Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Enter the ESO Home Decoration Contest"

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »
    It's bad enough for those players who can never participate because they live in the "wrong" part of the world - which I do understand is usually down to their laws rather than anything ZOS can control - but to exclude players because they don't have a valid social media account is at least as bad - and that's something definitely within ZOS's control.

There's a link to upload images on the competition announcement page, if you don't have instagram/twitter.

That link is only valid if you have a Facebook account. The rules state:-

"NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Internet access and a valid Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account required. To enter the Contest, each entrant must, during the Contest Period, upload a screenshot of their decorated home in The Elder Scrolls Online, based on one of the four categories of themes set forth below with the hashtag #ESOHomeDecoration (the “Submission”) either (i) by using the Woobox app on the ESO Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnline, (ii) on Twitter, or (iii) on Instagram.

I don't see any way of meeting the official or practical requirements if you don't have a valid social media account.

Oh, i didnt realise that.

It kind of sucks. But on the other hand, nearly everyone does have at least one of those. But it's easy to make a temporary account just to enter the competition?

Probably, but I have zero interest in social media and wouldn't create an account just to enter a competition.

Options
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's bad enough for those players who can never participate because they live in the "wrong" part of the world - which I do understand is usually down to their laws rather than anything ZOS can control - but to exclude players because they don't have a valid social media account is at least as bad - and that's something definitely within ZOS's control.

There's a link to upload images on the competition announcement page, if you don't have instagram/twitter.

That link is only valid if you have a Facebook account. The rules state:-

"NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Internet access and a valid Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account required. To enter the Contest, each entrant must, during the Contest Period, upload a screenshot of their decorated home in The Elder Scrolls Online, based on one of the four categories of themes set forth below with the hashtag #ESOHomeDecoration (the “Submission”) either (i) by using the Woobox app on the ESO Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnline, (ii) on Twitter, or (iii) on Instagram.

I don't see any way of meeting the official or practical requirements if you don't have a valid social media account.

Oh, i didnt realise that.

It kind of sucks. But on the other hand, nearly everyone does have at least one of those. But it's easy to make a temporary account just to enter the competition?

Probably, but I have zero interest in social media and wouldn't create an account just to enter a competition.

You could create an account just to enter the contest and delete it afterwards. It takes very little time and you don't have to do anything else assosiated with that social media.

At least you can enter the contest. I live in Sweden which isn't included, even though there shouldn't be any legal complications.
    Options
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too few prizes why would I be among the winners? I've already seen some of the most awesome work ever and I didn't even visited more than 20 houses!
    Drop rate and other factors kept many of us from reaching the goal.
    Also I don't get who can participate and who not. The one from that list mean they cant get in?

I'd suggest making a wider contest with lower prizes, and a section to show our creations to the whole public.
    Edited by deleted008293 on 9 March 2017 21:31
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you had a prior contest....no winner

Just released this on console, but we are somehow to compete against PC who has had it over a month....and to make things worse, the drop rate, and recipes are not that easy to come by

I guess you're pushing ppl to buy and spend crowns.....and these rewards.....
    58913045.jpg
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just released this on console, but we are somehow to compete against PC who has had it over a month....

That's a very valid point.

So now we're excluding a number of countries and states, those without social media accounts, and console players. I guess those remaining players must consider their chances rather better than they might have been :wink: !
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just released this on console, but we are somehow to compete against PC who has had it over a month....and to make things worse, the drop rate, and recipes are not that easy to come by

I concur that PC and console should be in their own categories. Is eight winners instead of four really going to be that much more effort on Zeni's part? :\ And I don't know how the house editor controls compare with PC, but I expect they're different if the majority are using controllers. That could skew results further.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Icy wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Could I please get a clarification on the rules at http://woobox.com/offers/rules/hutyrs?
    and be a legal resident of one of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia) excluding the territories, military installations and commonwealths, Canada, the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Finland, Norway, the Netherlands, Australia (excluding New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory) or New Zealand.
    This wording is VERY strange.

Does this mean as an Australian from New South Wales I can or can't enter???? Is that a double negative in there? And does that mean the rest of the world not listed can or can't enter?

Thanks.
    Yeah would like this clarified too, I assume it means "excluding the territories" only, and the rest is ok. If it doesn't mean that, it means the UK and all other things listed after that are not eligible. And yes it would seem to say that New South Wales and Capital Territory are not allowed but the rest of Australia is? Very odd.

Also this part needs to be clarified too:
    By submission of an Entry:

(e) you warrant that the Entry has not been previously published;
    Does this mean that if you have posted screenshots or videos of your house already, either to the forums or youtube, reddit, etc, you cannot enter the contest? Or does it mean that specific screenshot, meaning that specific file?
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I concur that PC and console should be in their own categories. Is eight winners instead of four really going to be that much more effort on Zeni's part? :\ And I don't know how the house editor controls compare with PC, but I expect they're different if the majority are using controllers. That could skew results further.

@WhiteCoatSyndrome

Well the fact that we cannot disable the UI for a screenshot matters. The controls are almost exactly like gamepad beta on PC

However we don't have the ESC menu options at all
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also this part needs to be clarified too:

(e) you warrant that the Entry has not been previously published;[/quote]
    Does this mean that if you have posted screenshots or videos of your house already, either to the forums or youtube, reddit, etc, you cannot enter the contest? Or does it mean that specific screenshot, meaning that specific file? [/quote]

assuming ps4 works similarly to xbox re: image capture,
    any image taken in game is automatically published

so are all console players excluded from the competition?
    Edited by bebynnag on 10 March 2017 06:06
    Options
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting, apparently Sweden isn't allowed to enter the contest either.. but Norway and Finland are... and here I had looked forward to the contest, oh well *sigh*

(ofc, unless I missread those rules)
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
    Options
  • crachaus
    crachaus
    Have any of you there at Zenimax heard of 'Better Homes and Gardens?' They don't use ONE screenshot to profile decorative approaches in homes. They do a 16 page spread. Wouldn't it be better to allow 'one submission' and limit the size? I'm maybe just 'new' to this whole art and design thing. I mean, I only went to Art College 30 years ago. What I really want to see is Zenimax' employees cave that they live in, chained in their cubicles. Just send one screen of that though, anything more would be depressing. You probably limit the amount of furniture allowed in cubes too, a desk, but not a chair, for example.

Options
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see *crickets* from the devs/mods.

I was really looking forward to this as I have spent a lot of time making my house nice, NOT kitschy. Then to read you are forcing people into 4 niche categories that really don't fit people who meticulously decorated their home

I dont care about seeing an arena in someones house (yeah good luck getting a single screenshot of one thats nice)
    I dont care about "fantastical" constructs
    I dont care about someone putting all their crap in one corner to build a cave and call it hoarding
    I guess I'll have to enter the life of the party category, even though my house has several rooms that would need to be seen to best illustrate this instead of a picture of my dining room table

I would've loved to see peoples gardens showcased, or their great rooms/grand designs - to get ideas from and appreciate. Now I'll be stuck seeing someone build a mech out of planks and stone or a floating arena... fun...
    Edited by Riggsy on 12 March 2017 17:17
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The "Fight Club" category makes ZERO SENSE when player knockback CONTINUES to push players through placed terrain, and any built floors don't allow you to use ground based AOEs...
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riggsy wrote: »
    I guess I'll have to enter the life of the party category, even though my house has several rooms that would need to be seen to best illustrate this instead of a picture of my dining room table

That's my main concern with the one screenshot allowed policy. I explicitly furnished my house with multiple small spaces where people could gather and party instead of a grand place. There is no way that one picture will capture this.
    Options
  • RagnarFirehawk
    must possess a valid form of identification and be a legal resident of one of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia) excluding the territories, military installations and commonwealths, Canada, the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Finland, Norway, the Netherlands, Australia (excluding New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory) or New Zealand.

So dose that mean all of Australia or just New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory & New Zealand. ???
    I honestly don't get it but it dose not matter tho, not bothering to enter.
    I am just happy to take my sweet time working on my main house.
    Options
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mundus2.jpg

i'm in a district where i can't join this contest anyway so i'd just post my stuff on this thread.

here's my personal mundus stone at home
    that's the as far as i can go with the current furnishing items available
    hopefully we'll get better materials so i can improve on it
    Options
  • Nijey
    Nijey
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Enter the ESO Home Decoration Contest. Do you have an amazing home in Tamriel that you want to share for a chance to win some ESO prizes? Be sure to read our latest article about our next contest, beginning today!

Thank you for always considering Italy in these contest events.
    :|
    All participants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, must possess a valid form of identification and be a legal resident of one of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia) excluding the territories, military installations and commonwealths, Canada, the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Finland, Norway, the Netherlands, Australia (excluding New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory) or New Zealand.
    Edited by Nijey on 14 March 2017 10:22
    ALL MY FURNISHING STORE, WATCH IT!!
    http://tinyurl.com/NijeyStore

PROUD TO BE AEDRA'S COVE MEMBER.
    Youtube: Aedra's Channel
    Aedra's CoveR - SoundCloud - Epic Songs by Aedra's Bard
    Options
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    raj72616a wrote: »
    mundus2.jpg

i'm in a district where i can't join this contest anyway so i'd just post my stuff on this thread.

here's my personal mundus stone at home
    that's the as far as i can go with the current furnishing items available
    hopefully we'll get better materials so i can improve on it

Which achievement vendor gives out a mundus stone?
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
    Options
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that grand prize awarded per category?

Edited by Shimmer on 15 March 2017 00:52
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »

IIRC the Ritual Tile is from the Achievement Furnisher in Rivenspire. The base looks like that Argonian nest, and the rest I'm guessing is rocks.

Excellent job regardless @raj72616a ! :smiley:
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I posted on twitter and the fb page but I can't get confirmation you guys got my photo. How do we know you got the photo?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Mine was PS4 Hollykills gamer tag
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

Options
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I accidentally submitted the wrong category pic on facebook, how do I retract it?
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
    Options
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »

IIRC the Ritual Tile is from the Achievement Furnisher in Rivenspire. The base looks like that Argonian nest, and the rest I'm guessing is rocks.

Excellent job regardless @raj72616a ! :smiley:

yes you got them all right :smile: , the name of the base is Replica Stone Nest, bought from Shadowfen.
    Options
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just writing to say that the Woodbox app does not seem to be working properly.

There is a button that allows you to "view submissions" on Facebook, and the entries stopped a few days ago at about 3 and a half pages. I've seen a few complaints that people don't know whether their entries have been received, and I know several people who have submitted in the last few days whose entries have not shown up on the page.

If you want to build a community around Homestead and player creations, it would be really helpful for us to see all of the great things people are making. I know some people put a lot of work into their submissions, and it's disheartening that they are not being shared with the small community that actually cares about them.

Can someone look into this? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Options
  • DomesticatedKagouti
    DomesticatedKagouti
    Soul Shriven
    I'm in total agreement with the post above. I entered my submission (home decoration I worked for quite some time on specifically for this contest) and, as I received neither email confirmation nor are entries in the "view submissions" category even remotely up to date, have no idea whether or not I am even entered in this contest.

And, of course, I would really like to be able to take a look at the other submissions to see what sorts of things people have come up with.

It would be nice to get some sort of reassurance or feedback on this, as quite a number of people have asked.
    Options
  • xegox
    xegox
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone

I have some questions that I can not solve about ESO HOME DECORATION CONTEST

Can there be multiple screenshots in a single image?

I have seen how images have been uploaded to the official Facebook and Twitter pages, but I do not see any publications on Instagram. Is it enough to put: #esohomedecoration and the tag with the name of the category?

Thanks and regards
    Options
  • ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I already asked this on the German forum page, but got no answer there yet so I'll try here as well. Could I, without an facebook, twitter or instagram account for myself, use the facebook account of my brother, whos is not an eso player (anymore), to post the screenshot?
    And I'd like to know how the account of those will be tracked to the winners eso account. through the same email? Or through a the form they need to fill?

ValkyriesWolf
    Edited by ValkyriesWolf on 27 March 2017 19:54
    Metal forever \m/
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hi, sorry to be a bother, but how do we know if we've successfully entered the contest? I'm not getting any kind of confirmation email and want to know that the submissions actually went through!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    I have not received any email confirmation either if we are supposed to I would not be a happy camper if it was not submitted!
    On the page it said thank you for your entry but when i went to the woobox link there are VERY FEW submissions and mine wasn't showing up with the rest.... so lets hope it was actually submitted. But a response that it IS currently working would be nice :)

Edited by Snowfaeriewings on 28 March 2017 19:50
    Options
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I notice a large number of questions regarding confirmations of entries, can we get a response? I am thinking of entering the contest but the lack of just a single dev response on that topic seems to deter me.
    Options