Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Permabans being lifted] ZOS how are we as a community dealing with exploits/hacking?

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    We've permanently banned 43 players in the last 24 hours who were found to be cheating.

Place your bets ladies and gentlemen: who believes we'll reach 200 before the DB update?

That's like the entire population of PvP lol.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've permanently banned 43 players in the last 24 hours who were found to be cheating.

Place your bets ladies and gentlemen: who believes we'll reach 200 before the DB update?

Well on the bright side, this'll take care of the lag issues then :D
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭

Well on the bright side, this'll take care of the lag issues then :D

lol true that would
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF TAMRIEL
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF NIRN
    (ALL FACTION TRADE GUILDS)

PC NA SERVER
    DC - DARKDROGO | ORC | STAM DK | LVL 50 | CP 930
    AD - DARK-GEARLT-OF-RIVIA | ALTMER | MAG SORC | LVL 50 | CP 930
    EP - DARK-ABYSS | DUNMER | MAG TEMP | LVL 50 | CP 930
    DC - REAPERS-CLOACK-OF-YASSASEEN | BRETON | MAG NB | LVL 50 | CP 930
    AD - DARK-SLADE-WILSON | KHAJIIT | STAM NB | LVL 50 | CP 930
    AD - THE-LAST-DRUID-OF-PARANOR | ALTMER | MAG DK | LVL 50 | CP 930
    AD - GALADRIEL-LADY OF LIGHT | IMPERIAL | STAM SORC | LVL 50 | CP 930

CONSOLE PS5 NA SERVER AS WELL
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Rakkul wrote: »
    Chori wrote: »
    Junkogen wrote: »
    Buffler wrote: »
    Repost vids, send in vids via tickets and dont name players then the thread wont get locked
    I think when players are hacking, then videos are fine, I don't see why we can't name and shame. We don't want to hide the toxic players in the community, why are we protecting them. Get rid of them once and for all.

As for the Maelstrom Arena before that gets out of hand, I've been seeing players all day getting high scores who are mainly unnamed/unknown in the realms of PvE.
    But honestly the players who held #1 are my friends and my guild mates, they have put countless hours of effort into keeping that spot, to have someone come in and ruin it is just disgusting behavior because they know nothing will happen to them. If I was #1 I would be completely pissed that I would be unable to grab a screenshot to show the achievement before Dark Brotherhood goes live because someone had hacked and gotten a seemingly impossible score. (which is actually a 29 Minute clear.)

As for PvP, I know it has less of a direct impact like PvE leaderboards do, but players should also get punished thinking how they can get away with such *** I don't understand how time after time you allow players to exploit, no more 3 day ban, stand handing out permanent bans, especially to those who have received one before and decided to come back and disrespect the company outright.

It's sad to say, but this now becomes another problem...you say that you and all your friends with high scores are legit, but who will believe they are now?
    And who will believe that Hodor (EU) are always first to complete trials due to being good or because speculation and hearsay may also point to it being a guild of cheaters?

Once the poison of cheating sets in and the finger pointing starts then where does it go from here? There will be a witch hunt.

I enjoy playing this game and basically have given up on large parts of it due to all the cheating...the spoilers are spoiling it for the rest of us.

Good luck with trying to keep your name and the that of your friends untarnished by this. If I were you, I would no longer put your "World Best" scores in your signature as no one will believe it anymore.
    I have videos online of my all my scores, so do hodor. theres no cheating like that, please dont say that kind of stuff when guilds/players go through a lot to prove their stuff is legitimate

Funny story about Major Update 6, because we had such a close compeititon with HODOR we had to both agree that we're allowed ot use the double mundus exploit so that we can keep a fair competition. Sucks when that happens, but when an exploit like double mundus goes viral you have to all agree to do it so no one is on the upper hand.

You went on and on about how legit your scores are and then outright admitted to cheating and how the lot of you colluded together. You guys are like all the cyclists using PEDs. You embrace the cheating because "everyone is doing it." Well, sorry, Lance Armstrong, it's still not okay.
    Link me somewhere I said they were legit, pretty sure in the massive thread we had we said it had to resort to that.
    Stop bringing this up lol, I gave an explanation about it. If there are 5+ teams all going for #1 and an exploit like so which mind you was so damn easy to do goes public then doesn't get fixed until AFTER the leaderboard reset, then yes all the teams to be on equal playing field agreed to do it so no one could be a whining loser and call out other teams with stupid accusations. I don't think it's right and I blame ZOS for not fixing it ASAP but leaving it in the game for months, what do you expect?

You can have your opinion and I think it's wrong, I'm not embracing it but in this instance it is necessary to do so. No one is flat out saying it's cheating and shameful in the conditions that were forced.

Put it this way, I'd rather everyone be cheating and on equal grounds with all the other teams (there were about 5 at the time, and I was in contact with them all), and they all agreed. We would rather all be using the same exploit rather than someone disrespecting our efforts put in and beating us while we weren't doing it.

Btw your analogy doesn't exactly apply during this whole thing, I agree it's cheating I'm not defending it, don't know what makes you think I am I've never said anything about that other than we all agreed we had to do it. And lastly, I really do blame ZOS for this but on the other hand it also avoided comments like "you only got that cause you exploited double mundus" when we hadn't. So either way, I don't think it devalues the score at all we were all on equal playing fields and I don't think you should spurt out your opinion and make attacks on peoples hard work when I've already explained the situation.

No offense Nifty but your image as a clean player on this thread just went to the drain with that whole statement and your previous ones. No one cares if you agreed upon having an exploit on your team or others team's setup, people cares if you guys allowed it and didn't condemn it the way you should have and people cares if you were not the better player standind up for what you believe lol.

How about you guys decided to be responsible enough to either not compete or agree upon not allowing any exploit on a team's setup huh? Would have been smarter, more honorable, and you wouldnt even have to be discussing what happened or bringing up this controversial subject on this whole thread.
    How about the exploit getting fixed ASAP and not being left in the damn game for months? And still in the game for another 6 months after the fix was out.
    Im a clean playing when it comes to playing on equal grounds as the competition, people often tend to do dirty things for #1 as much as they can.
    You can say what you want to and call us all cheaters and exploiters I mean we are and it had to be done because the issue was ignored. This wasnt 3rd party software all you had to do was put on twice born star, die and remove it. You kept your second mundus stone.

Anyway, stop bring the conversation up, we have all admitted it a year ago, no one really cares about it, and I dont know why you are showing offense to the subject when you werent apart of the 5 groups, and honestly if you werent apart of the 5 groups I dont really think it matters of your opinion as long as all of the people involved agreed it was necessary, then it was

What do you mean it doesn't matter.....
    You agreed to the T&C when you signed up for the game.
    You then decided that the T&C somehow didn't apply to you.
    Then deliberately hacked the game.
    ...and now you come along as though it's somehow ok just for your group of hackers?

I really don't think you understand the meaning of terms and conditions.
    Hack? I didn't hack. This was an exploit with TBS set a year ago.
    Huge diff between hack and in game exploit

You knowingly used an exploit though which is still breaking the Terms and Conditions. It shouldn't matter if it was fixed or not. Just because it is in the game doesn't make it okay to use it.
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    Repost vids, send in vids via tickets and dont name players then the thread wont get locked
    I think when players are hacking, then videos are fine, I don't see why we can't name and shame. We don't want to hide the toxic players in the community, why are we protecting them. Get rid of them once and for all.

As for the Maelstrom Arena before that gets out of hand, I've been seeing players all day getting high scores who are mainly unnamed/unknown in the realms of PvE.
    But honestly the players who held #1 are my friends and my guild mates, they have put countless hours of effort into keeping that spot, to have someone come in and ruin it is just disgusting behavior because they know nothing will happen to them. If I was #1 I would be completely pissed that I would be unable to grab a screenshot to show the achievement before Dark Brotherhood goes live because someone had hacked and gotten a seemingly impossible score. (which is actually a 29 Minute clear.)

As for PvP, I know it has less of a direct impact like PvE leaderboards do, but players should also get punished thinking how they can get away with such *** I don't understand how time after time you allow players to exploit, no more 3 day ban, stand handing out permanent bans, especially to those who have received one before and decided to come back and disrespect the company outright.

It's sad to say, but this now becomes another problem...you say that you and all your friends with high scores are legit, but who will believe they are now?
    And who will believe that Hodor (EU) are always first to complete trials due to being good or because speculation and hearsay may also point to it being a guild of cheaters?

Once the poison of cheating sets in and the finger pointing starts then where does it go from here? There will be a witch hunt.

I enjoy playing this game and basically have given up on large parts of it due to all the cheating...the spoilers are spoiling it for the rest of us.

Good luck with trying to keep your name and the that of your friends untarnished by this. If I were you, I would no longer put your "World Best" scores in your signature as no one will believe it anymore.
    I have videos online of my all my scores, so do hodor. theres no cheating like that, please dont say that kind of stuff when guilds/players go through a lot to prove their stuff is legitimate

Funny story about Major Update 6, because we had such a close compeititon with HODOR we had to both agree that we're allowed ot use the double mundus exploit so that we can keep a fair competition. Sucks when that happens, but when an exploit like double mundus goes viral you have to all agree to do it so no one is on the upper hand.

You went on and on about how legit your scores are and then outright admitted to cheating and how the lot of you colluded together. You guys are like all the cyclists using PEDs. You embrace the cheating because "everyone is doing it." Well, sorry, Lance Armstrong, it's still not okay.
    Link me somewhere I said they were legit, pretty sure in the massive thread we had we said it had to resort to that.
    Stop bringing this up lol, I gave an explanation about it. If there are 5+ teams all going for #1 and an exploit like so which mind you was so damn easy to do goes public then doesn't get fixed until AFTER the leaderboard reset, then yes all the teams to be on equal playing field agreed to do it so no one could be a whining loser and call out other teams with stupid accusations. I don't think it's right and I blame ZOS for not fixing it ASAP but leaving it in the game for months, what do you expect?

You can have your opinion and I think it's wrong, I'm not embracing it but in this instance it is necessary to do so. No one is flat out saying it's cheating and shameful in the conditions that were forced.

Put it this way, I'd rather everyone be cheating and on equal grounds with all the other teams (there were about 5 at the time, and I was in contact with them all), and they all agreed. We would rather all be using the same exploit rather than someone disrespecting our efforts put in and beating us while we weren't doing it.

Btw your analogy doesn't exactly apply during this whole thing, I agree it's cheating I'm not defending it, don't know what makes you think I am I've never said anything about that other than we all agreed we had to do it. And lastly, I really do blame ZOS for this but on the other hand it also avoided comments like "you only got that cause you exploited double mundus" when we hadn't. So either way, I don't think it devalues the score at all we were all on equal playing fields and I don't think you should spurt out your opinion and make attacks on peoples hard work when I've already explained the situation.

No offense Nifty but your image as a clean player on this thread just went to the drain with that whole statement and your previous ones. No one cares if you agreed upon having an exploit on your team or others team's setup, people cares if you guys allowed it and didn't condemn it the way you should have and people cares if you were not the better player standind up for what you believe lol.

How about you guys decided to be responsible enough to either not compete or agree upon not allowing any exploit on a team's setup huh? Would have been smarter, more honorable, and you wouldnt even have to be discussing what happened or bringing up this controversial subject on this whole thread.
    How about the exploit getting fixed ASAP and not being left in the damn game for months? And still in the game for another 6 months after the fix was out.
    Im a clean playing when it comes to playing on equal grounds as the competition, people often tend to do dirty things for #1 as much as they can.
    You can say what you want to and call us all cheaters and exploiters I mean we are and it had to be done because the issue was ignored. This wasnt 3rd party software all you had to do was put on twice born star, die and remove it. You kept your second mundus stone.

Anyway, stop bring the conversation up, we have all admitted it a year ago, no one really cares about it, and I dont know why you are showing offense to the subject when you werent apart of the 5 groups, and honestly if you werent apart of the 5 groups I dont really think it matters of your opinion as long as all of the people involved agreed it was necessary, then it was

...and now you come along as though it's somehow ok just for your group of hackers?

You knowingly used an exploit though which is still breaking the Terms and Conditions. It shouldn't matter if it was fixed or not. Just because it is in the game doesn't make it okay to use it.

I agree, using an exploit is still using an exploit. It gives you an unfair advantage to other players. And it is a really crappy thing to do.
    And should be a bannable offense as well.
    Edited by Taruha on 30 May 2016 22:40
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
    -=Nelaren Mosswind DC EU Stamina Nightblade=-
    -=Laura Desario DC EU Dragonknight=-
    -=Marni Bleakwood AD EU Stamina Templar=-
    -=Jealine Murow DC EU Magica Nightblade=-
    http://www.op-cast.com (Give us a listen if you're into RP and ESO lore!)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is where ZOS has failed though. By not enforcing such things from the start they have created a culture for this game where you abuse exploits until they're fixed because it's the only way to stay competitive.

I remember when Caltrops protected against all siege damage, my guild at the time had a meeting and we agreed not to use it because it was exploiting. A week later and after losing keeps constantly because our enemies were immune to all siege we had to adapt and start using it to stay competitive.

When shards stopped Kena's lightning I said I wouldn't do it because it was exploiting, but every group I joined would go and do it any way. I had a choice to just leave a group at the final boss every time, or accept it was just something everyone did.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • BenLocoDete
    BenLocoDete
    ✭✭✭

But it does make that that exploit must be immediately dealt with by the people who designed it in the first place.
    [slit]Throat[/slit]
  • Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭

But it does make that that exploit must be immediately dealt with by the people who designed it in the first place.

then that also falls on whether they even know how to deal with it in the first place & on top of that have the individuals or staff that can deal with it effectively & Swiftly.

PC NA SERVER

• Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    If you are a player that feels the need to use exploits to get a head, you are scum.
    You are the problem, not the people running the game.
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

This is where ZOS has failed though. By not enforcing such things from the start they have created a culture for this game where you abuse exploits until they're fixed because it's the only way to stay competitive.

I remember when Caltrops protected against all siege damage, my guild at the time had a meeting and we agreed not to use it because it was exploiting. A week later and after losing keeps constantly because our enemies were immune to all siege we had to adapt and start using it to stay competitive.

When shards stopped Kena's lightning I said I wouldn't do it because it was exploiting, but every group I joined would go and do it any way. I had a choice to just leave a group at the final boss every time, or accept it was just something everyone did.

Yes I agree ZoS should do a better job at removing exploits but using the excuse of "well ZoS isn't getting rid of it so I am gonna use it", "Its in the game so I better take advantage of it", or "Everyone else is doing it" is total BS and quite frankly it is a very childish excuse. And if they get banned then they have nobody to blame but themselves yet they still act like the victim in some cases.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Taruha wrote: »
    If you are a player that feels the need to use exploits to get a head, you are scum.
    You are the problem, not the people running the game.

Agreed. I have no respect for anyone who knowingly gains an unfair advantage over others by using exploits.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not true, said exploit was being used for a total of 8 months by Im going to say 20% of the population. Threads were made it was a known exploit and largely used, zos acknowledged it but didn't do anything about it, guides were all over the place on how to do it.

Though I think this is a different situation and a lot more alarming, should I be banned, I dont know I said it a year ago as did many others, they didn't do anything. I don't think they banned because of how easy it was to do and how you could do it by mistake, I knew someone who had mundus stones stacking every time he picked one up.
    #MOREORBS
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Yes I agree ZoS should do a better job at removing exploits but using the excuse of "well ZoS isn't getting rid of it so I am gonna use it", "Its in the game so I better take advantage of it", or "Everyone else is doing it" is total BS and quite frankly it is a very childish excuse. And if they get banned then they have nobody to blame but themselves yet they still act like the victim in some cases.

This.. so much this.
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • Smileybones
    Smileybones
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay forever bans, good riddance despictable beings !
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭

Not true, said exploit was being used for a total of 8 months by Im going to say 20% of the population. Threads were made it was a known exploit and largely used, zos acknowledged it but didn't do anything about it, guides were all over the place on how to do it.

Though I think this is a different situation and a lot more alarming, should I be banned, I dont know I said it a year ago as did many others, they didn't do anything. I don't think they banned because of how easy it was to do and how you could do it by mistake, I knew someone who had mundus stones stacking every time he picked one up.

Stop making excuses for people. It's never ok to use an exploit. And it makes you a bad player.
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭
    Yay forever bans, good riddance despictable beings !

lol

PC NA SERVER

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop making excuses for people. It's never ok to use an exploit. And it makes you a bad player.
    Do you see me making excuses, where are you grabbing that from, honestly, can you read what I am writing?

Ive already said it is exploiting and its not okay to do so, but theyre not going to go ahead and ban a group of 20 people because they are trying to have a fair group competition between each other. That just doesnt make sense
    Edited by Nifty2g on 30 May 2016 22:54
    #MOREORBS
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Do you see me making excuses, where are you grabbing that from, honestly, can you read what I am writing?

Ive already said it is exploiting and its not okay to do so, but theyre not going to go ahead and ban a group of 20 people because they are trying to have a fair group competition between each other. That just doesnt make sense

If those 20 people have been caught hacking then yes they should be banned. They cant just stop and say "oh well they were just trying to make it fair for themselves" that will cause even more outrage.

Nobody deserves special treatment. We have already seen the outrage when a streamer got special treatment. I don't care if they are the president of the US. Everyone should be treated equally.
    Edited by FLuFFyxMuFFiN on 30 May 2016 22:59
  • Electroheadz
    Electroheadz
    ✭✭✭
    It's unfortunate what has been going on in past few days. I can just imagine how thick the atmosphere must be in ZoS HQ, day before launching a new DLC.

BUT !

just because we can read "we banned x people in last 24h" it really means nothing as of right now, so please don't be another "bursting with tears of joy", "i'm sending away all of my money to ZoS, while making an "ESO" tattoo on my forehead" fanboy virgin and save your breath until they'll actually post some more specific information. Have some cool people.
    Also ban-hammering the cheaters should be considered a norm, not a nobel prize worthy achievement.

We all (or at least those who actually took a minute to investigate the matter) know very well what were the flaws in the "system" that allowed these hacks to occur in the first place so until (hopefully tomorrow) we see a full detailed explanation on what measures has been taken to prevent these kind of situations in the future i'll advise to keep Your mouths shut and eyes and ears open.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for Zeni but one thing people should have learned by now is to believe in real actions, not empty words.
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    It's unfortunate what has been going on in past few days. I can just imagine how thick the atmosphere must be in ZoS HQ, day before launching a new DLC.

BUT !

just because we can read "we banned x people in last 24h" it really means nothing as of right now, so please don't be another "bursting with tears of joy", "i'm sending away all of my money to ZoS, while making an "ESO" tattoo on my forehead" fanboy virgin and save your breath until they'll actually post some more specific information. Have some cool people.
    Also ban-hammering the cheaters should be considered a norm, not a nobel prize worthy achievement.

We all (or at least those who actually took a minute to investigate the matter) know very well what were the flaws in the "system" that allowed these hacks to occur in the first place so until (hopefully tomorrow) we see a full detailed explanation on what measures has been taken to prevent these kind of situations in the future i'll advise to keep Your mouths shut and eyes and ears open.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for Zeni but one thing people should have learned by now is to believe in real actions, not empty words.

I'll throw all my money at ZoS if I want to, thank you very much ;3 And the people who did this is in the wrong, not Zenimax. It's like blaming someone for being robbed because they only had a regular lock on their door.. and not a fancy lazer beem shooting security system that has an buttface hacker detector attached to it.
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick update for everyone regarding the recent influx of those using third party tools to cheat in ESO. We've adjusted our automatic anti-cheat systems to focus specifically on the cheats we've seen in the last few days, in addition to launching investigations on specific players. We've permanently banned 43 players in the last 24 hours who were found to be cheating. We don't take cheating lightly, and will continue to ban those who are found to be cheating. We'll be going back through game logs to identify players who were violating our anti-cheating policies in the hours before we performed the automatic cheat detection adjustment.

In addition, we're working on a number of fixes and improvements to prevent this kind of behavior from happening in ESO in the future. We'll provide more specific details about this tomorrow.

We want to thank everyone who has helped us identify those who would ruin your game experience by cheating, and the means by which they were doing so.

I'm sharing ZoS response to the cheaters with everyone in my guild. I highly recomend other guild leaders do the same. We should use these players as an example of what happens when you actually cheat in the game. Potentially curious players need to know that this is a ban worthy offence and that it is highly frowned upon in the PvP community.

I hope this hack detection software proves effective so we don't accuse legitimately great players around us of cheating. It would be nice to know that if you die in this game you were just out played and the legendary players are truly legendary. I think we are one step closer to that.

Falsely accusing others of cheating is a mistake my guild has fallen into and there is no excuse for that. My guild has been working on removing accusations of someone cheating completely from our dialogue. I was worried this would blow the cap off of the proggress we made as well as highly damage the rest of the PvP community. I'm glad that will no longer be the case :)
    Pact Militia GM
    Nikolai the Nord - Stamplar

• Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smolt wrote: »
    Don't need cheaters. Ain't nobody got time for that!

What about pro-zergers ?( banana squad)
    Edited by Van_0S on 30 May 2016 23:05
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If those 20 people have been caught hacking then yes they should be banned. They cant just stop and say "oh well they were just trying to make it fair for themselves" that will cause even more outrage.

Nobody deserves special treatment. We have already seen the outrage when a streamer got special treatment. I don't care if they are the president of the US. Everyone should be treated equally.
    No one is hacking it was an ingame exploit, and I personally think if those people are doing it to keep competition fair between them then yes, it should be allowed as it doesnt affect anyone outside, is it an exploit yes it is, is it wrong to do yes it is. not much you can do about it if its not getting fixed for months on end and you want to compete against other groups with an easy accessible exploit out there

If I went into cyrodill and got an unfair advantage against someone, then yes it affects other people, if I went and did maelstrom then yes it affects other people.

See the difference?
    Edited by Nifty2g on 30 May 2016 23:07
    #MOREORBS
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO tattoo? Brilliant!!! Thank you, now I know what this next patch of canvas on my body will get!

As far as them getting banned..good riddance.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite part:
    We'll be going back through game logs to identify players who were violating our anti-cheating policies in the hours before we performed the automatic cheat detection adjustment.

All those who freaked out and disabled them once word broke are still getting the ban hammer once they get through the logs :mrgreen:

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭

No one is hacking it was an ingame exploit, and I personally think if those people are doing it to keep competition fair between them then yes, it should be allowed as it doesnt affect anyone outside, is it an exploit yes it is, is it wrong to do yes it is. not much you can do about it if its not getting fixed for months on end and you want to compete against other groups with an easy accessible exploit out there

If I went into cyrodill and got an unfair advantage against someone, then yes it affects other people, if I went and did maelstrom then yes it affects other people.

See the difference?

Nope, no excuse.. hacking.. exploiting it's all horse poopy, and it's the same poopy with a different name.
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No one is hacking it was an ingame exploit, and I personally think if those people are doing it to keep competition fair between them then yes, it should be allowed as it doesnt affect anyone outside.

See the difference?

Depends on what this "competition" between them is. If it affects the leaderboards I believe it is a bannable offense. If not then that is up to ZoS.
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See the difference?

You don't get to decide that, it's the Devs decision. Last time I checked the ToS states that using any exploit/hack is a bannable offense. If said players really wanted to have 'fair competition' they wouldn't rely on crutches in the first place.
    Edited by Ajaxduo on 30 May 2016 23:14
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • SirKool
    SirKool
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    For those of you wondering about the lack of reaction from ZOS...at least some of that is because today is a holiday in the US. Though if they have any sense, they'll buff their support staff for future three day weekends.

Those who believe ZOS have not reacted need to check the Dev Tracker - they responded on this yesterday.

Thanks, @Tandor - everyone please remember to check the Dev Tracker. These forums are busy and threads move fast. We responded to several threads about this yesterday (and even more PMs), confirming that we are investigating this and those involved. Everyone who can work on this has been. We've had all hands on deck to get this handled, despite it being a holiday weekend. We'll have a more detailed update tomorrow.

Awesome, now maybe everyone can enjoy the rest of weekend. Have to give it to the devs on working thru this on a holiday! In my opinion they should be out honoring our brave!

But thank you @ZOS_JessicaFolsom now go enjoy rest of holiday!
    "I know now what I was born to do."
    ―Martin Septim[src]
  • Bandit1215
    Bandit1215
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much !!!!!

*slow clap* thank you
    CP 561
    • vSO HM - Completed
    • vAA - Completed
    • vHRC - Completed

This discussion has been closed.