Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: November 30th, 2016"

• Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bundle with the ice wolf mount and the pup pet would have been awesome too!
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
    Options
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My gosh, this is a good Crown Store feature! I am looking forward to all of it! I do not know if I can possible afford the motif, the elk AND the pup, and I cannot decide if I'd like the ice wolf mount, so much choice! :D
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
    Options
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know a lot of these items were on people's wish lists so that makes me happy.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
    Options
  • Inerar
    Inerar
    ✭✭✭
    I love the mounts and pet. This wolf mount seems better than previous wolves. Hope they'll not be overpriced, especially the Elk. And so there will be a New Life Festvial. I hope there will some collectibles in that festival too like the masks in Witches Festival. Events gives life to game and purpose to players.
    Whenever i search for an alternative game, i realize that how beautiful ESO is...
    Options
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's the article I wanted to see! I am glad that some attractive new cosmetic items and mounts are still being added for direct purchase instead of just for the crates and I will have something nice to spend my crowns on. This month, anyway!
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nexxus_ESO wrote: »
    The given reason for the Crown store only motif last time was that they had a problem getting two separate style materials to drop.

Wait, when did they say that? I kept up with the several threads about Grim Harlequin being crown-only, but I never saw this explanation given. And I'm not sure I buy it. They introduced new style stones for Hollowjack, so why couldn't they do the same with the grinstones? The fact that they're following the same pattern for each event (one new in-game motif and one crown-only motif) indicates that this was something they planned out and not just a work-around because of uncooperative code.

Unless I can see where someone from ZOS actually gave that reason, I have to believe that this is just an expansion of the crown store offerings, just like when they first started putting motifs in the crown store as an alternative to obtaining them in-game.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dakhumn wrote: »
    I love the mounts and pet. This wolf mount seems better than previous wolves. Hope they'll not be overpriced, especially the Elk. And so there will be a New Life Festvial. I hope there will some collectibles in that festival too like the masks in Witches Festival. Events gives life to game and purpose to players.

On the PTS there were hats to collect and I got a permanent Mudball so I can throw them year round!

The Elk is beautiful! How am I going to RP an Argonian with one though..hmmm
    Options
  • spiffy_jim
    spiffy_jim
    ✭✭✭
    I need some sort of mount randomizer or even quick change feature - it's becoming a pain RPing specific mounts for different parts of Tamriel when you have to manually change them in the settings.

*Tamriel Problems*

;)
    Options
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok this must be the best showcase I've seen yet. Well done ZOS, well done. :)
    Options
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    spiffy_jim wrote: »
    I need some sort of mount randomizer or even quick change feature - it's becoming a pain RPing specific mounts for different parts of Tamriel when you have to manually change them in the settings.

*Tamriel Problems*

;)
    There is an addon where you can keybind mounts, costumes etc., or even sets of costumes and mounts etc. together, called Pimp my Ride. ;)

Edit: You can also let it randomize toggled mounts, costumes etc. for you. ;)
    Edited by Greifenherz on 30 November 2016 17:35
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Again....ppl using an iPhone or iPad can't use the link as it says too many redirects.

Can you all start posting the content of the article in your post with a "hidden" button

Thanks in advance.

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on 30 November 2016 17:36
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for an adult wolf pet :/

But all things announced look great.
    Options
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Nice to see the Elk associated with Skyrim, rather than just making it a Bosmeri mount per standard fantasy tropes.

Yes, I am really happy for this too.

I remember when the description was datamined and I said the same. I didn't want them to make the Elk an elven mount because I didn't want it to be associated too closely to Thranduil.

I still imagine I will see many elves riding Elks, but hey, the description counts, right? I bought my Turquoise Nixad mostly for its description (It likes magic and poetry, and my main character is a mage who is also a bard, so... Yeah).

Well, it makes more sense for Bosmer than horses... therefore I shall name my elk "Thranduil" and use it as a mount for my Bosmer.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      Options
    • Dominoid
      Dominoid
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Ilsabet wrote: »
      nexxus_ESO wrote: »
      The given reason for the Crown store only motif last time was that they had a problem getting two separate style materials to drop.

Wait, when did they say that? I kept up with the several threads about Grim Harlequin being crown-only, but I never saw this explanation given. And I'm not sure I buy it. They introduced new style stones for Hollowjack, so why couldn't they do the same with the grinstones? The fact that they're following the same pattern for each event (one new in-game motif and one crown-only motif) indicates that this was something they planned out and not just a work-around because of uncooperative code.

Unless I can see where someone from ZOS actually gave that reason, I have to believe that this is just an expansion of the crown store offerings, just like when they first started putting motifs in the crown store as an alternative to obtaining them in-game.

I've also never seen this quote. It's simply a way to boost Crown sales. I don't like Crown Store exclusive motifs but ultimately it's fluff that doesn't affect much of anything. I hope they at least keep them to holiday events only. My compromise would be this year's crown store only motif becomes next year's dropped motif. If you want it now, you pay for it otherwise wait a year for the next festival.
      Options
    • MissBizz
      MissBizz
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Is there a reason one hat comes out Dec.15 - Jan 4... And the other is Dec. 22-Jan 4?
      Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
      Options
    • spiffy_jim
      spiffy_jim
      ✭✭✭
      spiffy_jim wrote: »

*Tamriel Problems*

;)
      There is an addon where you can keybind mounts, costumes etc., or even sets of costumes and mounts etc. together, called Pimp my Ride. ;)

Edit: You can also let it randomize toggled mounts, costumes etc. for you. ;)

*Mind Blown*

Thank you so much for this! :smiley:

u5OYeGe.gif?noredirect
      Options
    • wolfaust
      wolfaust
      ✭✭✭
      Great Elk! I love that mount, and will feel like Thranduil when I use it. :D
      Options
    • Abeille
      Abeille
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »
      Enodoc wrote: »
      Nice to see the Elk associated with Skyrim, rather than just making it a Bosmeri mount per standard fantasy tropes.

Yes, I am really happy for this too.

I remember when the description was datamined and I said the same. I didn't want them to make the Elk an elven mount because I didn't want it to be associated too closely to Thranduil.

I still imagine I will see many elves riding Elks, but hey, the description counts, right? I bought my Turquoise Nixad mostly for its description (It likes magic and poetry, and my main character is a mage who is also a bard, so... Yeah).

Well, it makes more sense for Bosmer than horses... therefore I shall name my elk "Thranduil" and use it as a mount for my Bosmer.

Oh yes it totally does, and I would get it for my Bosmer and call it "Lunch" if she didn't have the Clouded Senche already (called "Dinner"). She is more of the type of mer to go up the branches instead of staying on the forest's ground, and I like to think that the Clouded Senche can get up trees like its real life counterpart (don't smash my dreams if they shouldn't be able to, I want to believe!).

It is not that it wouldn't make sense, it is just that it is nice to see ESO not following this trope. I like when TES has their own thing, you know? Like the Dwarves that were actually Elves or the Orcs that were actually Elves and the Elves that are actually Elves and those Humans that are half-Elves and the Cats that might have been Elves but that's debatable, this kind of thing.

Oh by the way, I'm getting it for my Redguard. She is a performer, and a exotic looking mount such as the Elk is just the kind of thing she would like.
      Edited by Abeille on 30 November 2016 18:00
      Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
      Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
      Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
      Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
      Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
      Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
      Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
      Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
      Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
      Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
      Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
      Options
    • Braddec
      Braddec
      ✭✭✭
      So can we get an animation in Cyrodill for when I attack a guy on the elk mount, my wolf mount eats the elk as I beat on the rider? >:)
      Options
    • Integral1900
      Integral1900
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Well after yesterday's mess this is much more like it :)

Time to spend some crowns baby! I got a nord dk in need of some stalrim goodness B)
      Options
    • Preyfar
      Preyfar
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      While I may find those hats mostly atrocious, everything is just... it's <3. <3<3<3.
      Options
    • Preyfar
      Preyfar
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Dominoid wrote: »
      moonio wrote: »
      What is the 'New Life Festival'? please...

It was a lot of fun on PTS. A lot less "grindy" than the "Halloween" event. There was a lot of work put into this one.
      I'm hoping the Witches Festival gets retooled for next year to add some real content to it. A fetch quest and then non-stop grinding is... not... so great. It needs more things to spawn, more random events. In fact, adding actual random events to the random event nodes (e.g. the places where you find merchants under attack, sorcs fighting, hostages) with event-themed occasions would be really, REALLY awesome.

Come across a Scarecrow (like the polymorph) threatening random townsfolk, the Pumpkin polymorph spawning at random in fields... stuff like that would be really, REALLY cool and fit in with the theme.
      Options
    •  Panda_iMunch
      Panda_iMunch
      ✭✭✭✭
      Glad to see some of these items coming, even though it will be quite a bit of time before we can actually see them
      Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
      Twitch: Pandalius
      Beam: Pandalius
      Twitter: Pandalius
      Options
    • wayfarerx
      wayfarerx
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      This is a nice showcase, a good range of items that will appeal to many different players. For me the elk mount in particular looks neat and if it looks as good in game I will probably buy it.

Here's hoping good stuff keeps showing up in the store and doesn't slowly drain into the crown crates over time.
      @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
      Options
    • menedhyn
      menedhyn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Well, i'm definitely going to get the ice wolf pup. I can see it making a good companion for RPing one of my characters. Also, I think I will change my previous stance against mounts and succumb to the ice wolf one. Very impressive. I'm sold.

As for the generally positive response to this thread, this is what happens when a) you present us with quality Crown Store merchandise, and b) you offer it for sale via the Crown Store via a fair and transparent transaction, i.e. I get to see what it is before I choose to part with my money. If you want more if it, and i'm happy to throw more your way, put it on display, not in a random crate.
      I'm so glad my Ice Wolf Mount, Elk Mount and Ice Wolf Pup escaped the crates!
      And after the disappointment of yesterday, i'm genuinely happy for you :)
      'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
      Options
    • Kendaric
      Kendaric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      It is not that it wouldn't make sense, it is just that it is nice to see ESO not following this trope. I like when TES has their own thing, you know? Like the Dwarves that were actually Elves or the Orcs that were actually Elves and the Elves that are actually Elves and those Humans that are half-Elves and the Cats that might have been Elves but that's debatable, this kind of thing.

Oh by the way, I'm getting it for my Redguard. She is a performer, and a exotic looking mount such as the Elk is just the kind of thing she would like.

I don't disagree with you :) Though apart from the awful Hobbit movies I'm unaware of any fantasy setting that has wood elves riding elk or deer.
      Also: The first Orcs were tortured and corrupted Elves in Middle-Earth, so the Orc/Elf thing is not original ;)

I'm just glad the elk escaped the scam crates...

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
        Options
      • Abeille
        Abeille
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Kendaric wrote: »

I don't disagree with you :) Though apart from the awful Hobbit movies I'm unaware of any fantasy setting that has wood elves riding elk or deer.
        Also: The first Orcs were tortured and corrupted Elves in Middle-Earth, so the Orc/Elf thing is not original ;)

I'm just glad the elk escaped the scam crates...

Well yes, I was just pointing out that most of the playable race plus some was an elf at some point, which is a pretty interesting aspect TES have :P

I imagine that we will see other colors of the Elk in the crates, in the future. But I like this one, this one is nice.

Oh and other than Thranduil, I thought about the elves of Dragon Age when I thought of elves and animals with antlers. Please don't ask me to look up pics of it because just thinking of Dragon Age gives me the feels (why must my loved ones always want to destroy the world as we know it).
        Edited by Abeille on 30 November 2016 19:58
        Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
        Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
        Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
        Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
        Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
        Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
        Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
        Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
        Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
        Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
        Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
        Options
      • Jayne_Doe
        Jayne_Doe
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        I agree that this month's showcase is MUCH better than last month's. There wasn't a single thing last month that I was interested in.

This month....there are several. Glad I purchased 2 5500 Crown Packs when they were on sale!
        Options
      • WuffyCerulei
        WuffyCerulei
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        P U P P E R S
        untitled_design_21_.png?itok=3lh21z6y
        For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
        Options
      • aelurosa
        aelurosa
        ✭✭
        The mounts and puppy are great!

.. but I'm sad that there's another cash shop only motif. I get that you gotta make money, but it's still kinda bleh.
        @ Delirya.Gold
        GM of Rusty Old Dragons
        RustyOldDragons.com
        Options