Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

ZENIMAX, FIX YOUR PC LAUNCHER

Draxys
Draxys
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I left my launcher on while sleeping and at work to make sure that the patch was downloaded while I was away. This happened without any hitches, presumably.

However, there is a bug with the game or launcher that causes computers to think the game files are still in use when they are not and have not been for hours. This caused the launcher to think there was an issue with the download, even though it took the time to finish the download. Now that I am home and attempting to log in during my extremely limited free time, I have to restart my computer and re-download the game.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Can we please get some acknowledgment on this issue? I have this problem literally every single patch, big or small. It is incredibly frustrating to have my time wasted because of a launcher problem.

rip decibel
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally every single time a major update hits, I come home from work to find the word "Repair" where the word "Play" should be. I've just accepted that I have to wait an extra day before I can jump into a new update.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got around this by never loading the game via the launcher. I open it for updates, close it afterwards and load the game from the .exe in the install folder. Never any issues.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got around this by never loading the game via the launcher. I open it for updates, close it afterwards and load the game from the .exe in the install folder. Never any issues.

The game tells me that I'm using an outdated version if I bypass the launcher.

rip decibel
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Literally every single time a major update hits, I come home from work to find the word "Repair" where the word "Play" should be. I've just accepted that I have to wait an extra day before I can jump into a new update.

Repair gives me the same result, it tells me that game files are in use and it cannot be updated.

rip decibel