Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Champion System Catch-up Mechanic

• Bubbha
    Bubbha
    ✭✭
    Man, all of you guys sure can talk XD I see everyone here finding a reason to be pissed at something, the formula, the "what about the hard work i did", ...

For me this is the only thing that matters: ESO is a young game, and still gets new players everyday. ESO is a game, yes, but it is a business first so increasing the playerbase is the main objective. New players won't stay if they can't feel relevant at anything they do.

And for everyone with more than the cap that is complaining about the cap and the amount of XP required to gain a CP... do you want to en up dueling your shadow in cyrodil? Do you litteraly put your CP needs in front of all the other players fun, ingame confidence and enjoyment?

People please, less math more altruism.
    High hopes ZOZ, don't let us down ^^
    Options
  • shalimlives
    shalimlives
    Soul Shriven
    Dear ZOS, by implementing these changes you are hurting the near entirety of your true console players. I have been playing since launch and without grinding I expect to be around 250cp by the time the patch comes out. Everyone I play with is around 150cp-450cp so this new change will not be a catchup but a nerf to our gains as we will be forced to earn far more experience in order to progress past 328cp. Let's reflect for a moment here that's 173cp at a slower rate so chances are most of us will not reach the cap as we will experience very little time if any of increased champion point gain in the faulty and downright trash system. Please start listening to your loyal players thanks. Also real trials would be nice!
    Options
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg screw this catch up mechanic how about leave all cp under 501cp 400k exp and so on what you are doing is making every one the same eventually. Certain classes will out shine others and game will die remove this crap particulary on console
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,
    Thanks for all the feedback so far. We love reading your enthusiasm on this new system. Our goal is to make it as polished and awesome as possible before releasing to the live servers. The three main changes we’re looking to make are:
    • Reducing the speed at which XP per point accelerates. Our data shows there is a good number of people in the 300 champion point range and we didn’t want them to feel like they had to grind all the way to 501 before the system releases. This now means players are gaining champion points faster than the old value up until their 445th point.
    • Slightly increasing base XP. This helps normalize the curve a bit so players are spending a little more time in the beginning of the curve and less time at the end of the curve.
    • Reducing the XP penalty for players past cap. We want dedicated players to still be able to make meaningful progress.

The formula would be adjusted in the following way to meet these goals:
    • ((TotalPoints / (Cap ^ 0.995)) + 0.085) * 400000, where Total Points is how many CP points you’ve earned.
    • If you exceed the cap, the XP required is calculated given the above formula and then multiplied by 1.5.
    • For the first Champion Point (going from 0 Champion Points to 1 Champion Point) 34000 XP is required.

@ZOS_RyanRuzich

Are you aware that the formula has changed again since this? IT is now a 2.0 Muliplier after the Cap, not a 1.5 multiplier.

Was this intended?
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    Thanks for all the feedback so far. We love reading your enthusiasm on this new system. Our goal is to make it as polished and awesome as possible before releasing to the live servers. The three main changes we’re looking to make are:
    • Reducing the speed at which XP per point accelerates. Our data shows there is a good number of people in the 300 champion point range and we didn’t want them to feel like they had to grind all the way to 501 before the system releases. This now means players are gaining champion points faster than the old value up until their 445th point.
    • Slightly increasing base XP. This helps normalize the curve a bit so players are spending a little more time in the beginning of the curve and less time at the end of the curve.
    • Reducing the XP penalty for players past cap. We want dedicated players to still be able to make meaningful progress.

The formula would be adjusted in the following way to meet these goals:
    • ((TotalPoints / (Cap ^ 0.995)) + 0.085) * 400000, where Total Points is how many CP points you’ve earned.
    • If you exceed the cap, the XP required is calculated given the above formula and then multiplied by 1.5.
    • For the first Champion Point (going from 0 Champion Points to 1 Champion Point) 34000 XP is required.

@ZOS_RyanRuzich

Are you aware that the formula has changed again since this? IT is now a 2.0 Muliplier after the Cap, not a 1.5 multiplier.

Was this intended?

I am bumping this @Ezareth because in the process of answering a Reddit question I too have only just noticed this.

My spreadsheet was perfect when this change was implemented and somewhere along the line the multiplier was changed to 2.0x instead of 1.5x but for the life of me I cannot find this change anywhere.

Any input @ZOS_RyanRuzich?
    Options
  • ZOS_RyanRuzich
    ZOS_RyanRuzich
    ✭✭✭
    It being a 2x multiplier on PC is a bug at the moment. It is being corrected to a 1.5x multiplier. Due to various reasons with development timing, PC will be corrected for Package 9, and consoles were just corrected.
    Ryan Ruzich
    Gameplay Programmer - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It being a 2x multiplier on PC is a bug at the moment. It is being corrected to a 1.5x multiplier. Due to various reasons with development timing, PC will be corrected for Package 9, and consoles were just corrected.

What happens to the XP we've earned then? Since XP cap I've earned enough XP that I should be at CP 522 when I'm actually only at 517. Will this XP just be lost to the ether? This is millions and millions of XP.

Also, when were we going to be informed? It's been this way since patch 2.2.4 (at least) because the PTS has this bug and it was pointed out back in November with no reply.
    Edited by Paulington on 27 January 2016 21:14
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »

What happens to the XP we've earned then? Since XP cap I've earned enough XP that I should be at CP 522 when I'm actually only at 517. Will this XP just be lost to the ether? This is millions and millions of XP.

Also, when were we going to be informed? It's been this way since patch 2.2.4 (at least) because the PTS has this bug and it was pointed out back in November with no reply.

Ummm. they are lowering your CP XP because they made the multiplier too big, so you should not be at 522. You are at 517 and SHOULD be at 512.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RyanRuzich That doesn't match the patch notes for console (which we were debating here). They said the amount of XP over cap was being reduced by 33%. If the value was 2, a reduction of 33% would put it at 1.33, not 1.5. (In the thread I linked, we though you were removing the over-cap multiplier completely, since 33% off 1.5 is 1.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

Ummm. they are lowering your CP XP because they made the multiplier too big, so you should not be at 522. You are at 517 and SHOULD be at 512.

You have it backwards @Darlgon.

If we ignore partial XP (like I am actually 517.8 or so, so round down to 517) then I have earned a total of 135,119,877 XP to bring me to CP rank 517 with the current 2x multiplier formula.

If you change the formula to 1.5x, obviously the XP required per CP reduces drastically, under that system I have still earned 135,119,877 XP and under the "right" multiplier that comes out to 522 CP.

If you take a look at my spreadsheet you can see this pretty clearly.

CP above the cap currently cost MORE than they should, so I have earned XP that I shouldn't have to have earned to get <x> CP. Dropping that XP to what it should be means I have earned millions of XP more to get to rank <x> than I should have needed to and so that XP just disappears.
    Edited by Paulington on 28 January 2016 02:52
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess we will need some clarification then.. @Paulington.

The way I read what Ryan wrote was....

Quest grants 100 XP, 100 CXP.

Player playing catchup gets 2x CXP (which is a bug) = 200 CXP
    Player is supposed to get 1.5 CXP = 150 CXP.

Players at 501 CP cap, get 100 CXP credit tword next CP.

Your spreadsheet appears to be looking at caps to the next CP level over 501. Those are two entirely different animals.

Personally, I bet we see another statement like what we heard at the XP over Vet Cap between when they started talking about and when they instituted the CP system. "What we said, and what the players heard and interpreted were two different things. Any XP over the cap was not tracked."

Dare I ask @ZOS_RyanRuzich to risk stepping in here again?

Edited by Darlgon on 28 January 2016 06:47
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

I read 2 posts from you, and you already put out more information than any of those guys in ESO live sessions together.
    Thank you!
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Your spreadsheet appears to be looking at caps to the next CP level over 501. Those are two entirely different animals.

Personally, I bet we see another statement like what we heard at the XP over Vet Cap between when they started talking about and when they instituted the CP system. "What we said, and what the players heard and interpreted were two different things. Any XP over the cap was not tracked."

You have the way the multiplier works backwards. You don't receive 2x XP, you have to earn 2x XP. Obviously 2 is bigger than 1.5 so we are currently earning more XP than we have to for each CP over the cap we earn. Let me break it down into the individual CP.

Current System (2x) 495-505 :

495: 441,687
    496: 442,510
    497: 443,334
    498: 444,158
    499: 444,981
    500: 445,805
    501: 446,628
    502: 894,904
    503: 896,551
    504: 898,199
    505: 899,846

TOTAL XP: 6,698,603.

Non-Bugged System (1.5x) 495-505:

502: 671,178
    503: 672,414
    504: 673,649
    505: 674,884

TOTAL XP: 5,357,070.

Can you see how you need to earn MORE XP for the same Champion Rank under the system we currently have? When this multiplier is fixed we will just stay at the same Champion Rank and all that extra XP we've earned will effectively disappear. Right now we're earning 33% more XP than we should have to for each CP over the cap.
    Options
  • Pr0jektile
    Pr0jektile
    ✭✭✭

You have the way the multiplier works backwards. You don't receive 2x XP, you have to earn 2x XP. Obviously 2 is bigger than 1.5 so we are currently earning more XP than we have to for each CP over the cap we earn. Let me break it down into the individual CP.

Current System (2x) 495-505 :

502: 894,904
    503: 896,551
    504: 898,199
    505: 899,846

TOTAL XP: 6,698,603.

Non-Bugged System (1.5x) 495-505:

502: 671,178
    503: 672,414
    504: 673,649
    505: 674,884

TOTAL XP: 5,357,070.

Can you see how you need to earn MORE XP for the same Champion Rank under the system we currently have? When this multiplier is fixed we will just stay at the same Champion Rank and all that extra XP we've earned will effectively disappear. Right now we're earning 33% more XP than we should have to for each CP over the cap.

I believe one of our sheets is misaligned. There are a couple of points I think you might be missing, here:

The first champion point is granted at 34,000XP.
    Champion point 2 is granted at the formula, but based on what @ZOS_RyanRuzich said, it should be:

[((1/CAP^.995)+.085)*400,000]*1.5 if over CAP.

The formula is based on the number of champion points you have, not the one you are seeking. in other words, the formula for Champion point 501 should be based on the number of points before it. If that is true, for the purposes of your spreadsheet, earning each subsequent champion point should be:

Where:
    CPX=Desired CP
    CAP= CP Cap
    MULT = Multiplyer

=IF(CPX>CAP,((((CPX-1)/CAP^.995))+.085)*400,000)*MULTIPLIER),(((CPX-1)/CAP^.995))+.085)*400,000)

Otherwise, all of your champion points will be offset by one CP. you should be getting them just a bit sooner than what you're expecting there.

This is what I came up with:

CP 1: 34,000
    CP 10: 41,412
    CP 100: 115,537
    CP 499: 444,158
    CP 500: 444,981
    CP 501: 445,805
    CP 502: 669,943
    CP 1,000: 1,285,179
    CP 3,600: 4,497,257

As they increase the caps, it will become easier to obtain CP between OLD CAP and NEW CAP. It's almost better to not worry about grinding as much once you hit cap.

Enlightenment also helps if you take small breaks from playing.

Not Trolling, hoping to help!

*EDIT: It also helps to have a different Cell associated with each data point in the formula so that you can keep up with updates without having to revise entire spreadsheet. Even the formula drag takes some time at 3,600+ lines.

Here is a link to my spread if you'd like to have it:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VlCqVSLCJD49JnMpMbJJX1ZCVmjUccZGo-B09JbpeAg/edit?usp=sharing

If there are errors in the math or updates I haven't accounted for, please let me know!
    Edited by Pr0jektile on 17 March 2016 23:28
    It is not your ability, so much as your willingness to do what is right that will set you apart from the rest.
    Options
  • LastAmbushOnEarth
    anyone can post formula for current PTS?
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LastAmbushOnEarth The formula should be the same, just take @Paulington's spreadsheet, go to the Post 2.2 version, and change the cap from 501 to 531.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Options
  • LastAmbushOnEarth
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @LastAmbushOnEarth The formula should be the same, just take @Paulington's spreadsheet, go to the Post 2.2 version, and change the cap from 501 to 531.

do you read patchnotes?
    they said the progression will be easy, so each rank will require less exp than now

@Enodoc
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

do you read patchnotes?
    they said the progression will be easy, so each rank will require less exp than now

@Enodoc

Do you even math? ;)
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • LastAmbushOnEarth
    @Wollust no

how many exp for each rank now? it must be less then on live
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Wollust no

how many exp for each rank now? it must be less then on live

It is less because the cap is being increased. The formula @Enodoc referred you to should still be the right one, as they didn't mention anything about changing the exp formula. You just have to replace the old cap with the new cap and then you'll be able to calculate the new amount of exp per CP.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do you read patchnotes?
    Yes, which is an inbuilt part of the formula:

(((x / (cap ^ 0.995)) + 0.085) * 400000) if x ≤ cap, where x is your current number of CPs.

So if you have 200 CPs, your next CP will require (((200 / (501 ^ 0.995)) + 0.085) * 400000) = 198,721 XP with the cap at 501.

When the cap is increased to 531, the required XP for the next CP will be (((200 / (531^ 0.995)) + 0.085) * 400000) = 189,460, which is less XP than now, as required.
    Options
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For avoidance of doubt, I have updated my sheet with a new page down the bottom "POST-2.5 CALCULATIONS 1-531", you can find it by clicking here.

Thanks @Enodoc for tagging me, I forgot to update it. :smile:.
    Options
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worry not there is always Black Desert. I've heard a boat load of GW2 and ESO players are playing that. Best part is you are on equal footings with release day players far as stats within a few weeks and not never. As of 3 days ago I've come to terms I will never be on equal footings as the players the had easy mode CP grinds that no longer exsists, which was why I stopped playing this game the 2nd time 2weeks after the CP system came out and saw people already at 1000 plus CP in the Non Vet campaign, no less just "GOD MODE" engaged. And now we have to work thousands of times harder then them just to get where they are at at the moment. GG, I am officially resigning from all competitive portions of ESO PvE and PvP.

I am now what ZOS was looking for me to be. A weekend visitor, instead of the hardcore player I was before the CP system dropped. That being said ZOS is siting on a goldmine I suspect like me the only reason now many players play this game now is because of the Elder Scrolls settings and iconic locations. Oh ZOS I hope you start dropping many costumes to us now converted to weekend casuals interested in continuing to spend money on the crown store. Because now there is no need to buy XP scrolls, race change, crown repair kits, or soul gems, the only thing that is needed for a select few of us is to just keep our 6 months Subs renewing, for the "beast mode" Sub perks. Well Played ZOS for making Sub very relevant now, again Well Played, probable the best business decision yall made in this history of ESO.

Need more enticing costumes ZOS, and more solo DLC packs that don't require you to be a already early to the table but now that food is gone CP farmer. TES series all the way! All the way!

TL:DR, Just give us players who still want to support you in the ESO venture, even more reasons to continue to support yall financial endeavors in ESO. But please don't make the game pay to win for the "Early to the table but now no more food is left CP grinders" that just want to pay for the sub and that's it and maybe a few racial changes.

What's better then a win win for all parties in question? I love ideals like this where everyone can have their cake and eat it too!
    Options
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Worry not there is always Black Desert. I've heard a boat load of GW2 and ESO players are playing that. Best part is you are on equal footings with release day players far as stats within a few weeks and not never. As of 3 days ago I've come to terms I will never be on equal footings as the players the had easy mode CP grinds that no longer exsists, which was why I stopped playing this game the 2nd time 2weeks after the CP system came out and saw people already at 1000 plus CP in the Non Vet campaign, no less just "GOD MODE" engaged. And now we have to work thousands of times harder then them just to get where they are at at the moment. GG, I am officially resigning from all competitive portions of ESO PvE and PvP.

I am now what ZOS was looking for me to be. A weekend visitor, instead of the hardcore player I was before the CP system dropped. That being said ZOS is siting on a goldmine I suspect like me the only reason now many players play this game now is because of the Elder Scrolls settings and iconic locations. Oh ZOS I hope you start dropping many costumes to us now converted to weekend casuals interested in continuing to spend money on the crown store. Because now there is no need to buy XP scrolls, race change, crown repair kits, or soul gems, the only thing that is needed for a select few of us is to just keep our 6 months Subs renewing, for the "beast mode" Sub perks. Well Played ZOS for making Sub very relevant now, again Well Played, probable the best business decision yall made in this history of ESO.

Need more enticing costumes ZOS, and more solo DLC packs that don't require you to be a already early to the table but now that food is gone CP farmer. TES series all the way! All the way!

TL:DR, Just give us players who still want to support you in the ESO venture, even more reasons to continue to support yall financial endeavors in ESO. But please don't make the game pay to win for the "Early to the table but now no more food is left CP grinders" that just want to pay for the sub and that's it and maybe a few racial changes.

What's better then a win win for all parties in question? I love ideals like this where everyone can have their cake and eat it too!

Given your reply, I am not entirely sure you understand how the catch-up mechanic works. The moment you hit (currently) 501 CP you are on-par with release day players. Even those of us with thousands of CP can only spend 501, so what's the issue?

As for 1,000+ CP in non-vet campaigns, you are aware that they are inactive there, right? Even though they have that many CP all CP gains/passives are disabled in non-veteran campaigns so they are irrelevant there too.

The CP system (and the subsequent cap) was the best thing to happen to competitive PvE/PvP in ESO bar none, it eradicated grinding advantage overnight and put everyone on a level playing field with regards to pure power, now all that matters is correct gearing and skill.
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You complain about the grind in ESO to get to the cap (which is btw not really hard, there is many better grinding locations plus other helpful stuff than back when the CP system was released) but you play Black Desert Online? I saw many people leave for BDO just to come back after 2 months because there you have a constant and massive grind every single day to stay competitive.
    So yeah, good luck to you there. If you can't handle the ESO grind, you won't be able to handle the BDO grind. If you want to be competitive that is.

Just so you know, players like me who have quite a few hundreds CPs over the cap need to earn a ton more exp (in my case something like 1.2mio) than others to advance. It balances itself out pretty good, making it possible for low CP people to gain ranks faster (assuming same playtime exp/h). Obviously, high CP people will be at the new cap instantly, but considering how low the increase is it shouldn't be much of a problem for a dedicated player to catch up.
    And who cares if I got my first 750 CPs with 400k exp/cp? That stopped being relevant the moment they put in place the catch up mechanic with the CP cap.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Given your reply, I am not entirely sure you understand how the catch-up mechanic works. The moment you hit (currently) 501 CP you are on-par with release day players. Even those of us with thousands of CP can only spend 501, so what's the issue?

As for 1,000+ CP in non-vet campaigns, you are aware that they are inactive there, right? Even though they have that many CP all CP gains/passives are disabled in non-veteran campaigns so they are irrelevant there too.

The CP system (and the subsequent cap) was the best thing to happen to competitive PvE/PvP in ESO bar none, it eradicated grinding advantage overnight and put everyone on a level playing field with regards to pure power, now all that matters is correct gearing and skill.

That what I said was the past reason I stopped playing "2weeks after the CP system was released", ESO not now. However since being back for 2 months to ESO and see how comparably harder it is to earn CPs (by the way that is many many many folds) then the players that spent 2 weeks to get their 1000 plus CPs are good now they don't have to grind they was blessed with the knowledge of the glitched XP areas shortly before ZOS nerfed the XP game wide no less into Oblivion "no pun intended". They require no more grinding when ever ZOS raises the CP cap for atleast the next 3 or 5 times if not much more. Saw some people on the PTS during the DB with over 1800CPs. While the rest of us will have to put forth thousands of times the effort they did just to catch up to the position they are current in "which is the true leveled playing field."

I'm not going to sit here and debait if or not people getting to keep their exploited CPs is fair. I'm just letting ZOS know they won. I just CBA to put forward thousands of times the effort of someone else who Exploited to get what they have. I'm not crying at all. Actually to put it frankly I really gives the littlest of care without not caring at all. All I'm saying is that ZOS should now focus on releases some better looking costumes, hats, "CIRCLETS" maybe a heroic male and sexy female human polymorph, and more mostly casual DLCs. To keep the casual player base that is no longer or CBA to grind not fun content over and over again interested in getting on the leaderboards, interested in continuously to support ESO financially. If or not it's fair or not no longer matter to me because I'm not blind anymore. I now see it for what it truly is. Take that however you want. I said my piece, and I'm not going to debate how I feel about this system any farther.
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to sit here and debait if or not people getting to keep their exploited CPs is fair. I'm just letting ZOS know they won.

@Paulington, it doesn't appear your reply was even read.

If a player doesn't want to understand how the CP system is set up (and how the catch-up mechanic works) ... then they're probably better off not playing ESO and keeping their BDO fanboy hat.

Options
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to sit here and debait if or not people getting to keep their exploited CPs is fair. I'm just letting ZOS know they won.

@Paulington, it doesn't appear your reply was even read.

If a player doesn't want to understand how the CP system is set up (and how the catch-up mechanic works) ... then they're probably better off not playing ESO and keeping their BDO fanboy hat.

Your post just reeks of ignorance man. First if you was to actually read my posts you would see that I'm not a Black Desert online fanboy at all. I'm a TES fanboy but you are too *** to understand what I've said prior. Either that or you just choose to leave out the inconvenient bits of truth to farther your agenda to slander me in your post I'm now responding to. I understand what he said and how the system work. But you are either too dense or just plain *** to overlook that fact that their are people who got 1000 plus CPs in about 2 weeks time and that has been nerfed to all hell. In it's place is this system that makes the new players time not even worth a single penny to the CXP/hour they was getting.

I say it again for you to maybe understand this time. There was people on the Dark Brotherhood version of the PTS that had over 1800 CPs. They did not earn those CPs fairly or else ZOS would have not nerfed only the CXP exploits but all of the XP throughout the game because of those exploits. So all I'm saying why they only had to spend 2 weeks to get their CPs the newer players coming after them will more then likely have to spend a lifetime.

Yes I understand the CP caps but come on man, allowing to them to keep exploited Cps while nerfing everyone else? And then to give us a slap in the face to our intelligence by calling this a catch up system? Just lol I'm just going to continue enjoying the game for what it is, and that's just that. If you got a problem because I'm smart enoth to avoid this blatant biased treatment, then I really feel sorry for you. But go ahead and enjoy your privileged CPs that you didn't earned but was giving to you, through exploits.A cheater is a cheater no matter how he tries to justify why or how he or she cheated.
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I have 530 CP right now on Live ... which is right at the proposed cap for Update 11. I can either tell you straightaway that I earned those CP fair and square by playing the game for 2+ years ... or you can probably gather that yourself just by seeing the low total.

ZOS has penalized exploiters with bans of various lengths. Is the time served by those players not long enough for you? You realize they can't earn experience towards CP during the downtime from a ban? For players that you think should be banned, but were not, did you report those players in-game so ZOS could take a look at their account and history?

Note that there were other players who put in a monumental (but legitimate) grind for CP as soon as the Champion System came out ... since there was no cap at the time. Then, ZOS announced the CP cap.

There are no-CP PvP campaigns for those players under the cap that want to play on more of an equal footing. In PvE, you're either running solo or in a group of other players with a like-minded goal.

After that, no player is required to grind CP. A player can only put that requirement on his or herself ... if by the (flawed) notion that the only way to enjoy the game is being at the CP cap.

So far, I'm not seeing a way to separate this thread from the other rant threads out there ... where new players, casuals, or players that took a break, want a min/max end game character without putting in the effort to achieve that result.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on 2 July 2016 23:42
    Options
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    Just keep it simple...you're going to end up creating more problems than what you hope to fix...

-Keep the Cap at 501 (until the next wave)
    -Keep the exp required for each where it is now (not PTS but live as of 10/7/15)
    -apply a permanent enlightenment bonus for anyone less than 400 CPs
    -use enlightenment at largely increased rates so if someone is below 100, maybe they get a 300% boost, if over 100 but below 200 they get a 250% - 200% boost, if above 200 but below 300 give a 200% - 150% boost and from 300 - 400 give a 150% - 100% boost, and 400 - 499 maybe a 100% to 50% boost but once you hit 500, there should be no enlightenment boost just a normal bonus and the same exp rates.

I have no idea why they are making this harder than it needs to be

@NewBlacksmurf I only quoted you because you had the right idea.

One thing that this formula doesn't take into account is that regardless of what each CP cost, an extreme casual or someone just coming into the game will not want to or will not grind a big amount of XP to be able to participate in endgame. There is a belief that all the good stuff comes at endgame. What happens when the cap at some point raises to 3000 and a player first joins the game? It's the same thing levels do, if you're not the same level you can't play together.

Capping veteran players who play alot is enough to keep things fair. Penalizing them for playing the game more is not the right thing to do. Penalizing a newer player for just starting or playing the game less is not right. So how do you avoid both being penalized and still allow a veteran player who plays alot to keep progressing?

Allow consistent players to keep progressing as much as they want towards the Total Cap of 3600.
    Every CP raise boost whoever is under the previous cap to the previous cap total.
    That way Mr.Casual or newbie is never below 501 CP regardless of the complete CP total of 3600.
    And Mr.Veteran Hardcore is wherever he is based on his playtime, 600, 1356, 2200, 3600, but due to a cap he never is super powerful in content compared to Mr.Casual or newbie.
    Everyone gets to play together as long as both players are competent in mechanics.

Raising the gear cap in 20-30 CP increments every 3 months or longer will never keep the drive alive for a hardcore veteran to stick around. He has is his foot on the gas going 300-501 MPH and you are limiting the car to 160 MPH. 20-30 CP increments will also be hard on a casual to midcore because the gear cap is a moving goalpost that most players including the hardcore veterans feel like they cannot feel progression long enough. The casual might think they like the 160 MPH limit but that is only because he knows he cannot invest the exuberant amounts of time a veteran hardcore can. As soon as that gear cycle starts changing every quarter or so I guarantee you will see complaints in the forums. Sixth months to Nine months is a pretty good amount of time for gear to stay relevant but not feel like no new higher progression is coming.

Oh look, here comes the worries now.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/276344/future-gear-and-future-cp

Gear cap is always what the previous character CP cap ended at.SO when the 2ND Character CP raise of 1002 happens the Gear CP cap will be 501 CP. So everyone can access all content.
    • 1ST Cap= Is currently 160, can't go back on this one
    • 2ND Cap= 501 CP
    • 3RD Cap= 1002 CP
    • 4TH Cap= 1503 CP
    • 5Th Cap= 2004 CP
    • 6Th Cap= 2505 CP
    • 7Th Cap= 3006 CP
    • Final Cap= 3600 CP

First cap is 501 CP. Which stays for 6 Months.
    • 0-100= Enlightenment Boost +300%
    • 101-200= Enlightenment Boost + 300%
    • 201-300= Enlightenment Boots +250%
    • 301-400= Enlightenment Boost + 200%
    • 401-501= Enlightenment Boost +150%

2ND Cap is 1002 CP. Which stays for 6 Months.Players under the previous cap get bumped to 501 CP.

3RD Cap is 1503 CP. Which stays for 6 Months.Players under the previous cap get bumped to 1002 CP.

4TH Cap is 2004 CP. Which stays for 6 Months.Players under the previous cap get bumped to 1503 CP.

5TH Cap is 2505 CP. Which stays for 6 Months.Players under the previous cap get bumped to 2004 CP.

6TH Cap is 3006 CP. Which stays for 6 Months.Players under the previous cap get bumped to 2505 CP.
    • 101-200= Enlightenment Boost + 250%

7TH Cap is 3600 CP. Which stays for 6 Months.Players under the previous cap get bumped to 3006 CP.

That is 42 Months or 3 years and 6 months of leveling. If you think of that like levels, and each CP cap only took as long as leveling 1-50, something required to access endgame and progress. That is like leveling a class to Level 420. Who would want to level a class to Level 420 to access elder content? Unless the experience gains were phenomenal, not many. CP shouldn't feel like a chore or countless levels. It should just come naturally and swift as a side note to the actual content.
    Edited by Kalifas on 3 July 2016 06:22
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
    Options