The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Undaunted Event – Activity Finder Feedback

• DonRavello
    DonRavello
    ✭✭✭
    1st attempt: FAILED

PCEU prime time - full group, using dungeon finder for specific vet dungeons (event dungeons), instant pop, one DD never got any message to confirm, tried two times, quit queue, manually ported in

2nd attempt: SUCCESS

PCEU prime time - same group, using dungeon finder for specific vet dungeons (event dungeons), pop after 1:30 mins, all got the message, auto-ported in

3rd attempt: FAILED

PCEU prime time - same group, using dungeon finder for specific vet dungeons (event dungeons), no pop within 5 minutes, quit queue, manually ported in
    Options
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mandricus wrote: »
    PC-EU, prime time, queued as DD for veteran Darkshade Caverns 1 (which is pledge today), 30 min queue, came here to write this message to report that finder was not working, dungeon popped in the meantime while I was writing the post :). Still, queue took a little bit longer than expected, compared to last evenings at prime time for a daily veteran pledge.

That sounds more like a queue as DPS issue and not a activity finder issue, imo.
    Options
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pc eu

Seems to be okay, random normal as a tank was a 15 minute wait

Dungeon white gold tower was a big laggy on the last 2 bosses

Otherwise fine, given previous experience very impressed. A big improvement 🙂
    Options
  • MachoKen
    MachoKen
    ✭✭✭
    Group finder working ok for me so far as a healer or dps on PC/NA, queueing for specific dungeons as a solo player.

Problem is EU not NA....
    Options
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a different bug. I declined a Ready check but the group finder would not dequeue me and kept me queued and sending me ready checks. The only way out was to quit the game.
    Options
  • Nibbana
    Nibbana
    ✭✭
    I have been queuing between 6:30pm EST and now (8:45pm EST) on PC-NA. One DPS queue was for FG1, one DPS for vCoH1, and as a healer for vBC. No issues. All very timely queues with no issues or errors.

Thank you so much to the Zenimax team for all your hard work getting the dungeon finder working and the event back up!
    Options
  • Nibbana
    Nibbana
    ✭✭
    Nibbana wrote: »
    I have been queuing between 6:30pm EST and now (8:45pm EST) on PC-NA. One DPS queue was for FG1, one DPS for vCoH1, and as a healer for vBC. No issues. All very timely queues with no issues or errors.

Thank you so much to the Zenimax team for all your hard work getting the dungeon finder working and the event back up!

My apologies. I queued for 4 dungeons in this time-window. vCoH1 was actually as heals, and I also queued for vDS1 as dps.
    Options
  • Tinolyn
    Tinolyn
    ✭✭✭
    PC/NA - around 6:30 p.m. MST (mountain standard time)
    1st and 2nd login attempts - Error 307 (account already logged in); logged into PC/EU, logged off; 3rd attempt to PC/NA went through.

Queued for random normal as solo DPS (CP 810) - wait time ~ 10 min. Ported in; no issues; no dc's or missing people in group. Zoning in was about what I come to expect -- not stupid long load screens, but not speedy either.

xxxx
    PC/EU - around 7 p.m. MST Thursday (2 a.m. Friday GMT)

Login to server - no issue.

Queued for random normal as solo DPS (CP 364) - wait time ~ 5 min. Ported in; zoning as expected. No issues.

Not bad overall. Appreciate the improvements, hope it continues to work.

Options
  • jetplane_18
    jetplane_18
    ✭✭✭
    So I've had a minor issue a couple of times. The dungeon mode in the group menu says we're in normal when we're actually in a veteran instance. This has happened twice when I queued with a full group. I can't recall the circumstance for the first one but the second time, we had just finished a different dungeon -- even had the finished activity thing message on right hand bar. This happened on PCNA about half an hour ago. Like I said, not a massive issue, more of an error with the UI.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duo Queued
    DPS and Healer
    10 minute wait time
    PS4 NA
    10 PM EST
    Was just running around in circles in town casting random heals at strangers. Oh I also used random emotes at some people while singing nonsense like deedly doo. Though I guess you didn't need that last part since I was not mic'ed.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 10 January 2020 03:08
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS4 NA, time 2-hours after event started.

No trouble getting in. Did 10-12 dungeons total.

Had the trouble others have already stated already. Queued at times even with a full or partial group and the next dungeon would not pop when queued. Had to break group and reform and queueing again got instant entry. Honestly this was an issue before the event as well.

Stated before in another thread a few days ago.

“Don’t know if this will help but I personally have found that sometimes it would seem I did the actions of queueing to fast or rather went to quick in the menu and hit the buttons to quick. The screen says I am queued, but it never pops for BG’s or dungeons. If I do not get in a match or dungeon in 5-10 minutes, I leave queue and back out of the menu then go back in and wait 1-2 seconds between button pushes.

When I do this, I generally get a BG match or dungeon within a few minutes if not instance on a tank. Don’t know but it seems that for whatever reason the game on my side (client) thanks I am in queue, but server side apparently does not. Which is the reason I never get into a match or dungeon because the server does not know I am looking for one.”
    Options
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    An absolute disaster with stamb battle skills. Controls unressponsive or lagging like hell. Instead of usual rota, I keep standing and swinging randomly with light attacks. Good job, zeni, hard content absolutely unplayable on ps4 EU for now. every time designers and authors come up with some top-notch content, you manage to destroy it with programming apocalypse. Keep up the good work - can't remember a single time any update actually IMPROVED something instead of breaking apart.
    Options
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thursday evening (around 8:30 GMT), PC/EU

Grouped with a friend (both dd) and queued for a random normal dungeon, waited for 30 minutes, nothing happened.

Other players were complaining in zone chat they were waiting for longer, 50 minutes or more.

[PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EU PC.
    Whatever was changed for dungeon finder - it made it only worse. Before Update solo lfg ready check popup in a minute, after update q solo - sit half an hour in q despite during such events it should popup instantly.
    Options
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they could outsource coding to India - it couldn't be worse and they'd save valuable resources that could be used to expand the crown store with even more pay2play stuff.
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In general: I applaud the attitude taken by ZOS, the acknowledgement that this might/might not work and that further development might be needed. And that the experiences of players is being sought in a constructive manner.

Overall: on PC EU. Ran a bunch of dungeons from 3pm GMT to midnight. All as a 4 player group, all in discord, all using the ‘find a specific dungeon’ option to play the 4 ‘mask motif’ dungeons repeatedly. Queues would pop almost immediately in almost all runs.

Issues:
    1. 1 case of complete failure to function when I selected all 4 of the ‘mask motif’ dungeons. The Group Finder just crapped out and gave up. We were in the queue and then we weren’t. Subsequent queuing where I selected a single dungeon or 2 dungeons immediately afterwards worked as expected and popped immediately. Did not attempt to select 4 dungeons again, so no idea if the issue could be repeated.

2. 1 case of “someone declined....” when everyone had accepted... working as intended eh?

3. 1 case of 307 booted from server while in dungeon , followed by a prolonged 304 you are already logged in. Eventually player was able to come back into the game/dungeon

Initial impression:
    Vaguely positive. Hasn’t destroyed PC EU (so that’s good)... yet. It seems to be working roughly as well as I remember it working 18 months ago. Still has its ‘moments’ and foibles, but less so than 6 months ago.

Event feedback:
    The reward boxes are rubbish - 1 Undaunted key or 1 transmute crystal when I’m doing a vet HM (which will give me more of both) just feels patronising and stupid. They’re not rewards, or incentives they’re jokes.
    More seriously, the fact that no one will be able to earn all the motifs through playing the game is a f-ing insult to players and a rancid cash grab from the ZOS beancounters. It sends out a malicious and predatory message about how ZOS view events like this. Everyone involved in planning this should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.
    Options
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, are you saying these motifs/styles that can drop during the event are parallelly available in the crown store?
    Options
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    want to recommend a report system. so far there's a real issue with fake healers who cant do what they que as and have no intention of helping, really gives the rest of us a bad name. I'd like to recommend a report system where if you have someone playing as a role they aren't, or just standing back and letting everybody else do the work and not helping, there should be a system where you can report it, and people who get reported for it get put into other groups with people who have already been reported. kind of like a bad behavior que, putting the ones who aren't helpful or fake a role just to get in a group faster get put with others who do so.
    Options
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That wouldn't work even on paper.
    Someone would have to go through the reports, and noone will hire staff for this. Plus, there could be thoudands of reports per day. And there's no way to tell whether the report is fake or legit.
    Options
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno PS4 NA we're having a problem getting a replacement, waited 5 minutes and then gave up, happened in ICP and BC i'm on DPS and it's not taking long to get into a group.

Between 6-10pm there was a lot of lag and group members getting kicked out
    Options
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    Farming FG1 from 06:00 gmt on PCEU using specific dungeon request

2 Characters, both tanks

CP1200+
    instant dungeon after queuing
    Tried 3 times, all with maximum of 10 second wait to enter dungeon

CP190

Ran 15 dungeons maximum wait time to enter 30 sec throughout
    Average wait 10-15 secs
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    full group, gueued to a specific dungeon, after 2 min without pop up we tped there

Yesterday I had the same thing, 4 man group, tank+healer+2dd. Had to port in as the queue didn't pop. Today I queued solo on a DD for only a couple of the dungeons that are dropping the opal masks, got a group in a few minutes, then the same group queued 4 times for a different dungeon and got in right away, so it's a mixed bag but generally positive.
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfbone wrote: »
    want to recommend a report system. so far there's a real issue with fake healers who cant do what they que as and have no intention of helping, really gives the rest of us a bad name. I'd like to recommend a report system where if you have someone playing as a role they aren't, or just standing back and letting everybody else do the work and not helping, there should be a system where you can report it, and people who get reported for it get put into other groups with people who have already been reported. kind of like a bad behavior que, putting the ones who aren't helpful or fake a role just to get in a group faster get put with others who do so.

I'd suggest offering this feedback in the threads about roles in group content, as there are several of them. It's a hard thing to implement though, as any reporting system can be abused to troll someone.
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    Oh, are you saying these motifs/styles that can drop during the event are parallelly available in the crown store?

Yes.

There are 12 - 15 event tickets available during this event. At 5 tickets per style, players will only be able to purchase 3 of these through tickets earned in game. They cannot earn enough tickets to buy these via gameplaying.

Players can purchase event tickets with crowns. This fundamentally ‘Crown stores’ the motifs. I know players who have spent an obscene amount of crowns to buy feathers and berries. This extends that situation.

This feels deliberately exploitative to me and makes me feel that ZOS are less interested in player enjoyment and more interested in simply bleeding them for cash.
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    Octopuss wrote: »

Yes.

There are 12 - 15 event tickets available during this event. At 5 tickets per style, players will only be able to purchase 3 of these through tickets earned in game. They cannot earn enough tickets to buy these via gameplaying.

Players can purchase event tickets with crowns. This fundamentally ‘Crown stores’ the motifs. I know players who have spent an obscene amount of crowns to buy feathers and berries. This extends that situation.

This feels deliberately exploitative to me and makes me feel that ZOS are less interested in player enjoyment and more interested in simply bleeding them for cash.

I would have thought you'd have been tipped off by the fact that these motifs are the fugly versions of the weapon styles already sold through timed exclusives in the clown store, with only the mask/shoulder being obtainable through playing. I guess some people's faith in the benign nature of microtransactions just can't be shaken.
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so for the event it suppose to drop blue Undaunted Boxes after your first purple for the day with all types of different loot but for the last two days I'm only ever getting Undaunted Plunder, one in each box nothing else, is this right?

I mean this event only goes for a couple of days right, how the hell are you suppose to collect all the different drops?? I'll play some more tomorrow but after that I'll only be doing one dungeon a day for the tickets. If there is anything I hate more its grinding over and over. :(
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC NA
    Queued as a tank, a healer, and a DPS
    all lvl 10s
    starting around a hour before the dailies reset.

Healer, took a couple minutes, random pick of FG1, no issues.

Tank, group formed before I got out of menu, random pick FG1, no issues

DPS, quit queue after 8-9 minutes to join group form through one of my guilds.

Premade group queuing up, went straight in, random pick of BC1, no issues
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • Wheresthetea11
    Wheresthetea11
    ✭✭✭✭
    Group finder is working well, had extremely short ques on my healer late last night. The only problem I ran into was during one dungeon, the tank in the group dc’d and never came back. As crown was passed to me, I gave them a few minutes to come back and when they didn’t, paused the run to kick and find a replacement.

Upon opening the group menu, their name didn’t even appear in the group list (even though it showed they were offline in the top corner) and I was unable to kick as a result. Thank goodness it was normal and I was able to at least slot a taunt to help out but things could have been a lot messier if it was a harder dungeon. Xbox NA.
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did the three vet pledges last night. 2 of them attempting to use GF. 11pm eastern time.

Round 1: queued with 1 friend (tank and dps). queue went for 10 minutes. restarted it, went for 5 more. restarted it. 2 more minutes. restart. group found.

Round 2: still in group and in dungeon, other dps and heals left. queue went for 5 minutes. we decide to leave dungeon and group and reform. Got 2 more friends. queue went 5 minutes. left queue and just teleported in.

Third dungeon we just ported to.
    Edited by SpacemanSpiff1 on 10 January 2020 15:26
    Options
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8:30am CEST today (January 10th), PC/EU. Queued up for random normal to get tickets on a DD character. Got a pop in about a minute and let me tell you, event or no PC/EU is usually deader than dead at that time of day.
    Options