The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PC EU Gray Host

Leslik
Leslik
✭✭✭
I'd just like to say huge respect to both Meridias Vangard and Supreme zerglings for switching faction en masse. Let's hope for some much better fights this campaign cycle than the soul destroying one-sided boredom of last month.

Even on the basis of only one night it's made me change my mind on an issue. I had been thinking faction lock should be removed as it no longer serves the purpose it was intended for. I now think that faction lock should remain but faction switch should be free but only at the beginning of a new campaign cycle. It's not fair to make the players spend their crowns to balance the alliance war.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Take a look at Ravenwatch. It's the complete opposite of Gray Host where DC is literally pop locked 20-22 hours a day 👀

It's not alliance switching, it's zerg guilds migrating between campaigns, whatever is easy mode flavour of the month 👌
    Edited by red_emu on 20 April 2021 22:40
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Leslik
    Leslik
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda don't want to look at Ravenwatch. Gray host was so messed up last month a lot of blues left and ravenwatch got the short end of the stick. Very sorry if this month for you is like last month was for us
    Edited by Leslik on 21 April 2021 08:36
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First AD ruins Gray Host and then they switch sides, when almost entire DC population migrated to Ravenwatch. Last month I had no queue at no-cp, yesterday it was 54 at 10PM CEST. But ironically enough AD ballgroups followed.

I'm honestly thinking about making Blackreach my main campaign :| Because right now it's the only campaign one can play in peace.
    red_emu wrote: »
    Take a look at Ravenwatch. It's the complete opposite of Gray Host where DC is literally pop locked 20-22 hours a day 👀

It's not alliance switching, it's zerg guilds migrating between campaigns, whatever is easy mode flavour of the month 👌

But DC still lost the last campaign in Ravenwatch.
    Edited by nukk3r on 23 April 2021 11:42
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nukk3r wrote: »

To be honest, most veteran Ravenwatch DC players don't want to "win" the campaign, at least as long as there is a queue; for this would attract even more "reinforcements" on our campaign.

From what I could see in the last 3 weeks, those newcomers actually weaken our faction as they clog the queue without having the same impact per player as the usual DC NoCP players.

DC has traditionally been the quality over quantity faction on Azura's Star, but this is changing rapidly and visibly.
    Edited by Thraben on 23 April 2021 14:16
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »

To be honest, most veteran Ravenwatch DC players don't want to "win" the campaign, at least as long as there is a queue; for this would attract even more "reinforcements" on our campaign.

From what I could see in the last 3 weeks, those newcomers actually weaken our faction as they clog the queue without having the same impact per player as the usual DC NoCP players.

DC has traditionally been the quality over quantity faction on Azura's Star, but this is changing rapidly and visibly.

I specifically left Grey Host to avoid these people. I could name and shame at least 2 full groups of these "reinforcements" :D They hogged the campaign for themselves during prime time and conveniently left 30 minutes before the red nightcap. DC poplock looked like this: lock, 3 home keeps one of which is burning, and the entire faction is nowhere to be found to defend it but someone is sieging Drake.

I didn't play in the last 3 weeks, just because I saw too many familiar faces from GH in Ravenwatch. 7 out of top 20 in current leaderboard are PvDoorers from GH that I know of.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wait until my guild make the switch to GH and DC will have nothing on AD side and will have to try attacking reds
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many new guilds have jumped from here to Raven, DC love to have ball groups, even if its 5 man taking an outpost they will flood it will 50+ just to make sure they managed to defend
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wait until my guild make the switch to GH and DC will have nothing on AD side and will have to try attacking reds

Are you talking about GH or Raven? Because there are virtually no DC at GH, half the players on the blue side were GH yellows last campaign. And GH hardly needs any more yellows, AD morning cap there is the reason DC migrated to Raven in the first place.
  • Qagh
    Qagh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Because there are virtually no DC at GH, half the players on the blue side were GH yellows last campaign. And GH hardly needs any more yellows, AD morning cap there is the reason DC migrated to Raven in the first place.

A few true and loyal blues are at GH. Not all are at ravenwatch. 🙂

CP 2400+ - PC/EU - PvP: Gray Host
    Qagh - StamDK - Khajiit - DC - Grand Overlord (AR 50)
    Qagho - MagSorc - Khajiit - DC
    Qaghi - Stamblade - Khajiit - DC - Grand Overlord (AR 50)
    Pelzgesicht - Magcro - Khajiit - DC
    Qaghoo - Magplar - Khajiit - DC
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most boring campaign ever right now as it is :

* 3 - 4 bananas tank troll groups attacking exclusively red side, opening keeps, rushing in a tower then dying zerged,
    * 1 - 2 smurf tank troll groups doing the same,
    * 2-3 yellow balgroups (switching to blue side sometimes even) doing the same, killing a few newbies then getting destroyed by people who know how to strafe and using siege/silences
    * laggy campaign as soon as those ballgroups start fighting, and still they don't have a clue that they are the root cause of the lag
    * blue being low pop nearly all the time (can't blame all the fun guilds to have moved to the non champ campaign)
    * yellows destroying the score because of nearly h24 presence, removing any incentive for other factions to play the map and the score

In its current state, it's just totally boring.

And as there is nothing new for cyrodiil for this year, people are just leaving.

It's damn sad.
    Edited by Sarousse on 6 May 2021 08:18
  • Pattceht
    Pattceht
    ✭✭✭
    Come join no CP then ;)
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD STRONG !
    AD POWERFUL !
    AD IS FOREVER !
  • TheMightyRevan
    TheMightyRevan
    ✭✭✭
    Just remove Faction Lock, problem solved
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How would it solve anything? PCEU Ravenwatch has no lock but DC is overpopulated with Greyhost refugees and they don't want to play for other alliances. Everyone has their own reasons to stick to one alliance.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    DC ZERG !
    DC DC DC EVERYWHERE !
  • TheMightyRevan
    TheMightyRevan
    ✭✭✭

How would it solve anything? PCEU Ravenwatch has no lock but DC is overpopulated with Greyhost refugees and they don't want to play for other alliances. Everyone has their own reasons to stick to one alliance.

without faction lock, all the smallscalers could easily switch between the factions depending on the day. that way the pops stay balanced
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

without faction lock, all the smallscalers could easily switch between the factions depending on the day. that way the pops stay balanced

That's relying on a community to solve the bad design problem. We know that the PvP community isn't the most cooperative, people would rather eat glass than help another alliance to balance things out. Also look at Blackreach, it's a CP campaign with no lock, and it's dead.
  • TheMightyRevan
    TheMightyRevan
    ✭✭✭

That's relying on a community to solve the bad design problem. We know that the PvP community isn't the most cooperative, people would rather eat glass than help another alliance to balance things out. Also look at Blackreach, it's a CP campaign with no lock, and it's dead.

its not about cooperation, but more about the individual ppl thinking: hey, this faction is locked and they control the whole map, lets switch to a different faction for better action. thats so much more effort with faction lock and anyway only possible every 30 days. Unlike the usual zerglings, most smallscalers prefer the underdog alliance, because there they get action no matter wehen they wanna play.
    Also Blackreach is dead because there is not enough pvp players
  • AngryOldMan
    AngryOldMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC EU Gray Host is now a PVE Zone for AD. Fights there are between random beasts around Cyrodil and AD players. DC have migratet to other campains. AD has managed to kill PVP with their night capping.
    Is it fun to not have any competition at all in a campain? I would guess not, but what do i know? Im no an AD player.
    If you, an AD player want to actually PVP please drop this PVDoor you doing atm, switch fraction and do some real PVP-ing.

Also DC please come back to PC EU Gray Host, we need real fights if we dont want this campain to die
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also Blackreach is dead because there is not enough pvp players

And why is that? There's no faction lock. People can come and go as they please and balance the population between alliances. You said that removing the lock will solve the population issues. Blackreach is identical to Greyhost: same CP, same 30 days.
    PC EU Gray Host is now a PVE Zone for AD. Fights there are between random beasts around Cyrodil and AD players. DC have migratet to other campains. AD has managed to kill PVP with their night capping.
    Is it fun to not have any competition at all in a campain? I would guess not, but what do i know? Im no an AD player.
    If you, an AD player want to actually PVP please drop this PVDoor you doing atm, switch fraction and do some real PVP-ing.

Also DC please come back to PC EU Gray Host, we need real fights if we dont want this campain to die

No, let them do what they do best. They're not interested in fighting anyone, so we as a good community shall oblige.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't played in a couple of weeks now, just boring tbh

Every chance they get my playstyle of 7 years gets another nerf and fed up with the p2w OP class.

Not only that how many more class, combat, gear changes are they gonna push down our throats?

Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on 20 May 2021 21:19
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is too late for that... Not a DC player (I play EP) but tbh. I just don't care anymore. I am just questing in City hubs to farm weapon collections sticker book. PvP is dead in Gray Host. It is either PvDoor empty keep or Unkillable Ball group doing their thing and annoy everyone.

How it is possible to make a scoreboard irrelevant in a game that used to be competitive and players used to play for their alliance, but due to an exploit (that players were asking countless times to fix) it is not ?

It is a huge game design (and designers) failure. Nothing else. I do not blame players for night / morning cap. They can do it.
    I kinda "blame" game devs for it. They allowed for it, and did nothing to prevent this from happening. Just sad imho.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on 20 May 2021 21:30
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the cyro design is messed up! In this thread, you will find my proposals for an improved campaign design.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/574023/campaign-system-revision
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that's how I and many others used to play...unfortunately, too many trolls were taking advantage of the situation...

other human beings - it's why we all can't have nice things :)

pop imbalances have been a serious issue in grey host the last couple of campaigns on our platform...outside of weekends or a few hours during primetime during the week, the map is usually mostly just one color...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EP: AD Nightcaps, AD kills PvP, AD Pvdoors

Also EP:

TWR49z4.jpg

It is captured at 8:30 EDT, 1:30 am GMT for reference

Look at all this AD nightcapping :D

Let us not act like we are better or more noble than each other, all alliances do this thing as soon as they find the opportunity, and I mean all

• Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyway I came to this topic to say that I agree with you

I hope DC will be back
    Not gonna lie I miss fighting with them : (
    And I am also glad that some AD guilds switched to DC so we can keep the PvP spirit going!

They sure gather some people to attack sometimes but you can see their absence from the campaign
    But I think they all went to Raven
    Because the situation is reverse there, AD is like non-existent, but DC has like 2 bars almost any time I see

Two alliances war no fun
  • Qagh
    Qagh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We blues have at Prime Time 2 bars and low pop. AD and EP have pop lock. We have sometimes Volendrung. But for what? We have with 2 bars no chance.

Many blues are on Ravenwatch now. They have all schrolls and emp there and are busy with nightcapping or morningcapping.

The yellows from Ravenwatch are on Gray Host now.

The balance is bad on Gray Host AND Ravenwatch.

PvP is dead and boring at the moment.

Sorry my terrible english. But i'm very angry about the situation.

CP 2400+ - PC/EU - PvP: Gray Host
    Qagh - StamDK - Khajiit - DC - Grand Overlord (AR 50)
    Qagho - MagSorc - Khajiit - DC
    Qaghi - Stamblade - Khajiit - DC - Grand Overlord (AR 50)
    Pelzgesicht - Magcro - Khajiit - DC
    Qaghoo - Magplar - Khajiit - DC
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see how the upcoming changes to Ravenwatch will affect the balance in both that campaign and Gray Host. I already know plenty of AD Ravenwatch players (the last remaining ones by the looks of it) who will make the switch to Gray Host because they don't like the proc restrictions, so maybe DC will be similar and finally fill 3 bars again on Gray Host.

It would make for a more interesting campaign, because if I look at yesterday (and I think we can consider Sunday afternoon/evening primetime), I have literally only fought EP. The only DC I saw were a smallscale group who appeared at Faregyl for a hot 5 minutes, but that was literally all I saw of them during 3-4 hours of gameplay.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my info all major DC guilds will stay on Raven.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    From my info all major DC guilds will stay on Raven.

Maybe they will start attacking EP since once they take AD keeps they will have 0 AD to fight