Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

[The Bug Notes] Compendium of current Bugs / Exploits

• WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting the Lore Book Found message when i pick up normal books lying around Eastmarch and The Rift for Cadwells Gold and then when I pick up an actual lore book, nothing pops up. This was happening on PS4 and Xbone.

I am getting this on PC. I figured there was some sort of achievement now for them or something.
    Options
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Xantaria I think you can add unreliable CC immunity to the list. Sometimes I get CCed twice in a row right after CC breaking. I dont know if this is caused by specific skills but its really annoying to be constantly CCed. Many guild mates have the same issue in pvp.

If it is an immobilize/root it can happen since CC immunity doesn't affect roots. Could also be a latency issue where you CC break on your screen before the 2nd CC hits you, but the server sees it the other way around.
    Options
  • RenhardtESO
    RenhardtESO
    ✭✭✭
    I keep getting the Lore Book Found message when i pick up normal books lying around Eastmarch and The Rift for Cadwells Gold and then when I pick up an actual lore book, nothing pops up. This was happening on PS4 and Xbone.

I am getting this on PC. I figured there was some sort of achievement now for them or something.

I was wondering the same thing at first also, but then when I would pick up an actual lore book, I wouldn't get the notification for it. So I figure its a bug.
    Options
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something I've noticed is a seam issue when using Magelight. There is a visible seam on certain chest pieces when using Magelight. Saw this with the glass armor and phoenix set. The light effect is split in half on the back of the chest which looks pretty bad. Can upload pics later
    Options
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another issue if anyone knows if this is as designed or not but the staff of willpower (EP) dragon faces towards the player instead of away. IMO this looks pretty silly and I was looking forward to using it because it is my favorite staff. Wish there was a cosmetic system where I could use whatever weapon skin I wanted though since the willpower set can be completed without the weapon. It is also more beneficial to not use the weapon and use one from another set at least for restro users.
    Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xantaria , Could you please add all of the issues surrounding clouding swarm.
    • Single target attacks hitting you while invisible
    • Mark target keeping you from being invisible and looking like devouring swarm
    • knock-back effects pulling you out of invisible and making you look like devouring swarm

These are all bugs introduced in this update, minus the mark target which was a bug that was never addressed. Even players like @Sypher who are now using this ability are discussing it daily on their stream about how bugged it is. Please add it to the list so it can be confirmed or denied as such and if confirmed it can be fixed.

This is a compilation of bugs so items shouldn't be picked or chosen as to what is added. Thank you!
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • RatedChaotic
    RatedChaotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm done with this broke ass game. You all can support them if you like. But I refuse to play a game this broken. Hitting 15 pages of bugs/exploits lmao. Great game!
    Edited by RatedChaotic on 14 October 2015 18:00
    Options
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm done with this broke ass game. You all can support them if you like. But I refuse to play a game this broken. Hitting 15 pages of bugs/exploits lmao. Great game!

Lol guess we should look at all the bugs in WoW and see if it's more than 15 pages
    Options
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • knock-back effects pulling you out of invisible and making you look like devouring swarm

These are all bugs introduced in this update, minus the mark target which was a bug that was never addressed. Even players like @Sypher who are now using this ability are discussing it daily on their stream about how bugged it is. Please add it to the list so it can be confirmed or denied as such and if confirmed it can be fixed.

This is a compilation of bugs so items shouldn't be picked or chosen as to what is added. Thank you!

MArk Target is likely working as intended... it prevents you from going invisible with the pericing mark morph
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I added what I can be sure that it is a bug or seems reasonable to me. The mark target being a bug does not seem right to me and other players share my opinion on that. I tested myself and Single Target Attacks do not hit you in the swarm unless they were initiated before you activated the ultimate. I did add the knockback issue a long time ago.

I'm trying to keep this list as accurate as possible for me and I'm trying to avoid false reports.
    Edited by Xantaria on 15 October 2015 05:54
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »

I added what I can be sure that it is a bug or seems reasonable to me. The mark target being a bug does not seem broken to me and other players share my opinion on that. I tested myself and Single Target Attacks do not hit you in the swarm unless they were initiated before you activated the ultimate. I did add the knockback issue a long time ago.

I'm trying to keep this list as accurate as possible for me and I'm trying to avoid false reports.

That Mark Target bug is not a bug. It is a morph called Piercing Mark and is working as intended.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think I got everything up do date now.

@hammayolettuce
    For the Clouding Swarm issue with the Single Target Attacks hitting you in Clouding Swarm ... Maybe it's me not getting the point there. Can you explain it more / create a video?
    Edited by Xantaria on 15 October 2015 07:00

Options
  • Lifecode666
    Lifecode666
    ✭✭✭
    Amaing work.
    Up the hornz
    Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammayolettuce
    For the Clouding Swarm issue with the Single Target Attacks hitting you in Clouding Swarm ... Maybe it's me not getting the point there. Can you explain it more / create a video?

If I cast clouding swarm and someone has you targeted single target attacks can hit you. If you also have a radiant destruction or a few other abilities I've yet to test but radiant for sure it can keep you from being invis.

I would like to point out that until 1.6 mark target never showed anyone in clouding swarm. Same goes for detect pots. It is an ultimate after all. Zos said they would look into it but never the a response so just making sure it's not overlooked.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammayolettuce

If I cast clouding swarm and someone has you targeted single target attacks can hit you. If you also have a radiant destruction or a few other abilities I've yet to test but radiant for sure it can keep you from being invis.

I would like to point out that until 1.6 mark target never showed anyone in clouding swarm. Same goes for detect pots. It is an ultimate after all. Zos said they would look into it but never the a response so just making sure it's not overlooked.

@hammayolettuce
    Clouding Swarm (Vampire): Attacks with a knockback can make your invisibility granted by this skill disappear. Also Singletarget channelled Attacks like Restoration Staff / Lightning Staff Heavy Attacks or Radiant Destruction can prevent you from getting invisibility on activation. If somebody has you target locked before you go into Clouding Swarm he can still attack you with Single Target Attacks. Not sure if intended: Since 1.7 Mark Target and Detection Potions can be used to counter the invisibility.

Added it like this.
    Edited by Xantaria on 15 October 2015 08:00

Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammayolettuce

@hammayolettuce
    Clouding Swarm (Vampire): Attacks with a knockback can make your invisibility granted by this skill disappear. Also Singletarget channelled Attacks like Restoration Staff / Lightning Staff Heavy Attacks or Radiant Destruction can prevent you from getting invisibility on activation. If somebody has you target locked before you go into Clouding Swarm he can still attack you with Single Target Attacks. Not sure if intended: Since 1.7 Mark Target and Detection Potions can be used to counter the invisibility.

Added it like this.

Awesome! Thank you!

I also found yesterday that the magicka controller passive does not give the full 2% bonus it gives like 1.8% or so. This was tested on a magick sorc running a pet build. with 44k magicka and some change it should have given roughly 880 or so magicka but was actually only giving 750. I know this isn't a huge difference but it is certainly not adding up right.

Breton Sorc
    Necropotence set v12
    undaunted mettle passive 2/2
    Magicka controller passive 2/2

was using all of these boosts and taking structured entropy on and off the bar was the only thing causing the minor difference. was roughly 1.8% increase to magicka when structured was added instead of the 2%.
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/223897/bug-divines-not-applying-bonus-on-the-steed#latest

Both buffs from The Steed is unaffected by divines. Applies to Live and PTS builds
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammayolettuce

@hammayolettuce

Added it like this.

Awesome! Thank you!

I also found yesterday that the magicka controller passive does not give the full 2% bonus it gives like 1.8% or so. This was tested on a magick sorc running a pet build. with 44k magicka and some change it should have given roughly 880 or so magicka but was actually only giving 750. I know this isn't a huge difference but it is certainly not adding up right.

Breton Sorc
    Necropotence set v12

was using all of these boosts and taking structured entropy on and off the bar was the only thing causing the minor difference. was roughly 1.8% increase to magicka when structured was added instead of the 2%.

Are you aware that you need to calculate those 2% from the base value? You need to remove all your % increases (CP, Undaunted, etc.) and then test it again. Then it should be giving you the correct value.

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/223897/bug-divines-not-applying-bonus-on-the-steed#latest

Both buffs from The Steed is unaffected by divines. Applies to Live and PTS builds

Yeah I've seen this in the PTS forum and was thinking about adding it.

Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammayolettuce

@hammayolettuce

Added it like this.

Awesome! Thank you!

Breton Sorc
    Necropotence set v12

Are you aware that you need to calculate those 2% from the base value? You need to remove all your % increases (CP, Undaunted, etc.) and then test it again. Then it should be giving you the correct value.

I can test it again but all the others added up and that did not. If anyone else wants to check it out as well that would help.
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammayolettuce

@hammayolettuce

Added it like this.

Awesome! Thank you!

Breton Sorc
    Necropotence set v12

I can test it again but all the others added up and that did not. If anyone else wants to check it out as well that would help.

Don't forget to also remove Breton racial :)
    Edited by Xantaria on 16 October 2015 05:45

Options
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another issue if anyone knows if this is as designed or not but the staff of willpower (EP) dragon faces towards the player instead of away. IMO this looks pretty silly and I was looking forward to using it because it is my favorite staff. Wish there was a cosmetic system where I could use whatever weapon skin I wanted though since the willpower set can be completed without the weapon. It is also more beneficial to not use the weapon and use one from another set at least for restro users.

Is this the same for all alliance staffs?
    gxEAlru.jpg

Edited by WaTeR-aBuSeR on 23 October 2015 16:38
    Options
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    CURSOR UI BUG
    There is a similar bug on PS4 with the X button and the left d-pad, that seems to lock up after a fight at random, you cannot do anything that involves using the X button i.e speak to npcs, loot, open doors, interact with objects etc or swap/sheath weapons using the left d-pad.

you have to wait about 1-2 mins before the game will return functionality to those buttons.
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
    Options
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammayolettuce

@hammayolettuce Meteor is a ultimate but can be reflected by FLAPPING WINGS and a TINY ARSE SHIELD! I mean, meteor IS an ultimate after all so why should it get reflected....... i.e. being seen while doing damage is a small price to pay I say. I hope they dont fix it until they make meteor not be reflected no more.

EDIT: I have been begging for it to stop being reflected FOR A LONG TIME! What did they do instead? Made a marker appear below you for when it is targeting you so the reflectors have an easier job.
    Edited by OGLezard on 23 October 2015 22:19
    Options
  • Rasimir
    Rasimir
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody have any info about which bug will be fixed with Orsinium?
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to note that bug with Mark Target revealing you to everyone while you are in Clouding Swarm is a long-standing bug that has been in the game since quite, quite a while.
    Options
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rasimir wrote: »
    Does anybody have any info about which bug will be fixed with Orsinium?

If *ever* there was a need for the LOL button, this is it!

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
    Options
  • FatKidHatchets
    FatKidHatchets
    ✭✭✭
    I guess its just a minor exploit but its leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Ps4
    You currently cannot have a character in two different alliances in the same campaign. However you can get group queued into the campaign. So people are making characters getting group queued in and reporting what the other team is doing. Before you think me a paranoid nutter. It was being done by my fellow guildmates. I ended up turning off guild chat cause of it. Please fix.
    Options
  • Knaxia
    Knaxia
    ✭✭✭
    Annoying bug I've had for a while:

PC

-If you hide your UI (after you had it bound to a key) and press either ENTER or / (to open the chatbox) , the text entry box will stay opened and unable to be interacted with once you un-hide the UI. The only way to fix it is to either relog or try to find a name to click on to send a tell in the chat.

It seems that opening the chat text entry box while UI is hidden isn't handled correctly and freezes it in this state no matter what you do. Pressing the keys again won't do anything with UI shown or hidden either.
    Options