The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Permabans being lifted] ZOS how are we as a community dealing with exploits/hacking?

• HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick update for everyone regarding the recent influx of those using third party tools to cheat in ESO. We've adjusted our automatic anti-cheat systems to focus specifically on the cheats we've seen in the last few days, in addition to launching investigations on specific players. We've permanently banned 43 players in the last 24 hours who were found to be cheating. We don't take cheating lightly, and will continue to ban those who are found to be cheating. We'll be going back through game logs to identify players who were violating our anti-cheating policies in the hours before we performed the automatic cheat detection adjustment.

In addition, we're working on a number of fixes and improvements to prevent this kind of behavior from happening in ESO in the future. We'll provide more specific details about this tomorrow.

We want to thank everyone who has helped us identify those who would ruin your game experience by cheating, and the means by which they were doing so.

I appreciate the feedback with this Jessica, but I still urge ZOS to release monthly action reports like this at the very least. If you won't release the names of known cheaters, fine, but we still like to know some type of action is taking place on behalf of ZOS. And not just in incidents like this weekend.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, clearly there is a difference between an exploit and straight up hacking. It depends on the 'severity' of the exploit in question and what effect it can have on the game. For example the survey exploit was shared amongst players in private shortly after the banker was released, thus they amounted tonnes of materials and gold. This gives them the ability to either topple said market or keep it to themselves and circumvent ever having to grind/buy for materials/gold ever again. Let us not forget, duping, infinite surveys, infinite stamina, etc. All of these are just as severe as hacking in my opinion. Sure things like abusing shards on Kena, double potion, battle leveled buff food, etc. These suck to and shouldn't be tolerated but a permanent ban seems a bit hefty, temporary bans are the answer to things like this.
    Hacking on the other hand is a more intentional and aggressive method, you are out right abusing a 3rd party tool to purposely gain the advantage over other players/personal gain. Again, permanent bans are the only answer to these kind of offenders from my point of view. A harsh punishment system will deter people from jumping on the band wagon when something like this blows up again in the future.
    Edited by Ajaxduo on 31 May 2016 00:11
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • I_CraftwithPntButter
    . We've permanently banned 43 players in the last 24 hours who were found to be cheating. We don't take cheating lightly, and will continue to ban those who are found to be cheating. We'll be going back through game logs to identify players who were violating our anti-cheating policies in the hours before we performed the automatic cheat detection adjustment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt4AmH35png
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Wait...ESO had an anti-cheat system? Wut.
    It's called the forums.

lol truth
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Why is everyone so happy about this really?Most of the people who are really cheating and doing it on the low more then likely won't get banned since they have covered their tracks.The people who we really should be blaming who are abusing this cheat to farm VET MA and over leaderboard. They are still here and I doubt ZOS will find most of them.All ZOS did was ban the martyrs and people who was trying to get this noticed that's it.So stop cheering this on until ZOS really do something.

"martyr
    noun
    plural noun: martyrs
    a person who is killed because of their religious or other beliefs.
    "the first Christian martyr""

Really? xD Stop talking about them as if they died valliantly for some greater cause x)
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
    -=Nelaren Mosswind DC EU Stamina Nightblade=-
    -=Laura Desario DC EU Dragonknight=-
    -=Marni Bleakwood AD EU Stamina Templar=-
    -=Jealine Murow DC EU Magica Nightblade=-
    http://www.op-cast.com (Give us a listen if you're into RP and ESO lore!)
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick update for everyone regarding the recent influx of those using third party tools to cheat in ESO. We've adjusted our automatic anti-cheat systems to focus specifically on the cheats we've seen in the last few days, in addition to launching investigations on specific players. We've permanently banned 43 players in the last 24 hours who were found to be cheating. We don't take cheating lightly, and will continue to ban those who are found to be cheating. We'll be going back through game logs to identify players who were violating our anti-cheating policies in the hours before we performed the automatic cheat detection adjustment.

In addition, we're working on a number of fixes and improvements to prevent this kind of behavior from happening in ESO in the future. We'll provide more specific details about this tomorrow.

We want to thank everyone who has helped us identify those who would ruin your game experience by cheating, and the means by which they were doing so.

This is really great to hear, and I know you guys are still working on this and I know that things may go slowly because of the holiday weekend, but I just want to point out that more still needs to be done. As others have pointed out both in this thread and others, the real concerns come from people who make more subtle modifications with CE. While it is great to ban the people who are blatantly cheating, something needs to be put in place to make sure that people can't use CE to make less-detectable changes, like boosting things like regen, damage, armor values, etc., as many have claimed that people have been doing for years.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taruha wrote: »
    Why is everyone so happy about this really?Most of the people who are really cheating and doing it on the low more then likely won't get banned since they have covered their tracks.The people who we really should be blaming who are abusing this cheat to farm VET MA and over leaderboard. They are still here and I doubt ZOS will find most of them.All ZOS did was ban the martyrs and people who was trying to get this noticed that's it.So stop cheering this on until ZOS really do something.

"martyr
    noun

Really? xD Stop talking about them as if they died valliantly for some greater cause x)
    OK they didn't die but they gave up a game they cared about to fix this crap.You guys are cheering because they were banned but not the people who been cheating using this software for years.
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"martyr
    noun

OK they didn't die but they gave up a game they cared about to fix this crap.You guys are cheering because they were banned but not the people who been cheating using this software for years.

Abusing a hack doesn't sound remotely 'caring' at all...they got what they deserved.
    - - -
    - - -
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭

"martyr
    noun

What they did was wrong, and I am cheering because it was dealt with.
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sensing some hostility from people removed from the game . ZOS CE fix is working as intended . For every person that didn't rely on breaking rules in game this is good news . Even better news is more investigation to come . More strict enforcement in game on the Terms of service everyone had to agree to in order to be here . I don't expect any cheers to be coming from anyone that believed this to be acceptable behavior . I expect more half baked deep fried philosophical nonsense and rhetorical insults also against the TOS as these people have no regard for agreements they agreed to . No honor , no shame and no discipline . So discipline to them is a foreign concept .
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because its a start. I don't think anybody (well, anybody who is reasonable at least) expected them to fix this problem overnight. But an acknowledgement from Jessica like that shows that they are addressing the issue, and suggests that they will continue to address the issue.

Also, with ZOS only giving 3 day bans for people who took advantage of the crafting writ exploit, and many people believing that was not enough to discourage people from exploiting in the future, people are really happy to see that they are giving people much harsher punishments for this (which isn't surprising, considering the difference between an in-game exploit and using 3rd party software to modify code), and hope that it will discourage people from using cheats like this in the future.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    most people don't take vMA scores seriously because players will do account-share runs for real money. I assume anyone at the top of the leaderboard does this for others tbh. Some ego's were hurt we get it, let's stop acting like pve players are holier than thou, there is stuff that happens on that side of the track too just saying. As long as someone can account share a run I'm not taking anyone seriously with maelstrom.

Really sad that you're speaking out in support of individuals who used the cheat. -_-

There are players who work hard in every aspect of the game, and they are being directly hurt by this.

lol bee I'm not speaking out in support of anyone I'm pointing out that the vMA leaderboards aren't taken seriously as long as people are account sharing which we all know is happening. I also highly doubt there is a way to prove what did or didn't happen in this persons run and the leaderboards are getting wiped on Tuesday for DB anyway from what I heard. I'm not defending anyone I'm pointing out that the game has so many issues that make this almost impossible to deal with unless it's something like the potato Zerg lord who is on vid meteoring Mage guards or that other EP who went straight telvanni Mage in another vid that was posted. These are easy cases to deal with, they clearly didn't have any way of knowing when people were using cheat engine or it wouldn't have been so widespread.

I get that people are upset because their score was jumped by someone who everyone feels cheated...im upset about having to tank 40000 meteors the other night, but ZOS won't do anything about it anyway. the main EP player who was using cheat engine in cyrodiil already got a temp ban earlier in the week for it before the forums blew up and was allowed back into the game from what I was told lol.

They don't feel as though he cheated, he did. His ban has been brought.

There is no excuse.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because its a start. I don't think anybody (well, anybody who is reasonable at least) expected them to fix this problem overnight. But an acknowledgement from Jessica like that shows that they are addressing the issue, and suggests that they will continue to address the issue.

Also, with ZOS only giving 3 day bans for people who took advantage of the crafting writ exploit, and many people believing that was not enough to discourage people from exploiting in the future, people are really happy to see that they are giving people much harsher punishments for this (which isn't surprising, considering the difference between an in-game exploit and using 3rd party software to modify code), and hope that it will discourage people from using cheats like this in the future.
    They barely banned anyone who is really abusing the software they only banned the people who wanted to be banned that's it.While yes it the start am not sure they can find most of the people who used the engine for a slight buff.That might be because of my lack of faith in ZOS.

"martyr
    noun

Its hasn't been dealt with because the people they were trying to bring into light are still in the game.
    Ajaxduo wrote: »

"martyr
    noun

Abusing a hack doesn't sound remotely 'caring' at all...they got what they deserved.
    They were trying to bring this into light.Something other gamers have been trying to do for months and ZOS did nothing about it so they forced them to do something about it.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

"martyr
    noun

To be fair, why did your martyrs cheat? Because they felt Zos was ignoring the problem and taking this action might get it fixed, and might cost them their accounts.

If it gets fixed, even at the cost of their accounts. They succeeded and got what they wanted. They should celebrate along with us. But they are dead. Such is the life of a martyr. So we will celebrate double for them.
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭

They barely banned anyone who is really abusing the software they only banned the people who wanted to be banned that's it.While yes it the start am not sure they can find most of the people who used the engine for a slight buff.That might be because of my lack of faith in ZOS.

"martyr
    noun

Its hasn't been dealt with because the people they were trying to bring into light are still in the game.

"martyr
    noun

They were trying to bring this into light.Something other gamers have been trying to do for months and ZOS did nothing about it so they forced them to do something about it.

So am I correct in assuming you know all the people doing this hack then? I'd expect you as an upstanding player of ESO to swiftly provide the Devs with all the proof you have of these remaining offenders.
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

"martyr
    noun

"martyr
    noun

So am I correct in assuming you know all the people doing this hack then? I'd expect you as an upstanding player of ESO to swiftly provide the Devs with all the proof you have of these remaining offenders.

No worries. Who better to check the fine new anti cheat software?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

d-bryan-yes-yes-o.gif
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Phelaen
    Phelaen
    ✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Rakkul wrote: »
    Chori wrote: »
    Junkogen wrote: »
    Buffler wrote: »
    Repost vids, send in vids via tickets and dont name players then the thread wont get locked
    I think when players are hacking, then videos are fine, I don't see why we can't name and shame. We don't want to hide the toxic players in the community, why are we protecting them. Get rid of them once and for all.

As for the Maelstrom Arena before that gets out of hand, I've been seeing players all day getting high scores who are mainly unnamed/unknown in the realms of PvE.
    But honestly the players who held #1 are my friends and my guild mates, they have put countless hours of effort into keeping that spot, to have someone come in and ruin it is just disgusting behavior because they know nothing will happen to them. If I was #1 I would be completely pissed that I would be unable to grab a screenshot to show the achievement before Dark Brotherhood goes live because someone had hacked and gotten a seemingly impossible score. (which is actually a 29 Minute clear.)

As for PvP, I know it has less of a direct impact like PvE leaderboards do, but players should also get punished thinking how they can get away with such *** I don't understand how time after time you allow players to exploit, no more 3 day ban, stand handing out permanent bans, especially to those who have received one before and decided to come back and disrespect the company outright.

It's sad to say, but this now becomes another problem...you say that you and all your friends with high scores are legit, but who will believe they are now?
    And who will believe that Hodor (EU) are always first to complete trials due to being good or because speculation and hearsay may also point to it being a guild of cheaters?

Once the poison of cheating sets in and the finger pointing starts then where does it go from here? There will be a witch hunt.

I enjoy playing this game and basically have given up on large parts of it due to all the cheating...the spoilers are spoiling it for the rest of us.

Good luck with trying to keep your name and the that of your friends untarnished by this. If I were you, I would no longer put your "World Best" scores in your signature as no one will believe it anymore.
    I have videos online of my all my scores, so do hodor. theres no cheating like that, please dont say that kind of stuff when guilds/players go through a lot to prove their stuff is legitimate

Funny story about Major Update 6, because we had such a close compeititon with HODOR we had to both agree that we're allowed ot use the double mundus exploit so that we can keep a fair competition. Sucks when that happens, but when an exploit like double mundus goes viral you have to all agree to do it so no one is on the upper hand.

You went on and on about how legit your scores are and then outright admitted to cheating and how the lot of you colluded together. You guys are like all the cyclists using PEDs. You embrace the cheating because "everyone is doing it." Well, sorry, Lance Armstrong, it's still not okay.
    Link me somewhere I said they were legit, pretty sure in the massive thread we had we said it had to resort to that.
    Stop bringing this up lol, I gave an explanation about it. If there are 5+ teams all going for #1 and an exploit like so which mind you was so damn easy to do goes public then doesn't get fixed until AFTER the leaderboard reset, then yes all the teams to be on equal playing field agreed to do it so no one could be a whining loser and call out other teams with stupid accusations. I don't think it's right and I blame ZOS for not fixing it ASAP but leaving it in the game for months, what do you expect?

You can have your opinion and I think it's wrong, I'm not embracing it but in this instance it is necessary to do so. No one is flat out saying it's cheating and shameful in the conditions that were forced.

Put it this way, I'd rather everyone be cheating and on equal grounds with all the other teams (there were about 5 at the time, and I was in contact with them all), and they all agreed. We would rather all be using the same exploit rather than someone disrespecting our efforts put in and beating us while we weren't doing it.

Btw your analogy doesn't exactly apply during this whole thing, I agree it's cheating I'm not defending it, don't know what makes you think I am I've never said anything about that other than we all agreed we had to do it. And lastly, I really do blame ZOS for this but on the other hand it also avoided comments like "you only got that cause you exploited double mundus" when we hadn't. So either way, I don't think it devalues the score at all we were all on equal playing fields and I don't think you should spurt out your opinion and make attacks on peoples hard work when I've already explained the situation.

No offense Nifty but your image as a clean player on this thread just went to the drain with that whole statement and your previous ones. No one cares if you agreed upon having an exploit on your team or others team's setup, people cares if you guys allowed it and didn't condemn it the way you should have and people cares if you were not the better player standind up for what you believe lol.

How about you guys decided to be responsible enough to either not compete or agree upon not allowing any exploit on a team's setup huh? Would have been smarter, more honorable, and you wouldnt even have to be discussing what happened or bringing up this controversial subject on this whole thread.
    How about the exploit getting fixed ASAP and not being left in the damn game for months? And still in the game for another 6 months after the fix was out.
    Im a clean playing when it comes to playing on equal grounds as the competition, people often tend to do dirty things for #1 as much as they can.
    You can say what you want to and call us all cheaters and exploiters I mean we are and it had to be done because the issue was ignored. This wasnt 3rd party software all you had to do was put on twice born star, die and remove it. You kept your second mundus stone.

Anyway, stop bring the conversation up, we have all admitted it a year ago, no one really cares about it, and I dont know why you are showing offense to the subject when you werent apart of the 5 groups, and honestly if you werent apart of the 5 groups I dont really think it matters of your opinion as long as all of the people involved agreed it was necessary, then it was

What do you mean it doesn't matter.....
    You agreed to the T&C when you signed up for the game.
    You then decided that the T&C somehow didn't apply to you.
    Then deliberately hacked the game.
    ...and now you come along as though it's somehow ok just for your group of hackers?

I really don't think you understand the meaning of terms and conditions.
    Hack? I didn't hack. This was an exploit with TBS set a year ago.
    Huge diff between hack and in game exploit

You knowingly used an exploit though which is still breaking the Terms and Conditions. It shouldn't matter if it was fixed or not. Just because it is in the game doesn't make it okay to use it.

But it does make that that exploit must be immediately dealt with by the people who designed it in the first place.
    Not true, said exploit was being used for a total of 8 months by Im going to say 20% of the population. Threads were made it was a known exploit and largely used, zos acknowledged it but didn't do anything about it, guides were all over the place on how to do it.

Though I think this is a different situation and a lot more alarming, should I be banned, I dont know I said it a year ago as did many others, they didn't do anything. I don't think they banned because of how easy it was to do and how you could do it by mistake, I knew someone who had mundus stones stacking every time he picked one up.

Stop making excuses for people. It's never ok to use an exploit. And it makes you a bad player.
    Do you see me making excuses, where are you grabbing that from, honestly, can you read what I am writing?

Ive already said it is exploiting and its not okay to do so, but theyre not going to go ahead and ban a group of 20 people because they are trying to have a fair group competition between each other. That just doesnt make sense

If those 20 people have been caught hacking then yes they should be banned. They cant just stop and say "oh well they were just trying to make it fair for themselves" that will cause even more outrage.

Nobody deserves special treatment. We have already seen the outrage when a streamer got special treatment. I don't care if they are the president of the US. Everyone should be treated equally.
    No one is hacking it was an ingame exploit, and I personally think if those people are doing it to keep competition fair between them then yes, it should be allowed as it doesnt affect anyone outside.

If I went into cyrodill and got an unfair advantage against someone, then yes it affects other people, if I went and did maelstrom then yes it affects other people.

See the difference?

Depends on what this "competition" between them is. If it affects the leaderboards I believe it is a bannable offense. If not then that is up to ZoS.

Theres a difference between exploit and cheat engine l2smart plox
    Rakkul wrote: »
    Junkogen wrote: »
    Buffler wrote: »
    Repost vids, send in vids via tickets and dont name players then the thread wont get locked
    I think when players are hacking, then videos are fine, I don't see why we can't name and shame. We don't want to hide the toxic players in the community, why are we protecting them. Get rid of them once and for all.

As for the Maelstrom Arena before that gets out of hand, I've been seeing players all day getting high scores who are mainly unnamed/unknown in the realms of PvE.
    But honestly the players who held #1 are my friends and my guild mates, they have put countless hours of effort into keeping that spot, to have someone come in and ruin it is just disgusting behavior because they know nothing will happen to them. If I was #1 I would be completely pissed that I would be unable to grab a screenshot to show the achievement before Dark Brotherhood goes live because someone had hacked and gotten a seemingly impossible score. (which is actually a 29 Minute clear.)

As for PvP, I know it has less of a direct impact like PvE leaderboards do, but players should also get punished thinking how they can get away with such *** I don't understand how time after time you allow players to exploit, no more 3 day ban, stand handing out permanent bans, especially to those who have received one before and decided to come back and disrespect the company outright.

It's sad to say, but this now becomes another problem...you say that you and all your friends with high scores are legit, but who will believe they are now?
    And who will believe that Hodor (EU) are always first to complete trials due to being good or because speculation and hearsay may also point to it being a guild of cheaters?

Once the poison of cheating sets in and the finger pointing starts then where does it go from here? There will be a witch hunt.

I enjoy playing this game and basically have given up on large parts of it due to all the cheating...the spoilers are spoiling it for the rest of us.

Good luck with trying to keep your name and the that of your friends untarnished by this. If I were you, I would no longer put your "World Best" scores in your signature as no one will believe it anymore.
    I have videos online of my all my scores, so do hodor. theres no cheating like that, please dont say that kind of stuff when guilds/players go through a lot to prove their stuff is legitimate

Funny story about Major Update 6, because we had such a close compeititon with HODOR we had to both agree that we're allowed ot use the double mundus exploit so that we can keep a fair competition. Sucks when that happens, but when an exploit like double mundus goes viral you have to all agree to do it so no one is on the upper hand.

You went on and on about how legit your scores are and then outright admitted to cheating and how the lot of you colluded together. You guys are like all the cyclists using PEDs. You embrace the cheating because "everyone is doing it." Well, sorry, Lance Armstrong, it's still not okay.
    Link me somewhere I said they were legit, pretty sure in the massive thread we had we said it had to resort to that.
    Stop bringing this up lol, I gave an explanation about it. If there are 5+ teams all going for #1 and an exploit like so which mind you was so damn easy to do goes public then doesn't get fixed until AFTER the leaderboard reset, then yes all the teams to be on equal playing field agreed to do it so no one could be a whining loser and call out other teams with stupid accusations. I don't think it's right and I blame ZOS for not fixing it ASAP but leaving it in the game for months, what do you expect?

You can have your opinion and I think it's wrong, I'm not embracing it but in this instance it is necessary to do so. No one is flat out saying it's cheating and shameful in the conditions that were forced.

Put it this way, I'd rather everyone be cheating and on equal grounds with all the other teams (there were about 5 at the time, and I was in contact with them all), and they all agreed. We would rather all be using the same exploit rather than someone disrespecting our efforts put in and beating us while we weren't doing it.

Btw your analogy doesn't exactly apply during this whole thing, I agree it's cheating I'm not defending it, don't know what makes you think I am I've never said anything about that other than we all agreed we had to do it. And lastly, I really do blame ZOS for this but on the other hand it also avoided comments like "you only got that cause you exploited double mundus" when we hadn't. So either way, I don't think it devalues the score at all we were all on equal playing fields and I don't think you should spurt out your opinion and make attacks on peoples hard work when I've already explained the situation.

No offense Nifty but your image as a clean player on this thread just went to the drain with that whole statement and your previous ones. No one cares if you agreed upon having an exploit on your team or others team's setup, people cares if you guys allowed it and didn't condemn it the way you should have and people cares if you were not the better player standind up for what you believe lol.

How about you guys decided to be responsible enough to either not compete or agree upon not allowing any exploit on a team's setup huh? Would have been smarter, more honorable, and you wouldnt even have to be discussing what happened or bringing up this controversial subject on this whole thread.
    How about the exploit getting fixed ASAP and not being left in the damn game for months? And still in the game for another 6 months after the fix was out.
    Im a clean playing when it comes to playing on equal grounds as the competition, people often tend to do dirty things for #1 as much as they can.
    You can say what you want to and call us all cheaters and exploiters I mean we are and it had to be done because the issue was ignored. This wasnt 3rd party software all you had to do was put on twice born star, die and remove it. You kept your second mundus stone.

Anyway, stop bring the conversation up, we have all admitted it a year ago, no one really cares about it, and I dont know why you are showing offense to the subject when you werent apart of the 5 groups, and honestly if you werent apart of the 5 groups I dont really think it matters of your opinion as long as all of the people involved agreed it was necessary, then it was

What do you mean it doesn't matter.....
    You agreed to the T&C when you signed up for the game.
    You then decided that the T&C somehow didn't apply to you.
    Then deliberately hacked the game.
    ...and now you come along as though it's somehow ok just for your group of hackers?

I really don't think you understand the meaning of terms and conditions.
    Hack? I didn't hack. This was an exploit with TBS set a year ago.
    Huge diff between hack and in game exploit

You knowingly used an exploit though which is still breaking the Terms and Conditions. It shouldn't matter if it was fixed or not. Just because it is in the game doesn't make it okay to use it.

But it does make that that exploit must be immediately dealt with by the people who designed it in the first place.
    Not true, said exploit was being used for a total of 8 months by Im going to say 20% of the population. Threads were made it was a known exploit and largely used, zos acknowledged it but didn't do anything about it, guides were all over the place on how to do it.

Though I think this is a different situation and a lot more alarming, should I be banned, I dont know I said it a year ago as did many others, they didn't do anything. I don't think they banned because of how easy it was to do and how you could do it by mistake, I knew someone who had mundus stones stacking every time he picked one up.

Stop making excuses for people. It's never ok to use an exploit. And it makes you a bad player.
    Do you see me making excuses, where are you grabbing that from, honestly, can you read what I am writing?

Ive already said it is exploiting and its not okay to do so, but theyre not going to go ahead and ban a group of 20 people because they are trying to have a fair group competition between each other. That just doesnt make sense

If those 20 people have been caught hacking then yes they should be banned. They cant just stop and say "oh well they were just trying to make it fair for themselves" that will cause even more outrage.

Nobody deserves special treatment. We have already seen the outrage when a streamer got special treatment. I don't care if they are the president of the US. Everyone should be treated equally.
    No one is hacking it was an ingame exploit, and I personally think if those people are doing it to keep competition fair between them then yes, it should be allowed as it doesnt affect anyone outside.

If I went into cyrodill and got an unfair advantage against someone, then yes it affects other people, if I went and did maelstrom then yes it affects other people.

See the difference?

Depends on what this "competition" between them is. If it affects the leaderboards I believe it is a bannable offense. If not then that is up to ZoS.

Theres a difference between exploit and cheat engine l2smart plox

there is a difference between assault and attempted murder too. still both are crimes.

Hacking is against terms and conditions
    Exploiting is against terms and conditions

ban them!
  • Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will not believe they banned 40ish players till I see their names on a list.

History of "soon" "no ETA" "in a future" and the lack of trust towards zenimax got my trust on them on negative values.
    EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

History of "soon" "no ETA" "in a future" and the lack of trust towards zenimax got my trust on them on negative values.

To be fair, I don't think ZOS has such a bad record on dealing with rampant use of third party programs.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

"martyr
    noun

Those noble souls. Giving up money they had put into a game just to save the rest of us wretches.

Give me a break. These guys got caught blatantly cheating on a weekend they thought no one would be around to pay attention.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭

Naming and shaming like that is not allowed :p And neither you or I have any rights to see those names. Why would they lie about banning people? Seems pointless to me.
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure they'll be able to find most of the people who have been using CE either, I even addressed that in a response to Jessica's post, but at least they are trying, which is why people are happy about the response (and again, because they are getting more than a 3 day ban). You can be happy to hear somebody is working on doing something you want done without them successfully completing it yet.
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    633645003725135464.jpg
    Make it rain ZoS.. make it rain.
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »
    Heh 24 h ban and people jump with joy? And hmm... automated anti cheat system? So why now and not before?

The bans are permanent, not 24-hour bans. We just noted that we issued the bans within the last 24 hours. Also, our automated anti-cheat system was on, but we adjusted the parameters to more effectively catch the recent cheat behavior.

Three cheers for ZOS. I honestly didn't think they would have the courage to do this. I've never been so happy to be wrong, and I mean it.

Faith restored. Resubbed.
  • BenLocoDete
    BenLocoDete
    ✭✭✭

"martyr
    noun

"martyr
    noun

... so they can put it in the "under investigation" archive and ignore while they pretend to be dealing with it until the stuff hits the fan.

I love TES and that's what brought me here. Really trusted Zenimax Online despite all the initial criticism, as a new company that could get it right and make the difference in the market by offering a great game based on an immensely well-known franchise we all love. The first thing I got was no 1st person - finally revamped and added before release(have read a bunch of "go 3rd person you fool - this is an MMO" though) - followed by a huge amount of MMO cliches and permanent "love this/nerf this - game is dead" forums discussion.

The game really stands out for me when it comes to content, I feel overwhelmed every time I take a look at some areas and check how big they are. This is really great and is even more concerning as I see all this beauty sinking into the MMO argument. Sometimes I believe we're asking too much to be honest. This is an MMO after all - flaming community, hacks, nerfs, unbalance and overpriced store items are what really makes the genre. The public response to its implementation shapes the future of the game development and sometimes for the worse - depending on how executives understand market accomplishment.

At some point, someone decided that PvP and competition should be a big part of the game - it is expected from people to take advantage on hacks and exploits and ZOS should have readied themselves to fight for "equal grounds" in their game. Unfortunately ignoring bugs and exploits for months long is not the way to go in this area, so they should really take the arrow.

I'm sorry for the long rant but I really had to let the "I love you Zenimax - I believe(d) in you" to take place alongside the criticism.
    [slit]Throat[/slit]
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Naming and shaming like that is not allowed :p And neither you or I have any rights to see those names. Why would they lie about banning people? Seems pointless to me.

You are right. Why would they lie... I mean with the one post the forums went from screaming bloody murder to praising Zen. You are right why would they lie indeed.

Not that I think they did. I think they are telling the truth. But honestly, to pretend they have no reason, or would get nothing out of telling this lie is sort of silly.
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭

You are right. Why would they lie... I mean with the one post the forums went from screaming bloody murder to praising Zen. You are right why would they lie indeed.

Not that I think they did. I think they are telling the truth. But honestly, to pretend they have no reason, or would get nothing out of telling this lie is sort of silly.

Do you also believe that 9/11 was an inside job? And that the Illuminati are everwatching?
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

463.jpg
    - - -
    - - -
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    43 in the na server or both pc servers?
This discussion has been closed.