The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

RIP EU SERVER

• SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one saw guilds being refunded more than they bid either and that is apparently happening though nobody wants to tell you that because they're hoping nobody notices.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
    Options
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My chief complaint with the multi-bid system was that it was impossible to test it thoroughly. The PTS does not get the same traffic, nor does bidding on it have the same urgency. I specifically said it was impossible to know how long it would take the server to calculate the results of the bids, and that it would cause problems when multi-bid went live.

It appears to me that what has happened is related to precisely that. There is always a delay of about 5 minutes between bid close and when results are posted. There is further another 5-minute delay between finding out if you've won your bid and unbid traders being able to be hired. It seems that 5 minutes was not enough time for those calculations to be made with the new multi-bidding "feature" and since there was no additional delay coded in, the kiosks went "available to hire" before the results of bids were posted.

This sucks, and I'm so sorry to all those affected. As if running a trade guild and dealing with the weekly bids isn't stressful enough, to have this introduced by a system that was intended to make this "less stressful" is an extraordinary slap in the face. @ZOS_GinaBruno, you guys have time to stop this from happening on PC/NA. Please do.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
    Options
  • Shamisa_En
    Shamisa_En
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno if you're going to actually address the ridiculous guild trader bid refunds, maybe with a roll back, you should probably be taking the server down?
    The devil's in the details.
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    Why ignore ll the warnings about multi bidding?

Because it was easier to disregard us.

And why not fix performance and guild issues BEFORE CHANGING THINGS? I swear we begged you.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
    Options
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that EU are just guinepigs
    Even associating with ZOS at this point is disgusting
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    I love that EU are just guinepigs
    Even associating with ZOS at this point is disgusting

Not their choice, I'm sure.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    Options
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    Could the topic poster please add 'PvP' to the title.

With every dramatic complaint post about server performance, i always think wtf r u talking about?!
    I only do PvE and i never have the issues mentioned in these topics.

geez
    Edited by dagrdagaz_5912 on 18 August 2019 21:08
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

With every dramatic complaint post about server performance, i always think wtf r u talking about?!

geez

It evolved to be about other issues, including the trader swap.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    Options
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭

geez

Guild bidding, end game PvP!
    Options
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

geez

*points to ZOS responses*

*stops feeding trolls*
    Options
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Multi-bidding...

xB5y25H.gif
    Options
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

geez

Did you read ANY of the topic? It isn't just a PvP issue. Here's a poster who was having severe issues doing crafting writs.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Options
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVE is still a thing?
    How many times can you kill the same thing in exactly the same way.
    Options
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yall complaining about ZOS, yet youre spending money on ESO+ and hundreds of dollars on crown crates, im sure they are gonna change the way of looking at things if you just keep throwing money at them.
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
    Options
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No reason at all to stay ESO+
    The DLCs are all blah, unless you need the4 item sets which realistically arent all that good
    Edited by dtsharples on 18 August 2019 21:26
    Options
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    PVE is still a thing?
    How many times can you kill the same thing in exactly the same way.

Sometimes I go to Cyro to kill swarms of NPCs who pretend to be real people over and over again on the same objective all day ad nauseam. Breaks up the monotony of veteran PvE.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
    Options
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenor.gif
    And what is the answer to the effects of this awesome uplift in the quality of life for GM's?

Turn off guild history :(

Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on 18 August 2019 21:38
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS shouldnt be allowed to make any more games that require a server connection. Its disgraceful
    Options
  • Denver21
    Denver21
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Our trader in Cormount was showing the Bid on Trader and Hire Trader option when I went to place our bid for next week. Shortly after that someone must have come along who didn't have a trader and they hired it even though we won our trader this week.

But, but, but.. this patch is soooooo awesooooooome! Served with a dollop of awesome sauce!
    Options
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My chief complaint with the multi-bid system was that it was impossible to test it thoroughly. The PTS does not get the same traffic, nor does bidding on it have the same urgency. I specifically said it was impossible to know how long it would take the server to calculate the results of the bids, and that it would cause problems when multi-bid went live.

It appears to me that what has happened is related to precisely that. There is always a delay of about 5 minutes between bid close and when results are posted. There is further another 5-minute delay between finding out if you've won your bid and unbid traders being able to be hired. It seems that 5 minutes was not enough time for those calculations to be made with the new multi-bidding "feature" and since there was no additional delay coded in, the kiosks went "available to hire" before the results of bids were posted.

This sucks, and I'm so sorry to all those affected. As if running a trade guild and dealing with the weekly bids isn't stressful enough, to have this introduced by a system that was intended to make this "less stressful" is an extraordinary slap in the face. @ZOS_GinaBruno, you guys have time to stop this from happening on PC/NA. Please do.

Perhaps is ZOS had done some responses to our concerns that were expressed in the PTS thread, this might have come up. You would also think it common sense to program in for each step to proceed only after the previous one has completed. Who would have thought it would be a L2P issue. (Learn 2 Program).

So can we now have a Sub Forum for Guild and Trader issues?
    Edited by Grimm13 on 19 August 2019 05:13
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
    Options
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just curious: being warned by PCEU, did they manage to prevent trader bingo melting down at PCNA?
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just didn't happen since only pc EU is just an 1980 calculator

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

Options
  • Mrs_Malaka
    Mrs_Malaka
    ✭✭✭✭
    It just didn't happen since only pc EU is just an 1980 calculator

God I miss those old school Casios... :(
    "But screw your courage to the sticking-place,
    And we’ll not fail."

PC/NA & EU
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey EU traders, just wanted to tell you I'm really sorry you got so screwed, and many of us send our sympathies. We were very lucky that thus far we haven't experienced what you have but I'm fairly sure that's not luck, but them learning from what happened to you and fixing it.

What I'll tell you I've seen while reviewing every single trader in the game tonight, in case you are curious.

A couple of major guilds ended up in slightly less good places. not horrible. I'm seeing a major influx in trader guilds I either haven't heard of, or those that I have seen rarely. So mostly the mid-level guilds are missing, replaced with newer/unknown guilds. I'm sure that'll sort itself out in time once people figure out how to bid in this new system.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    Options
  • Grollok76
    Grollok76
    ✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    This new system isn’t exactly working as I thought it would :wink:

Actually it's working exactly the way most people expected it to work...

Options
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey EU traders, just wanted to tell you I'm really sorry you got so screwed, and many of us send our sympathies. We were very lucky that thus far we haven't experienced what you have but I'm fairly sure that's not luck, but them learning from what happened to you and fixing it.

What I'll tell you I've seen while reviewing every single trader in the game tonight, in case you are curious.

A couple of major guilds ended up in slightly less good places. not horrible. I'm seeing a major influx in trader guilds I either haven't heard of, or those that I have seen rarely. So mostly the mid-level guilds are missing, replaced with newer/unknown guilds. I'm sure that'll sort itself out in time once people figure out how to bid in this new system.

glad NA didnt have problems and thank you for the support
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
    Options
  • DonRavello
    DonRavello
    ✭✭✭
    Although I am happy for the NA-players that everything went well there, my evil twin hoped that NA would be wrecked as well, only to get ZOS' attention on the topic. Now that NA is fine, why care about those pesky EU players?

Guild traders distributed randomly? - It will resolve automatically in one week. Maybe
    Economy ruined by refunding billions to already rich guilds? - Not an issue, prices will skyrocket, but eventually the market will balance itself.
    Server lags? - Guys, seriously? Just don't play at prime time. In six months we'll insert 1 more GB of RAM, so you can have twice the fun.
    Rollback? - Are you insane? We know, this exists in theory, but it was never tested. And by the way: It was programmed by the same people ...

[/end trolling]
    Don
    Options
  • Eyllora
    Eyllora
    ✭✭✭
    Hello @StabbityDoom
    Thanks a lot for your support :heart:
    I'm happy that everything worked well for you. We crossed fingers for you guys !!
    Have good sales this week :-)
    Options
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OsManiaC wrote: »

Glad NA didnt have problems

The Beta Test on EU Server tought ZOS a lot. ;)
    Options
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    so the fix is to literally "switch it off and on again"?

Yes, but please don't phone them right now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2F1rFmyQmY
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
    Options
This discussion has been closed.