Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Xbox Live™ is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://twitter.com/XboxSupport

Additional Weapon Skill Ideas - Mk.II

• Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Additional Crossbows -> but same skills /dmg as bows, just for ESO Fashion... I am in.
    Adds more style to it, ofc new animations. Would be good.

Every 1H shares the same "outfit slot".
    So barehanded or fist weapons should be a big nono. Dagger and Shield is funny enough.

All other ideas .... *shrug*, wrong time. They have enough to do with their balacing and servers. I don't think adding more to their workload is a good idea.

EDIT: oh, it got necro'ed. GJ. Got me. It's Elsweyr now, necro is life.
    Edited by Lisutaris on 11 July 2019 16:38
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lisutaris wrote: »
    Additional Crossbows -> but same skills /dmg as bows, just for ESO Fashion... I am in.
    Adds more style to it, ofc new animations. Would be good.
    Yeah, maybe, I'd take that too, though I really wish there were some slight differences... like i wrote, much like how dagger/sword/mace/axe are different for some skill lines with critical/damage/penetration/bleed...
    Every 1H shares the same "outfit slot".
    So barehanded or fist weapons should be a big nono. Dagger and Shield is funny enough.
    I thought of those as "set of two" as far as weapon selection goes... so "brawling" would have a "set of two brass knuckles" as weapon, which then would be two-handed as to avoid "Shield and Punch!" combinations. Same for Martial Arts Magic with a "set of two mystic bands" or something...
    oh, it got necro'ed. GJ. Got me. It's Elsweyr now, necro is life.
    I like to think of the discussion as... "still valid" instead. Though if they close it, I would just have to redo it as Mk.III (which will happen sooner or later I reckon, but... as long as it doesn't, I think it good for new people to see all the old discussion too, yes?)
    Options
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I really don't like about these posts is that people unnecessarily flesh out the skill lines.
    Just give us the idea (e.g. mounted combat), maybe add a couple of suggestions but let the devs worry about the rest.

When you go and say stuff like
    you can only use light and heavy attacks while mounted and bow attacks have a miss chance of 25%
    you're just hurting your argument.

1. It won't be implemented that way, the devs will design their own system. Your input probably won't be taken into consideration.
    2. You're not a dev and you're therefore lacking the experience to implement new combat mechanics.
    3. Because of that many players immediately see how your proposals are either not viable or broken. And you will lose their support.
    Edited by Ectheliontnacil on 11 July 2019 19:06
    Options
  • Tycleton
    Tycleton
    ✭✭✭
    For magicka, we need a 1)staff [got it], 2) a wand, and 3) a focus option. Wand and Focus would be 1H to staves 2H. So a DW option or even combine with a shield. I really like the focus concept because ZOS would not even need to create a visual. It's a stone or totem held in the palm of the hand. Perhaps have the hand glow if someone really needs to see the sparkly. On the equipment window there would of course be a Focus loaded to the weapon slot thus allowing all the powers and perks of a normal weapon/staff. Outside of a few visuals being developed, this appears to be an easy ask.

For Polearms, have them work like any current 2H weapon. Just add the new visuals for use. Slot a 2H sword, mace, axe or... spear. They don't *have to be* throwable.

For melee staff, we already have much of the staff visual. Just need the attack visuals. We can then give stamina options and have it count as a melee weapon in all respects. The current 2H skilll line could tweak or add a few skills to use.

As one of the nay sayers insinuated above, many of the ideas are not radically new. They could be developed from much of what we already have today. This is as much, if not more, about role playing as it is about combat.
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tycleton wrote: »
    Wand and Focus would be 1H to staves 2H.
    In my ideas, I had the "spell focus" as two-handed alternative to a staff, because I was thinking of big ole spellbooks and meditation crystals, and shaman totems - you know, hold in one hand and make mystic gestures over it with the other to cast your spells, or large enough to hoist up with both hands to spew magic over your enemies and allies...
    ...and yes, I came up with the idea because I really want to have my librarian boy case his spells like this:
    tumblr_nw11lmS1BN1ssvqgko2_r1_500.jpg
    :p;)

1H alternatives for me would be "wand" and "runestone", which would indeed be too small to need a distinct appearance - the wand is a stick with a elemental-ish glow, and the runestone just the mystic glow around the casters hand (and how long have all too many wanted that "empty hand cast" like in other TES games!)
    And yeah, those make most sense as "spellsword" feeling 1H&Magic or duel-wielded for "magic gunslinger" feeling "Twin Magic". To me at least.
    So a DW option or even combine with a shield.
    I don't really think a -magica- character should be using a -physical- shield when their weak bookworm muscles are generally not trained for it due to lack of stamina attribute allocation, yet their keen minds could cast shield spells instead... thus the warding staff & spell focus.

I mean, the historical equivalent to those "magic weapons" are firearms... and while there have been two-handed firearms (muskets) and one-handed ones (pistols) used either as swashbuckling offhand weapon or for the highwayman dual-guns... well, "pistol and shield" never really caught on, did it now? ;)
    For Polearms, have them work like any current 2H weapon. Just add the new visuals for use. Slot a 2H sword, mace, axe or... spear.
    Well, there could be 2H spears too I guess, seeing how 2H doesn't really have a "+critical" weapon... (even though technically from the damage type comparison to 1H daggers the "+critical" weapon for 2H would be military picks, which they lumped in with axes I guess...)
    ...though that would be somewhat iffy with the animations, as ALL 2H weapon animations are "swing at enemy" type weapons and spears would have top be "poke at enemy" animation-wise...
    But proper "polearms" are generally a bit -longer- then the 2H weapons we have anyhow, and... well... we DO have the "poke at enemy" animations from the aedric spear they could easily reuse for a physical weapon as mentioned, so... it made sense to me to make them as seperate weapon skill line.
    They don't *have to be* throwable.
    The throwable ones are a different skill line. And made out of sheer envy of the spear-chuckers that first came out with Orsinium... the ones with the javelin quiver on their backs? I just found it unfair that NPCs get to have those and we players don't for our characters...
    For melee staff, we already have much of the staff visual. Just need the attack visuals. We can then give stamina options and have it count as a melee weapon in all respects. The current 2H skilll line could tweak or add a few skills to use.
    Doesn't work that way. You cannot "give a stamina option" to a magica weapon... at best you could reuse the same visuals for a "meleee staff", but... well, a great many of the makes staves are rather visually unsuitable as melee weapon due to having impressive "mystic" headpieces...
    ...thus it might be better for the whole enjoyment to -start- with the basic staff visuals for polearms, and then expand from there, replace the "mystic" headpiece with a edged metal "pokey end towards enemy" spead- or halberd-head, and have an entire new libe of visual goodieness people can strive for!
    As one of the nay sayers insinuated above, many of the ideas are not radically new. They could be developed from much of what we already have today. This is as much, if not more, about role playing as it is about combat.
    And a LOT of them are derived by looking what we have - just in a different setup. Just to give more -options-! ;)
    Much like a great many of the new mounts are not "radically new" or the new armor styles, or even new item set bonus options...

Options
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Wow good ideas! This would be game changing.
    I would like to rock a staff and shield myself.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
    Options
  • VocalThought
    VocalThought
    ✭✭✭
    If they add these weapons, you think they should replace Aedric Spear from Tempar, Crossbow from Fighter's Guild?
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they add these weapons, you think they should replace Aedric Spear from Tempar, Crossbow from Fighter's Guild?
    Does the existence of daggers and bows replace the nightblades red-magic stabby and shooty abilities?
    Nope?
    Then neither should the addition of these optional weapons do anything for those "conjured weapons" abilities.
    ;)

I am just saying, they could very well reuse some of the animations from templar...

Fighters guild crossbow is a small o.ne.handed one anyhow, and those I envision as alternative to bows would have to be large two-handed models anyhow.
    Options
  • VocalThought
    VocalThought
    ✭✭✭
    After reading through the OP skills, I think some ideas areredundant to what already exists. Yeah, they could add the same skills with different animations on different weapons, but the also could add skills in a way that doesn't add thing for just appearance, but with added purpose.

1) I like the idea of having Polearms or melee staffs. I think there's a void they can fill and clearly a player that would love use that. They could the existing staves and create new ones.

2) Spears are in the game, but not as weapons. I wonder how many less Templars there would be if they made spears a weapon too.

3) I think Unarmed Combat should be a World Skill and not a Weapon Skill. If they could tie in Acrobatics Flips, Drop Kicks, Chi Blocks, and One Inch Punches, along with perks to fighting without weapons or armor, I'm sold.

4) The whole One hand and Majic or One hand and Range , I feel, is already in the game and it's you skill bar. It's not like having the OP weapons are going to change your light and heavy attacks

5) Adding Alteration Magicka Staves or a Spell Book would be a great addition to the Weapon Skills. I know there's already a lot of skills that uses magicka, but to have an alternative for Spell casters to the Destruction and Restoration staff would be nice.

6) It seems like most of the previous skill lines have been covered in most of the classes and Guild abilities. Previous classes seem to fit in this game under the existing classes and I can't think of anyother skill that's missing.
    Options
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @TheShadowScout I love this overall...some balance needed ofc but also 1 of the most important stuff...polearms and no great shields!? </3 but overall this is awesome and ofc it will never happen...we all know why :(

my rp will never come true </3 but one day...
    57IiH5Y.png
    khajiit power reign supreme! : 3
    Options
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Unarmed combat I'd very much like to see a new class, and you guessed it - Monk. Now, what race would it be ascribed to? Khajiit I guess, as they are seen as ones that actually do practise it. Heck, there are even styles. A bit post factum, but ZOS could add one zone around Valenwood / Elsweyr and some tiny campaign - a casual idea in itself.

But if not, than the Unarmed would be great (and more probable) - for brawling, incapacitating, stunning, tripping - especially for CC. Sure, Blacksmithing could get a boost in the form of knuckles or whatever that is used - and I doubt that style would have been a problem. BUT I'd limit the amount of knuckles to just styles where Unarmed would have been used.

Speaking of Asian inspirations - Khajiit are like Hindu, Akaviri - well, from the East. (Monk or Brawling with Polearms from an Akavir-themed DLC!)

However, what I'd very much like to see is the polearms. Another reason for that? Woodworking is so POOR - bow / staff / shield. Puncturing and CC (tripping, stunning) mainly, as slashing and mauling is the domain of swords/axes and maces. Yes, it takes time to research all the traits, but so much less than Clothing and Blacksmithing.

Diluted loot table? Yes, very valid - because you can go to the Trial just once a lifetime. Is there anything that limits your trials participation?

Just my two dimes.

So, @TheShadowScout , BRILLIANT!
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland
    >>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

>>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>restoration of destroyed cities, eg. Satakalaam, Aswala, Gil-Var-Delle, etc. Making them permanently restored, maybe with some traders OR minor quest hubs.

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

>>a mount OF CHOICE (eg. horse, senche, quasigryph) for every 1200 CP in respective colours
    >>a permanent 10% bonus to gold gain from every source for 900 CP collected on Craft
    >> a permanent 5% attack / defence bonus for 900 CP collected on Warfare
    >>a permanent 10% bonus to health/stam/mag regen and 5% health/stam/mag increase for 900 CP on Fitness

IV.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

V.Dungeons

>>story mode for dungeons - sometimes I don't want to do a dungeon quest with sprinters. They will rush from boss to boss and leave without saying a thing. I'd love to enjoy the time, even though I've done a dungeon many times

VI.Chapter ideas
    >>Whiterun + Fields of Regret DLC

>>Winterhold (Winterhold Hold) + Dawnstar (The Pale Hold) DLC

>>Timelines series: Cyrodiil
    some Imperial noble/vagabond - a Tharn - becomes the new emperor, so the claims of Ayrenn, Jorun or Emeric are for naught. Vestige begins the long and arduous process of rebuilding Cyrodiil, 1st in their own alliance, and then as they would along Cadwell's silver and gold.

>>Solstheim CH or DLC.

>>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Blackmarsh CH or DLC.

>>Akavir CH.

>>Atmora CH.

>>Peryite's Pits DLC.

>>Vaermina's Quagmire DLC.

VII.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>possibility to research traits on Companions' equipment so that we could change the traits

>>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet they are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being engaged

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!
    Options
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melee magic skill line swords axes maces bows I would love to see this.
    Options
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

AMAZING ideas!!!

Love 'em!
    Options
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    THIS please!
    I have been positing a version of this before, but now took the time to rework it a little with weapon ultimate suggestions for these new skill lines I thought up back in the day, and adding a few more skill lines I have been considering since...

Since this is another topic that keeps popping up and is dear to my ESO enjoyment ideals, I thought it might be a good idea to get my usual ramblings about these ideas into order and post a bit more fleshed out concept here for discussion and feedback... it is a very rough concept, I am sure there are many ideas in there that could use some refining and improvement, I just wanted to put it out there to show what I am talking about when I comment in those other threads...

Anyways, here are my ideas on the matter of what I would like to see added to ESO someday in terms of weapon skills, feel free to comment (please be nice! ;) )

e0cdf17ab9eb7c1559d1ee617104a96c.jpg
    Polearms
    These extra-long shafted weapons (…things like: Pikes, Poleaxes, Tridents, Glaives, Monks Spades, War Scythes, Ranseur, Military Forks, Naginata, Hunting Spears, Halberds, Spetums, Pitchforks, etc.) should have 50% more range then normal weapons, but be awkward to use in very close quarters, so any attacks that are made against opponents at knife range suffer a 50% damage penalty (meaning, the weapons will do half damage from zero to 50% normal weapon range, and then full damage from 50% to 150% normal weapon range… for light/heavy attacks, as well as skill use…)
    F15jhdB.png
    Skills:
    • Impaling Jabs (Puncturing Jabs animation, triple attacks in one go)
    - Morph1: Impaling Strikes (+ knockback on last strike)
    - Morph2: Rending Jabs (+ bleeding DoT increased per hit)
    • Circular Slash (Radial Sweep animation, Aloe around wielder)
    - Morph1: Circular Sweep (+ shield per enemy hit)
    - Morph2: Crescent Slash (+ extra damage to enemies in front)
    • Spear Charge (Focused Charge animation, gap closer & damage)
    - Morph1: Impaling Charge (+ bleeding DoT)
    - Morph2: Spear Rush (+ damage increased per distance charged)
    • Braced Guard (auto-damage against anyone using a gap closer / duration)
    - Morph1: Indomitable Guard (+CC immunity / duration)
    - Morph2: Aggressive Guard (+ increased auto-damage and chance to disorient)
    • Stalwart Defense (physical resistance buff, weapon damage buff)
    - Morph1: Stalwart Resistance (+ spell resistance buff, CC resistance chance)
    - Morph2: Indomitable Defense (+ heal over time, removes one DoT effect)
    Ultimate: Spear Dance (AoE around caster, polearm rotation like dwemer centurion)
    - Morph1: Scythe Dance (+ knockdown on hit, shorter duration)
    - Morph2: Spear Tornado (+ increased range & duration)
    Passives:
    • Piercing Pike: increases damage bonus for critical and damage against blocking targets
    • Balanced Polearm: reduces the cost of polearm abilities
    • Pike Wall: increases block against melee attacks
    • Melee Training: reduces the half-damage range to 40%/25%
    • Impale: gives chance to cause extra bleed DoT on any polearm strike/skill
    120px-ON-Icon-Transparent_Logo.png

562dec1554b776f99fd0c8dd373b80f1.jpg
    Mounted Combat
    This special "skill line" would be for using mounts not just for getting around and riding towards the fight, but also in combat... thus it is a bit different from other skill lines as it would not have a weapon of its own, but be mostly a collection of support skills and passives instead of weapon-specific active skills, with a main active skill that when toggled enabled mounted combat, meaning that characters with this skill active could draw weapons and use basic attacks, without becoming automatically dismounted. Normal skills would be unusable, though each weapon type (melee or ranged, mixed skills likes like One-Handed & Ranged or One-Handed & Magic can use both) would gain a special attack skill in the mounted combat line to use instead... but be otherwise limited to basic light and heavy attacks while mounted.
    Note that ranged attacks while mounted suffer a chance to miss (I am thinking 25%, migrated 5% for each skill point, so the best trained horse archers/wizards would still have a 5% miss chance in the end - price of being mobile!), because it would be kinda harder to aim properly while on a galloping horse/bear/wolf/senche/whatever... which can be migrated through passives. But mounted combat -does- favor melee weapons where a mounts speed and power behind the blow makes a difference...
    Skills:
    • Dragoon (enable mounted combat, allows mounted drawing of weapons and attacking, toggle)
    - Morph1: Hussar (+ gain riding speed / light or medium armor while enabled = Light Cavalry)
    - Morph2: Cuirassier (+ gain resistance / medium or heavy armor while enabled = Heavy Cavalry)
    • Cavalry Charge (melee weapon; charge opponent and do double heavy attack damage on strike)
    - Morph1: Cavalry Trample (ride in straight line, do double weapon damage to all hit opponents)
    - Morph2: Jousting Charge (+ knockdown on strike)
    • Mounted Volley (ranged weapon; fire arrow/spell volley at targeted opponent while moving)
    - Morph1: Mounted Barrage (+ increased duration and more shots)
    - Morph2: Skirmisher Volley (+ chance to dodge enemy ranged attacks / duration)
    Passives:
    • Warhorse Training I-IV: Reduce unhorsing chance due to damage
    • Lancier I-IV: Gain increased polearm damage while mounted.
    • Horse Archer I-IV: Reduce ranged stamina-based attack accuracy penalty while mounted
    • Knight I-IV: Gain increased one-handed damage while mounted
    • Spellrider I-IV: Reduce ranged magic attack accuracy penalty while mounted
    (Yes, there is no passive to help two-hander wielders while mounted. That is intentional, seeing how two handers were a bit unwieldy on horseback, and more likely to be used by infantry against mounted opponents... thus neither gain any damage bonus from having a mounts speed behind them... same for brawling, really)

83858_2_1.jpg
    Brawling
    Uses either fists, or weapons like brass knuckles, punch daggers, spiked knuckles, cesti, sap-hardened bandages dipped in broken glass, etc. depending on racial style; doing half of dagger damage with those weapons, or 20% with fists - this skill line is not supposed to be competitive with "proper weapons" on its own, but might make an interesting addition to ESO nonetheless, possibly even because of this handicap (not like there aren't enough class/guild skills to make up for it in any case). Quick jab light attack, long wind-up haymaker punch as heavy attack.
    Skills:
    • Grapple Hold (immobilize, channeled, interruptible - much like the wolf)
    - Morph1: Sleeper Hold (+ disorient after hold ends/broken)
    - Morph2: Strangle Hold (+ low DoT while in hold)
    • Stomp Kick (kick to the leg, minor damage & snare)
    - Morph1: Boot to the Knee (+ immobilize for short duration, then long snare)
    - Morph2: Leg Sweep (+ knockdown, then snare)
    • Dirt Throw (grab dirt from pouch, throw in eyes, blind target/duration)
    - Morph1: Salt Throw (+ interrupts spellcasting)
    - Morph2: Dust Throw (+ miss chance/duration after blind ends)
    • Knee Strike (knee below the belt, extra-short range, low damage & stun)
    - Morph1: Low Kick (+normal range, disorient after stun)
    - Morph2: Dirty Kick (+normal range, double stun duration if used against male characters)
    • Bull Rush (gap closer, does minor damage and some pushback)
    - Morph1: Lariat (knockdown instead of pushback)
    - Morph2: Drop Kick (knockdown & pushback, but attacker knocked down as well)
    Ultimate: Adrenaline Rush (increases stamina recovery & doubles brawling damage / duration)
    - Morph1: Bloodlust Rush (+ increase duration for opponent killed with brawling attack)
    - Morph2: Endorphine Rush (+ immunity to stun, disorient, snare & knockdown)
    Passives:
    • Fighting Spirit: gain increased stamina regeneration if brawling ability is slotted
    • Pugilist: reduces the cost of brawling abilities
    • Heavy Handed: increase damage with brawling attacks/abilities
    • Toughness: gain resistance chance against CC abilities
    • Martial Artist: gain basic dodge chance against melee attacks only

8af91575f04612f3b3c4d91d226938d6.jpg
    One Handed and Ranged
    Uses a weapon in one hand and a throwing weapon in the other (offhand options for javelins, throwing knives, shuriken, throwing axes, throwing spikes, throwing irons, boomerangs, kunai, etc.), borrowing the first two skills from One-handed and Shield, then diverging in abilities; throwing attacks might be shorter ranged compared to bow or staff attacks, but could have an increased critical damage modifier...
    Skills:
    • Puncture (attack + taunt + reduce armor)
    - Morph1: Ransack (+ increase own armor)
    - Morph2: Pierce Armor (+ reduce spell resistance)
    • Low Slash (attack + snare + reduce damage)
    - Morph1: Deep Slash (+ hits additional targets)
    - Morph2: Heroic Slash (+ generates ultimate)
    • Piercing Throw (ranged attack with knockback)
    - Morph1: Piercing Hurl (+additional damage / range from target)
    - Morph2: Vicious Throw (+knockdown instead of knockback)
    • Triple Volley (three throwing attacks at one or more targets, quick-channeled-ish)
    - Morph1: Quintuple Volley (five attacks)
    - Morph2: Triple Ripple (+ bleed DoT, increased duration if multiple hit same target)
    • Crippling Throw (ranged attack with snare)
    - Morph1: Crippling Volley (+ AoE cone)
    - Morph2: Impaling Throw (+ bleed DoT)
    Ultimate: Alchemical Impact (ranged attack with random elemental AoE explosion on hit)
    - Morph1: Alchemical Splash (+ DoT ground AoE)
    - Morph2: Alchemical Grenade (aimed at area instead of opponent, increased range)
    Passives:
    • Strong-arm: increase weapon damage and thrown attack range
    • Swashbuckling: reduces the cost of one-handed and ranged abilities
    • Bullseye: increases the critical chance of thrown attacks
    • Coup de Grace: extra damage from 1H&R abilities to low health opponents
    • Duelist: extra effect depending on main hand weapon (like for Dual Wield)

eso-classe-khajiit.jpg
    One Handed and Magic
    Uses your usual average melee weapon in the main hand, and a destruction wand or runestone (which could be two different options for two different effects, like... wands giving a bit of extra range, and runestones giving a bit of extra damage for example?) as offhand for a mix of magically charged melee strikes and elemental mid-range (meaning, half the range of a destruction staff attack) and AoE attacks or effects, all skills might cost half-half stamina & magicka unless otherwise noted, and heavy attacks restore half-half stamina and magicka
    Skills:
    • Imbued Strike (charge weapon with magic, strike with weapon + extra elemental damage)
    - Morph1: Imbued Slash (+ extra bleed DoT)
    - Morph2: Empowered Strike (+ extra elemental effect, depending on type)
    • Elemental Slash (weapon slash with extra magic short-range elemental cone AoE attack)
    - Morph1: Elemental Wave (AoE increases to 180° front arc)
    - Morph2: Elemental Burst (Cone doubles in range, but narrows in arc)
    • Elemental Bolt (mid-range single target attack, damage & elemental effect, magicka only)
    - Morph1: Elemental Blast (+ AoE damage explosion on hit)
    - Morph2: Elemental Volley (fires up to three projectiles, like Reflective Light)
    • Mystic Mark (reduced weapon damage, vulnerability to 1H&M attacks, prevents stealth)
    - Morph1: Mystic Curse (+ elemental DoT, DoT duration reset for every new 1H&M hit)
    - Morph2: Crippling Mark (+ snare, duration reset for every new 1H%M hit)
    • Power Ward (damage shield, strength depending on total health, magicka only)
    - Morph1: Elemental Ward (+ halve elemental shield type damage)
    - Morph2: Power Shield (+ chance to reflect ranged attacks)
    Ultimate: Elemental Aura (AoE elemental damage around caster, adds elemental damage to melee)
    - Morph1: Elemental Blessing (+ elemental attacks of same type heal caster)
    - Morph2: Overcharged Aura (+ larger AoE & increased melee damage bonus)
    Passives:
    • Close Combat: elemental effects gain bonus damage the lower the range
    • Spellblade: reduces the cost of one-handed & magic abilities
    • Magicka Handler: blocking a spell attack will restore magicka
    • Battlemage: light & medium armor resource bonus changed to ¾/¼ and ½/½ stamina/magicka
    • Warcaster: restores magicka and stamina on killing an enemy with a 1H&M ability

cc45d4da986f3b3f4b4ed4711f306062.jpg
    Twin Magic
    If we have destruction wand/runestone as offhand for the above, there is no real reason mages could not take one of those in each hand, right? As alternative to destruction magic, mixing skills from those and the one-handed & magic skill line above, though with a reduced range compared to destruction to balance the gain of an offhand slot for traits and sets…
    Skills:
    • Elemental Touch (just like Destructive Touch, just with half range)
    - Morph1: Elemental Clench (just like Destructive Clench, just with half range)
    - Morph2: Elemental Reach (just like Destructive Reach, just with half range)
    • Wall of Elements (exactly the same as the Destruction skill)
    - Morph1: Unstable Wall of Elements (exactly the same as the Destruction skill)
    - Morph2: Elemental Blockade (exactly the same as the Destruction skill)
    • Elemental Bolt (mid-range single target attack, damage & elemental effect)
    - Morph1: Elemental Blast (+ AoE damage explosion on hit)
    - Morph2: Elemental Volley (fires up to three projectiles, like Reflective Light)
    • Elemental Shock (like Force Shock, but with half range)
    - Morph1: Elemental Crush (like Crushing Shock, but with half range)
    - Morph2: Elemental Pulse (like Force Pulse, but with half range)
    • Power Ward (damage shield, strength depending on total health)
    - Morph1: Elemental Ward (+ halve elemental shield type damage)
    - Morph2: Power Shield (+ chance to reflect ranged attacks)
    Ultimate: Elemental Barrage (shoot barrage of elemental bolts, can move while firing)
    - Morph1: Elemental Assault (+ AoE splash damage from bolts)
    - Morph2: Elemental Rain (shoot bolts in the air, have strong attacks come down in AoE)
    Passives:
    • Spellslinger: reduce magica cost for Twin Magic skills
    • Elemental Force: increase elemental status chances
    • Magicka Handler: blocking a spell attack will restore magicka
    • Penetrating Magic: Ignore some of the enemy spell resistance
    • Mystic Touch: Add range to Twin Magic skills (from 50% to 60/75% destruction staff range)

00652af426efed8174aa540634e37243.jpg
    Martial Arts Magic
    This is not really a weapon option known in the classic elder scrolls universe, it would be more fitting for a Japanese style anime, but... it might be interesting, they could very well add it with an "Akaviri" themed expansion, as it might fit in there... basically mixing brawling and magic for a truely "Melee Magic" skill line... the weapon for this skill line might be specially enchanted bracelets or mystic bands (which would need no crafting style as they would not appear by themselves, just as "mystic aura" around the users hands when "drawn" - and could be added to any crafting skill, like make jeweler more interesting...)
    Due to its mix of physical and magical nature of attacks, this weapon skill line starts out as magica, but has many stamina morphs... it would be better as half-half, but... that is not really a thing in the ESO system...
    Skills:
    • Empowered Strike (magical melee strike that bypasses half enemy armor)
    - Morph1: Empowered Slash (+ Bleeding DoT / duration; stamina morph)
    - Morph2: Cursed Strike (+ decrease physical damage / duration)
    • Acrobatic Jump (jump over opponent like rogue NPCs – auto-dodge next enemy attack)
    - Morph1: Acrobatic Strike (+ auto light weapon attack while jumping, stamina morph)
    - Morph2: Veiled Jump (+ turn momentarily invisible while jumping, next attack auto-critical)
    • Challenge Geas (taunt & target does half damage against all other enemies/duration)
    - Morph1: Challenge Curse (+target defense and movement speed reduced)
    - Morph2: Challenge Entrancement (+affects nearby targets, max 3)
    • Mystic Shields (gain damage resistance against melee attacks only / duration)
    - Morph1: Auric Shields (+gain extra damage resistance when blocking, stamina morph)
    - Morph2: Mystic Protection (+gain spell resistance against all magic attacks)
    • Mystic Strength (increase defense & health recovery, martial artist recovery scream animation!)
    - Morph1: Mystic Might (+gain increased damage to L/H attacks and MAM skills / duration)
    - Morph2: Mystic Power (+ gain increased magica recovery / duration)
    Ultimate: Battle Spirit (increased movement speed, dodge chance & resource regeneration / dur)
    - Morph1: Warrior Spirit (+ increased defense & CC immunity)
    - Morph2: Berserker Spirit (+ health recovery on ALL damage done)
    Passives:
    • Chi Master: reduce cost for Martial Arts Magic skills
    • Mystic Monk: increased critical chance per MAM skill slotted
    • Quick Strikes: chance to make an additional second hit to nearby target on light attack
    • Massive Resistance: Increased spell resistance per MAM skill slotted
    • Second Sight: Gain chance to automatically dodge melee attacks only

BretonWardcrafter.jpg
    Warding Staff
    It seems somewhat clumsy to have a destruction staff as a main weapon as magica tank, so… why not give ice back to doing damage and slowing enemies, and make up a completely new weapon for tanky uses? One that uses magicka to block, obviously, and maybe has the taunt heavy attack, or maybe not (since it can get a skill for that).
    Skills:
    • Hex Bolt (magic projectile, does damage, taunt and physical defense)
    - Morph1: Hex Volley (+ fires up to three bolts at nearby enemies)
    - Morph2: Jinx Bolt (+ snare / duration)
    • Empowered Ward (damage shield, recovers shield strength if blocking while active)
    - Morph1: Enchanted Ward (+ spell resistance while active)
    - Morph2: Empowered Barrier (+ physical resistance while active)
    • Burdening Seal (AoE cast at location, snare and reduce spell defense / duration)
    - Morph1: Enfeebling Seal (+ reduce physical damage wile in AoE)
    - Morph2: Burdening Hex (+ magic DoT while in AoE)
    • Warding Enchantment (increase spell resistance / duration)
    - Morph1: Protective Enchantment (+ increase physical resistance)
    - Morph2: Warding Aura (+ AoE around caster, affecting all allies in range)
    • Guardian Wisp (summons a wisp pet that will increase magicka, and deny stealth to enemies)
    - Morph1: Avenging Wisp (+ wisp will also launch magic attacks to nearby enemies)
    - Morph2: Guardian Spirit (+ spell resistance, wisp is bigger and golden)
    Ultimate: Warding Barrier (Large AoE, damage resistance to allies within, blocks enemy entry)
    - Morph1: Imbued Barrier (+ resource recovery boots to allies within)
    - Morph2: Warding Seal (+ blocks enemy movement out of the area as well, trapping them inside)
    Passives:
    • Enchantments: increase duration for taunts and debuffs
    • Sanctuary: reduced skill cost and lowered blocking cost
    • Mystic Power: increase magicka recovery / ward ability slotted
    • Hardened Ward: allows to block more damage
    • Mana Manipulation: blocked spells have a chance to reflect at the caster

In addition to those new skill lines, there are also a few more weapons that would fit right in with existing skill lines in some way... like...

d490a0108adfdb05ffdae83ed0fa63c8.jpg
    Crossbows - could be added as alternate weapon to the Bow skill line as is (Maybe rename that one a bit… "Marksmanship", anyone?) Possibly with some tweaks… like perhaps increased armor penetration compared to bows, but a "reload time" after each shot? Possibly also changing the bows poison effects to disease for a bit difference in flavor…

435px-Balearic_Slinger-e1428191841883-273x195.jpg
    Slings - another possible addition to the Bow skill line, firing heavy lead bullets, perhaps a bit shorter in range, but with some added effect to balance… again, the bows poison effects could be switched to a fire DoT, due to enchanted sling bullets (clay bullets that break open releasing volatile alchemical ingredients? Something like that…)

Redoran_Oathman_card_art.png
    Short Spears - the Javelins from One-Handed and Ranged could also be useable as mainhand weapon for One-Handed and Shield to get a nice "Myrmidon" feeling - it would make a nice additional option for imperial characters, would it not? And while the animations may not be completely perfect... since we have "Puncture" type attacks with blunt-headed maces, I see no issue with having "Slash" type attacks with javelins, right?

25810.jpg
    Flails - could be an additional option for one-handed and two-handed weapons, though I am not so sure about how well they would animate I suppose... but if there were no technical difficulties, they could be done for an block-penetration effect, balanced by some drawback... possibly increased stamina costs (since it might take more strength to control such without hitting yourself) or maybe even a small chance to hit yourself on the backswing for each strike... this might include other "flexible" weapons such as Whips, Nunchakus, Urumi, etc.

200px-ON-npc-Severin_Charnis.jpg200px-ON-npc-Hedge_Wizard.jpg200px-ON-npc-Dremora_Fearkyn.jpg
    Alternate Staves - we have fire, ice and shock as well as healing, but who here wouldn't want more? Cyan "coldfire" destruction staves (fire effect visuals in cyan, but less damage however done as oblivion type?), purple "warlock" destro staves (pure magic damage, with some "curse" debuffs and/or DoT?), green or brown (nix-hound spit!) acid destro staves (magica-based poison damage with DoT and some armor debuff?); sickly-bile-yellow "disease" restoration staves (do less healing but bonus damage as disease DoT), or red blood magic healing staves (less damage, but with a lifedrain effect)... possibly even give back ice to DPS and add a seperate "Earth" magic staff to cover the tanky effects? Or if we were to get the warding staves, those too could come in various flavors... indigo-turquise "alteration" as basic, maybe green-brown "earth-nature" with less defense but longer durations, and maybe a rainbow-ish multicolored "illusion" type that does add taunt to all attacks and some mental effects to its skills, but pays for it with less "warding" and effect durations?

DDC-3Y_XgAEe9c8.jpg
    Spell Foci - I always felt vexed my casters have to have staves to cast their castyness, I want another option! My idea would be a "Spell Focus" as alternate destruction/restoration (and warding) magic weapon, that used the exactly same skills (but possibly with different stats - like with wands / runestones, one weapon could have a bonus to range, the other to damage or spell critical or whatever... like, take a staff for extra distance to all spells, take a spell focus for extra punch...), but had different visuals... it would be held in the left hand, with the right making mystic gestures above it for casting, and depending on racial style it could be stuff like holy symbols, ornate spellbooks, meditation crystals, gemmed skulls, shaman rattles, ancient artifacts, gilded scepters, mystic constructs, daedric pact seals, etc. Naturally both in the classic flavors, and the alternate flavors I mentioned above... and these things would make -perfect- additions to the Jewelry crafting skill line... ;)

0734a746b6a850fb4b021383940574c3.jpg
    Subduing Weapons - a derivation of bare-knuckled brawling, if they ever make a "unarmed" combat system for non-lethal barroom brawls (which are a classic cliché in every fantasy setting) there could also be less then lethal weapons for other skill lines. A small truncheon for one-handed, or a larger club for two-handed skills, a quarterstaff for polearms, or a stun-staff/wand for mages (sorry, no boxing glove arrows, for one that is DC copyright I would think, for another it is silly...).
    These could also include “improvised” weapons of some sort... a frying pan, a broomstick, a coin purse, a candlestick, a chair leg, a belaying pin... might be interesting for some special "no weapon" areas quest thing - go in unarmed, find your improvised weapons there...

Options
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    too good to be true :(
    Options