The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Elemental Fury – PvE Heavy Attack DK Build (Wolfhunter Ready)

• Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Updated with new parse video and a no-grind setup.

Awesome rotation!

Even post crit nerf, illambris is still bis right?

Thanks a lot! I prefer illambris because this build gets basically the best uptime on it that you can have. Grothdarr will work great too in melee range, but I want to keep the lightning/fire synergy. Still messed up a bit in the video, still room for improvement. The parses fluctuate a lot due to the new minor vulnerability and exploiter passive. Sometimes I get an 80%+ uptime and get 36-37k dps by myself (with guard), sometimes I can't pass 32k dps with it. In groups the uptime will be a lot better, so the dps will be better accordingly.

So illambris is better than kena, or no monster set and straight up stats like 1 kena, 1 grothdar? The no crit from proc sets scares me.

In the parse you see that the 2 piece illambris does ~7% of the damage, so it is definetely better than mixing sets. I've tried different combinations and none of them came close to it. It out-dpses grothdarr and skoria by quite a margin.

Good. I have illambris in divines >:)

You might have to gold out your vma staff, give in and do it B)
    Edited by Masel on 8 February 2017 19:36
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated with new parse video and a no-grind setup.

Awesome rotation!

Even post crit nerf, illambris is still bis right?

Thanks a lot! I prefer illambris because this build gets basically the best uptime on it that you can have. Grothdarr will work great too in melee range, but I want to keep the lightning/fire synergy. Still messed up a bit in the video, still room for improvement. The parses fluctuate a lot due to the new minor vulnerability and exploiter passive. Sometimes I get an 80%+ uptime and get 36-37k dps by myself (with guard), sometimes I can't pass 32k dps with it. In groups the uptime will be a lot better, so the dps will be better accordingly.

So illambris is better than kena, or no monster set and straight up stats like 1 kena, 1 grothdar? The no crit from proc sets scares me.

In the parse you see that the 2 piece illambris does ~7% of the damage, so it is definetely better than mixing sets. I've tried different combinations and none of them came close to it. It out-dpses grothdarr and skoria by quite a margin.

Good. I have illambris in divines >:)

You might have to gold out your vma staff, give in and do it B)

I'll farm for a sharpened lightning staff with my other toons, gold that, then do it ;)
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92 i know this is a pve build, but have you tried it in pvp?

It was hilarious dueling people and killing them with a free skill (heavy attack).

Had a lot of trouble against vigor users with high stam and healing received. Also sorcs with their shields.

Anyways, dueling was a lot of fun :D
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    @Masel92 i know this is a pve build, but have you tried it in pvp?

It was hilarious dueling people and killing them with a free skill (heavy attack).

Had a lot of trouble against vigor users with high stam and healing received. Also sorcs with their shields.

Anyways, dueling was a lot of fun :D

Yeah I got the duelist title in a few days with it, it's awesome :D

Just replace eruption with fossilise, use shooting star and you can watch people melting in your blockade.
    Edited by Masel on 11 February 2017 19:00
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Added a non-vma staff parse.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92 if zos ever makes the stupid decision to give undaunted infiltrator the aether treatment, would elegant be bis?
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Darkninja_326
    Darkninja_326
    ✭✭
    Where does infallible aether drop now? I only see aether strategy pieces.

@Masel92
    Edited by Darkninja_326 on 17 February 2017 04:06
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Where does infallible aether drop now? I only see aether strategy pieces.

@Masel92

It still drops in all three craglorn trials. The probability for a set piece of aether/vicious ophidian/eternal yokeda is 80% in veteran trials and 20% in normal trials.
    So just run a few normal trials and ask if anyone can give you infused/divines pieces of it :)
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    @Masel92 if zos ever makes the stupid decision to give undaunted infiltrator the aether treatment, would elegant be bis?

I don't think they'll do that. If they would've wanted to change them, they would've done that with homestead. But yeah, elegance would probably be BiS then :)
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92 i notice you went with 2 undaunted body pieces for vma. Is that so you don't need to back bar to get the infiltrator buff?

What are your attribute stats with 2 medium 5 light?

I tried the dual wield method in vma and ran out of magicka as i needed to backbar cast every 10s. It didnt work out lol
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    @Masel92 i notice you went with 2 undaunted body pieces for vma. Is that so you don't need to back bar to get the infiltrator buff?

What are your attribute stats with 2 medium 5 light?

I tried the dual wield method in vma and ran out of magicka as i needed to backbar cast every 10s. It didnt work out lol

Yeah I put a resto staff on the back bar and just go 5 UI/5 Aether. If you're safe enough to go without rapid regen, use a Master Inferno staff with clench and crushing shock and put coagulating blood on the front bar.

For high score runs I use:
    vMA lightning staff:
    Dampen magic, coagulating blood, elemental blockade, burning embers/dragonscales, inner light, thunderous rage
    Master Inferno Staff:
    Dampen magic (for safety), molten armaments, destructive clench, elemental susceptibility(for bosses), inner light, shooting star
    Dragonscales are for rounds with a lot of ranged adds (3/5/7/8), burning embers for the rest as additional self-heal on kill.
    Less self healing, but bosses melt reeeeally fast. I'll tape a run with that setup next week. For starters/flawless, stick with the one in the build.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UI only comes in robust jewellery? How much does that affect the build?
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

Not really much, the 5 piece bonus adds around 4k dps, so we can afford to lose the 2k max magicka :) it would be better if it came in arcane though.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really much, the 5 piece bonus adds around 4k dps, so we can afford to lose the 2k max magicka :) it would be better if it came in arcane though.

Ok thanks for your answer and good info on this build :smiley:
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another question:
    Did you grind for UI sharpened swords or still using precise? In pic it says sharpened.

Do you use this build in vet raids? Also using the raid setup?

I have sharpened lightning staff and VMA is no problem, my mag dk been flawless for over 5 months. It's more just for trails/dungeons bc with this build I save money on pots and also I like the concept ( I was running IA/elegance) when it was effective.
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Another question:
    Did you grind for UI sharpened swords or still using precise? In pic it says sharpened.

I have sharpened lightning staff and VMA is no problem, my mag dk been flawless for over 5 months. It's more just for trails/dungeons bc with this build I save money on pots and also I like the concept ( I was running IA/elegance) when it was effective.

I'm still using precise, and yeah this is my main raidbuild on the DK. Did vAA HM last night with it, and broke 60k DPS. The AoE is just amazing in certain fights and as you said, sustain is pretty much infinite.

We're currently getting on vMoL hardmode, but for that you need to switch out guard as it basically kills you. I use destructive clench on front bar and rearming trap on back bar instead.

I did ~130 runs in Arx Corinium and didn't see a single sword of any trait except sweetsong, so I stopped farming for it.

Edited by Masel on 23 February 2017 09:14
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arrrrrrrgh, stahp it, you're making me want to run vMA. >.>

This build does look awesome, though. If I can force myself to grind out that staff, it might make me legitimately want to play my MagDK in PvE again, which I usually just dread at this point.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This build does look awesome, though. If I can force myself to grind out that staff, it might make me legitimately want to play my MagDK in PvE again, which I usually just dread at this point.

It's a great build. The vma build on my magdk with a purple nirnhoned vma lightning staff and all purple gear did 17k dps on the target skeleton. Imagine what a gold sharpened with all gold gear would get.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

It's a great build. The vma build on my magdk with a purple nirnhoned vma lightning staff and all purple gear did 17k dps on the target skeleton. Imagine what a gold sharpened with all gold gear would get.

Thanks for Advertising man! Do you want a salary? :D
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I won't mind B)
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

I won't mind B)

I would pay you ingame, but I'm currently building my MagPlar vMA build and that ate all my money :/
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I won't mind B)

I would pay you ingame, but I'm currently building my MagPlar vMA build and that ate all my money :/

You're on pc so you can't lol
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another question:

I'm still using precise, and yeah this is my main raidbuild on the DK. Did vAA HM last night with it, and broke 60k DPS. The AoE is just amazing in certain fights and as you said, sustain is pretty much infinite.

We're currently getting on vMoL hardmode, but for that you need to switch out guard as it basically kills you. I use destructive clench on front bar and rearming trap on back bar instead.

I did ~130 runs in Arx Corinium and didn't see a single sword of any trait except sweetsong, so I stopped farming for it.

Ok thanks for the info again :smile:
    Will look to grind for UI.
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92 have you tried unstable wall of elements rather than blockade? I'm currently testing this build out and with unstable woe there is no need for the half heavy attack;
    So it goes, unstable woe- full heavy- embers/reach - full heavy, swap, engulfing. Etc
    I'm on console so can't get accurate parses, but would be interested to know if you have or could test thus out
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you guys think Undaunted Unweaver/Infiltrator set will recieve the nerf just like Infallible Aether?

Buffing every tick of a channeled HA just sounds too good to be true. It outshines sets like Elegant waaay too much.

Something's fishy.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Didaco wrote: »
    Do you guys think Undaunted Unweaver/Infiltrator set will recieve the nerf just like Infallible Aether?

Buffing every tick of a channeled HA just sounds too good to be true. It outshines sets like Elegant waaay too much.

Something's fishy.
    @Masel92 have you tried unstable wall of elements rather than blockade? I'm currently testing this build out and with unstable woe there is no need for the half heavy attack;
    So it goes, unstable woe- full heavy- embers/reach - full heavy, swap, engulfing. Etc
    I'm on console so can't get accurate parses, but would be interested to know if you have or could test thus out

I haven't thought of that, but that's going to mess up the rotation a little. But you can definitely test it and tell me how it works out. I have university exams at the moment and don't have that much time to play... Maybe the rotation with unstable wall will be better! But you need to let it run out before recasting it and the duration is very short...

@Didaco I don't think that will happen. If they had planned to change it they would've done so with homestead, just as they did with sergeants mail, aether and sunderflame :blush:
    Edited by Masel on 9 March 2017 12:18
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Added a new vMA version and a full run video for Homestead (556k).
    Edited by Masel on 24 March 2017 10:21
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any reason why you went spinners instead of infiltrator for the flame whip version?
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

Any reason why you went spinners instead of infiltrator for the flame whip version?

I went for it because you get a flat 8% damage increse through the 5-piece, 8% through permanent concussion and 40% through off-balance synergy, another 129 Spell damage and 2k more magicka on Jewels. It just does more damage than UI in that setup. If you have a vMA lightning staff that is the best you can have.. Oh and i forgot that it enables you to use illambris 2-piece and have minor slayer. Against Off-balance enemies i tick for 13-14k per tick, so it is still really powerful, if not more powerful than any other setup. And without a sharpened vMA lightning its better because you only lose the sharpened trait on the back bar :)
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    I had a quick question on the glyphs for this... I see your BiS uses Damage and Crusher, while the no-grind build uses dual shock enchant.
    Is the shock designed to proc off-balance more often? Also, wouldn't the crusher be redundant for trials, since most tanks run crusher?.. or is it useful for keeping 100% uptime?
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow