The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

February 2020 Furnishing Limit Status Update

• 414NotFound
    Salvage crafted furnishings.

Burnt a bunch of heartwood to make a shelf staircase that sucks or just want to remodel? Would be nice to recover some of those materials.

Masterwork furnishings.

A master woodworker can build a large wooden platform of only amateur quality? Better looking platforms are smaller, so you need more of them, bloating item count. I'm unsure why dedicated players are punished in such a way.

It just seems like we end up building these Fallout 4 type junk towns because of a lack of options but without Fallout 4's editor. This could be so much better in a game this much more advanced..
    Edited by 414NotFound on 14 June 2021 09:34
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So... any news?
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... any news?

Dream on. They keep selling us huge houses with no way to adequately decorate them. Working as intended.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    x48rph wrote: »
    OMG, Thanks for actually taking the time to acknowledge people on the forums. While your post pretty much says "Nope, sorry, we can't do that" it at least shows that you have heard us. So much animosity towards the developers could be significantly lessened if more such posts were made. A simple acknowledgement of "yes we heard you but we decided to do/not do <insert whatever for whatever reason>" goes a really long way. It's lets people know they weren't just ignored.

And yet here we are over a year later.... ignored. Fancy that.

• Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    No guildhouse options, no furnishing limits increase, no new houses for guild purposes.
    What's going on @ZOS_CullenLee, are u going to communicate with community?
    @Anethum from .ua
  • mergadeth
    mergadeth
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it seems people are at least catching on to this limiting furniture cap paired with houses too big the reasonably decorate. It's stopped me personally from making several large crown purchases for new houses knowing i'll never be able to decorate them how I want. Not even in ways that would be a good compromise :(

So...I don't buy them. And it's more and more often as well since they refuse to up the limit while selling us houses that are stupid big.

Imagine going to an ice cream shop and they only let you get a max of 2 scoops but they keep coming out with cones that are designed for 4 scoops. You're like..."wtf is this" and they are like "shrugs". It's 100 degrees out and the flavor you want is only available once per year...what would you do.

Sorry lol, not the best analogy but I feel like it's close.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like after seeing Sweetwater Cascades that they have really tried to take into account the majority of peoples preferences. It has individual rooms, clean walls and is pretty neat. Also it seems at first glance deceptively massive but there are large areas that are hollowed out or corridor like which means that you can use less furniture. Also the garden area has enough that you could leave it as it is and concentrate elsewhere or if you want you can add to it but it looks beautiful even as it is.
    I'd still like more furniture slots though.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mergadeth wrote: »
    Well, it seems people are at least catching on to this limiting furniture cap paired with houses too big the reasonably decorate. It's stopped me personally from making several large crown purchases for new houses knowing i'll never be able to decorate them how I want. Not even in ways that would be a good compromise :(

So...I don't buy them. And it's more and more often as well since they refuse to up the limit while selling us houses that are stupid big.

Yeah, every time I preview one of these gigantic properties, I ask myself, would only 700 items make this place look complete? And the answer is usually no. So then I ask myself, will I buy this place? And the answer is also usually no.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    So... any news?

Dream on. They keep selling us huge houses with no way to adequately decorate them. Working as intended.

They have to justify the prices somehow. And I wouldn't mind if we could get an increase in slots. But having so many beautiful areas with minimal decorations or even completely blocked off, just so that we can cohesively decorate others, is a pity, and an injustice to the intricacy of the designs. I would also love an increase of the collectible furnishings we can place. It doesn't have to be a huge increase, since they have explained the slot limit issue, but given how we have had so many house guests released in the past year, and new assistants as well, it's mind-boggling that we can't place them all, since they are also calculated along with pets and mounts.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like after seeing Sweetwater Cascades that they have really tried to take into account the majority of peoples preferences. It has individual rooms, clean walls and is pretty neat. Also it seems at first glance deceptively massive but there are large areas that are hollowed out or corridor like which means that you can use less furniture. Also the garden area has enough that you could leave it as it is and concentrate elsewhere or if you want you can add to it but it looks beautiful even as it is.
    I'd still like more furniture slots though.

Sweetwater is my dream house. I just spent all day yesterday decorating it on PTS. And I stopped at 688 out of 700 because it really is done! And that gives me a little flexibility to add some holiday decor when that rolls around. I am REALLY hoping this is a trend and that the housing devs are actually starting to design homes
    1. Within the limitations THEY have imposed.
    2. Listening to the community and giving us places our characters would actually LIKE to live as opposed to filthy rundown places that need to be condemned! LOL Oh and floorplans that make sense!

• everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    Decorating is subjective.

I see a lot of houses with massive overgrown gardens, huge libraries filled with curtains and pillows, and while they can look really good, that's not my style, to me its cluttered.

To some these large homes are impossible to make look "good" to others (me) they are fantastic and i cant wait to buy Pantherfang. Even empty in preview i love the way it looks, anything i add will just make it better.

I'm all in for more slots, but with the wide variety of furnishings in game i think these newer, larger places are still doable with some work and imagination.

For other types of builders, I would like to see smaller homes with the 700 item limit. I can understand why they have a limit, but why not keep that limit on smaller/medium houses rather than seemingly going bigger and bigger. Let people fill a place well rather than having to block off areas to save some item slots.

/Opinion
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    @MornaBaine lol some of the homes have so much mold that you would actually die if you lived in them.

@everseeing_njpreub18_ESO I've been asking for larger slot limit on smaller homes for while. ZOS makes a nice profit on these huge homes so there little incentive to give smaller homes more slots. I say to ZOS just charge us for the extra slots. ZOS make money for slot increase and we get more slots, Win Win.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggestion: remove the per-type cap. Instead, normalize the slot count based on previous type, and allow the user the choice of how to spend slots. For instance, existing normal furnishings take 1 slot. Collectibles take 3 slots. A guest might take 10 slots. You see? That way, there is more choice for how to get to the maximum other than a predetermined distribution that is "one size fits none".

Also, don't place a limit on PC based on the limits of a ps4.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pantherfang Chapel and Sweetwater Cascades are going to be two of the largest houses we’ve had in the game yet.

You CAAAAANNOOOOOOOT keep releasing these giant houses with only 700 slots. Either fix the furnishing limits, or if you can’t like you say, then stop making giant village-sized houses AND charging literal hundreds of dollars on them!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pantherfang Chapel and Sweetwater Cascades are going to be two of the largest houses we’ve had in the game yet.

You CAAAAANNOOOOOOOT keep releasing these giant houses with only 700 slots. Either fix the furnishing limits, or if you can’t like you say, then stop making giant village-sized houses AND charging literal hundreds of dollars on them!

Happily, you CAN decently deco Sweetwater. So maybe they are learning. See: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/581486/sweetwater-cascades-review-with-lots-of-pics#latest for proof!

Unfortunately I was not able to catch Pantherfang on PTS to do a test run on deco. But yes, continuing to release HUGE houses that CANNOT be decently decorated is reallllly getting on my nerves as well. I strongly encourage people to go to the trouble to download PTS and do a test deco on any house they are interested in to see if they can get it to where they want it before giving ZO$ ANY money.

And, should you buy a house you then find you just CANNOT deco to your satisfaction, I also strongly encourage people to open a ticket and ask for their crowns back. I have done this successfully once before I got smart enough to start testing everything on PTS.
    Edited by MornaBaine on 2 August 2021 11:44

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, don't place a limit on PC based on the limits of a ps4.

So much this. I HATE that MY game is dumbed down to support a platform I will never play on!

• KronikFlatulenz
    KronikFlatulenz
    ✭✭✭
    Now that the new consoles are out and performance is increased significantly, is it possible, in any way, shape or form, that furnishing limits will be increased? So many notables i want, but wont get because they're essentially worthless for decorating.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they could add something like Fallout 76's shelters?

Sell us doors in the Crown Store, that can be placed wherever we want (so we can build an exterior building shell and slap one of these doors on the front), and when we interact with the door it takes us via a load screen to a completely new instance, with its own furnishing limit based on the size of the building area it leads into. The more expensive the door, the bigger the interior, and the bigger the furnishing limit.

That could help a lot, especially with the open-plan housing options like Moon Sugar Meadow. But even for locations with existing buildings, it gives us the option to place one of these doors over the entrance and move all the interior decorating to a completely separate instance.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Now that the new consoles are out and performance is increased significantly, is it possible, in any way, shape or form, that furnishing limits will be increased? So many notables i want, but wont get because they're essentially worthless for decorating.

Some information on this would be very well recieved!
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that the new consoles are out and performance is increased significantly, is it possible, in any way, shape or form, that furnishing limits will be increased?

They would have to disable the older gen consoles first, like they did when they killed the game for those running 32 bit PCs. And, as much as we may like to see it, I don't see ZOS turning down checks in favor of pleasing housing enthusiasts.

• Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_CullenLee guys, any housing system undates? are u going to remain silent? guildhousing/ options for npc/ interaction things for multiple items like setting button to fire off some mechanism or lightning or something else...
    Hallo?
    @Anethum from .ua
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anethum wrote: »
    @ZOS_CullenLee guys, any housing system undates? are u going to remain silent? guildhousing/ options for npc/ interaction things for multiple items like setting button to fire off some mechanism or lightning or something else...
    Hallo?

I wonder if they even read these things :s
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anethum wrote: »
    Hallo?

I wonder if they even read these things :s

His profile says he was last active here on September 2nd, so he's reading something. He's either choosing to or has been told to remain silent.
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to have an update on the item limit as well. I have so many homes, that just aren't complete or are bare. It's time for an update to the limit, even if it is just to test the waters on a slight increase.

Any update from ZOS would be appreciated. Thank you.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My personal belief is that these "hard limits" are due to consoles. Let's face it, they don't have the power of PCs. And my suspicion is that ZOS had to sign a contract with Sony, etc. that states that the games would be "the same" across platforms. Of course if they ever admit this there will be a huge backlash so we won't ever hear about it. If I'm wrong, I'd love to know.

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No news, uh?

779e913b7a6ea3148570e30c11bffd78.jpg
    I'm all for upping the limit if/when possible, so that's that.

On the other hand my subjective thoughts.

I think the newer homes are nicer looking empty than some older ones, so its easier to make them look nice within the limits. So many people say its impossible to make them look good with only 700 slots but I recently bought Pantherfang and have been looking at peoples for ideas and I've seen many and (to toot my own horn) my own, that i think look very good and very fleshed out.

While i know what is meant in these threads, the 700 limit is a little off, with 110 busts/statues/etc plus 12 pets/mounts/houseguests/companions plus and the other 10 i think? you can really add a lot beyond 700. My current Pantherfang has 808 items in it.

Again, no arguments on whats been said, I'm all for more slots in whatever way (especially houseguest ones) just saying a lot can be done within the limits with some imagination.

Decorating is all subjective so what I like others will hate, but feel free to have a look at mine if your curious - PC NA Pantherfang Chapel @everseeing . Its in the EHT mod open house as well.
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    @everseeing_njpreub18_ESO I saw your house, Nice Job!! When it comes to Pantherfang you can definitely get away with less items. You got to embrace open spaces. With Pantherfang this works out well. As for the other homes I'm to broke to try.

I opened my house to visitors. It's the first time I'm doing this so I hope I don't screw it up. I'm proud of what I did. I didn't need to close any rooms though I did emphasize parts of it over others. It's on PC NA Pantherfang Chapel @AngryGremlin . I have not figured out EHT so it's not there yet.

I quickly added my home to EHT Community Hub. I found out the external program it uses stays on all the time. I'm not wild about that so I uninstalled it. I would like to be listed on the EHT Hub but having a program always running in the background gives my the willy's.
    Edited by LaughingGremlin on 13 October 2021 00:40
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm desperate for additional slots even to the extent that I'd spend Crowns on it if I could.

I run a guild house for several large guilds. As such I have approximately a billion crafting tables, merchant, banker, transmutation station, target dummies......all the mod cons! With the next update I'm going to need to support Armory too. It's becoming almost impossible to have a guild hall that looks good and is functional too. I'm dropping eye-candy furnishings left right and centre to make room for useful stuff.

There are so many ways around this. PLEASE ZoS...... give us a break !!
    @everseeing_njpreub18_ESO I saw your house, Nice Job!! When it comes to Pantherfang you can definitely get away with less items. You got to embrace open spaces. With Pantherfang this works out well. As for the other homes I'm to broke to try.

I opened my house to visitors. It's the first time I'm doing this so I hope I don't screw it up. I'm proud of what I did. I didn't need to close any rooms though I did emphasize parts of it over others. It's on PC NA Pantherfang Chapel @AngryGremlin . I have not figured out EHT so it's not there yet.

I quickly added my home to EHT Community Hub. I found out the external program it uses stays on all the time. I'm not wild about that so I uninstalled it. I would like to be listed on the EHT Hub but having a program always running in the background gives my the willy's.

I'm going to stop by as soon as i am home, i enjoy looking at others homes.