The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now available.
Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

The Blood Scion is officially a Vampire Lord. They are not different. Why is the form so boring?

Noxavian
Noxavian
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Thanks to @ShadowHvo's screenshots, it is confirmed that the Blood Scion is a vampire lord.

flgprw4qura5.png
q0ad3naye9vt.png

With this new piece of lore, why is the Blood Scion so weak compared to a vampire lord? Why do they not have wings? Why do they look over-all lesser?

If the devs are selling this as a vampire lord, I would expect them to do something way more unique than a bone-goliath re-skin?
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well this is a unique form of Vampire Lord. Created by Mortal Immortal Vampire Lamae otherwise known as the First Vampire.
    It means this Bloodline is a artificially created strain and the vampire lord ability is a prototype form that has no connection to the Defiler. Though she could be one of the most powerful vampires to exist, she also has ways to create new vampiric variants.

Given this is actually a mortal created Vampire Lord. Vampires are still mortal because they can die though they might not age. It has no Molag Bal Infuence over it and that might be why the Lamae Vampire can't stay in the form for to long.

So I wouldn't call it boring I would call it unique. Also it makes sense she has little power on how it might look like only that its a transformation thus the reason it has no wings. It actually fits to and adds onto vampire lore. Like for example Vampirism can also come about through non daedric means like Alchemy as shown in the one summerset quest. So what this vampire strain is a new strain and its born out of magicikal manpulation. A lot like some labs that create artificially created viruses using old viruses as a model using components to do it. So what Lamae is doing is a magicial version of artificial vampirism creation.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on 21 April 2020 01:23
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it is unique and altered by Lamae Bal, as she explains it: PERFECTED

:D I love this game.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »

By removing the wings and thus removing the ability of fight? then again this is Lamae Bal, a Vampire dumb enough to think she can destroy Molag Bal, she probably does not realize they draw their power from his blood, removing that influence would weaken them, might be why they cannot sustain the form, how is that perfected?
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on 21 April 2020 01:31
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

HAHAHAA.

Ah yes, no wings and basic bland design is totally PERFECTGED
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this is a unique form of Vampire Lord. Created by Mortal Immortal Vampire Lamae otherwise known as the First Vampire.
    It means this Bloodline is a artificially created strain and the vampire lord ability is a prototype form that has no connection to the Defiler.

Ehh, this is outright wrong.

According to her dialogue, the greater vampires have access to this form, to which most would assume is purebloods. This has nothing to do with "Mortals" Lamae is a vampire, vampires in TES are undead.

It doesn't mean that the bloodline, nor strain, is artificially created - it means that she is altering and perfecting it to her vision THROUGH extensive sorcery and rituals.

How? Nobody knows, nor do I believe the writers do. it's an excuse to give the player the Vampire Lord through Noxiphilic Sanguivoria.
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By removing the wings and thus removing the ability of fight? then again this is Lamae Bal, a Vampire dumb enough to think she can destroy Molag Bal, she probably does not realize they draw their power from his blood, removing that influence would weaken them, might be why they cannot sustain the form, how is that perfected?

Don't bite the messenger, I'm just making a good ol' laugh of it. You can see the ingame dialogue yourself from the screenshot above.

Again, as I've said in earlier threads - this just sadistically pleases me, because it goes to show that they couldn't do the Vampire Lord justice. They had to cater to fanservice and promise the fans a Vampire Lord, upon which they cannot realistically deliver in an MMO setting.

Why? Because the Vampire Lord is a super powerful creature that is more legendary, mythical and rarer than dragons! It is crazy powerful, yet such power can never be given to players in an online environment wherein balance is key.

They should've given Lamae Bal something different and completely unique, a proper Blood Scion, something visceral, bloody, and embodiment of the profane, blood rituals that Lamae seems so fond of. Not a shameless copy-cat that cannot hope to achieve what it is trying to imitate.

/rant
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the sound of it she's using the Vestige as a test bed for refining the vampire lord form into something of her own design. Tweaking it, making it stronger, but in her own image. Reminds me of a villain in a science fiction game I used to play....
    Abathur the evolution master in Starcraft 2.
    8KOLYZAD5G7brZivw6tCZ1BvAGTM2YYN1d25QvBnE5E.jpg?auto=webp&s=00b34ea716525780a2d51293fdc8a82e0c30c90a
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't bite the messenger, I'm just making a good ol' laugh of it. You can see the ingame dialogue yourself from the screenshot above.

Again, as I've said in earlier threads - this just sadistically pleases me, because it goes to show that they couldn't do the Vampire Lord justice. They had to cater to fanservice and promise the fans a Vampire Lord, upon which they cannot realistically deliver in an MMO setting.

Why? Because the Vampire Lord is a super powerful creature that is more legendary, mythical and rarer than dragons! It is crazy powerful, yet such power can never be given to players in an online environment wherein balance is key.

They should've given Lamae Bal something different and completely unique, a proper Blood Scion, something visceral, bloody, and embodiment of the profane, blood rituals that Lamae seems so fond of. Not a shameless copy-cat that cannot hope to achieve what it is trying to imitate.

/rant

"Why? Because the Vampire Lord is a super powerful creature that is more legendary, mythical and rarer than dragons! It is crazy powerful, yet such power can never be given to players in an online environment wherein balance is key."
    Source on Vampire Lords being more mystical and rarer than dragons?
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

"Why? Because the Vampire Lord is a super powerful creature that is more legendary, mythical and rarer than dragons! It is crazy powerful, yet such power can never be given to players in an online environment wherein balance is key."

Look at the games.

How many Dragons do you see.

Now, how many Vampire Lords do you see?

Now spawn Harkon in his Vampire Lord form, and make him fight a Dragon - equal in levels.

Watch the outcome, its rather entertaining.
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭

/rant

sounds logical enough, but still,
    the child in me keeps screaming: "WE WANT WINGS!"

now on a more serious note, I assume some people pre-purchased the expansion for the promise of a playable vampire lord (at least my friends did), this new "form" just doesn't cut it.
    however the trial boss's model looks epic! why can't we be more like him?
    even the pre-pts bat scion with the wings looked better...

Lore or not, half the playerbase is hard on aesthetics...
    it's just the reality
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baraber wrote: »

/rant

now on a more serious note, I assume some people pre-purchased the expansion for the promise of a playable vampire lord (at least my friends did), this new "form" just doesn't cut it.

it's just the reality

Hoping with enough outcry they'll cave and just toss wings on it.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it's just the reality

You have a very good point. People complained about normal vampire appearances for years, and they especially complained when they saw the terrible Blood Scion appearance on the Pre-PTS. Not to mention wanting a female version as well. Now we got the silly blue effects and glowing eyes gone, as well as a female version now, but it still looks like its missing something key.
    Edited by Vevvev on 21 April 2020 01:54
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

it's just the reality

You have a very good point. People complained about normal vampire appearances for years, and they especially complained when they saw the terrible Blood Scion appearance on the Pre-PTS. Not to mention wanting a female version as well. Now we got the silly blue effects and glowing eyes gone, as well as a female version now, but it still looks like its missing something key.

That last key feeling is the wings and appearance tbh. If we cant get the power of a vampire lord, we should at least look super similar to the part.
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »

/rant

it's just the reality

Amen brother,

and to all the people complaining about the "lore", and that we are not suppose to look like vampire lords, just look at this fun fact: half the players in the game are walking around with the craziest skins I have ever seen: purple skin, green bumps, lava hands, ice heads, shiny noses (i can go on).
    so yeah, i really think that requesting the visuals of a vampire lord is not too extreme "lorewise".

Dude where are my wings?
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

/rant

it's just the reality

'cause if you like it you shoulda put a wing on it, if you like it you shoulda put a wing on it!
    Oh-oh-oooh, oh-oh-oooh, oh-oh...

Man, this lockdown needs to stop. I'm losing it.
    (>.>)
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It means this Bloodline is a artificially created strain and the vampire lord ability is a prototype form that has no connection to the Defiler.

According to her dialogue, the greater vampires have access to this form, to which most would assume is purebloods. This has nothing to do with "Mortals" Lamae is a vampire, vampires in TES are undead.

It doesn't mean that the bloodline, nor strain, is artificially created - it means that she is altering and perfecting it to her vision THROUGH extensive sorcery and rituals.

How? Nobody knows, nor do I believe the writers do. it's an excuse to give the player the Vampire Lord through Noxiphilic Sanguivoria.

Well they are people with a magicial disease.
    They are still mortal and you have Princes even when you have full obvious vampirism still call you mortal.
    So to them you are.
    Techically the Vestige might be the only true immortal vampire.

Most Tes Vampires cannot be undead because they are not reanimated corpses or have passed onto death then back into a life like state.
    https://www.lexico.com/definition/un-
    The reverse of (usually with an implication of approval or disapproval, or with another special connotation)
    Usage
    The prefixes un- and non- both mean ‘not’, but there is often a distinction in terms of emphasis. un- tends to be stronger and less neutral than non

Undead is basically reversal of death to not dead and Un is reversal of something to be not, and that what it basically means. The common vampire tropes is they die and then come back from the dead. They are not alive anymore but neither are they dead and so they are called Undead. Dead that are reversed and walk like the living. A reanimated corpse.
    Tes Vampires are an Un Something though it isn't undead. Its far more personal to Arkays Sphere.

Tes Vampies invert the cycle of aging they stop aging but that gets reversed into a form of unaging. So its like undeath but basically instead of reversing death. Its reversing the Arkayn Cycle itself. They are not cut off or robbed of death they are robbed of the process of aging and its far more realistic to call them the unaging then it would be to call them undead. Because of the mechanics of how Tes Vampirism Work. It Targets the Aging Process itself it doesn't target the living or dead aspect though there is such things as undead vampires. But majority wouldn't be undead instead they would be unaging. Or the Unaged.

For a Normal person, Birth, and then aging which is Growth/Deterioration losing strength body goes weaker and then Death.
    Growth requires food and water. Once grown the deteriorating process begins. That is the life cycle.

A Tes vampire Grows in power by starvation, and then they do the opposite of deteriorating they improve. But they are ageless and thus can't actually grow in body but in power, That is the curse.
    For them its Second Birth, Unaging, growth in power by starvation, Stronger as you unage aka improvement. Cannot die to not being able to deteriorate because of this body cannot break down thus preventing death from coming naturally. Only way they die is death by violence.

This new form of vampirims is unique in that there is some form of aging there would have to be.
    I would think they would have growth but wouldn't have deterioration. The reason they have to feed, to grow stronger. They are still unaging but not fully.
    So for a Lamae Modified Vampire
    Second Birth, Growth in power by feeding over time body and powers improve and vampire grows stronger then possibly death by violence.Unlike the Volkihar I can actually see a child vampire being able to fully grow up because they actually have to feed to get stronger that means that process technically could still be intact.

This could also means its theoretically possible for female vampires of this Modified Strain to give birth because that growth cycle is still active. It would have to be because it isn't fully inverted.
    Because of this if that theory is correct.
    Growth Process still works.
    Ability to Grow a child in the womb would still be intact.
    Child Vampires able to Grow up.
    Immortal but like the Underworld Vampire. Able to Give Birth to actual vampires where one is born with the condition I can see actually being a possibility with this setup.
    Of course that is just my theory anyways.
    Also how I see it.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on 21 April 2020 03:34
    PC NA
  • UlfgarHrothgarson
    Aliyavana wrote: »

Look at the games.

How many Dragons do you see.

Now, how many Vampire Lords do you see?

Now spawn Harkon in his Vampire Lord form, and make him fight a Dragon - equal in levels.

Watch the outcome, its rather entertaining.

Who wins?
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They are still mortal and you have Princes even when you have full obvious vampirism still call you mortal.
    So to them you are.

Most Tes Vampires cannot be undead because they are not reanimated corpses or have passed onto death then back into a life like state.
    The reverse of (usually with an implication of approval or disapproval, or with another special connotation)
    Usage
    The prefixes un- and non- both mean ‘not’, but there is often a distinction in terms of emphasis. un- tends to be stronger and less neutral than non

Undead is basically reversal of death to not dead and Un is reversal of something to be not, and that what it basically means. The common vampire tropes is they die and then come back from the dead. They are not alive anymore but neither are they dead and so they are called Undead. Dead that are reversed and walk like the living. A reanimated corpse.
    Tes Vampires are an Un Something though it isn't undead. Its far more personal to Arkays Sphere.

Tes Vampies invert the cycle of aging they stop aging but that gets reversed into a form of unaging. So its like undeath but basically instead of reversing death. Its reversing the Arkayn Cycle itself. They are not cut off or robbed of death they are robbed of the process of aging and its far more realistic to call them the unaging then it would be to call them undead. Because of the mechanics of how Tes Vampirism Work. It Targets the Aging Process itself it doesn't target the living or dead aspect though there is such things as undead vampires. But majority wouldn't be undead instead they would be unaging. Or the Unaged.

For a Normal person, Birth, and then aging which is Growth/Deterioration losing strength body goes weaker and then Death.
    Growth requires food and water. Once grown the deteriorating process begins. That is the life cycle.

A Tes vampire Grows in power by starvation, and then they do the opposite of deteriorating they improve. But they are ageless and thus can't actually grow in body but in power, That is the curse.
    For them its Second Birth, Unaging, growth in power by starvation, Stronger as you unage aka improvement. Cannot die to not being able to deteriorate because of this body cannot break down thus preventing death from coming naturally. Only way they die is death by violence.

This new form of vampirims is unique in that there is some form of aging there would have to be.
    I would think they would have growth but wouldn't have deterioration. The reason they have to feed, to grow stronger. They are still unaging but not fully.
    Second Birth, Growth in power by feeding over time body and powers improve and vampire grows stronger then possibly death by violence.Unlike the Volkihar I can actually see a child vampire being able to fully grow up because they actually have to feed to get stronger that means that process technically could still be intact.

This could also means its theoretically possible for female vampires of this Modified Strain to give birth because that growth cycle is still active. It would have to be because it isn't fully inverted.
    Immortal but like the Underworld Vampire. Able to Give Birth to actual vampires where one is born with the condition I can see actually being a possibility with this setup.
    Also how I see it.

Again with the living cr**, Vampires are undead and your insulting them all by calling them living.
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echoing what someone said in a post after the pre-pts reveal- this blood scion form looks like a hackneyed dremora. I think someone said it looked similar to a polymorph you get from IC. Can't attest to that but it definitely doesn't look vampiric to me.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So to them you are.

Usage

Also how I see it.

Again with the living cr**, Vampires are undead and your insulting them all by calling them living.

can agree with this.

They are UNDEAD they have a passive called UNDEATH
  • Glacku808
    Glacku808
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to @ShadowHvo's screenshots, it is confirmed that the Blood Scion is a vampire lord.

flgprw4qura5.png
    q0ad3naye9vt.png

With this new piece of lore, why is the Blood Scion so weak compared to a vampire lord? Why do they not have wings? Why do they look over-all lesser?

If the devs are selling this as a vampire lord, I would expect them to do something way more unique than a bone-goliath re-skin?

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss to this
    There are Vampire Lord models with wings - why not just give us them? (and extend the duration to something like WW)
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glacku808 wrote: »

flgprw4qura5.png
    q0ad3naye9vt.png

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss to this
    There are Vampire Lord models with wings - why not just give us them? (and extend the duration to something like WW)

EXACTLY. Im hoping with enough outcry at the very least they'll give us wings in some capacity.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So to them you are.

Usage

Also how I see it.

Just because people and even vampires believe that doesn't make it so.
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Bestiary_V
    A vampire is a preternatural being, commonly believed to be a reanimated corpse, which consumes the blood of sleeping persons at night, thralls, and other victims. The vampires of Tamriel are undead, diseased persons who are hated, hunted, and misunderstood by the living. Whether they consider themselves cursed or blessed, or whether they have given into their animalistic instincts or have sought to rid the world of the disease, vampires are nonetheless considered abominations. Though it's possible for a vampire to find a cure, knowledge of how to do so has been suppressed in many places due to the fear that it would encourage people to deliberately infect themselves.

The exact nature of vampires is confusing, although the most appropriate and common is to define them as undead, in a strict technical sense they are not really. This one of the most powerful and feared of all the undead. While they are typically incredibly fast, gifted mages, and unnaturally strong, fear of vampires is abnormally great due to their ability to infect others, a fate often described as worse than death. Distrust and chaos can potentially bring down entire settlements should just one vampire infiltrate the populace. Vampires spread by giving mortals diseases such as Porphyric Hemophilia, Sanguinare Vampiris, and Noxiphilic Sanguivoria. Vampires tend to be organized into many different clans; in fact, there are over a hundred distinct kinds of vampire in Tamriel.

The noted the commonly believed to be a reanimated corpse. Common superstition is they are created by Necromancy. Not Molag Bal but actual Necromancy Magic. That is why they are considered to be undead because they are believed to be some necromancers pet project gone completely wrong. People can't associate Vampires without Necromancy in a lot of the cases. That is why they are called Undead even though in reality they are just magically afflicted with a body altering disease that can be cured.

Just because people believe it does not make it so and that is shown in the Vampire Quest they might get some things right but a lot of the time can get it so completely wrong. I mean people use to believe that witches created the Black Death or Dark Magic was the cause. In reality it was flees and rats. So its something like that, they are undead by belief they are created by necromancy.That is what less knowledgeable more faith based and superstitious societiescome up with. But by a technical actual standpoint based on more magickal science they are not undead. But the superstitious still believe it even vampires believe it. That is why people classify them as undead.
    Which is a neat way they play it with Elder Scrolls. Its like Werewolves and the full moon but it actually varies. Even some werewolves believe they are bound to the Full Moons. There will be vampires that believe they are undead. Some might actually get insulted by being called not undead.
    But I think the evidence is far more compelling that they are not really undead then that they are undead.
    Drowning, Four Clans immune to Turn Undead. They can sill die by Hypothemia, they can still eat and drink normal people food.
    They can use healing spells to self heal.
    Even the clan that is detected as dead and effected by Turn Undead the Volkihar, still drowns, it can die from Hypothermia and they still have heartbeats going by that one Theives guild quest when playing as a vampire. Plus that vampire is shown to turn as your just gathering resources it just changes the body mid walk you were not a vampire one second a vampire in the next second. That means that strain cannot be a reanimated corpse because they never fell over dead then rise again they just transition.

We know the Ravenwatch Strain have heartbeats as well. Its mentioned by one of the vampires though the mailing system in Eso.
    So the whole Undead thing is more do to superstition and belief. Though Undead Vampires can exist and you can even create them in Skyrim. Even that Vampire clans unique Vampires Servant Spell could reanimate a vampire. That is right dead Vampires can fall prey to Necromancers just as non vampire corpses can be.
    In the update we will be able to have cannibal vampires that can drink dry and kill their fellow Vampires.
    Its even an achievement. You can Exsanguinate to death a vampire and if they lose all their blood they die.
    So Vampires can also die from bleeding to Death.
    So that adds to them drowning, getting hypothermia and dieing and now being bled to death kills them.
    Does that sound like a undead creature to you? Would a person with no heartbeat actually die from blood loss?
    Hmm that is a good question.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on 21 April 2020 05:10
    PC NA
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So to them you are.

Usage

Also how I see it.

A vampire is a preternatural being, commonly believed to be a reanimated corpse, which consumes the blood of sleeping persons at night, thralls, and other victims. The vampires of Tamriel are undead, diseased persons who are hated, hunted, and misunderstood by the living. Whether they consider themselves cursed or blessed, or whether they have given into their animalistic instincts or have sought to rid the world of the disease, vampires are nonetheless considered abominations. Though it's possible for a vampire to find a cure, knowledge of how to do so has been suppressed in many places due to the fear that it would encourage people to deliberately infect themselves.

The exact nature of vampires is confusing, although the most appropriate and common is to define them as undead, in a strict technical sense they are not really. This one of the most powerful and feared of all the undead. While they are typically incredibly fast, gifted mages, and unnaturally strong, fear of vampires is abnormally great due to their ability to infect others, a fate often described as worse than death. Distrust and chaos can potentially bring down entire settlements should just one vampire infiltrate the populace. Vampires spread by giving mortals diseases such as Porphyric Hemophilia, Sanguinare Vampiris, and Noxiphilic Sanguivoria. Vampires tend to be organized into many different clans; in fact, there are over a hundred distinct kinds of vampire in Tamriel.

The noted the commonly believed to be a reanimated corpse. Common superstition is they are created by Necromancy. Not Molag Bal but actual Necromancy Magic. That is why they are considered to be undead because they are believed to be some necromancers pet project gone completely wrong. People can't associate Vampires without Necromancy in a lot of the cases. That is why they are called Undead even though in reality they are just magically afflicted with a body altering disease that can be cured.

Just because people believe it does not make it so and that is shown in the Vampire Quest they might get some things right but a lot of the time can get it so completely wrong. I mean people use to believe that witches created the Black Death or Dark Magic was the cause. In reality it was flees and rats. So its something like that, they are undead by belief they are created by necromancy.That is what less knowledgeable more faith based and superstitious societiescome up with. But by a technical actual standpoint based on more magickal science they are not undead. But the superstitious still believe it even vampires believe it. That is why people classify them as undead.
    Which is a neat way they play it with Elder Scrolls. Its like Werewolves and the full moon but it actually varies. Even some werewolves believe they are bound to the Full Moons. There will be vampires that believe they are undead. Some might actually get insulted by being called not undead.
    But I think the evidence is far more compelling that they are not really undead then that they are undead.
    Drowning, Four Clans immune to Turn Undead. They can sill die by Hypothemia, they can still eat and drink normal people food.
    Even the clan that is detected as dead and effected by Turn Undead the Volkihar, still drowns, it can die from Hypothermia and they still have heartbeats going by that one Theives guild quest when playing as a vampire. Plus that vampire is shown to turn as your just gathering resources it just changes the body mid walk you were not a vampire one second a vampire in the next second. That means that strain cannot be a reanimated corpse because they never fell over dead then rise again they just transition.

We know the Ravenwatch Strain have heartbeats as well. Its mentioned by one of the vampires though the mailing system in Eso.
    So the whole Undead thing is more do to superstition and belief. Though Undead Vampires can exist and you can even create them in Skyrim. Even that Vampire clans unique Vampires Servant Spell could reanimate a vampire. That is right dead Vampires can fall prey to Necromancers just as non vampire corpses can be.
    In the update we will be able to have cannibal vampires that can drink dry and kill their fellow Vampires.
    Its even an achievement. You can Exsanguinate to death a vampire and if they lose all their blood they die.
    So that adds to them drowning, getting hypothermia and dieing and now being bled to death kills them.
    Does that sound like a undead creature to you? Would a person with no heartbeat actually die from blood loss?

Copying off the USEP are were, Vampires are effected by ANTI-UNDEAD spells that is a FACT.

Also why does stabbing a Lich kill it, does that mean they are alive? why does stabbing a zombie kill it? does that mean they are alive? why does a skeleton die when I remove their skull?

You make a good point but those are actual undead creatures and they don't need blood flowing in their veins they don't need to breath they don't have heartbeats. They have rotted lungs or no lungs heart is likely decayed and in cases there is no organs. . All your doing is disrupting the animating energies and they fall back dead as undead are animated by souls being forced back into the body in Tes and are animated by that soul energy. Vampires do not rot and die from stuff I would expect an Undead creature would be immune too.
    Evidence to me points to not undead. I've seen the lore I've seen how they work and I do see what kills them that shouldn't kill them.
    That only goes to the logical conclusion some vampires are undead like elder scrolls 2 vampires and eso blood fiends but most are actually not and cannot factually be undead. The Evidence is clearly against it. Some Evidence might support it but most disproves it and that is my personal opinion. If it breaths like a living being, needs to avoid things that cause it to bleed to death, drown or have to stay out of extreme cold to avoid hypothermia like a living being, it must be a living being. Even its considered not to be one.
    Does it mean it doesn't have dead like qualities sure. But it has to many normal people living qualities that can't be ignored.
    Most forms of undead Vampire Fiction even Twilight have it so vampires because they are undead or don't have living biological function or are in an altered state either, do not need to breath, but most importantly they cannot eat because their body is biologically different or dead. They can eat small bits but they cannot handle so much of it. Zenimax told us they do despite contrary belief have heartbeats. That means vampires still have to breath because that is vital to a hearts functionality.

144 Melina Cassel Be still my beating heart! Lyam arrived at our door at he looked simply smashing! (And, yes, contrary to popular belief, our hearts beat quite well, thank you.) How handsome the scion of the Fontbonne family looked in his finery! And, I'm pleased to say, he seemed as impressed by my appearance as I was by his. He took my hand and we were off.
    Skyrim,

Anyways Three things most important things a person must have, air, heartbeat and brain. Those are some of the most important functions. Thing is you can live without a stomach you can live without a kidney heck you can live without a colon but you can't live without these Heart, Lungs, Brain, Liver and one Kidney. Also surprising you can live without having most of your brain and even function normally in some cases. Like there is one person out there with only ten percent of his brain and he lives a productive life.

The heart and lungs work together to make sure the body has the oxygen-rich blood it needs to function properly. The Pulmonary Loop The right side of the heart picks up the oxygen-poor blood from the body and moves it to the lungs for cleaning and re-oxygenating.
    So Its clear Tes Vampires for the most part have these functions. Heart can't work without oxygen and they coexist and work together so that means they do have that functionality and undead wouldn't need it because well they are whats called undead. They are not living people but dead people walking around. Dead things don't have to breath, have heartbeats or even need blood flowing in their veins.

Your repeating yourself, you have no argument, I said this once before and I will say it again, your assuming a magical creature functions off of Real Life biology, maybe I should remind you if we are going that route then a Real Life creatures requires regular sustenance to function however there are Vampires in TES who have not fed for years which goes against how Real Life creatures work, Lord Lovidius had been locked away Blood-Starved since before the Grey Prince was born so that would be several decades at least so Real Life biology does not apply to an undead creature.

Also a living person would age and grow, why is Babette still a child after 200-300 years hmm? it is because she is not alive or did you forget about her, what about the Body Parts of a Dismembered Vampire in Skyrim whose limbs still contain Vitality which is used to empower the Bloodstone Chalice.

What did we forget about them as well?
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on 21 April 2020 06:35
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So to them you are.

Usage

Also how I see it.

Copying off the USEP are were, Vampires are effected by ANTI-UNDEAD spells that is a FACT.

Also why does stabbing a Lich kill it, does that mean they are alive? why does stabbing a zombie kill it? does that mean they are alive? why does a skeleton die when I remove their skull?

You make a good point but those are actual undead creatures and they don't need blood flowing in their veins they don't need to breath they don't have heartbeats. They have rotted lungs or no lungs heart is likely decayed and in cases there is no organs. . All your doing is disrupting the animating energies and they fall back dead as undead are animated by souls being forced back into the body in Tes and are animated by that soul energy. Vampires do not rot and die from stuff I would expect an Undead creature would be immune too.
    Evidence to me points to not undead. I've seen the lore I've seen how they work and I do see what kills them that shouldn't kill them.
    That only goes to the logical conclusion some vampires are undead like elder scrolls 2 vampires and eso blood fiends but most are actually not and cannot factually be undead. The Evidence is clearly against it. Some Evidence might support it but most disproves it and that is my personal opinion. If it breaths like a living being, needs to avoid things that cause it to bleed to death, drown or have to stay out of extreme cold to avoid hypothermia like a living being, it must be a living being. Even its considered not to be one.
    Does it mean it doesn't have dead like qualities sure. But it has to many normal people living qualities that can't be ignored.
    Most forms of undead Vampire Fiction even Twilight have it so vampires because they are undead or don't have living biological function or are in an altered state either, do not need to breath, but most importantly they cannot eat because their body is biologically different or dead. They can eat small bits but they cannot handle so much of it. Zenimax told us they do despite contrary belief have heartbeats. That means vampires still have to breath because that is vital to a hearts functionality.

144 Melina Cassel Be still my beating heart! Lyam arrived at our door at he looked simply smashing! (And, yes, contrary to popular belief, our hearts beat quite well, thank you.) How handsome the scion of the Fontbonne family looked in his finery! And, I'm pleased to say, he seemed as impressed by my appearance as I was by his. He took my hand and we were off.
    Skyrim,

Anyways Three things most important things a person must have, air, heartbeat and brain. Those are some of the most important functions. Thing is you can live without a stomach you can live without a kidney heck you can live without a colon but you can't live without these Heart, Lungs, Brain, Liver and one Kidney. Also surprising you can live without having most of your brain and even function normally in some cases. Like there is one person out there with only ten percent of his brain and he lives a productive life.

The heart and lungs work together to make sure the body has the oxygen-rich blood it needs to function properly. The Pulmonary Loop The right side of the heart picks up the oxygen-poor blood from the body and moves it to the lungs for cleaning and re-oxygenating.
    So Its clear Tes Vampires for the most part have these functions. Heart can't work without oxygen and they coexist and work together so that means they do have that functionality and undead wouldn't need it because well they are whats called undead. They are not living people but dead people walking around. Dead things don't have to breath, have heartbeats or even need blood flowing in their veins.
    PC NA
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Accidentally deleted my comment above when I went to make another post and had overwritten it.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on 21 April 2020 06:37
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yp01cwug1ktc.png

This photo has meme potential
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The oxygen is "only" needed to dispose of a certain waste in the cell. Vampire cells are probably different from normal ones and might suffer no repercussions from that waste. In fact, it's the building of energy in the cell producing this "waste". Vampires don't have a normal digestion. It is entirely possible they do not produce said waste and thus need no oxygen to get rid of it.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    The oxygen is "only" needed to dispose of a certain waste in the cell. Vampire cells are probably different from normal ones and might suffer no repercussions from that waste. In fact, it's the building of energy in the cell producing this "waste". Vampires don't have a normal digestion. It is entirely possible they do not produce said waste and thus need no oxygen to get rid of it.

Well when a Vampire is in Mist Form they are certainly not breathing and they are not suffocating from it.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on 21 April 2020 06:50
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

Well when a Vampire is in Mist Form they are certainly not breathing and they are not suffocating from it.

Well technically they are interacting with it and becoming one with it when they take up that form.
    Mist is a phenomenon caused by small droplets of water suspended in air. Physically, it is an example of a dispersion. It is most commonly seen where warm, moist air meets sudden cooling, such as in exhaled air in the winter, or when throwing water onto the hot stove of a sauna.
    Mist is a lot like a miniature cloud so yeah its possible they don't need to breath in that form because they personally interact with the air around it to take that form. That is what I'm guessing at least.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on 21 April 2020 06:58
    PC NA