The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Elemental Fury – PvE Heavy Attack DK Build (Wolfhunter Ready)

• coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    in solo PvE I still use the Spinner+Infiltrator combo. I got some non-ideal trait of Infallible Aether armor and blue rings, but no staff or jewel. Farming nTrials usually only gets me that decon-heavy armor crap or the Strategist set.

I got an infused flame vMA staff, no lightning yet at all and an resto staff....

So I wonder, is there anyway to make use of the flame staff at all? I dont think so because fire blockade wont cause off-balance...

what is the best setup for those of use without a maelstrom lit-staff?

Did you try the Flame Blossom set yet?

thanks for any advice and your work here.
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how does this build compare to other top tier builds in terms of DPS in HoTR?
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Doridori240
    Doridori240
    Soul Shriven
    Would Spinner + 4 infal + illambris still work? Paired with the thief still or go with the Spell Damage Mundus instead?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Would Spinner + 4 infal + illambris still work? Paired with the thief still or go with the Spell Damage Mundus instead?

It would still work, but in raids i found that you're overpenetrating too much, thus lowering your own damage ceiling. So i recoomend going with BSW+Apprentice for a raid environment. In 4-mans and unoptimized content, use the Lover Mundus+BSW.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92
    could you cleanup your first post a bit? :) There are still passages mentioning Undaunted Infiltrator and gear-setups with different sets than form your update (along with the videos). This might cause confusion.

Also can you describe the Rotation again (it is missing now it seems).

for solo/vMA do you think TBS could be better than Julianos? What about Flame Blossom?
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    @Masel92
    could you cleanup your first post a bit? :) There are still passages mentioning Undaunted Infiltrator and gear-setups with different sets than form your update (along with the videos). This might cause confusion.

Also can you describe the Rotation again (it is missing now it seems).

for solo/vMA do you think TBS could be better than Julianos? What about Flame Blossom?

Sure, will do that tomorrow!

About your questions:

If you want more health, I guess TBS can work well! But you already have 17.2k health with 5/1/1 so it's not needed, and having two Mundus stones with divines can be good I think, for example lover and apprentice. Bur overall, you can have lover+300 Spell damage plus two spell critical bonuses from julianos, so it is either:

Max magicka, 2x Spell crit, 300 spell damage

Or

Health, Stamina, magicka and 365 spell damage.

Not a huge difference, but I'd still prefer Julianos.

Flame blossom is an interesting set, kind of like a magicka velidreth, but the damage is quite weak after all... I have all the pieces, I will try to do a run tomorrow, have vHoF HM tonight...
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I pretty much have the bsw/ai setup already, however I don't have a staff. I do have MD charged staff tho. Would this work as well?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    SASQUATCH0 wrote: »
    So I pretty much have the bsw/ai setup already, however I don't have a staff. I do have MD charged staff tho. Would this work as well?

Yes. Moondancer/Master Architect/Infallible Aether all work fine BUT I always get better results with 4 Martial Knowledge. On my Sorc, on my DK, on my Warden, every Magicka Build. Minor Slayer isn't that great after all.

So I wonder whether this meta isn't "meta" after all.

As the damage done calculation is additive now, minor slayer doesn't give you 5% damage, and while it wmhas diminishing returns with raidbuffing scenarios, raw stats on the other hand doesn't.

I highly advice people from going away from minor slayer sets and using 4-piece regular sets instead. Also saves you a gear grind as they can be bought.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't compare any build to a magik Sorc, they get a buff every patch while everything else takes a nerf. I have been running my version of a heavy attack build for two years and it's a struggle every patch to not lose ground.
    - Heavy attacks nerfed last patch, now concussion nerfed... meanwhile all Sorcs get is buffed,

This is a build for someone that doesn't want to play the exact same way as 90% of the Meta sheep out there.
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    SASQUATCH0 wrote: »

Yes. Moondancer/Master Architect/Infallible Aether all work fine BUT I always get better results with 4 Martial Knowledge. On my Sorc, on my DK, on my Warden, every Magicka Build. Minor Slayer isn't that great after all.

So I wonder whether this meta isn't "meta" after all.

As the damage done calculation is additive now, minor slayer doesn't give you 5% damage, and while it wmhas diminishing returns with raidbuffing scenarios, raw stats on the other hand doesn't.

I highly advice people from going away from minor slayer sets and using 4-piece regular sets instead. Also saves you a gear grind as they can be bought.

Word, I guess no gold jewelry then lol
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also is the CP updated?
  • Paha_Vaatturi
    Paha_Vaatturi
    ✭✭✭
    Would it be possible to upload a video of your DPS test?

I got it to 34k with ele drain and guard last patch.

Now I dropped to 31-32k :(

I have the charged IA staff + jewellery, vMA lightning sharp, 5 BSW.

I tried with and without guard. With and without light attach weave. I just don't know what to improve without an access to the parse or ability countdown bars. And PS4 doesn't have those.

EDIT: I got 29k without elemental drain using your "Without Guard" bar setup. I tried using War Maiden, but my DPS dropped with 2-3k. Any chance of sharing a written rotation if you cannot upload a video?
    Edited by Paha_Vaatturi on 30 August 2017 13:05
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I was only hitting about 25k last night solo with 5 bsw, 4 moondancer, nirnhoned vma and 2 illambris. I think I can hit higher if I used the proper rotation/skills. But I think the skills on the first page are outdated. Build works fine in dungeons though. Completed falkreath last night no problem. I just want to hit higher in the skeleton.
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well rip mag dk I guess lol
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Hey man. Is the CP setup still relevant for this build? I’m. Intently using your gear setup and skills and @Alcast CP and things seem to be working well for me.

Also could you give a TL:DR for gear / Skills for CWC version of this build? I appreciate how long it would take to tidy up the original post so happy with a quick rundown instead

Thanks in advance.
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's
  • LordGodzilla
    LordGodzilla
    ✭✭✭✭
    1509593178-sans-titre.png
    1509593173-1507262567-eso64-2017-10-06-05-44-14.png
    1509835378-1507262596-eso64-2017-10-06-05-58-401.png

All is in french sorry.

But for set is :
    2xillambris
    5xSPC
    4xInfaillible mage (with maelstrom staff on backbar)

It's on 3M skeleton, only selfbuff

Oh and ! I'm an argonian #Masterrace
    So with Dunmer/Altmer you can take 5% of DPS.
    (5%of 30k is 1.5k, so 2K with crit i think, and you get 35k+)
    Edited by LordGodzilla on 12 November 2017 12:34
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

All is in french sorry.

But for set is :
    2xillambris
    5xSPC

That’s a really interesting build. I’d have never thought to use SPC or be an Arg. Can you post results for 6 million self buffed for comparison?
  • LordGodzilla
    LordGodzilla
    ✭✭✭✭

All is in french sorry.

But for set is :
    2xillambris
    5xSPC

That’s a really interesting build. I’d have never thought to use SPC or be an Arg. Can you post results for 6 million self buffed for comparison?

Oh god, i did a mistake xD

It's not spc (for healer)
    It's BSW

Argonian is just 'cause i like this race.
    Don't care about 5%.

If you know how to play, it's not so important if you play magDK dunmer or magDK/bosmer.
    Only 5% difference.
    (But hit can be 1/3k more dmg)

But, i will try to post it.

Maybe it will be 31/32k.

I will try to post the combat metrics in Eng' if the script works on it.

EDIT :

So the screen in Eng :smiley:

1510758663-sans-titre.png

And on 6M
    (With some rotation fail, just wake up and co on TESO for it :blush: )

1510758376-sans-titre2.png

With all trialbuffs (alkosh/spc/etc) it can hit to 35K

And if you're Altmer/Dunmer. you can get 3k more.
    So ~35k selfbuff (mana max/4%power/crit'mag etc) and 40K on trial (with alkosh etc etc)
    Edited by LordGodzilla on 15 November 2017 15:16
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

All is in french sorry.

But for set is :
    2xillambris
    5xSPC

Oh god, i did a mistake xD

It's not spc (for healer)
    It's BSW

Argonian is just 'cause i like this race.
    Don't care about 5%.

If you know how to play, it's not so important if you play magDK dunmer or magDK/bosmer.
    Only 5% difference.
    (But hit can be 1/3k more dmg)

But, i will try to post it.

Maybe it will be 31/32k.

I will try to post the combat metrics in Eng' if the script works on it.

EDIT :

So the screen in Eng :smiley:

1510758663-sans-titre.png

And on 6M
    (With some rotation fail, just wake up and co on TESO for it :blush: )

1510758376-sans-titre2.png

With all trialbuffs (alkosh/spc/etc) it can hit to 35K

And if you're Altmer/Dunmer. you can get 3k more.
    So ~35k selfbuff (mana max/4%power/crit'mag etc) and 40K on trial (with alkosh etc etc)

Ah, I did wonder lol

Appreciate you posting in English as well and also the 6m test.ike most I prefer doing 6m to get a more ‘real world’ feel for the dps.

Ilambris also seems to be the way to go now. I’m currently using Skoria and have a Groth as a backup depending on situation. I also have Illambris but is sat there unused. Time to get it gold and see what the difference is for me :-)
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to ask as well, what’s your rotation like?
  • LordGodzilla
    LordGodzilla
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, how i don't know the name in english >

I call my spell 1/2/3/4/5 for skill and O or M for offbar/Mainbar.
    la : Light attack
    HA : Heavy attack

So, my skill >

Bar 1 with shooting star is mainbar.

So you begin before the fight with 5O > 5M > 4M > and begin :

3M > swap bar > 2O > la > 1O > swap bar> 1M > la > 2M >HA > HA >
    3M> swap bar > 2O >la >5O > swap bar> 1M > la > 2M >HA > HA >

So you do this twotime and reput the 4M.

Use ult banner only when you put all DoT.
    Many time, the best moment to ult is the 3M (and don't do the 3M spell)

For trashmob/pack

Use with always the 4M up

2O > 3O > 1O > 1M > 3M > HA > HA

Use the 3O for interrupt (you can slot another interrupt spell for vHoF)
    The 4O is the free spell (shield for survive/chain for vMoL/ purge for vHoF etc)
    Edited by LordGodzilla on 17 November 2017 08:00
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    So, how i don't know the name in english >

I call my spell 1/2/3/4/5 for skill and O or M for offbar/Mainbar.
    la : Light attack
    HA : Heavy attack

So, my skill >

Bar 1 with shooting star is mainbar.

So you begin before the fight with 5O > 5M > 4M > and begin :

3M > swap bar > 2O > la > 1O > swap bar> 1M > la > 2M >HA > HA >
    3M> swap bar > 2O >la >5O > swap bar> 1M > la > 2M >HA > HA >

So you do this twotime and reput the 4M.

Use ult banner only when you put all DoT.
    Many time, the best moment to ult is the 3M (and don't do the 3M spell)

For trashmob/pack

Use with always the 4M up

2O > 3O > 1O > 1M > 3M > HA > HA

Use the 3O for interrupt (you can slot another interrupt spell for vHoF)
    The 4O is the free spell (shield for survive/chain for vMoL/ purge for vHoF etc)

That makes sense. Appreciate you giving the details on it. Thankyou :-)

I’ll be trying at some point soon to see how I get on with it
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    I am hitting 37K using the following rotation:

[start] Molten -> elemental susceptibility -> flames of oblivion -> trap -> meteor
    -rotation-
    [bar2] Wall of Elements->la->Eruption
    [bar1] Heavy -> Searing Strike -> Heavy -> Engulfing Flames
    [bar2] Wall of Elements->la->Flames of Oblivion
    [bar1] Heavy -> Searing Strike -> Heavy -> Engulfing Flames -> la -> trap

Keep a watch on Molten and Ultimate, recast molten if it's it's < 10 seconds and use the ultimate if it's up.

I like that it's simple... you have a lot of spare time on bar1 to look around and avoid mechanics if necessary. Bar 2 should be quick, and it just alternates between Eruption and Flames of Oblivion (and molten when necessary).

Here is a video, which might be helpful to some. Please let me know if you see any areas I can improve (other than missing a few la weaves and a full cast of eruption)... I'd like to push this to 40K.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQd1cguJV1w
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    pizzaow wrote: »

[start] Molten -> elemental susceptibility -> flames of oblivion -> trap -> meteor
    -rotation-

Keep a watch on Molten and Ultimate, recast molten if it's it's < 10 seconds and use the ultimate if it's up.

I like that it's simple... you have a lot of spare time on bar1 to look around and avoid mechanics if necessary. Bar 2 should be quick, and it just alternates between Eruption and Flames of Oblivion (and molten when necessary).

Here is a video, which might be helpful to some. Please let me know if you see any areas I can improve (other than missing a few la weaves and a full cast of eruption)... I'd like to push this to 40K.

Hey man, good rotation and some good numbers. Are you using / basing off Alcast? And what gear you using?

I'm currently flicking between 2 setups:

5 Julianos, 5 BSW, 1 Iceheart in a 5-1-1 with Nirn Shock staves on front and back
    5 BSW, 4 Martial Knowledge, 2 Skoria in a 5-0-2 setup with Nirn Shock staves on front and back.

I average around 25k on a lazy rotation but i know when i'm no being lazy and ani-cancel properly i'm around 30-35k.

My bars are as follows:

Main bar - Inner Light, Elemental Blockade, Engulfing Flames, Burning Embers, Flame Lash, Shooting Star
    Off bar - Inner Light, Molten Armaments, Harness Magicka, Eruption, Flames of Oblivion, Elemental Rage

My rotation is as follows:

Molten > LA > Eruption > LA > Flames > Bar Swap
    Engulfing > LA > Embers > Blockade > LA > Flame Lash-LA x 6-8 (depending if i ani-cancel or not) > Embers > Engulfing > Blockade > Flame Lash-LA x 3 > Bar Swap
    Restart rotation

I only ever drop Elemental Rage and will only drop it when BSW and Molten Arms are both active for full potential. If i go into the fight with ultimate charged then i usually do the following:

Molten > LA > Eruption > Flames > Elemental Rage > Bar Swap Engulfing (before Elemental Rage executes) then carry on with the rest of the rotation as above.

Seems to be working for me so far but i'd love to be able to push above 40k.

Are you Xbox EU or NA?
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    Hey man, good rotation and some good numbers. Are you using / basing off Alcast? And what gear you using?

5 Julianos, 5 BSW, 1 Iceheart in a 5-1-1 with Nirn Shock staves on front and back
    5 BSW, 4 Martial Knowledge, 2 Skoria in a 5-0-2 setup with Nirn Shock staves on front and back.

I average around 25k on a lazy rotation but i know when i'm no being lazy and ani-cancel properly i'm around 30-35k.

My bars are as follows:

Main bar - Inner Light, Elemental Blockade, Engulfing Flames, Burning Embers, Flame Lash, Shooting Star
    Off bar - Inner Light, Molten Armaments, Harness Magicka, Eruption, Flames of Oblivion, Elemental Rage

Engulfing > LA > Embers > Blockade > LA > Flame Lash-LA x 6-8 (depending if i ani-cancel or not) > Embers > Engulfing > Blockade > Flame Lash-LA x 3 > Bar Swap
    Restart rotation

I only ever drop Elemental Rage and will only drop it when BSW and Molten Arms are both active for full potential. If i go into the fight with ultimate charged then i usually do the following:

Molten > LA > Eruption > Flames > Elemental Rage > Bar Swap Engulfing (before Elemental Rage executes) then carry on with the rest of the rotation as above.

Are you Xbox EU or NA?

Thanks, the dummy took a lot of poundings while I was working on things. At one point I decided to try killing a robust centurion on my own, which did wonders to help me tighten up my rotation... took me about 20 minutes, but I highly recommend it; with a 3M dummy I was focused too much on the pre-fight/start and execute phases... not the case with a centurion. There is something to be said for hitting your rotation 300 times without a break. At the time I was testing an infused staff which lost it's enchantment halfway through.

The build is based on the one from this thread (rewind to page 1). I'm using the recommend gear: 5xJulianos, Ilambris and 4xIA with a charged staff. Using the "bars without guard" skills lineup.

I've tested Infused, Nirnhoned and Charged on the front bar, and was surprised that charged came out on top; I was predicting nirnhoned to finish on top, but in my [limited] tests that was not the case. Also, I didn't notice any difference between martial knowledge and IA, which also surprised me... I stuck with IA because I like all the gold stuff :)

The rotation you posted is very different from what I run. Yours is much quicker and seems to be based on flame lash (which isn't even on my bar). The highest MagDK parses I've seen use flame lash, but I'm lazy and when I've tried a more advanced rotation I've had a hard time keeping it up in a raid environment. Hopefully we can both push past 40K! I'm on XB1 NA.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

-rotation-

I was about to update this this weekend, maybe you guys can help me, I haven't played this build in a while as I focused on my newer toons, such as stamina warden and stamina dk.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

My bars are as follows:

Restart rotation

Are you Xbox EU or NA?

Thanks, the dummy took a lot of poundings while I was working on things. At one point I decided to try killing a robust centurion on my own, which did wonders to help me tighten up my rotation... took me about 20 minutes, but I highly recommend it; with a 3M dummy I was focused too much on the pre-fight/start and execute phases... not the case with a centurion. There is something to be said for hitting your rotation 300 times without a break. At the time I was testing an infused staff which lost it's enchantment halfway through.

The build is based on the one from this thread (rewind to page 1). I'm using the recommend gear: 5xJulianos, Ilambris and 4xIA with a charged staff. Using the "bars without guard" skills lineup.

I've tested Infused, Nirnhoned and Charged on the front bar, and was surprised that charged came out on top; I was predicting nirnhoned to finish on top, but in my [limited] tests that was not the case. Also, I didn't notice any difference between martial knowledge and IA, which also surprised me... I stuck with IA because I like all the gold stuff :)

The rotation you posted is very different from what I run. Yours is much quicker and seems to be based on flame lash (which isn't even on my bar). The highest MagDK parses I've seen use flame lash, but I'm lazy and when I've tried a more advanced rotation I've had a hard time keeping it up in a raid environment. Hopefully we can both push past 40K! I'm on XB1 NA.

I actually thought about burning a Centurion to see how things turned out. You've inspired me to say the least. I'll update you when i get round to it.

I actually got recommended MK by @Masel92 as a good alt set and i've been really happy with the results for it overall (and i really like the style as well).

I ran infused front bar and nirn back bar for a while but decided to go double nirn to get the extra damage on the front to buff up Flame Lash a bit more (seems to be paying off for the most part). I have read in a few places now about charged being BiS overall though. I did use 5 Julianos, 5 Silks of Sun and 1 Iceheart prior with a fire staff front and shock staff back to farming BSW but changed from it when i noticed the massive damage that Elemental Rage was doing with Shock staff so decided to go double shock and get BSW. Safe to say i dont think i'll be going back to Flame staff anytime soon.

I think the hardest part for me was getting used to relying on Harness and Embers for staying alive but i also like the challenge it brought in as well. I'm Xbox Eu, was gonna say we'll have to group and push our builds as far as we can. I'm happy to keep updating on here though with any changes to see if we can help each other get there.

My rotation is definitely fast paced. I like the fact that if i wanna be lazy and not ani-cancel i can still get about 25k out of it depending how lazy i am (depends on what day i've had lol).

Edit: Forgot to ask where you spent your CP. I currently use the @Alcast setup as it seems to work for me for the most part but i'm open to suggestion on this part if there's anything i could be doing different.
    Edited by Cybercore_Death on 7 December 2017 15:37
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

-rotation-

I was about to update this this weekend, maybe you guys can help me, I haven't played this build in a while as I focused on my newer toons, such as stamina warden and stamina dk.

Hey man, i'd be more than happy to. You've helped me enough with advice on my other thread and in general your detailed build guides. Lemme know what i can do :-)
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭

More than happy to help, although I'm on console and without combat metrics it's tough to get reliable numbers. Please let me know if there's anything you'd like me to do. Here are my thoughts on my current build and where I think it could be improved.

Gear
    The gear and skills I'm using are nearly exactly your recommendations for HoTR. I've run some tests with some other sets (spider cultist/elegance/bsw), but keep coming back to Julianos.

Rotation
    I'm pretty happy with this rotation; things are lining up well... From the few buffs I can see in the video, it doesn't look like skills are falling off or I'm casting too early. If you're running a guard setup you might have some extra time to get in a partial heavy attack.

Traits
    I'd like to do more trait testing; specifically a nirn front bar (IA) and charged back bar. My nirn/nirn tests were surprisingly disappointing. But, it's tough to tell without combat metrics if it was just bad RNG or if I messed up the rotation more than usual. I need to save up a few more transmutation crystals to try my charged maelstrom staff theory.

CP
    I'd really like to clear my entire blue tree, take down a centurion and see exactly where my damage is coming from (in combat metrics); I've seen some forms where you can enter that information and it will spit out the optimal setup. Currently, my setup is really just guesswork, I started with LordGodzilla's setup (above) and took a few points out of elfborn and into staff expert. When I get home I'll post what I'm currently using, but there is no science behind it.

Misc
    For the target dummy I think could optimize by casting engulfing earlier, and running standard. And, for some stupid reason I took the ice comet morph of meteor. I'm going to run another test with standard and re-morphed meteor.
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

More than happy to help, although I'm on console and without combat metrics it's tough to get reliable numbers. Please let me know if there's anything you'd like me to do. Here are my thoughts on my current build and where I think it could be improved.

Gear
    The gear and skills I'm using are nearly exactly your recommendations for HoTR. I've run some tests with some other sets (spider cultist/elegance/bsw), but keep coming back to Julianos.

Rotation
    I'm pretty happy with this rotation; things are lining up well... From the few buffs I can see in the video, it doesn't look like skills are falling off or I'm casting too early. If you're running a guard setup you might have some extra time to get in a partial heavy attack.

Traits
    I'd like to do more trait testing; specifically a nirn front bar (IA) and charged back bar. My nirn/nirn tests were surprisingly disappointing. But, it's tough to tell without combat metrics if it was just bad RNG or if I messed up the rotation more than usual. I need to save up a few more transmutation crystals to try my charged maelstrom staff theory.

CP
    I'd really like to clear my entire blue tree, take down a centurion and see exactly where my damage is coming from (in combat metrics); I've seen some forms where you can enter that information and it will spit out the optimal setup. Currently, my setup is really just guesswork, I started with LordGodzilla's setup (above) and took a few points out of elfborn and into staff expert. When I get home I'll post what I'm currently using, but there is no science behind it.

Misc
    For the target dummy I think could optimize by casting engulfing earlier, and running standard. And, for some stupid reason I took the ice comet morph of meteor. I'm going to run another test with standard and re-morphed meteor.

I'm pretty much as above.

Gear
    I'm curious as to how close your setup is to mine in terms of numbers. And also whether its beneficial to go 7-0-0 / 5-1-1 / 5-0-2. I'm running 5-0-2 and find the extra defence and health to be beneficial. Also means i could get a away with using Tri-Stat food and not having too much of a health detriment. I'm also curious for Ilambris vs Skoria as they both seem to have pros and cons. I also dropped on 4 pieces of Moondancer the other week but need to gold them and retrait 2 pieces as they were something like impen and training.... go figure. Once i sort them i'll try a mix and match between MD, MK, Julianos, BSW, Skoria and Iceheart to see what comes out on top as well. I'm open to suggestion on this from as well. Still need to drop on a BSW Shock staff to be able to mix and match properly but i'll work with what i have for now.

Rotation
    I'll have to do a little testing and and mix and match i think. I should probably be using trap but it always felt like an awkward skill to run, the off one out if you like, when ever i added it to my rotation so i chose to leave it out in favour or double barring inner light,

Traits
    I'd like to get a definitive answer to this as well as charged seems to be recommended but the extra 240 spell damage from nirn should surely have an overall benefit.

CP
    Again, would be nice to get a definied 'optimal' setup to get the most out of everything.

I really hope together we can nail this as i love my mDK.

I'm also open to working out the most optimal setup for vMA no death runs. With my current setup i can no death run nMA easily with minimal effort in about 30/40 mins give or take. Would be nice to get a couple vMA staves to add them to the mix and see how things turn out.