game. Also I have a strong feeling that people don’t care enough to boycott this game so at the end of the day zos will keep getting away with doing stuff like this.

There will always be the case were ZOS is going to take the "ship now, we can fix it later" approach to things. I generally expect that the "fix it later" often becomes "fix it eventually", and "eventually" is a long time from now. The dedication to quality that I see from ZOS is a concern.

This time, I think that view turned and bit them. The real question is whether they get that, and if they do, is the bite hurtful enough that they actually change.

I still play ESO, buy the Chapters, and pay for ESO Plus because "bugs" and "bug fixes" only bother me when the game is totally broken for an extended period of time. What is happening now is not an "extended period of time", especially since I understand what is happening and why they cannot patch sooner. On top of that, the only bug that I even see on a daily basis is the one where the UI does not update when selling to vendors.

Deep down, I don't expect good quality from a game studio. I view them as "game developers" first and "software developers" second. I expect that on the latter, they will be thumb fingered and inept, which leads to bugs. They pour their heart and soul into the former, which makes stories great and everything all purdy-like. They may employ software developers, but I never feel like they want to get that part right. The studios rarely prove me wrong.

A sad statement, and one that is not getting any better as studios find a new master in "micro-transactions and monetization".
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS performance yesterday was terrible in Cyrodiil & overland, lag freezes, and skill/bar not firing at all. Logged off 10pm pst, nothing we could do.

New event update?
    Edited by Wolfpaw on 15 May 2021 15:17
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    PS performance yesterday was terrible in Cyrodiil & overland, lag freezes, and skill/bar not firing at all. Logged off 10pm pst, nothing we could do.

New event update?

@Wolfpaw

I’m on NA. I was having all these issues in pve. Got angry and logged off.

• Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

New event update?

@Wolfpaw

I’m on NA. I was having all these issues in pve. Got angry and logged off.

Same, NA PS.

I seen a few from the PC crowd mention the same, I'm going to assume it's this event...

Time to call Sony again.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on 15 May 2021 16:05
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have come back to this game after I think 4 years, mostly as a way to stay in touch with one of my sons who is deployed with the marines and one who lives across country. This game runs like absolute garbage, I thought it was bad 4 years ago and that's why I left in disgust but now????

Wow this game is absolute trash in quality.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

New event update?

Yeah, I had a problem on PC EU last night with skills not firing, or being slow to fire. The game was playable, but I did die once because my healing skill never fired.
  • Sega4life
    Sega4life
    ✭✭

Guild Store, when I try to sell items, I can not navigate through my items to sell through my guild store! Going in and out of the screen does not fix my problem with your link and solution provided!! Also my personal inventory, when I sell my items to a merchant, the item sold does not disappear, you see that you gained coins but items do no disappear until you leave screen. Can some one fix this for me? I have been having the same issue for a month, now!!
  • CynderzLite
    CynderzLite
    ✭✭✭
    Sega4life wrote: »
    Guild Store, when I try to sell items, I can not navigate through my items to sell through my guild store! Going in and out of the screen does not fix my problem with your link and solution provided!! Also my personal inventory, when I sell my items to a merchant, the item sold does not disappear, you see that you gained coins but items do no disappear until you leave screen. Can some one fix this for me? I have been having the same issue for a month, now!!

We all have if you look through the post that what all these comments are about
    ZOS’s last response was no fix until June 8th when the chapter drops! So we shall see...
    PSN ID CynderzLite GM of The Purple Gang NA PS4
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    They've been updating the Crown Store every week - what else do you wanna? :P
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭

ZOS’s last response was no fix until June 8th when the chapter drops! So we shall see...

So they have actually stated there will be a server side fix with the new Chapter? I'd love to see it, but I am skeptical. This is a group who censors posts because they get hurt feelings when people call them out for not delivering quality product.
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »

So they have actually stated there will be a server side fix with the new Chapter? I'd love to see it, but I am skeptical. This is a group who censors posts because they get hurt feelings when people call them out for not delivering quality product.

At moment this procukt is not what they sell. So much is broken or bugget. I hope it would be fixed tomorrow but guess it only be a wish. What i use this game for is it not possible for me to play and i dont like start game when i know how much there is broken in this game.
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Outside of combat/questing interacting with merchant or banker is the 2nd most common activity in the game. Sure, there is housing and gathering resources that eat up a large chunk of time for some but not everyone daily. ZOS really missed the mark in waiting to fix our current problems.

Believe the event was started because of how low the population is getting on console or at least PlayStation. Checked one of my guilds and only seen 3 people on counting me, never seen less then 30 before. Looked at another during prime time this weekend when several hundred are generally on and only about a 100 or so was playing.

The only thing I am doing is writs every day. June 8th really needs to be a huge success. If not, then it will be time to take a long break and re-evaluate to see if the game pulls me back in. Sure, ZOS will not miss me or the one number increase in their daily counts of players but after 6 years and over 10,000 hours in game I will miss it. Performance and customer support from ZOS are just becoming to much of a constant meme at this point for me to care anymore.

Sorry for being negative it’s just disheartened to care about ESO when ZOS don’t seem to care about its customer. Time for a break. See you June 8th.

Stay safe and enjoy the journey 😊

PS. ZOS stop the micromanagement of the green tree 🥺
  • Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great to see all this communication from Zos about the issue. Especially the better communication we were promised in the last Zos response to PS4 players... Thing is this is all horrible management. Whoever is prioritising pushing out dlc expansions and these long term changes to combat etc. and core game mechs doesn't probably understand games and is a business suit. Bottom line is bugs are ruining peoples experience, bugs not being fixed are amplifying that ten fold and making people not want to play. Less people playing means less business from sales in the crown store and returning players for expansions. But less players also makes other players quit the game. Nobody wants to fight the same guys constantly in Cyro or Battlegrounds or try put together a trial team with no reserves in case someone can't login when it's taking place. They say you'd be surprised who reads these forums, I hope that head of Xbox Phil Spencer or Microsoft studio manager Matt Booty reads these and plans to take action to make the game more reliable to work correctly and with less issues for everyone. At the end of the day people are not complaining here in this thread because they hate ESO or want ESO to fail. As paying customers and fans of the game we want and expect better and for a game that's life is constantly evolving and depends on fan support and spending money, I do not think that is too much to ask. So head of Xbox Phil Spencer or head of Microsoft studios Matt Booty, please bring ESO up to par with the top tier of mmorpg services.

P.S please get rid of this awful 3 months for updates and fixes stuff for ESO. I'd rather small updates every month that fix stuff rather than this tsunami of fixes that result in older bugs being reintroduced or the fixes not working and breaking other things.
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    624 replies in this post, 35k views and no response from community managers.
    This silence has become a certainty.
    Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man if this gets any worse June 8th.....
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grymharth wrote: »

They almost certainly have nothing new to say, and are mistaking that for an excuse to say nothing.

As much as we would like them to change direction, it's pretty much a certainty they aren't. But that doesn't mean we don't care to hear anything. Simply responding, communicating, and letting the community know that they are heard is critical. ZOS is really dropping the ball on this one.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, The silence at this point makes it seem like the developer doesn't care. We know that that's not true, but permitting a situation to persist that gives that impression is extremely poor community engagement.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Reply #252: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7235452/#Comment_7235452

• Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    If its not about legal issues why haven’t they issued an apology? People pay for this service and it needs to work

Business should not apologize for things that they won't be changing. When businesses, or people, do this, it is hollow. It is meant to appease or gain favor, and that is all. No substance.

If this situation comes up again, and it probably will, I expect that ZOS will do the same thing. Spock logic.

Their letter as hollow as it may have been was their form of
    Elsonso wrote: »

Reply #252: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7235452/#Comment_7235452

At this point @Elsonso You're our forum mod, lol. Thank you for all your insightful messages. Sometimes us forum goers have to be the voice of reason for ZOS.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS still getting blackscreen load in Cyrodiil, you can still use comms but nothing else.
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    The Sell screen in the guild store now does not allow scrolling, making it impossible to list items without typing the name.

Selling items to the merchant doesn't remove them from the screen. It sells but it still appears there making it very confusing to anyone who can't see what the game is doing.

This is just what I've experienced the first few minutes on the game. I really try to be supportive of the team but how much longer are we going to have to deal with these extremely frustrating issues? Seemingly every update doesn't deliver fixes it's supposed to and we have to wait a long time for any fixes on current and new issues. :(

Sell ur ps4 and buy Stadia, life without bugs everywheare