Flying mounts for new zones. Yay or nay?

todokete
todokete
✭✭✭✭✭
I would love to see new zones with flying mounts. Like Skyrim with dragons. It's possible in Skyrim so it's not against the lore.

Flying mounts for new zones. Yay or nay? 281 votes

Yay
9%
Beolundquadraxis666OmniDoAefionBloodclawLucyferLightbringerCążkiOGNZ3LadyNalcaryaFischblutakl77GreenhaloXTheImperfectMehrunesFlagonAurieZeroXFFElectrone_MagnusAnomanderisPurakeEdoKeledusAnonomissXTaunky 27 votes
Nay
45%
SirAndychuck-18_ESOSolarikenGilvothOakmontowls_ESOGalendeadsheepb14_ESODarcyMardinVajrakBrooksPxaraanPhilhypeNemesis7884TryxusAimoraSkayaqYakidafieklhaftb16_ESOdennissomb16_ESOanitajoneb17_ESO 129 votes
Just go back to WoW
44%
Conduit0nexxus_ESOPinesyZardayneashenehb14_ESOBigBraggkennethkatalkypranb14_ESOEthoirCipherNinewenchmore420b14_ESOxMovingTargetGythralalanmatillab16_ESOMaster_FluffPrinceDamienSoupDragonAnkaridanAlayneStoneCarmina 125 votes
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It looks cool and all but the game isn't designed to be able to leave the map, not even go in certain locations, so I really doubt it would be implemented.
    EU PC
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would much more prefer underwater content. :wink:
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand some are new to the game or do not keep track of information coming from Zos so I will repeat their message.

There will never be flying mounts in ESO. Never. They did not design the game for flying mounts and it would take a lot of work to put the missing axis into the game. They do not think the effort it worth it.
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yan
    Options
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Flying mounts destroy quest design, bypass content, create endless headaches for game developers (ask Blizzard), add nothing to gameplay, and were available in only a single TES title in twenty five years, and even then was limited to running a circle over a single point on the map.

So... no.
    Options
  • WolfingHour
    WolfingHour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    I'll add a yawn to the nay.
    Options
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just go back to WoW
    I can only imagen the issues with it
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
    Options
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yay
    Khamira (briefly) rides a dragon in the new trailer, if a cat can do it, we want flying too! :wink:
    Options
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    Capes are impossible to implement due to the game engine but flying mounts are OK?
    I don't think so.
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    todokete wrote: »
    I would love to see new zones with flying mounts. Like Skyrim with dragons. It's possible in Skyrim so it's not against the lore.

A Dragon gave permission to the Dragonborn to be carried around =/= everyone and their cousin jumping on a Gryphon to do their daily writs in Rimmen.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS has said it isn't possible to do on their engine so no real use talking about it.
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nay
    In an ideal world, yes and I think it would actually be really cool, but this game can barely function as is. Flying mounts would just add another mapping/spatial calculation to the already trembling patchwork of messy code, and the whole thing would likely just crumble.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only if I can Top Gun players like I used to on my Boomkin.
    Options
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just go back to WoW
    You know where to go.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    tumblr_mlbpjmqytm1rv8b97o7_250.gif
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    Actual "flying" mounts are an absolute no in this game.

There is only one way something loosely similar to "flying mounts" could ever work in ESO, and that is to make them function as an assistant (like the merchant/banker) which functions as a free wayshrine. The summon restrictions would have to combine the summon restrictions for other assistants (no Cyrodiil) and mounts (no indoors, no dungeons, etc). Throw in a mounting and take-off animation and then go straight to the load screen. And let it be used as a furnishing.

Other than that, no. No part of this game has ever been designed for it, it would suck to have such a function restricted to new zones, and it would cause the design of those new zones to suck. This game just isn't made for it.
    Options
  • Razzledazzle_dar
    Razzledazzle_dar
    ✭✭✭
    Just go back to WoW
    Please no. Please. Enough of this.
    AD PC/NA
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just go back to WoW
    2v16q2t.jpg
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    It’s crazy people ask for this kind of thing. Are we playing the same game? Do you not experience the blue screens/ crashes and lag like everyone else? They have three huge flying dragons in Elsweyr and that just about broke the game. Now imagine how awful this game would be if everyone could fly.....
    Edited by blkjag on 19 July 2019 22:14
    Options
  • Slayer62
    Slayer62
    ✭✭
    Just go back to WoW
    if u wanna go far from reality ok
    Options
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes pls add flying mounts to crownstore exslusively and then allow to use them in Cyrodiil.
    Options
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nay
    I like hard to find secrets and the flying hurts that. Wish we had a better jump and mantle system and could climb stuff.

Like this!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF3OdkHA0q0
    Options
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nay
    do you WANT this game to explode?
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the people saying, never will happen. Buying skyshards and maxing skill lines in crown store was also a "never will happen".
    Options
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just go back to WoW
    idk wrote: »
    I understand some are new to the game or do not keep track of information coming from Zos so I will repeat their message.

There will never be flying mounts in ESO. Never. They did not design the game for flying mounts and it would take a lot of work to put the missing axis into the game. They do not think the effort it worth it.

Rich Lambert also said there would never be dragons in ESO... and 5 years later ESO has dragons. Their words do not have much value.
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just go back to WoW
    Vizikul wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

Rich Lambert also said there would never be dragons in ESO... and 5 years later ESO has dragons. Their words do not have much value.

Dragons did not involve changing the game engine.
    ESO is a horizontal based game. Vertical moment is not possible with this engine, thus, no flying on mounts.
    Plus, no flying on dragons unless you are a dragonborn, which we are not, and the AD Griffon riders, which are few, and we are not also. So lore say's no too.

Just my 2 drakes...
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Options
  • kirgeo
    kirgeo
    ✭✭✭
    Nay
    I'd rather have underwater content.
    Options
  • Nilarynpaw
    Nilarynpaw
    ✭✭✭
    Just go back to WoW
    I never felt like wanting to fly in ESO, although it would be interesting to see some places from above. But no, not all the time.

Sure, riding dragons in Skyrim was cool, but flying in ESO... Would break immersion for me.

I wish for one thing though: less stupid mountains which you can not pass unless you take a big circle around to get from A to B.
    PC EU: 810+ CP
    "Only the Aldmeri—the High Elves and their noble allies, the Wood Elves and Cat-Men—have the wisdom and restraint to peaceably rule the disparate peoples of Tamriel. [...] Men always follow the destructive path of their defender and apologist, the Missing God whom we shall not name. [...] The world has gone wrong, and we must put it right. March proudly beneath the eagle banner of the Aldmeri Dominion! "
    Options
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    "It's possible in Skyrim so it's not agains the lore." Well go play Skyrim then, because I don't think you get "the lore".
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    Options