Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Feedback Thread for Player Housing

• O-Los_Zulis
    O-Los_Zulis
    ✭✭✭
    FYI don't swim off the island in editor mode you will shift the 'objects' and they will be all over the place.

Is there a way to reset the island back to where things were when I purchased it? That would be helpful. (a lot)

*UPDATE* it maybe only a client bug. I logged back in and the island was back to normal.
    Edited by O-Los_Zulis on 5 January 2017 01:08
    Tyger Blue Eyes

"My words mean nothing if you never listen."

-=15+ Toons=- cp1300+ Master Crafter+ 12+AD 1DC 1EP=-

• Nwevyn
    Nwevyn
    ✭✭
    Sitting on a stool is hit or miss. With sheathed weapons it is only rarely that I can manage to sit without immediately standing. However, if I unsheathe my weapon I can sit most times. Unfortunately, I seem to be a bit absent minded because as soon as I sit with my sword across my lap, I will immediately stand up, sheathe the sword, and then sit down again. When my weapons are unequipped and I have my fists raised, having to stand up to lower my fists seems really OCD. :smile:

When I do keep my seat on the stool, it's not always on the stool. Clipping issues will occasionally have me forcing my legs through the stool and sitting off to the side of it.
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just an issue a friend and I noticed when we rolled template characters re: the initial quest with Canthion.
    It seems he'll only show up in the bank for your faction's starting zone, which on the one hand makes sense since it ensures you wind up with the starter room in your faction's zones, but on the other, is also a little confusing since One Tamriel supposedly erased those lines. We rolled different factions and couldn't figure out why only one of us could see Canthion in the bank. I feel like it'd be a little more intuitive if he was available in all 3 banks, thus giving you a choice of which of the three starter apartments you want.
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when I switch characters, the merchant, banker, and smuggler I had previously placed are no longer in position.
    Ray
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    House of the Silent Magnifico has "Greenshade" listed as location in the collections tab. I'm pretty sure it should be "Alik'r Desert" instead since it's located in Sentinel :)
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

So far so good, with one minor weird thing.

If you go to place the Alliance War Horse as a "decoration" in your homestead, it seems to default to DC (though I am logged into an EP) and if there is any way to change which displays, I'm blind and dumb and can't find it.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    The housing looks fantastic - love how many different types and sizes of housing is available, love the items for the house, love that the editor lets you put things anywhere you want...

However, I do believe that there are too few item slots in the houses. When even the tiniest items (a set of tongs, or a candle) take up a whole item slot, only allowing 700 items in the manor is simply not enough to add much real detail and customization to the place.
  • Jeremiah87
    Jeremiah87
    ✭✭✭
    I defiantly foresee the item limits to be too low. 700 for a manor seems way too low if you really want to pull of some detailed and interesting things. These decorations in just the fountain of the Ebonheart manor are 20+ items...

• Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mournoth Keep

The meshes for the support pillars specifically around the stairs and on the upper floor are giving off that blinking effect when you pan your camera.

5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the official feedback thread for player housing! Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues? I did this quest, nice and easy to do. No issues, but did notice an addon caused the Furnisher store to appear empty - so if anyone else sees this, disable all addons.
    • Home Previewing
      • Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold? Yes.
      • How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door? I used the crown store and the Collections UI.
      • Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home?Initially I did not. A Guildmate said to press F5 (purchase) and then switch template to furnished, then ESC out. That worked but isn't intuitive.
    • Furnishing Sourcing
      • Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers? Yes, can't wait to go see all the neat stuff they are selling in each zone. I dropped the Blood Fountain from Ebonheart vendor in my new apartment just to see it - it is huge!
      • Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher? Is this fellow hinting that we should be getting married? Placed them all just fine. Love those blue glowing flowers!
      • Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite? Not yet!
    • Specialty Furnishings
      • Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them? Obtained easily from Mystic, figured out how to place on table individually. Placing on bookshelf was difficult, would be nice if the "Align" feature would line the book up to be binding facing out, instead it puts the face of the book towards you. Also, while trying to place a second book on the shelf (vertical next to first) I accidently picked up the bookshelf. Maybe a way to lock the shelf in place while we place things on it?
      • Did you understand how to use the various light sources? Yes.
      • Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on? Found chairs in an inn, had to be right on them to get a 'Sit' prompt, some said E Sit and some just said Sit and some would not do anything, some would work fine and some the character tried to sit but didn't really manage to so stood back up.In house chairs seemed easier to use.
    • Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home? Yes.
    • Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience? Tried outside in the Ebonheart Chateau. Lots of room there.
    • Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles? They seem nice:) Could use one a new trophy one to collect all the Undaunted Busts. No achievement for actually crafting furniture, just learning and harvesting. Wouldn't mind an achievement in exploration to discover all the homes as long as the previewing them doesn't complete it.
    • Which was your favorite home, and why? not sure yet, so much to look at!
    • What did you think of the prices for each home? These seem to correspond well with the size (indoor+outdoor area) of each home.
    • Are you an ESO Plus member? Yes
    • Do you have any other general feedback?
    • Hammerdeck house says great deck but that isn't part of the house you can do anything with, decorate. Is that intended? Was it supposed to have a garden/yard component?
    • Small = Staple; Medium=Classic; Large+Manor=Notable on the crown store categories?
    • Please allow mounted travel for homes with large outdoor areas: the island and notable homes for example
    • woodworker decor is on the Woodworker instead of the Carpenter (for Smith and Cloth they are on Blacksmith and Clothier) - the style stone sellers not the gear sellers.

• EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry. I've made stupid thing, I have opened homeowner crate with my char on PTS and have used all houses from it.
    And now I have no opportunity to look on pre-decorated houses from Crown Store.
    Is there a possible way to reset my account? @EvilCroc
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Home Goods Furnisher in Skywatch with the quest marker is empty for me. Not a damn thing to sell for my apartment quest.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Home Goods Furnisher in Skywatch with the quest marker is empty for me. Not a damn thing to sell for my apartment quest.

It's an add-on conflict.
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It feels like dead space to me. I played around with a bunch of houses, did the apartment quest (hey I have a closet! :p ) and while they're fun to decorate, they feel very non-interactive once you're done. You go into an inn or an npc home and you can use the wardrobes and baskets. In your own home, they're just there. Ok, I can put it anywhere, but it's dead space. I see now why including storage would be tricky with this initial release, but if in the meantime the furniture that's interactable in the rest of the world was the same in your house, it would feel better. Even if I use my wardrobe or crate and just pull out a random object, it would feel at least as alive as npc homes.
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Item limit - need more number of items.
  • Damascus
    Damascus
    Soul Shriven
    Firstly, everything looks awesome.

I did have issues placing my pets/mounts. Specifically in Strident Springs Demesne, I placed a lizard, horse, and crab outside. I ported to another house and when I returned only the lizard had stayed in place.

I understand the pricing, but they definitely need to be adjusted because the differences between homes is insanely drastic. For instance, Strident Springs Demesne is 1,280,000 gold and you get a waterfall and a watchtower, while Hunding's Palatial Hall is only 15,000 more, but you get a watchtower, a reflecting pool, a private beach, a 3 stall stable, an inner courtyard, FOUR balconies (one of which is gigantic), and wayyyy more living space inside the home and on the grounds. I don't see how all that is a 15k difference? At all.

In the crown store the preview feature is useless for large items? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but I couldn't view any of the statues, the forge, or any of the trees?

But all in all, I love it! Huge selection of decor. And the process of moving decorations is really intuitive and easy to do. You can get really creative with skewing things or going full-on Sheogorath-stuff-on-the-ceiling.

• Damascus
    Damascus
    Soul Shriven
    Damascus wrote: »
    I understand the pricing, but they definitely need to be adjusted because the differences between homes is insanely drastic. For instance, Strident Springs Demesne is 1,280,000 gold and you get a waterfall and a watchtower, while Hunding's Palatial Hall is only 15,000 more, but you get a watchtower, a reflecting pool, a private beach, a 3 stall stable, an inner courtyard, FOUR balconies (one of which is gigantic), and wayyyy more living space inside the home and on the grounds. I don't see how all that is a 15k difference? At all.

I just checked out Dawnshadow, which is 1,275,000 gold (20k cheaper than Hunding's) and it has none of those amenities? I guess the two tiny balconies, but they're too small to decorate? And half the living space inside the home as well as the yard? I'm really not understanding the pricing metric I guess?
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Hunding's residence does not have roof access other than streaking there as a sorc from the tower.

The House of the Silent Magnifico also would be nice to be able to edit the roof. It is a beautiful space but needs more editable room.

Would be nice to have a few fishing holes in the houses with ocean/lake/stream access.

Would be really nice to be able to access the walkways on the walls of the estates that have them. For example, I can get to the top of the watchtower in the Strident Springs Demanse, but I can't get to the walls from there. There is also no access to the other watch towers. I used the editor to stack boxes and barrels to jump onto, but there is an invisible barrier preventing access once you get to the top. Needless to say, it was very disappointing.

Not sure if intended, but when I put my mounts on the homestead via the editor, when I leave and return they're gone. Colossal waste of time if they don't stay. My non-combat pet stayed but not the mounts.

Finally, I would be nice to be able to mount in the larger houses to get from one side of the estate to the other quicker.
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't preview the Grand Topal Hideaway because of a "Jump failed. Instance is full." error.

Are you throwing me into the same instance as the other people previewing it?

This was happening since PTS just opened and everyone was basically jumping into homes immediately. The issue should be resolved by now, but if you're still running into the issue, just keep trying and you'll eventually get there.

So it's gonna be a problem as more players buy these homes cause of how it's instances when going live?
    (Asking based on context?)

I had so many failed jumps it was tedious.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    milkbox wrote: »
    Also, I'm curious to know if there is a way to obtain plants and trees in-game, or if they are only available via crown store. Anybody know?

@milkbox According to the patch notes:
    Home Goods Furnishers
    These vendors can be found throughout Tamriel in each alliance’s main city and all capitals, and offer a number of basic home commodities as well as local plants and natural stone from the region they are located in.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why the hell do we need imperial to buy certain houses??
    I already bought Tamriel unlimited and gold edition cause you wont take my damn card to buy from the store, im not buying the game a 3rd *** time.
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annalyse wrote: »
    I'm getting a lot of "instance full" messages when I try to preview smaller homes.

@Annalyse
    I saw a Dev comment earlier that suggested something like this occurs when the instance is full.

So it seems on top of the player count in your home, as more and more players use houses the instance fills up.

I hope I'm interpreting it correctly. If not sorry but keep trying to get in until it stops saying full

I realize that, but I think it will be a major problem when it goes live with the amount of people previewing, so it is something that needs looked at!

I haven't had a lot of time to experiment, but some initial observations:

- I found it confusing how to preview furnished. I never would have chosen the "purchase" option and found out had I not read about it here first. People will be much less likely to press "purchase" when this goes live and they are worried about spending their own money, so it would be better if it was an option directly from the crown store menu somehow.

- I dislike how when you preview, you get teleported away when you try to exit through the door. Oftentimes when I previewed I just wanted to see how close the home was to the surroundings, and I had to actually buy each home to see that. It would be nice if it was optional or something.

- A lot of the larger homes had a huge amount of outdoor space, which is great, but it often runs all around the house and it is just annoying to not be able to use your mount to traverse it. I understand how it could conflict with mounts that you have already placed in the stable, but it would be great it if allowed the use of mounts that aren't placed at least.

- For some odd reason, the innkeeper at the Sister of the Sands inn in Sentinel is always standing on the table when you exit the apartment. If you enter the inn from outside that is not the case. Not really a big deal but it is weird.

- please make mounts remain the stable when I return to a house! Don't want to replace them every time.

- there really has to be an increase in the amount of decorations allowed. The number may sound like a lot, but there are so many small things that you can fill half a manor without crowding it and use up the allotment. Maybe at least offer extra spaces to be purchased from the bag space NPC or something.
  • Cellentel
    Cellentel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Housing observations:
    • Furniture sitting is extremely hit or miss. I purchased the furnished Craglorn cavern, and only about half the chairs allow sitting. The furniture the tables doesn't allow sitting, so what's the point of them?
    • Furniture that does allow suitable seems to be very temperamental. About half of the time my character got up immediately after sitting down even though I didn't touch anything.
    • The non-usable storage containers are really, really frustrating. I got a line of closets with a chest in front and none of them are usable for anything. This seriously detracts from the experience. Please, please, please give us usable storage space in here separate from the bank. We need room for all the stuff, and it will make the homes feel like homes instead of museums where we can look but not touch anything other than the interactive candle exhibit. As it is, I can't see myself putting any containers anywhere because they're lack of usability would frustrate me every time I look at them.
    • Exiting the house is a pain. Teleports from the map require gold, and the door takes you to the house entrance instead of where you were. Teleports out of the house should be free, or at least there should be an option to take you back to where you were.
    • In big houses, the walk to the door is annoying if you want to exit that way. A menu option to leave from anywhere would be nice.
    • Teleporting to the house from the map triggers the higher cost teleport, even though the teleport to the house is free.
    • Teleporting to the house from a wayshrine has the teleport animation instead of happening instantly like other teleports.
    • It would be nice if pets and mounts could roam a bit instead of standing there like statues.
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Houses look great in general, even the smaller ones are really nice and affordable.

The only one I did not like is the AD manor which is massively underwhelming for the price. The interior is smaller than most large house. It cannot even be compared to the other two mansions considering the price - even half price would feel expensive. Would really like to see a decent manor on AD side too, the other alliances are great.

The cavern and the tropical island both amazing, hope they will be available from start.

Furniture variety is great and the furnished houses look tasty. I'd really like to see an option to furnish a house bought for gold or otherwise unfurnished. Personally I would love to buy all houses furnished either for gold or at least for a mixture of gold + crowns. I like the convenience of having them decorated at a good level - definitely don't want to furnished 20-30-40 houses from scratch. But buying all for crowns while having gold in the bank for nought is not good. Please give us a mixed option. It would allow people to change their minds and get a furniture pack to house bought without it earlier or by mistake.

Also would really love to hear about the crown prices. The current 10-400 crown per piece for furniture does not project any good for the whole house prices.
    Edited by SickDuck on 5 January 2017 04:02
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for player housing! Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues?
      I was unable to complete the quest using my own toon, Ronno, a maxed toon I've played since launch.. I found a few patterns to craft, none fulfilled my quest requirement. I next took almost an hour to find the Home Goods Merchant. The quest objective didn't point the way but eventually I found one in sky watch, but he had no goods to sell. Nothing! Guild stores are empty. So I'm stumped how do you complete this on my toon?
    • Home Previewing
      • Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold?
        I was able to preview a home from the crown store and buy one that way. I didn't try for gold as I couldn't get the quest to complete.
      • How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door?
        Crown store.
      • Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home?
      Yes
    • Furnishing Sourcing
      • Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers?
        No, the Achievement Furnisher had nothing to offer either. This toon has most achievements complete.
      • Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher?
        No.
      • Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite?
      Haven't tried yet.
    • Specialty Furnishings
      • Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them?
        Yes.
      • Did you understand how to use the various light sources?
        Yes.
      • Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on?
      Tried but was frequently forced to stand again. Visited a friends home eventually they'd get stuck in the sit animation after moving around and they'd be sitting on idle.
    • Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home?
      Yes
    • Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience?
      Had not tried.
    • Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles?
      Haven't had a chance to try for them- see problems with quest in my earlier note.
    • Which was your favorite home, and why?
      I liked the Craglorn cavern, it's spaceous and has a hidden backroom area.
    • What did you think of the prices for each home?
      Way too expensive. I've been playing since beta, and with trials, gear refits and load out changes. I've only amassed a grand total of 3million across all of my toons. Yet we need to have more than 12.1 million to get the apex titles. I don't have that kind of time and I play this game 5 hours a day minimum. This is definitely not newbie friendly.
    • Are you an ESO Plus member?
      Yes
    • Do you have any other general feedback?
      Not at this time. I feel I'm unable to provide feedback on a system that isn't working well.

• Cellentel
    Cellentel
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is not clear that in order to preview the furnished version of the house, you must go to "Purchased" and change the setting there. That UI feels like you're only changing it to buy it instead of just look at it.
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be awesome if I can hire NPCs like a cook, butler, minstrel, guards, etc, etc for my manors. I want my homes to feel more alive!
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • JodaGreyhame
    JodaGreyhame
    ✭✭✭
    A few gripes I have with the housing:

- I should be able to mount my horse in my house (at least outside); it is my house!!

- Why do we have to do all the dungeon achievements AGAIN? we've already done them multiple times each patch comes out with new achievements. Surely its easy enough to retroactively award the achievements?

- Why are there invisible barriers around the house? I should be able to jump off my fence if I so desire...
    Edited by JodaGreyhame on 5 January 2017 04:39
    Orsimer Than You I Am: Orc Warden
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems I'm plagued by slaughterfish! :D

The waterfall to the right, as you port into Earthtear Cavern, is home to a bunch of the nasty fishy teeth chompers! (as I only found out after I had stripped off for swim! XD) The waterfall on the other side is good though.

eso64%202017-01-05%2014-15-02-82.jpg
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At Mara's public kiss, I have tried to interact with malla but cannot. What is an accolades vendor?

I cannot find any quest around here.