Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shivering Isles 2022 (Outdated)

• TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing how every chapter so far was introducing zones that are close to eachother, I think after Leyawiin & Gideon chapter zone, next smaller dlc area will also be Black Marsh - but deeper (possibly Helstorm / Archon cities.

As for next year, it will most likely be zones next to Gold Coast, or maybe slightly north of it - closer co Hammerfell (Redguard or Breton chapter).

Ya except summerset. They got an argonian related quarter 4. Which was such a lame ass way to go. Elsweyr gor 2 zones. Skyrim got two zones.
    Morrowind got one zone in Tamriel and then the clockwork city in the aurbis.
    Even blackwood will have Q4 be another daedric realm in the aurbis.

SO WHY DID SUMMERSET SET ONLY GET ONE!!!!???!!!!
    Seriously. They could have given us a aurbis pocket realm where that khajitti trickster put falinesti.
    We could had new wood elf furnishings and motifs. A whole new theme with the bosmer and architecture thats different cause the tree has been
    Been gone for so long now

Anyways. It was unfair to summersets quarter 4 to give it to the argonians.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see them somehow add in the walking city of the wood elves.
    They could have given us a aurbis pocket realm where that khajitti trickster put falinesti.

We're not going to see Falinesti. You really think this engine can handle a walking tree city? :D

• DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could have given us a aurbis pocket realm where that khajitti trickster put falinesti.

We're not going to see Falinesti. You really think this engine can handle a walking tree city? :D

I said I would *like* too, not that I want it... I know it sounds like it means the same thing, but it doesn't. :P

They could cheese it though and make the city spawn at different locations depending on the time of year. Turn it on at one location in the summer, and off at the other locations. They would have to park a clone of the same city in every spot that it be in so I think it might be more of a money issue than a technical issue.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    If Todd allows them, 2022 will be Hammerfell.

If Todd wants to save all the Hammerfell hype for TES6, then my money is on the Telvanni Isles of Morrowind being 2022's Chapter. Then more of Skyrim for 2023 (Whiterun or Winterhold?) and more Cyrodiil for 2024 (Skingrad). After that it's a tossup between central Elsweyr's jungles (cities of Corinthe and Torval) or more Blackmarsh. And then there's whatever part of Skyrim they still haven't finished. By that point TES6 will be out and ZOS will be free to set Chapters in Hammerfell if they weren't allowed to previously.

Basically, they've got enough options to keep ESO going for the best part of another decade before they need to consider non-Tamriel focused Chapters like the Shivering Isles. And once they've exhausted Tamriel... time for ESO2 in a new timeline and we start all over again.

I would LOVE more Morrowind! :love: But if it were to be another daedric centric story and realm, I would really prefer not more Sheogorath. Not that I haven’t enjoyed many of those quests and he can be interesting where he appears, but I feel he’s already reached saturation point, being involved in so many zones and questlines already! Hermaeus Mora would be cool; I would enjoy more mystery and dark secrets and perhaps no single best choice... or I may be getting ahead of myself!
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we HAD to have content that heavily featured the Shivering Isles, I'd rather have a "Tour of Oblivion" style Chapter. Something that featured a chunk of EVERY major Daedric Prince's realm. Preferably on one map, possibly as a sort of inverse-planemeld where a bunch of Planes of Oblivion got mashed together.

As much as I love Uncle Sheo, there are plenty of other Princes that I'd like to experience more of. Hell, we haven't even SEEN Sanguine in this game, even as a statue.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seeing how every chapter so far was introducing zones that are close to eachother, I think after Leyawiin & Gideon chapter zone, next smaller dlc area will also be Black Marsh - but deeper (possibly Helstorm / Archon cities.

As for next year, it will most likely be zones next to Gold Coast, or maybe slightly north of it - closer co Hammerfell (Redguard or Breton chapter).

Ya except summerset. They got an argonian related quarter 4. Which was such a lame ass way to go. Elsweyr gor 2 zones. Skyrim got two zones.

Seriously. They could have given us a aurbis pocket realm where that khajitti trickster put falinesti.
    We could had new wood elf furnishings and motifs. A whole new theme with the bosmer and architecture thats different cause the tree has been

1) Summerset was before they made concentrated year themes. It was the conclusion of a two year story that started with Morrowind.

2) Murkmire was actually a good story, don’t diss on the Argonians.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »

1) Summerset was before they made concentrated year themes. It was the conclusion of a two year story that started with Morrowind.

2) Murkmire was actually a good story, don’t diss on the Argonians.

Well then they need to swoop in in one of these chapters and give a proper quarter 4 for the summerset year. I hate that my altmer dlc content got tied into being under the morrowind umbrella. Especially with them adding more argonian stuff with this new chapter. Like ugh.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If Todd allows them, 2022 will be Hammerfell.

If Todd wants to save all the Hammerfell hype for TES6, then my money is on the Telvanni Isles of Morrowind being 2022's Chapter. Then more of Skyrim for 2023 (Whiterun or Winterhold?) and more Cyrodiil for 2024 (Skingrad). After that it's a tossup between central Elsweyr's jungles (cities of Corinthe and Torval) or more Blackmarsh. And then there's whatever part of Skyrim they still haven't finished. By that point TES6 will be out and ZOS will be free to set Chapters in Hammerfell if they weren't allowed to previously.

Basically, they've got enough options to keep ESO going for the best part of another decade before they need to consider non-Tamriel focused Chapters like the Shivering Isles. And once they've exhausted Tamriel... time for ESO2 in a new timeline and we start all over again.

That middle zone between northern and southern Elsweyr should seriously have been in Season of the Dragon in 2019.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate that my altmer dlc content got tied into being under the morrowind umbrella

Yours? Anyway: That's what happens naturally if you create a longer, more complex story that spans over multiple chapters... Don't think they'll do it anymore though, as they want people to be able to begin at any new chapter now, without having to do something else first to have a logical order. We could argue now if that's the best decision, because it limits the depth and lenght of the stories, but I guess that's a question of personal taste.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wheresbes wrote: »

Why some of you don't like the place? I personally think is gorgeous, heck, sometimes I fire up Oblivion just to have a stroll in there! Though I agree with Renne that ESO-Sheogorath is kind of meh

I started doing quests in the area, and I honestly could not figure out what I was supposed to do next. It was like when I played that adventure game Broken Age that was supposed to be so great. The logic you needed to progress was so convoluted I could not follow it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I started doing quests in the area, and I honestly could not figure out what I was supposed to do next. It was like when I played that adventure game Broken Age that was supposed to be so great. The logic you needed to progress was so convoluted I could not follow it.

That's probably at the heart of the matter, Mania, Dementia and Uncle Sheo's logic ;)

• Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not saying we know or that it will happen next year but it does seem fitting for Shivering Isles to be next after Oblivion nostalgia.

If we ever do go there I hope that we don't do another Greymarch, I've seen it and I'd like a different story in the Isles.

Personally I really want to explore Peryite but I could see Shivering Isles happening after "Gates of Oblivion"
    Is TESO just a conveyor of a singles's copies for nostalgia or this is MMO designed to expand the Lore in general and Lore of 2nd era and tell the new story?
    I hate to think that my favorite project is doomed to repeating BGS work now. What the point of buying DLCs if you can take a disk of any TES single and get the same setting, story, experience, but without the feeling that someone's trying to deceive you?
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who's to say that we can have Shivering Isles in the "chapter" of this year? :p
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ekzorka wrote: »
    Not saying we know or that it will happen next year but it does seem fitting for Shivering Isles to be next after Oblivion nostalgia.

If we ever do go there I hope that we don't do another Greymarch, I've seen it and I'd like a different story in the Isles.

Personally I really want to explore Peryite but I could see Shivering Isles happening after "Gates of Oblivion"
    Is TESO just a conveyor of a singles's copies for nostalgia or this is MMO designed to expand the Lore in general and Lore of 2nd era and tell the new story?
    I hate to think that my favorite project is doomed to repeating BGS work now. What the point of buying DLCs if you can take a disk of any TES single and get the same setting, story, experience, but without the feeling that someone's trying to deceive you?

I feel the same way - I’d rather go to new places and I’m glad that this years Chapter isn’t just Cyrodiil but rather is mostly Black Marsh focused.

Also from what I understand the deadlands areas were going to are not just a return to familiar but also unique locations we haven’t seen there.

I hope that if we do get a Chapter or DLC in the realm of a different Prince like Peryite or Meridia because those two have been teased so much in recent content
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If it's handled as a Q4 DLC, where Falinesti is imprisoned in a pocket realm, it doesn't need to move. They could create a giant tree the size of a small DLC zone, with a unique amount of vertical exploration for the game, and use it as a great opportunity to add some new Bosmer architecture and armour sets to the game, let alone Bosmer stories. Since Valenwood was already 100% filled in from day one of this game's launch, it's the best opportunity for Bosmer-focused DLC. The pocket realm also gives them the opportunity to nullify fall damage (important for verticality level design) through meta-physics mumbo jumbo, and provide fun means of quickly ascending vertical distances through a new tool similar to the grappling hook from Dragonhold (just something magical/aetherial here).

We already have a lot of great lore from the Dance in Fire series about how Falinesti is much more than just a city (it has hoarvers all over it, especially at the depths) so there are great opportunities to have a city in the boughs, a forest at the bottom (normal size trees growing all over the giant roots of Falinesti) and a variety of dungeons and exploration opportunities inside the tree itself. Monster Hunter World's first zone demonstrated environmental variety possibility of a giant tree like that really well, including inside the hollowed out heartwood which had cascading waterfalls and was covered in ferns and hanging roots and vines. But essentially, when it's encased in its own pocket realm, it's got that Yggdrasil vibe going for it:

aa3505c0723c2a0a34896d032cd52872.jpg
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If we got something prince related I don't want it to be more Sheogorath. He keeps appearing enough as it is.

Sheogorath is a great character, but yes he tends to get over used. Boethiah or Hermaeus Mora would be interesting and they could appear in most any region without too much explanation. (Boethiah is always starting cults everywhere and Hermaeus Mora, well it's Hermaeus Mora and doesn't need a reason.)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I'd love to see the rest of "Skyrim" with a Winterhold and Whitrun region. I think a Bosmer theme chapter would be more interesting. Except for a few side quests in the AD main questline, the Bosmer are mainly background and support characters. Their culture isn't the same as most elves. It's sort of between Elven and Beast peoples culture.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If it's handled as a Q4 DLC, where Falinesti is imprisoned in a pocket realm, it doesn't need to move.

Could work, I guess, but wouldn't the obvious objective for the story be to free the city from the pocket realm and return it to Tamriel? At which point we're back to the engine problem.

I know it doesn't have to be like that, and perhaps I'm just not being imaginative enough about it, but I think it would feel a bit hollow to have a whole chapter set in a location which has been pulled out of the normal world and imprisoned in another dimension ... and then leave it there.

I suppose anything's possible, and as they gradually run out of locations for new stories ZOS are going to have to get creative, but I can't help thinking that the whole reason Falinesti is "missing" during ESO's time period is because ZOS knew they wouldn't be able to do it justice in-game.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ekzorka wrote: »

The places might be familiar, but the stories differ. Compare TES3 with the Morrowind chapter or TES5 with Greymoor. So I don't think that Blackwood will just copy TES4.

Also, they're almost through with the "nostalgia regions" anyway, there are just a few parts of Cyrodiil and Skyrim left, and I doubt that they'll just use these in turns now.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Vindold
    Vindold
    ✭✭✭
    It could be Shivering Isles, though I doubt it...also I don't think it'll be Hammerfell as well...why should they want to show us exactly the same location which we will visit once TES6 released? I think perfect time to release Hammerfell chapter is at TES6 launch.

Personaly, I don't want to see any more desert\swamp themed locations\sets.

If ZOS want more nostalgia content, then it could be something based on:
    1) obviously, Hermaeus Mora or Sheo\Shivering Isles
    2) Hircine. Reworked werewolfs with an updated werewolf model(it's time ZOS, it's time), Solstheim map as part of main Chapter or DLC. Again, a bit of nostalgia and it's more of Morrowind nostalgia, story is based on Hircine\Werewolfs for those who doesn't know.
    3) Azura \ Almalexia. There is bunch of zones around Vvardenfell which is waiting to be unlocked..oh, and I always glad to see more of Morrowind content ^^

If not then it's pretty much pointless to guess, but who knows, maybe Mephala got special model in Summerset not to just appear only twice in a really short scenes...and I actually would be interested in Chapter based on Mephala...and if so, it could do something with Morag Tong -> Morrowind zones, Almalexia and so on...yes, pretty much doubtful :|
    Edited by Vindold on 9 October 2021 21:18
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if they get another voice actor for him, preferably someone who is genuinely Irish. That horrible little leprechaun accent gets on my bloody nerves.

ETA. Damn thread necromancers.
    Edited by pdblake on 9 October 2021 21:07
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope not. Too much Sheogorath gets old after a while. So does too much goofy madness stuff. There's still lots of Tamriel left without going there.
    Edited by AzuraFan on 10 October 2021 00:27
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the game is exploring daedric realms more that would be cool. I saw a map of tamriel in new dlc and there is room for a dozen maps on it. 😲
    3uwoct97147m.jpg
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently the code name for the next chapter is "Dune," as mentioned in the Notes on the following page:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Chapters

I'm not going to speculate on what that might mean, but I doubt it's as obvious as "Volcano" was for the Morrowind chapter. And Summerset's code name was "Glacier," whatever that meant-- a reference to the frosty cold attitudes of Summerset's High Elves, perhaps?

Edit: Added spoiler tags.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on 10 October 2021 04:53
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Apparently the code name for the next chapter is "Dune," as mentioned in the Notes on the following page:

I'm not going to speculate on what that might mean, but I doubt it's as obvious as "Volcano" was for the Morrowind chapter. And Summerset's code name was "Glacier," whatever that meant-- a reference to the frosty cold attitudes of Summerset's High Elves, perhaps?

Dune = Sand Dune
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Dune = Sand Dune

That was my first thought, too.

Edit: Added spoiler tag.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on 10 October 2021 04:54
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whom has resurrected my thread of old? It’s life has passed, let it rest ye cruel ones.

(but seriously, this is an old thread, there are already like two or three other threads that are more up-to-date with what’s going on.)
    Edited by Iccotak on 10 October 2021 01:16
  • MaisonNaevius
    MaisonNaevius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we stay in Tamriel next year, then I think the pattern will be the same as started with Imperial City.

IC (Nibenese+Daedra) --> Blackwood (Nibenese+Daedra+Argonian)(2021)
    Orsinium (Orsimer) --> X
    Thieves Guild (Redguard) --> "Hammerfell" (Redguard)(2022)
    Dark Bortherhod (Colovian) --> "Colovia" (Colovian)(2023)
    Morrowind (Dunmer) --> "Telvanni Peninsula ?" (Dunmer)(2024)
    Clockwork City (-) --> X
    Summerset (Altmer) --> X or Pyandonea (2025 ?)
    Murkmire (Argonian) --> "Black Marsh" (Argonian)(2025)
    Elsweyr (Khajiit) --> Tenmar (Khajiit)(2026)
    Dragonhold (Khajiit) --> X
    Greymoor (Nord) --> "Central Skyrim / Eastern kingdom" (Nord)(2027)

In all seriousness, I think Zos should release two major regions per year.
    Prioritize Tamriel .. Then do new things by offering small samples in Q4.
    Edited by MaisonNaevius on 10 October 2021 00:20
    > Wiki spécialisé sur Cyrodiil / en cour de rédaction <
    https://tescyrodiipedia.blogspot.com/

- Naevius-
  • JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the game is exploring daedric realms more that would be cool. I saw a map of tamriel in new dlc and there is room for a dozen maps on it. 😲
    3uwoct97147m.jpg

where are people seeing this map? the PTS? because its not in the live game
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3uwoct97147m.jpg

where are people seeing this map? the PTS? because its not in the live game

Eh, someone with facility in a graphics program added some circles. Don't know where they found the graphics for them, but I could do it if I had the graphics.