Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

MacOS High Sierra

• rampoob16_ESO
    rampoob16_ESO
    ✭✭
    Publius_Scipio, I have test it, but nothing changed, there is a white rectangle around the cursor... I think, is apple related because the cursor error with indesign.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Publius_Scipio, I have test it, but nothing changed, there is a white rectangle around the cursor... I think, is apple related because the cursor error with indesign.

This is all strange. As I stated, I upgraded to High Sierra and had no issues with cursor.
  • malbus
    malbus
    Soul Shriven
    I am the same as rampoob up there, I disabled it but the mouse thing is still weird in game.
  • rampoob16_ESO
    rampoob16_ESO
    ✭✭
    MacOS Update 10.13.1 today, nothing changed. It is a Mac Client Bug. please investigate the cursor problem, please...
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MacOS Update 10.13.1 today, nothing changed. It is a Mac Client Bug. please investigate the cursor problem, please...

As I stated before, I haven't run into the issue myself. Strange.
  • rampoob16_ESO
    rampoob16_ESO
    ✭✭
    In Apple Support groups one has downgrade to sierra, ESO is without Cursor Problem. I think ESO has to talk with apple...
  • Castiel_Silvermist
    Castiel_Silvermist
    ✭✭✭
    nCats wrote: »
    Overall sounds like variative experience. Maybe it is ok on better graphics cards.

I updated to High Sierra last night. ESO seems to work for me.

No problems with the cursor?
    Here the cursor is transformed into a blurry square. ^^

I'm having the same problem. My cursor is a square and it lags everything out. I move my mouse and it doesn't want to move. Wish I hadn't had auto updates -_-
    GM of The Order of the Stars
    PC: NA
    Castiel Silvermist -- Stamblade DPS (AD) Wood elf
    Valokiloren -- Templar healer (AD) Dark elf
    Vidia -- Mag Sorc (AD) Breton

• Dan8236
    Dan8236
    ✭✭
    Just upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.1 last week and I am experiencing this problem too. I haven't noticed the mouse glitching on the laptop display but seems to always happen on my thunderbolt display. Does not seem to be model specific but I'll give my laptop stats below.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
    2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
    Radeon Pro 460 4 GB

Apple Thunderbolt Display
    27-inch (2560 x 1440)
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been having this cursor issue for well more than a month now. also the loading screen issue where the very first loading screen looks like static white noise on a tv. i’ll try to get a screenshot. reinstalling whole game to see if that fixes anything
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    JJBoomer wrote: »
    been having this cursor issue for well more than a month now. also the loading screen issue where the very first loading screen looks like static white noise on a tv. i’ll try to get a screenshot. reinstalling whole game to see if that fixes anything

Yep. Same for me. Small hanging graphic square persists on cursor only while on ESO screen. First ZOS load screen has that static white noise look for a few secs lately, as well.
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Castiel_Silvermist
    Castiel_Silvermist
    ✭✭✭
    keto3000 wrote: »

Yep. Same for me. Small hanging graphic square persists on cursor only while on ESO screen. First ZOS load screen has that static white noise look for a few secs lately, as well.

Yes i've been experiencing the static on the ZOS load screen for months now.

• Castiel_Silvermist
    Castiel_Silvermist
    ✭✭✭
    So after a ton of email tag with ZOS, they've finally told me that my Mac falls below the minimum system requirements for ESO, and that there is nothing they can do. So....yeah. Which means I'd have to buy a new mac. great.

Are any of you experiencing this issue on a New mac that you bought in the last 2 years? Mine is from 2012.

• keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    So after a ton of email tag with ZOS, they've finally told me that my Mac falls below the minimum system requirements for ESO, and that there is nothing they can do. So....yeah. Which means I'd have to buy a new mac. great.

Are any of you experiencing this issue on a New mac that you bought in the last 2 years? Mine is from 2012.

I experienced that "disco rain effects until they fixed it with last patch. but the static on first ZOS loading screen seems to be regular and i have a new little square graphic that hangs on my cursor only while moving around in the game screen.

My specs are: 27 in iMac (late 2013) 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i724GB 1600 Mhx ddr3
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M 4 GB

My rig usually runs flawlessly (especially with the current 64 bit client) but these off glitches only started after my mac was updated to High Sierra.
    Edited by keto3000 on 19 February 2018 07:27

― Louise L. Hay
  • Castiel_Silvermist
    Castiel_Silvermist
    ✭✭✭
    It all comes down to the graphics card. Because I play on my macbook pro, I can't put a new graphics card in. So I'll have to either get a new computer or build a rig of my own.

• JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nah, I can definitely confirm this is not a graphics card issue, and my imac is quite old (4 or 5 years now) and none of this was happening until High Sierra and the Clockwork update, and now it's all the time.
  • Castiel_Silvermist
    Castiel_Silvermist
    ✭✭✭
    nah, I can definitely confirm this is not a graphics card issue, and my imac is quite old (4 or 5 years now) and none of this was happening until High Sierra and the Clockwork update, and now it's all the time.

Oh good! yeah no, CWC never gave me issues. It was only when High Sierra installed, that things went south on me. I've never had problems with dlcs or updates to ESO. its only when the OS changes I've had problems. Hopefully Apple will put out another update soon with bug fixes for High Sierra that things might fix themselves.

• Archire
    Archire
    Ok, I accidentally downloaded and installed High Sierra. Apart from the cursor bug that is messing up with my OCD, the game runs smoothly and, I might add, I find it that I have faster loading screens.

Since the cursor only appears when you're using the interface (when you press period) it doesn't bother me 100% of the time, and specially not in dungeons and trials.
    "We commend to Aetherius and thee, Auri-El Blessed Eagle, the soul of the beloved before us. May she find eternal light and warmth in Your blessing, and may she be welcomed into the home from which she has been so long denied."
    —Altmer saying

Arcariel - Altmer Sorcerer - Tank
    Dominii - Altmer Templar - Healer
    Braylinn - Altmer Nightblade - DPS
    Calandriel - Altmer Sorcerer - DPS
    Aldmeri Dominion - North America

Grievance - Family, Honor & Loyalty
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Archire wrote: »
    Ok, I accidentally downloaded and installed High Sierra. Apart from the cursor bug that is messing up with my OCD, the game runs smoothly and, I might add, I find it that I have faster loading screens.

Since the cursor only appears when you're using the interface (when you press period) it doesn't bother me 100% of the time, and specially not in dungeons and trials.

It seems that you only just got the "cursor graphic square bug" after install of High Sierra then its def an Apple/ZOS fix (and not directly resulting from Clockwork City dlc) that is needed. Yes, it only occurs on the TESO interface for me too. If I dbl click on any app outside the windowed game, cursor bug disappears but reappears as soon as I start back on the game's interface. Hopeful they will fix it soon!

― Louise L. Hay
  • Castiel_Silvermist
    Castiel_Silvermist
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure its not linked to the CWC dlc. I was playing CWC before my computer upgraded to High Sierra and had no issues.

• Holycat
    Holycat
    Soul Shriven
    For those interested, I'm on a newer iMac and I have no issues:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
    Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
  • kristokn
    kristokn
    I have the block mouse pointer artifact problem on my Late-2012 iMac w/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX. Annoying, but doesn't make the game unplayable as it goes away when you are in gameplay/mouse-look mode. On my newer 2017 Macbook Pro I have no problems except burning my palms if I try to play too long on it :smile:

Hopefully whatever caused this gets fixed as a 3.2ghz quad-core Intel i5, 16GB RAM, and 2GB NVIDIA card are definitely not UNDER specs for ESO on Mac.

MAC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    Minimum:

OS X 10.9; Intel® Core i3 540 or higher
    4 GB System RAM
    85 GB free HDD space
    AMD Radeon™ 5870 (1GB of VRAM) with OpenGL 4.1
    Internet broadband connection

Recommended:

OS X 10.11
    Intel® Core i5 2500S or higher (Released 2011)
    8 GB System RAM
    85 GB free HDD space
    AMD Radeon™ HD 7870 or higher with OpenGL 4.1
    Khristoph - DC Sorcerer
    Khristian - DC Templar Healer
    Meerahl - DC Nightblade
    Sargøn - DC Warden
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let’s all buy an iMac Pro each!
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    I searched and found this thread which references a similar problem from High Sierra OS for Adobe users of their INDESIGN. Seems most definitely to be a High Sierra-related problem for Apple/ZOS devs to work out.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2386248
    kristokn wrote: »
    I have the block mouse pointer artifact problem on my Late-2012 iMac w/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX. Annoying, but doesn't make the game unplayable as it goes away when you are in gameplay/mouse-look mode. On my newer 2017 Macbook Pro I have no problems except burning my palms if I try to play too long on it :smile:

Hopefully whatever caused this gets fixed as a 3.2ghz quad-core Intel i5, 16GB RAM, and 2GB NVIDIA card are definitely not UNDER specs for ESO on Mac.

MAC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    Minimum:

4 GB System RAM
    85 GB free HDD space

Recommended:

OS X 10.11
    8 GB System RAM
    85 GB free HDD space
    Edited by keto3000 on 27 December 2017 04:39

― Louise L. Hay
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    I installed high sierra shortly after its first update. I was going to come back to ESO today but my cursor freezes when in loading and I can’t even get to character selection :( and I just renewed my sub too
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still experiencing this block mouse pointer artifact problem! It's becoming a nuisance when trying to right click and drop a skill into my active bar. Anyone else still having this or know if ZOS plans a fix soon??
    keto3000 wrote: »
    I searched and found this thread which references a similar problem from High Sierra OS for Adobe users of their INDESIGN. Seems most definitely to be a High Sierra-related problem for Apple/ZOS devs to work out.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2386248
    kristokn wrote: »

MAC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    Minimum:

4 GB System RAM
    85 GB free HDD space

Recommended:

OS X 10.11
    8 GB System RAM
    85 GB free HDD space

― Louise L. Hay
  • Castiel_Silvermist
    Castiel_Silvermist
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, it hasn't been fixed yet. I hope they address this soon, becasue I'm getting royally sick of it.

• Mophet
    Mophet
    ✭✭
    I still have the problem myself but have managed to use a bodged way of getting around it.

Putting the screen into window mode and then making it slightly smaller than the desktop window on the right hand side, I can then move my mouse off the gaming screen and back on again. I found this to be the fastest way of getting my mouse cursor back.

On the CP page you'll need to move the mouse off the bottom of the game screen to desktop and back on again for cursor to return.

Its not great at all but can just about live with it doing that for now.

(This is if your cursor completely disappears not just block artifact problem)
    Edited by Mophet on 19 February 2018 21:04
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. I've been doing the same all this time, but, I've noticed when I'm trying to quickly right-click on a skill to drop into my action bar, that artifact tag will drop whatever it has in it instead which can cost me big time in fast moving groups/dungeons or pvp. It def needs to get fixed.
    I still have the problem myself but have managed to use a bodged way of getting around it.

Putting the screen into window mode and then making it slightly smaller than the desktop window on the right hand side, I can then move my mouse off the gaming screen and back on again. I found this to be the fastest way of getting my mouse cursor back.

On the CP page you'll need to move the mouse off the bottom of the game screen to desktop and back on again for cursor to return.

Its not great at all but can just about live with it doing that for now.

(This is if your cursor completely disappears not just block artifact problem)

― Louise L. Hay
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those that might be watching this thread but not the others that were updated with the cursor fix:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/412808/fix-for-the-white-box-cursor-sticking-bug-for-mac-osx-high-sierra

Edited by smacx250 on 16 May 2018 18:17
  • Mophet
    Mophet
    ✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »
    For those that might be watching this thread but not the others that were updated with the cursor fix:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/412808/fix-for-the-white-box-cursor-sticking-bug-for-mac-osx-high-sierra

Thank you for that as it seems to have fixed the cursor problem.

Go to accessibility settings -> Display, and increase the cursor size. Any amount will do, just more than the default.