Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

EU/PC -- Aldmeri Dominion -- slow-play and role-play guild "The Lollygaggers"

LioraValkyrie
LioraValkyrie
✭✭✭✭
I hate rushing. If someone's rushing, without some obvious time restriction like needing to catch a train by a certain time, it means that what they're currently experiencing is unrewarding in some way so they need to hurry up and get to the next thing. Everyone in ESO seems to be rushing. To the next level? To the next piece of equipment? I want NOW to be worth savouring. This is the core concept behind The Lollygaggers. I've not seen another guild with this ethos, so I started my own. Been playing ESO for about a month, been a member of a couple other guilds, and decided I want to play my way. If my way is also your way, I would like to take the opportunity to invite you join The Lollygaggers.

So, what is worth savouring about an RPG? Story, character, escapism. Progression (i.e. levelling up) begins to take priority when these things are missing. This game has a great story with beautiful locations and lore in which to escape. It lacks, as I have observed, communities which embrace and encourage concept characters who are not swayed by the temptation of min/max builds, and fellow concept character players who are willing to support them in their adventures. In The Lollygaggers, I would encourage every guild member to take whatever skills they find most fun, and use whatever equipment they find most fun. Want to be a bow-wielding templar, a master of frost magic, or a pacifist priest? Brilliant! Whilst none of these builds is in the least bit competitive, they are the stuff to make us fall in love with Tamriel all over again.

As I am quite devoted to the Aldmeri Dominion and Queen Ayren, I am offput by the idea of being more or less forced by the Champion Point system into fighting for the Ebonheart and Daggerfall Alliances to continue progressing beyond level 50. In my opinion, this breaks the three savourable elements of RPGing: story, character and escapism. Consequently, I will never be particularly useful in PvP, Maelstrom Arena, and other competitive facets of the game. The more I feel pigeon-holed towards particular end-game builds and equipment sets, the less I enjoy ESO. My vision, therefore, is a "level-blind" approach to ESO, in which players of all levels travel together and support each other in service of our honourable queen.

If The Lollygaggers sounds like the guild for you, get in touch in-game by whispering or mailing @LioraValkyrie

EDIT:
I have put together a freebie website for the guild, which I plan on developing with a forum, links, etc. as our membership grows: http://fnbrown.wix.com/thelollygaggers
It says more or less what I have said in this post, but using pretty colours and screenshots :smile:
Edited by LioraValkyrie on 5 June 2016 15:15
Mistress of Apocrypha - Master PetSorc

Founder of The Lollygaggers
Creator of the 1-bar vMA build
World first solo vFH
Unchained Altmer Sorc Tank

Visit me on YouTube! Mistress of Apocrypha ESO