Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shivering Isles 2022 (Outdated)

Iccotak
Iccotak
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Not saying we know or that it will happen next year but it does seem fitting for Shivering Isles to be next after Oblivion nostalgia.

If we ever do go there I hope that we don't do another Greymarch, I've seen it and I'd like a different story in the Isles.

Personally I really want to explore Peryite but I could see Shivering Isles happening after "Gates of Oblivion"

————————————————

EDIT
This is an outdated thread, there’s no more up-to-date information about what could possibly come in 2022 and we are certain that it is not related to the Shivering Isles.
Edited by Iccotak on 10 October 2021 13:15
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh. Not going there personally. That would be a whole year I wouldn't touch anything but "old" content.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we got something prince related I don't want it to be more Sheogorath. He keeps appearing enough as it is.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yeah the annual “We’re going back to...”

They’re running out of nostalgia locations lol
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is it's going to be Hammerfell because I doubt they'll go back to Skyrim or new Dunmer lands since we've already had a Dunmer chapter. I also don't think they will go into Blackmarsh because then they'd just add the zones bordering this years zone and I feel like that's something they won't do, to avoid fatigue of the climate, flora, fauna etc.

Daedric realms will probably only be Q4 DLCs for now if anything.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on 5 February 2021 04:22
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    My guess is it's going to be Hammerfell because I doubt they'll go back to Skyrim or new Dunmer lands since we've already had a Dunmer chapter. I also don't think they will go into Blackmarsh because then they'd just add the zones bordering this years zone and I feel like that's something they won't do, to avoid fatigue of the climate, flora, fauna etc.

yeah they have to contrast it each year to keep it fresh

I am looking forward to Blackwood as an Argonian fan, also the new area of Deadlands looks interesting.

There's Hammerfell and more Cyrodil but I'd like to explore the other princes like Peryite and Meridia who have become relevant in every other expansion
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

Daedric realms will probably only be Q4 DLCs for now if anything.

I'm really good with Hammerfell, personally.

Redguards are my go to race. I would be totally happy if the only zone in the game was Hammerfell. Oh yah - I know that would never happen, but for me it would be heaven.

Maybe with a side dish of flashback to Yokuda....
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If we got something prince related I don't want it to be more Sheogorath. He keeps appearing enough as it is.

I LOVE the Shivering Isles, but I hate non-TESIV Sheogorath. We don't need ANY more Sheogorath.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shivering Isles - no thanks
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Never made it through the Shivering Isles in Oblivion, and I can’t stand to listen to Sheogorath’s screechy voice. Should have added that to the post about ESO’s most annoying sounds...
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Shivering Isles, Mania, Dementia, Uncle Sheo, it makes you feel at home. But it is certainly not enough for an entire chapter, just DLC. At some point it will surely come. Looking forward.
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, Shivering Isles are already in ESO, but not as an overland region. You may go through Mages guild quests with a fresh character, and get there.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do Believe at some point we will be going there as a chapter or story DLC. However in 2022, doubtful as there was some hinted in greymoor of hammerfell content, with some of the places there given in name of characters which no doubt we will see again there.

But a shivering isle chapter would be epic.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭

Why some of you don't like the place? I personally think is gorgeous, heck, sometimes I fire up Oblivion just to have a stroll in there! Though I agree with Renne that ESO-Sheogorath is kind of meh
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wheresbes wrote: »
    Though I agree with Renne that ESO-Sheogorath is kind of meh

Definitely, in TES IV he was much better, especially visually (already in Skyrim he wasn't that appaeling anymore).

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    Ah yeah the annual “We’re going back to...”

They’re running out of nostalgia locations lol

I'm telling myself that's a good thing, because soon they'll have run out of old games to re-use and will have to start doing more new locations and original storylines.

Although I'm 1/2 expecting the 2022 year long story to be reassembling the Staff of Chaos or finding Numidium. :D

I wouldn't mind the Shivering Isles appearing as an explorable zone (rather than occasional instances like we have now) at some point, for the sake of completeness. But I'd like them to space it out a bit rather than literally re-creating the release order from previous games.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    Definitely, in TES IV he was much better, especially visually (already in Skyrim he wasn't that appaeling anymore).

Yep. That was visually the best version
    SI-npc-Sheogorath_Cane_02.jpg

Which is incredible considering how ugly NPCs looked in TESIV

• Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's beard. If you ugly, just grown a nice beard and then you look just like other bearded dudes :D
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think its mainly also the eyes.
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's beard. If you ugly, just grown a nice beard and then you look just like other bearded dudes :D

Aaah, that's why he didn't allow others to grow a beard, he wanted to be the only cutie :D
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing how every chapter so far was introducing zones that are close to eachother, I think after Leyawiin & Gideon chapter zone, next smaller dlc area will also be Black Marsh - but deeper (possibly Helstorm / Archon cities.

As for next year, it will most likely be zones next to Gold Coast, or maybe slightly north of it - closer co Hammerfell (Redguard or Breton chapter).
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If Todd allows them, 2022 will be Hammerfell.

If Todd wants to save all the Hammerfell hype for TES6, then my money is on the Telvanni Isles of Morrowind being 2022's Chapter. Then more of Skyrim for 2023 (Whiterun or Winterhold?) and more Cyrodiil for 2024 (Skingrad). After that it's a tossup between central Elsweyr's jungles (cities of Corinthe and Torval) or more Blackmarsh. And then there's whatever part of Skyrim they still haven't finished. By that point TES6 will be out and ZOS will be free to set Chapters in Hammerfell if they weren't allowed to previously.

Basically, they've got enough options to keep ESO going for the best part of another decade before they need to consider non-Tamriel focused Chapters like the Shivering Isles. And once they've exhausted Tamriel... time for ESO2 in a new timeline and we start all over again.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's still Lyris' mysterious remark about Skingrad, if it wasn't all about a feint...
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We got egnough sheogorath as it is
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they do this then we'd need to see more of Sheogorath's dark side. You can't make a whole DLC out of cheese gags.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »

If Todd wants to save all the Hammerfell hype for TES6, then my money is on the Telvanni Isles of Morrowind being 2022's Chapter. Then more of Skyrim for 2023 (Whiterun or Winterhold?) and more Cyrodiil for 2024 (Skingrad). After that it's a tossup between central Elsweyr's jungles (cities of Corinthe and Torval) or more Blackmarsh. And then there's whatever part of Skyrim they still haven't finished. By that point TES6 will be out and ZOS will be free to set Chapters in Hammerfell if they weren't allowed to previously.

Basically, they've got enough options to keep ESO going for the best part of another decade before they need to consider non-Tamriel focused Chapters like the Shivering Isles. And once they've exhausted Tamriel... time for ESO2 in a new timeline and we start all over again.

But they've already done the Clockwork City as a DLC and they certainly weren't short of places in Tamriel to add at the time. I doubt they'll see any need to wait until they've filled in the whole of Tamriel before adding more bits of Oblivion.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »

agree with the 1st part. eso2 very doubtful, more like they will started adding new continents :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I find him annoying AF.

• DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see them somehow add in the walking city of the wood elves. Just about every race has had an expansion except the Bosmer.

I'd even go for a Maomer expansion!

Also I agree with the others, while Shivering Isles would be pretty neat, we don't need MORE Sheogorath.
    Edited by DreamsUnderStars on 5 February 2021 14:53
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty much the only thing left with enough content would be the Daedric Prices realms or go off Tamriel.

Another nice thing would be a PvP chapter. Just re-do the entire Cyrodiil into something fresh? Maybe end the Molag Bal siege on Imperial City?
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way Sheo is most overrated Deadric prince, we had enough of him , As I wrote and presented in my thread Tamriel should be filled first, plus there are dozen other princes that deserve attention,

Do not allow Nostalgia to blind thee.

Ultimately all roads lead not to Deadlands but to desert.

Sands and Curved Swords TES6 Hammerfell

ESO next DLC or chapter AFTER Blackwood year of Dagon.

Have you seen those warriors from Hammerfell? They have Curved Swords.

CURVED.

SWORDS.

IE8BuwF.jpg
    Edited by Vanya on 5 February 2021 15:16