Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

TG crashing

• tfraley
    tfraley
    Tried again made it half way though quest again and crash.

No opening nothing just sneaking around.

FYI: I did disable auto-loot
  • flying_ace2
    flying_ace2
    ✭✭
    I've never run auto-loot. Was still crashing every 4-5 minutes last night/this morning. That was after wiping/reinstalling the game and running without any addons turned on...... :/

I wish it was something simple like that..... *goes off to beat head against wall*
    Edited by flying_ace2 on 8 March 2016 18:42
    AD
    Just Chill
    Victorem (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Moonlight Crew (RIP)
    PC - NA
    El-phaba - Sorc
    Rammoth - NB
    Daenora - Temp
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    spoqster wrote: »
    Try disabling auto-loot. It helped in many cases.
    I never had it enabled in the first place. Crashing not as often as some but still is is a few times per hour while doing random things (like standing and doing nothing).

• Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    Promising signs - after installing the hot fix, I managed 30 minutes without a single crash. Will try the new zone (and autoloot) tomorrow morning.
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mardi Gras wrote: »
    Promising signs - after installing the hot fix, I managed 30 minutes without a single crash. Will try the new zone (and autoloot) tomorrow morning.
    Already crashed a few times in Cyrodiil

• Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cannot loot ANYTHING at all without the game instantly crashing! Everything was perfect yesterday until I logged off around 4-5pm CST. I logged on this afternoon, and flat out cannot play if I cannot loot anything from a dead body to a crafting node without the game crashing to desk.

I would have used the in-game bug report tool but that has been broken since forever. I'd have called, but now you're hiding from your paying customers.
  • Kalhalad
    Kalhalad
    ✭✭
    Cannot loot a single thing without immediately crashing.
  • Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still crashing every 2-10 minutes it seems. Unrelated to looting, as I am not looting anything in Cyrodiil.
    I've repaired and reinstalled my client, but it has not fixed the issue.

All addons are disabled.

After one repair attempt, I was able to play for about an hour - 1.5 hours without crashing.
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm afraid to even fire it up and try it tonight. All these crashes can't be doing good things to my system. Are they going to announce when a fix is made, or what? The game was working perfectly until the Thieves Guild update broke it.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • The_Legendary_Arya
    Im still crashing if i press Play on 32 Bit and crashing when i open 64 Bit. Did all tipps i got. And now?
    Its getting 3 days now i cant play....
  • Randay
    Randay
    ✭✭✭
    Ok guys. For everyone who is experiencing crashes when looting items. Trey disabling autoloot, this fixed it for me.
    Go to settings > gameplay and just switch it off.
    Try if resolved. If no more crashes, you can turn it back on. It will work just fine!

Unfortunately every time I completely restart my client, I have to repeat that step.

Only a temporary solution, though, . While we wait for a fix.

Cheers
    if less really is more, then maybe nothing is everything
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disabling auto loot only stops the looting related crashing. It doesn't do anything for the random crashes that happen every 5 - 10 minutes.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭

False hope. Autoloot (even if for just the first time) causes instant crash. Turn that off and I'm OK to loot for however long I have until the next crash (usually less than 10 minutes).
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    Game is completely unplayable, and now has been since Monday. ZOS, any chance of at least an update that this is being addressed?
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey all, I've updated my 2.3.5 64-bit client FAQ with a possible fix for the frequent client crashes and pink textures (section 4); it was suggested by Chris, so please give it a try and report how it works out for you.

Edited by KhajitFurTrader on 9 March 2016 09:59
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    Game is completely unplayable, and now has been since Monday. ZOS, any chance of at least an update that this is being addressed?

I've posted of the many errors and 4-10 minute crash issues I had and continued to have after the hot fix (nothing to do with auto-loot, I have never had that on).

I received a PM from Chris (The Mac programmer) last night to carry out some command line entries and have then run the client and had 2x30 minute + sessions without a single crash (or performance issues). To be clear, I exited after the sessions not because it was simply longer before a crash B)

In short I'd say yes, Chris is definitely working on it and it appears that he has identified some (I can't say all, because I don't know) issues that have caused crashes and in my experience it fixed the problem I had. In context, there may be multiple reasons for the issues so it could take a number of different causes and solutions to resolve these for the Mac community.

EDIT: Further update - I've ran without a crash for around an hour with all add-ons running (about 9)
    Edited by LaucianNailor on 9 March 2016 11:10
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I received a PM from Chris (The Mac programmer) last night to carry out some command line entries and have then run the client and had 2x30 minute + sessions without a single crash (or performance issues). To be clear, I exited after the sessions not because it was simply longer before a crash B)
    I've listed and explained the necessary shell commands in my FAQ; link is in my post above yours. Thanks for the feedback! ;)
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, I received that PM also - I didn't realise Chris was "official". I'll give those command lines a try shortly and see how I get on.

Thanks for that.
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I followed the instructions from Chris and I've so far had the game running for about 40 mins without a single crash (not including autoloot). This is encouraging!
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • Randay
    Randay
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see any message from Chris
    if less really is more, then maybe nothing is everything
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    Game has been running in the background for a further hour, again no crashes.
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • Rosiv
    Rosiv
    Could you then please patch it?
    Soon? ;)

Would like to start the game with the launcher and not in terminal.
    Will try tonight, but as it looks so good for now, a Mac patch (hotfix) would be great for those NOT comfortable with console or reading this forum here.
  • Archire
    Archire
    Disabling auto loot was enough for me. And a friend recommended an addon called "Junkit" that has a autoloot functionality. This way the game stopped crashing!
    "We commend to Aetherius and thee, Auri-El Blessed Eagle, the soul of the beloved before us. May she find eternal light and warmth in Your blessing, and may she be welcomed into the home from which she has been so long denied."
    —Altmer saying

Arcariel - Altmer Sorcerer - Tank
    Dominii - Altmer Templar - Healer
    Braylinn - Altmer Nightblade - DPS
    Calandriel - Altmer Sorcerer - DPS
    Aldmeri Dominion - North America

Grievance - Family, Honor & Loyalty
  • tfraley
    tfraley
    Hey all, I've updated my 2.3.5 64-bit client FAQ with a possible fix for the frequent client crashes and pink textures (section 4); it was suggested by Chris, so please give it a try and report how it works out for you.

Chris reached out to me yesterday as well, we were going back and forth about the same commands you posted.
    I tried it, it defiantly ran longer. in PVE I was able to run a good hour or more, but in PVP I was timing it was getting around 26min with a 15man group running around.

I also did NOT see any pink textures at all and load time in PVP shrines were amazing, almost instant.

I did see some graphic glitches from a distance I saw rainbow textures over the land moving close it goes away and only in some area's..

All in all a step in the right direction, narrowing down the problem..

Thank you Chris.. keep up the good work, Let us know if we can do or test anything else
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    I've now ran for 4 hours without a crash including visiting and questing in Wrothgar, which I'd been unable to do on the 32bit client due to lost textures followed quickly by a client crash until now, so very happy.

Only issue I'm seeing, which is cosmetic to be honest, is that there are strange flashes on mid distance objects (buildings, walls etc) as I approach. I could be wrong but I sense it's when I hit the range for an object to switch to a high res texture, the 'distance' texture is being swapped out for the 'detailed' one and I can momentarily see the object mesh as they swap over....thats about the best I can describe it.
    Edited by LaucianNailor on 9 March 2016 15:40
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I saw some similar weird things in Imperial City - walls disappearing then appearing again. But that I can live with.
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only issue I'm seeing, which is cosmetic to be honest, is that there are strange flashes on mid distance objects (buildings, walls etc) as I approach. I could be wrong but I sense it's when I hit the range for an object to switch to a high res texture, the 'distance' texture is being swapped out for the 'detailed' one and I can momentarily see the object mesh as they swap over....thats about the best I can describe it.
    Would be interesting to know how much video RAM your Mac has, @LaucianNailor. @Mardi Gras's as well. You can see it listed in the Graphics entry of Apple Menu > About this Mac.
    Edited by KhajitFurTrader on 9 March 2016 17:35
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    I'm running this:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
    2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be interesting to know how much video RAM your Mac has, @LaucianNailor. @Mardi Gras's as well. You can see it listed in the Graphics entry of Apple Menu > About this Mac.
    I also see something similar. 16GB late 2013 Retina MBP, 2GB of VRAM (GT 750M). Set to high textures and subsampling (vsync off). Haven't done any experiments to try and narrow it down (it is noticeable, but not quite annoying).