Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Enter the ESO Home Decoration Contest"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Enter the ESO Home Decoration Contest. Do you have an amazing home in Tamriel that you want to share for a chance to win some ESO prizes? Be sure to read our latest article about our next contest, beginning today!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • greathero117
    Hold up! How are we supposed to even attempt this contest, when the drop rate for the furniture materials is very low.
    Edited by greathero117 on 8 March 2017 22:33
  • Nolphi
    Nolphi
    ✭✭✭
    One screenshow is a bit limiting to be honest. Its hard to capture the glory that is my castle in a single frame
    Clan Nolphi Family Gaming
    Follow @kingnolphi on twitter
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another contest we will never be told the winners of?
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Narapara
    Narapara
    ✭✭
    Silly question but only the states mentioned are excluded for Australia or are they excluded from the exclusion? XD Also one screenshot is a bit harsh, some homes are big and have indoor/outdoor areas
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I know @Livvy will instantly win one of those categories. Any Homestead designers want to feel proud of their accomplishment for this latest update just go port into her primary residence on PC/NA. It's almost painful to be inside it's such an exquisite jewel of a Tamrielic home. Lots and lots of food, too.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, first, did you accidentally post this in the German section instead of English?

Also, are you all going to announce the winners from the prior contest (the vacations to places similar to areas of Tamriel)?
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Composing for one screenshot is different from finding balance throughout an entire home. It seems like the way to win would be to rearrange your home to cram all the best stuff into one shot. I don't think I'm prepared to do all that work again.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Screenshot!?

All the judging from one? no in-game tours of finalists homes?

There also isn't a practical house category! Where is the category for those of us with toilets and bath and laundry rooms? :)
  • Myrrah
    Myrrah
    ✭✭✭
    ....really? who decided on these niche categories? what about all the people who built spooky vampire lairs? cool oblivion style places? peter pan hideaways. beautiful gardens? happy home places? cute innovativeness? i normally try to be supportive of you guys but you kinda dropped the ball on something that's a pretty big deal to everyone who has spent countless hours but don't fit in any of these niche categories :( and yes! one screenshot? how does anyone show an entire place in one screenshot?
    Edited by Myrrah on 9 March 2017 00:39
  • Myrrah
    Myrrah
    ✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    Well, I know @Livvy will instantly win one of those categories. Any Homestead designers want to feel proud of their accomplishment for this latest update just go port into her primary residence on PC/NA. It's almost painful to be inside it's such an exquisite jewel of a Tamrielic home. Lots and lots of food, too.

i would love to tour everyones awesome houses but sadly they haven't given us a way to do that unless they're friends or guildies :/
  • Cynnalia
    Cynnalia
    ✭✭✭
    Myrrah wrote: »
    ....really? who decided on these niche categories? what about all the people who built spooky vampire lairs? cool oblivion style places? peter pan hideaways. beautiful gardens? happy home places? cute innovativeness? i normally try to be supportive of you guys but you kinda dropped the ball on something that's a pretty big deal to everyone who has spent countless hours but don't fit in any of these niche categories :( and yes! one screenshot? how does anyone show an entire place in one screenshot?

I agree with this completely. ZOS, I also am disappointed by your niche categories. I've worked hard on my home but my decorating choices don't fit into any of the four categories. Why are you excluding so many people from the contest who have embraced Homestead?
    NA PS4 Daggerfall Covenant Characters -- CP 755

Sulin Shadowdancer -- Redguard Nightblade -- Dragonstar Arena Champion, General Executioner, Tamriel Hero
    Ysorya Traven - Breton Sorcerer -- Monster Hunter, Master Angler, Explorer, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Tamriel Hero
    Eriah A'kiranya-- Redguard Dragon Knight, tank
    Sybilline Travadon -- Altmer Templar -- Maelstrom Arena Champion
    At-Sixes-and-Sevens -- Argonian Templar, healer
    Mercurial Malice -- Dunmer Nightblade
    Fern Gullie -- Bosmer Warden, level 45
    Ghareshi-ri - Khajiit, Necromancer, level 9
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nolphi wrote: »
    One screenshow is a bit limiting to be honest. Its hard to capture the glory that is my castle in a single frame

The flip side of this is, the housing item limit is less likely to be an issue if you only have to fill one frame.

Also, @ZOS_GinaBruno , it says one picture per category, but is each person limited to one entry, period, or can we enter more than one category?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    One would have to be a "friend" of ESO or play most of day, every day to have enough materials or gold to purchase and decorate a home. Maybe some of those that group and run high-end dungeons all night, but not someone who runs solo and has to work for a living wage.

Just a bit disappointed that the PR folks are missing the mark on contests and content.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leaving aside the headstart PC players had on console players for getting furniture and resources is there a way to ensure fairness between platforms by ensuring no PTS screenshots (with effectively free access to everything) are included in this competition?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Curragraigue on 9 March 2017 01:25
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • GoldParadox
    GoldParadox
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I have an important question!!!

In the screenshot, can we include players (without their name tags) or only a screenshot with furnitures?

Thank you very much.
    GoldParadox
    | NA | PC | Daggerfall Covenant
    Founder of the Red Crescent Clan
    Ethan Maxwell | CP 690+ Nord Stamina Nightblade
    Flawless Conqueror, Emperor
    ➳Core DPS Raider / Healer
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This contest doeant make very much sense. I have the equivalent of a 1/2 acre plot with a waterfall and a 2500 square home, yet you want me to take one picture that captures the essence of a hoarder or a party?

Why cant you just have judges get access to houses, take a tour of them and judge them?

Seems an awful lot like getting propeganda to use on social media more than actually celebrating the creations of people.

I have 40+ hours in my house as a totak package, thanks for the opporunity to showcase basically none of it.

Shame, i was looking forward to this.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are so many categories that could have been included, such as best landscaping, most creepy, most poor (making a home look like a hovel), best thieves den, best wealth, most comfy, best in theme, most creative use of tiny space (or best freebie appartment), etc. The four categories listed are already totally covered by what was posted on the forums (we've all seen the sparring arena, party deck, space ship that people posted in Community Creations), as if the people in charge just looked at what people posted and based categories only on that. I'm in a housing guild, and some of the creativity I've seen in there is amazing, and none of it has been posted in the forums. Not many of these works of art by my guild mates also fit your categories. You can't just base categories on what you see a few community members posting on forums. There's so much more scope for the imagination going on in-game that you are not seeing.
    Edited by Kesstryl on 9 March 2017 02:11
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hold up! How are we supposed to even attempt this contest, when the drop rate for the furniture materials is very low.

Buy them from the crown store.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was excited for this...

Where's the category for Homely homes?

One screenshot?

How would you even fit a whole duelling arena into one screenshot, let alone a multi-room house, or one with exterior and interior?

<Sigh>
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are brazilians allowed to participate?
    Didnt find a list of excluded countries here http://woobox.com/offers/rules/hutyrs
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the categories are really limiting!

would of been nice if i could of submitted a name for the photograph, by way of explanation of what my 'fantastical creation' is! The Slaughterfish challenge assault course btw.
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One technical question: how are we PS4 players supposed to upload screenshots to the website ? There is no easy access to them that I know of.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One technical question: how are we PS4 players supposed to upload screenshots to the website ? There is no easy access to them that I know of.

Take a screenshot using the share button, copy it onto a usb memory stick, then use a computer :-).

You may be able to use the PS4 browser? Not sure if you can upload files though...
    PS4 - EU

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's bad enough for those players who can never participate because they live in the "wrong" part of the world - which I do understand is usually down to their laws rather than anything ZOS can control - but to exclude players because they don't have a valid social media account is at least as bad - and that's something definitely within ZOS's control.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    It's bad enough for those players who can never participate because they live in the "wrong" part of the world - which I do understand is usually down to their laws rather than anything ZOS can control - but to exclude players because they don't have a valid social media account is at least as bad - and that's something definitely within ZOS's control.

There's a link to upload images on the competition announcement page, if you don't have instagram/twitter.
    PS4 - EU

• unwoman
    unwoman
    ✭✭
    Did I read that right, Canada is excluded? Kinda ridiculous how limiting their contests are.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »

There's a link to upload images on the competition announcement page, if you don't have instagram/twitter.

That link is only valid if you have a Facebook account. The rules state:-

"NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Internet access and a valid Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account required. To enter the Contest, each entrant must, during the Contest Period, upload a screenshot of their decorated home in The Elder Scrolls Online, based on one of the four categories of themes set forth below with the hashtag #ESOHomeDecoration (the “Submission”) either (i) by using the Woobox app on the ESO Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnline, (ii) on Twitter, or (iii) on Instagram.

I don't see any way of meeting the official or practical requirements if you don't have a valid social media account.
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    Earthtear Cavern is a Yokudan ruin, not Nedic...

Is Lawrence on vacation?
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »

That link is only valid if you have a Facebook account. The rules state:-

"NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Internet access and a valid Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account required. To enter the Contest, each entrant must, during the Contest Period, upload a screenshot of their decorated home in The Elder Scrolls Online, based on one of the four categories of themes set forth below with the hashtag #ESOHomeDecoration (the “Submission”) either (i) by using the Woobox app on the ESO Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnline, (ii) on Twitter, or (iii) on Instagram.

I don't see any way of meeting the official or practical requirements if you don't have a valid social media account.

Oh, i didnt realise that.

It kind of sucks. But on the other hand, nearly everyone does have at least one of those. But it's easy to make a temporary account just to enter the competition?
    PS4 - EU

• Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Could I please get a clarification on the rules at http://woobox.com/offers/rules/hutyrs?
    and be a legal resident of one of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia) excluding the territories, military installations and commonwealths, Canada, the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Finland, Norway, the Netherlands, Australia (excluding New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory) or New Zealand.
    This wording is VERY strange.

Does this mean as an Australian from New South Wales I can or can't enter???? Is that a double negative in there? And does that mean the rest of the world not listed can or can't enter?

Thanks.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________