Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Creating Outfits for Other Players

sozo108
sozo108
✭✭✭
The new outfit system sounds just about perfect, and as a master crafter on PS4 I can't wait to jump into an outfit station on 2/27 and make new outfits with all the motifs I've collected. I would like to make one suggestion for a future update that could vastly increase the value of crafters in the game:

Please allow crafters to make and sell outfits to other players.

Up until now motif collecting's primary value was for fulfilling master writs since crafted gear is almost never BIS. However now that you can wear BIS gear AND customize its style, all the months/years, gold, and crowns master crafters invested in their motif knowledge can finally pay off...with a big caveat that the payoff only applies to themselves. By forcing a player to know a motif in order to wear it in an outfit encourages everyone to become crafters for themselves and hurts the already struggling in-game economy of crafters as a profession.

If crafters could make and trade/sell outfits to other players it would breathe new life into crafting and be a huge boost to the economy. This could be achieved in many ways, but here are a few ideas:
  1. A crafter and customer could group together and both interact at an outfit station. The customer can see a preview of the outfit the crafter is creating (preferably on the customer's character) and provide feedback as to dyes, styles, and weight for each piece. When finished the crafter submits the request for gold amount through the outfit station's interface, and when the customer submits the requested gold the outfit will be given to the customer. This would require that the customer's character have an empty outfit slot which would be filled when the transaction is complete. ZOS would also likely see an increase in crown purchases of new outfit slots with this system.
  2. A customer could create an "outfit request ticket" at an outfit station by previewing and customizing what they want their outfit to look like even with styles and dyes they don't have knowledge of. They could then trade this ticket to a crafter or link it in zone and guild chats when looking for a crafter. The crafter could use it as a quick guide when making the outfit or ideally do a "quick automatic craft" if they have all the required knowledge to fulfill the ticket's order. The outfit can then be created (temporarily filling an outfit slot) and traded to the customer for gold or other items.
  3. Crafters could craft outfits and list them in guild traders. Customers can preview the outfit on their toon at the trader, and when they purchase the outfit it fills an outfit slot.
  4. Add outfit mannequins as housing furnishings (crown-only if you must) and allow crafters to display outfits on the mannequins. Crafters could then role-play as dressmakers and in theory create a whole display of various outfits in their homes so friends and guildmates could come and preview their creations before purchasing them with gold from the crafters.

Please ZOS consider some of these possibilities when further updating the outfit system. I really think it would help maximize the potential of this amazing new system, reward crafters for their dedication and hard work, bring players together, and be a breath of fresh creative air in the game with endless possibilities.
Edited by sozo108 on 19 February 2018 15:42
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would have worked fine with a true transmog system (unless bind on everything like transmute -.- )

Zos is 0 interested in giving crafters ways to get revenue. They have proven this in each main QoL update - making sure the systems are either bound to character or account so that everyone individually must sink in gold and time to achieve them. The gold sink and crown store would not work half as well if anyone could just ask in zone chat to get what they want for a measly sum to the plethora of crafters in the game.

(Think nirnhoned - for sure they'd go back and make crafting 'end game' traits gear BoP and then sell those items through gear packages in crown store)

I entirely agree with the crafter mindset that we should be able to take someone else's gear. Dye/Transmute/Transmog it, and give it back to player - if not crafted from scratch. All this without it becoming bound.

Edited by Spacemonkey on 16 February 2018 16:14
  • sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    That would have worked fine with a true transmog system (unless bind on everything like transmute -.- )

Zos is 0 interested in giving crafters ways to get revenue. They have proven this in each main QoL update - making sure the systems are either bound to character or account so that everyone individually must sink in gold and time to achieve them. The gold sink and crown store would not work half as well if anyone could just ask in zone chat to get what they want for a measly sum to the plethora of crafters in the game.

(Think nirnhoned - for sure they'd go back and make crafting 'end game' traits gear BoP and then sell those items through gear packages in crown store)

I entirely agree with the crafter mindset that we should be able to take someone else's gear. Dye/Transmute/Transmog it, and give it back to player - if not crafted from scratch. All this without it becoming bound.

I do like that the outfit system works more as a costume overlay without actually changing the gear itself. If ZOS would let us make and sell/trade these outfits then it would get around the whole bound item conundrum because you could still craft and dye a costume style for someone else without needing their bound items.
  • esocrafter86
    esocrafter86
    Soul Shriven
    I love these ideas!!! ZOS PLEASE let us trade and sell outfits so crafters can get some extra reward. #2 and 3 especially would be awesome.
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're that interested in it, I have a work request already. I need an outfit that resembles the one used by Geralt of Rivia.

latest?cb=20170606064646
  • sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    LordSemaj wrote: »
    If you're that interested in it, I have a work request already. I need an outfit that resembles the one used by Geralt of Rivia.

latest?cb=20170606064646

I play on PS4 NA, so it's kind of hard to design an outfit right now without the outfit system and previewing in-game. Here is my best guess for you for a Geralt outfit:

Head: hide helmet
    Chest: Assassin's League Medium
    Shoulders: Akaviri Light
    Hands: Thieves Guild Medium
    Waist: Nord Light
    Legs: Imperial Medium
    Feet: Imperial Medium
    Swords: Akaviri and High Elf
    Dyes: Obsidian Black, Wolf's Fur Brown, Boethiah Gray
    Hair Style: Dominion War-Locks
    Facial Hair: Poet's Stubble

But this goes to my point...if you want this you would now need to go out and farm or buy the motifs and dyes yourself where it would be so much fun and rewarding if crafters could receive a request like this and make it, name it, display it, sell it, etc.
  • gwilcken
    gwilcken
    Soul Shriven
    I think sobelding has some great ideas. The amount of time and effort to reach Master Crafter seems to have been negated by the new crafting system. Giving these dedicated players a means of benefiting seems to be in order. I for one would not want to start collecting Motifs just to acquire the "Cool" looks that can be obtained by the new outfitting system. Please ZOS, comment!
  • sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    After finally getting the update on PS4 just wanted to say how much I'm loving the outfit system. It really is amazing to use, most exciting update for crafters yet. If only crafters could make outfits like this and sell them for gold we'd all be rich. :)

U0wZt7W.jpg
  • bradylab
    bradylab
    Soul Shriven
    It would be nice if if you could at least make outfits for whomever your player marries via the Shrine of Mara. For my main character, her partner is the one that she has adventured with the most and helped her obtain a lot of her motifs in the first place. Since you can only marry one specific character (not account) at a time, I believe that it would be an acceptable limited option. It would also encourage players to start buying and using the Blessing of Mara package again.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to both crafters and those who don't have a crafter character. Crafters want to share their abilities and others (craftees?) don't need to start collecting motifs from scratch and leveling their crafting skills just for outfits.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.